(Topic ID: 232103)

Aliens Extermination Arcade Machine for Game room?

By duke1234

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Monarca1091
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2976 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2982 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2980 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2979 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2977 (resized).JPG
    4C74B836-1339-4D50-B3D0-882878EF8558 (resized).png
    Aliens Extermination Arcade-2 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

I have a chance to pick up a Aliens Extermination Arcade for $950 for my Game Room. Anybody know anything about this? cool? Opinions?

Aliens Extermination Arcade-2 (resized).jpg
    #2 1 year ago

It's a fun shooter for sure. If you like the aliens movies it's even better.

#3 1 year ago

There are a lot of fake games being produced. Make sure to do your research before purchase. I saw a Facebook thread about a recent auction where these were sold. They look like the normal alien games, but are copies

4C74B836-1339-4D50-B3D0-882878EF8558 (resized).png
    #4 1 year ago

Thanks for the heads up. I've been googling and haven't found much on this game besides some gameplay. No discussions about this cloning issue. No pictures of the "original" PC. Looks like I could easily get a clone and not know it.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from duke1234:

Thanks for the heads up. I've been googling and haven't found much on this game besides some gameplay. No discussions about this cloning issue. No pictures of the "original" PC. Looks like I could easily get a clone and not know it.

Yeah, I don’t have much info on the “clones” just saw your post and wanted to give you a heads up. Seems to be a lot of copycat Chinese manufacturers that are producing replica electronics and games. Just do additional research on your potential purchase. Check on Facebook and search for the Alien extermination units. I think the clones are very similar to original and seem to play ok. Just may not have the original equipment, connectors, etc if you have issues in the future

#6 1 year ago

It's crazy that they would go to the trouble of actually making the cabinet and then boot legging the game. I will just hope the one I am getting is real. Little bit worried if it stops working, not much guidance on repairs out there.

1 week later
    #7 1 year ago

Do I even have an original PC? It appears that someone "bypassed" the on/off switch and wired directly into the 6 plug extension inside the cabinet. Comments/advice?

IMG_2976 (resized).JPGIMG_2977 (resized).JPGIMG_2979 (resized).JPGIMG_2980 (resized).JPGIMG_2982 (resized).JPG
    #8 1 year ago

There's supposed to be a line filter in the back of that cabinet that has been taken out. They fail and can easily be bypassed. Part # is PS0S0SS60

#9 1 year ago

Your PC is original. Global VR originally built this game.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from nkowalskiw:

There's supposed to be a line filter in the back of that cabinet that has been taken out. They fail and can easily be bypassed. Part # is PS0S0SS60

Thanks for the information. Do I need to bother with putting this line filter back? Also, since the PC is 12 years old, are there steps I need to take to "backup" the game if something goes wrong? Advice is appreciated. Thank you.

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from duke1234:

Thanks for the information. Do I need to bother with putting this line filter back? Also, since the PC is 12 years old, are there steps I need to take to "backup" the game if something goes wrong? Advice is appreciated. Thank you.

maybe try and boot up the PC off of a flash disk or CD with a utility that can create an image of the hard drive. Something like this.
    https://clonezilla.org/

Put in a new power supply into the PC.

Get the model number of the motherboard or entire box and see if it is on off the shelf PC. Maybe you could find a spare working mobo / entire box on the cheap... like ebay etc..

#12 1 year ago

I got one in my gameroom and I absolutely love it ...

And it's at a smoking price

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 400.00
    Playfields
    Maple Street Sign Shop
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 87.00
    $ 30.00
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 59.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 29.25
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    The MOD Couple
    $ 34.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 221.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 159.00
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    $ 70.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 194.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 134.95
    Lighting - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside