image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20170304_140705_001 (resized).jpg
P3050279 (resized).JPG
P3050275 (resized).JPG
IMG_0002 (resized).JPG
20170304_133422 (resized).jpg
20170304_140705_001 (resized).jpg

There are 590 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 12.
#551 7 years ago

Great idea on the ressessed side panels. Why is no one else doing this??

#552 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Great idea on the ressessed side panels. Why is no one else doing this??

I completely agree. Very innovative idea.

A lot of people don't seem to like change though. There are probably several pages worth of posts over in the Alien thread of people complaining about the look of the thicker bezels around the glass that came with the design.

#553 7 years ago

always impressed with the amount of quality thought and engineering we see from heighway!

#554 7 years ago

Just wanted to express my thanks to Hilton for purchasing Alien #2 and being an excellent beta tester, plus hosting the JD Twitch event. I am still mining it for AV integration issues as the entire American Team has been starved for real play testing (except Joe of course).
Hilton has been very thoughtful in suggesting things and reporting boo boos.
We are proud that Alien is extremely close to feature complete upon its release but refinement to everything will be rapid in the next eight weeks and it will not be long before the package will be mature and polished.

ddt

#555 7 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

Just wanted to express my thanks to Hilton for purchasing Alien #2 and being an excellent beta tester, plus hosting the JD Twitch event. I am still mining it for AV integration issues as the entire American Team has been starved for real play testing (except Joe of course).
Hilton has been very thoughtful in suggesting things and reporting boo boos.
We are proud that Alien is extremely close to feature complete upon its release but refinement to everything will be rapid in the next eight weeks and it will not be long before the package will be mature and polished.
ddt

Thanks! Always happy to help in any way possible.

My production boards are en route now. I plan to install as soon as they are and then will get you guys some more quality and in depth feedback. I am just starting to understand more things and hence my feedback will improve over time.

If ANY of you want to come out for a day or 2, I would be happy to host you for the stay and get you in for plenty of time on the game to dissect for yourselves. Serious and genuine offer. The bar where the game is, opens after 3 on week days so you could have exclusive time on the game all day long.

#556 7 years ago

Whysnow - can you share how many games have been played on the machine thus far? I would expect some heavy play. Can't wait to see one at one of my local haunts .

#557 7 years ago
Quoted from rad:

Whysnow - can you share how many games have been played on the machine thus far? I would expect some heavy play. Can't wait to see one at one of my local haunts .

no, sorry.

I can tell you it has been played more in the short time it has been out than most games are played in an entire month.

#558 7 years ago

No problem. I'm glad you are sharing your experience thus far - lots of excitement for this game. Thanks!

#559 7 years ago

Man this game looks absolutely fantastic! The comments here, the video's, and the solid interaction from the manufacturer, are really positive and inspiring. It's time for me to step up my restorations on my precious e/m's, sell a couple, and support one of the great up and comers in pinball.
Alien is a superior sci-fi pic that I saw in the theatre and it blew my mind. Now this machine is doing the same. Once I hit send on this comment I'll be going to the site and will be putting in my order.
Well done!

#560 7 years ago

If you stop in to play and see Aliens off/ with a sign on it, please do me a favor and shoot me a text (my number is on all the games). Chances are that the game is just fine. 2x this past week some smartass has turned it off, put a sign on it, and told the bar staff "Aliens is having issues and I contacted Hilton" I never get contacted and then the machine sits off till I happen to stop back in.

We are pretty sure we know whom it is, as this past Saturday the bar tender said he remembers the guy and will point him out to me next time he sees him.

Long story short, there is of course the chance for a machine to go down, but recently someone seems to have some other motive for doing this. If pinsiders drop in and see a sign, please do me a favor and text me. I would always prefer to get a second text even if I already know. I take a lot of pride in trying to address any issues ASAP, but I cant address if I dont know.

thanks in advance for your help.

#561 7 years ago

What a asshole

#562 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If you stop in to play and see Aliens off/ with a sign on it, please do me a favor and shoot me a text (my number is on all the games). Chances are that the game is just fine. 2x this past week some smartass has turned it off, put a sign on it, and told the bar staff "Aliens is having issues and I contacted Hilton" I never get contacted and then the machine sits off till I happen to stop back in.
We are pretty sure we know whom it is, as this past Saturday the bar tender said he remembers the guy and will point him out to me next time he sees him.
Long story short, there is of course the chance for a machine to go down, but recently someone seems to have some other motive for doing this. If pinsiders drop in and see a sign, please do me a favor and text me. I would always prefer to get a second text even if I already know. I take a lot of pride in trying to address any issues ASAP, but I cant address if I dont know.
thanks in advance for your help.

Wow that is some BS. Someone's jealous.

#563 7 years ago

That is pretty crappy. That needs to stop.

#564 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Was it this guy?

gary alien (resized).jpggary alien (resized).jpg

#565 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Was it this guy?

Thanks for that

#566 7 years ago

now that is funny!!!!

lol

#567 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

blakeya (resized).jpgblakeya (resized).jpg

#568 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Was it this guy?

Ok, that is the funniest thing I've seen on Pinside!!!!!! I just LMAO on that!

The funny thing is it probably was Gary!

#569 7 years ago

1 of 3 light boards installed today.

Went smooth, I just had limited time.

Hoping to have some time on monday/ dip out of work early and do another board or 2.

#570 7 years ago

Any new videos to share?

#571 7 years ago

How's it holding up to public play? Any recurring issues?

#572 7 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

How's it holding up to public play? Any recurring issues?

solid. only issue at all was a wire broken off drop coil lug. Just needed resoldered.

All fixed and good to go.

Similar to our Full Throttle on route for the past year, I dont expect any big issues or abnormal stuff.

1 week later
#573 6 years ago

One week later, same question...How does it seem to be holding up?

#574 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

One week later, same question...How does it seem to be holding up?

holding up great. No issues aside from pre-production light board stuff.

I just got the final parts to be able to finish installing the production boards, so heading to the bar now to finish up the job.

Gotta get it done before the launch party on Saturday...

#575 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

holding up great. No issues aside from pre-production light board stuff.
I just got the final parts to be able to finish installing the production boards, so heading to the bar now to finish up the job.
Gotta get it done before the launch party on Saturday...

Thanks, thats awesome...I am looking forward to seeing/playing this game

#576 6 years ago

...ALIENS have landed in Houston too!

IMG_3351 (resized).JPGIMG_3351 (resized).JPG

#577 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

...ALIENS have landed in Houston too!

congrats! You putting it out on route also?

People LOVE it!

#578 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You putting it out on route also?

Nope. ...I don't operate - I'm just a happy owner.

#579 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Nope. ...I don't operate - I'm just a happy owner.

cheers to that!

I am 99% sure I will be buying one for myself to keep at home in the future

#580 6 years ago

new light boards installed. All switches now work as expected I have a few lights on the upper most section with issues I need to work out, but much better already with the new light boards installed.

If anyone stops in to play in the next couple days, you will see that the drop targets dont register. They have upgraded the drop target board and it will be arriving in 2 days (in time for the launch party on Sat). I will also be installing new code as soon as the new drop target board arrives. This should address the xeno coding to work more also

2 weeks later
#581 6 years ago

Just curious how Alien has been holding up on location?

Also, has the wear been minimal at the main mode start and left side lockout home?

Thank you

#582 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just curious how Alien has been holding up on location?
Also, has the wear been minimal at the main mode start and left side lockout home?
Thank you

holding up well. Getting LOTS of play.

I put mylar down at airlock and magnet , so that looks good. I think they are doing this from the factory now?
No wear at muther hole.

Only thing we have are intermittent lights not triggering/getting connection, which is fixed post thes first 2-3 pre-production tables.

for further explanation >> This is due to the GI lights (GI poles really as they are tall and travel from under pf boards all the way through the pf) and the holes for them to go through in the pf being a bit too tight of tolerance (this was changed after the first 2 prototype games). This tight tolerance means that vibration sometimes moves a GI light a bit and it does not have good connection. If 1 GI light gets loose then the rest of the string of lights can also stop working. Next game the GI can vibrate back in place and lights look good again. Not really a big deal from the stand point of play, but worth note for anyone that stops out to play our particular game.

#583 6 years ago

Great to hear that the game is holding up well! Has there been any wear or chipping around the magnet right in front of the xeno toy?

#584 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Great to hear that the game is holding up well! Has there been any wear or chipping around the magnet right in front of the xeno toy?

I put mylar down on D2 to prevent any (mylar will fix the majority of any problem areas on games; just wax well before laying it down so it is easy to pull up later). Worth note that our pf is a pre-production and I am under the impression that the full prodcution ones have a slightly differnet process and will be even better. I would still put mylar down if not from the factory.

#585 6 years ago

You've been changing boards and tweaking stuff for a while now and still there are things not working properly. Would it be fair to say they still have some work to do on these before ready for full production?

#586 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

You've been changing boards and tweaking stuff for a while now and still there are things not working properly. Would it be fair to say they still have some work to do on these before ready for full production?

no

edited for clarity: Ted you obviously dont work on games so it is hard to put this in different terms for you. We have a prototype/pre-produciton game. Only 'tweaks' were to swap in new under pf light/switch boards. Something not for the non-tech person like yourself. Luckily, ONLY the first 2 games went out with these pre-produciton light/switch boards and we both knew exactly what we were getting. We also helped to provide the feedback to make the improvements to where they are now. Aside fromt that, there were just minor adjustments as typical for any NIB game going on route.

From what I gather, they are building full produciton games, with full produciton light/switch boards. That is not to say they wont be making further adjustments or modifications to later games, but I think anyone would be happy with the prodcution they are now putting out.

Swapping a xeno board it 8? wires to disconnenct and reconnect. Something anyone with even 1 game shoudl be capable of doing. Assuming that is the only change to still be done, then I woudl say things are all good.

#587 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I put mylar down on D2 to prevent any (mylar will fix the majority of any problem areas on games; just wax well before laying it down so it is easy to pull up later). Worth note that our pf is a pre-production and I am under the impression that the full prodcution ones have a slightly differnet process and will be even better. I would still put mylar down if not from the factory.

That's good to know, thank you. I have a chance to get an Alien standard on CoinTakers next batch of games they get in as a spot has opened up. I've been wondering if it's fine to get the game now or wait until a later batch.

#588 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I've been wondering if it's fine to get the game now or wait until a later batch.

If you can wait then I would, I'm glad LE's are gonna take some time, like Stern which I will never buy NIB right away again, I think waiting a year or so for code to mature and issues to be worked out then but it solid, I bought a Metallica pre about a year and a half after release and the code was done the hammer was fixed it was a pleasure, TWDLE had to have right away and it was shit in many ways, I don't blame anyone for buying early but after several disappointing NIB purchases I think I'm fine with the wait. Take ur time and hurry up.

#589 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I have a chance to get an Alien standard on CoinTakers next batch of games they get in as a spot has opened up. I've been wondering if it's fine to get the game now or wait until a later batch.

I would ask if this batch of games has the final production Xeno board. If so, I'd say go for it.

#590 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's good to know, thank you. I have a chance to get an Alien standard on CoinTakers next batch of games they get in as a spot has opened up. I've been wondering if it's fine to get the game now or wait until a later batch.

I dont think there is any issue. From what I have gathered, they have been making changes as they go.

Sounds like the TPF batch onward has many/most things fixed fromt he first few.

Quoted from SunKing:

I would ask if this batch of games has the final production Xeno board. If so, I'd say go for it.

yeah, that sounds like a good indicator of production status currently.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
9,999 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 590 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aliens-have-landed-in-madison/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.