Screen Shot 2017-04-03 at 9.07.11 PM (resized).png
bb54f1970bd431e37087438a57adf5da4caa0f4e (resized).jpg
IMG_3405[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_3414[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_3412[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_3408 (resized).JPG
hqdefault (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-04-03 at 9.07.11 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chrisnack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#305 7 years ago

So for those of you that got to play it at TPF, what were your thoughts?

I'm trying to find my next pin, and this is on the list as i'm a huge fan of the movies. However, little concerned on the wait time to actually get one in hand. Might grab a AFMr instead.

#307 7 years ago

Yeah I just saw that, heading over tonight to check out.

#315 7 years ago

I'm on the fence, going to go play it locally this week and then make up my mind.

I emailed Highway and they told me Standards were shipping end of April if you ordered now, and LE's were June/July.

#323 7 years ago

If i could order one and know it would be here in 4 weeks i'd be in. But even today emailing with them i got 2 different responses on the same day regarding lead time. So that isn't confidence inspiring.

#325 7 years ago

First email said if i ordered this week it would be end of the month (April)... then later after a few, i was told May. For an LE they said June/July.

Considering you can upgrade the standard, not sure what the LE really gives you other than the Artwork. The price list they gave me shows nearly every other option available as an upgrade on the non-LE.

#333 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I'm paid in full. When mine shows up, don't you worry, I'll make sure everyone on the Internet - er, Pinside - knows about it.

No doubt

I'll be curious for those that paid in full when there machines start showing up. If it's true and paying in full versus a deposit bumps you to the front of the line, that's cool and shitty all in the same stroke. I mean i get it, and i'd pay in full to skip ahead of others. But sucks for those that put down a deposit a long time ago.

So other than the artwork, i don't see any difference in a SE vs LE (at least if you upgrade the SE).

Screen Shot 2017-04-03 at 9.07.11 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-04-03 at 9.07.11 PM (resized).png

#336 7 years ago

Just some more info I got today.

The standard edition of the game can indeed be upgraded to have many on the features of the limited edition. This method of upgrading the standard to have the features of an LE is an option that you can take if you wish. The standard edition will only include the standard artwork where as the LE will have different artwork along with a LE number. The addition of parts to a standard edition of the game should not impact the delivery time of the machine.

The schedule of production is indeed as you have described. Those customers who have paid in full are the first to receive their machines followed by those who have paid 50% and then those who have only paid the deposit.

The air freight shipping is $350 and is available to our customers in the continental United States. The shipping time can be several weeks if traditional shipping is used. Whereas the air freight time should be between 7 and 10 days.

The 27” LCD backbox screen is not included in any editions of our games. The LCD is always an added extra on our machines. I am unsure as to the exact manufacturer of the LCD screen but I can try and have this question answered for you by our technical department. This would be the same for your other question about the use of a computer monitor.

Thank you again for your time I hope this information was helpful to you. If you do have any other questions please don’t hesitate to contact me and I will do what I can to help.

#338 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I figured this out a while ago. It boils down to ~$220 difference between the LE and SE that has all the available LE options added. What you get for the 220 is both art packages, glossy black cabinet, numbered plaque, and green\blue hardware. A couple hundred is not that much in this hobby and is the reason I went LE, since I wanted all the options anyway. If there are features you can pass on (the fiber optics in particular 800), the SE is the best decision dollar wise.

Yup, just wanted the info available. Also if you want a machine quicker than SE is the way to go.

#341 7 years ago

Yup, i'm with you. I don't want to put down $8k and then wait until Christmas to get one.

#350 7 years ago

Well as soon as Heighway gets back to me. I'm in and paid in full. 27" LCD, shaker, EL blades, beacon lights, fiber optic ramps, PDI glass.

It's an LE without the special artwork i guess...

#352 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Unless I've missed something fiber optics is one of the holdups on the LE. They've never been shown.

They didn't mention anything. Said my machine would ship end of April/early May. I paid for air freight, so i'll probably get mine quicker than most.

#354 7 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I don't get why you want fiber optic in this game...seems like it will be overkill with all of the decoration on the ramps already

It looks badass... it's amazing on Tron... why wouldn't you want it?

#358 7 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

How do you know? Nobody has seen it!

I was referencing the fiber lighting in general.

I suppose there is a chance it could be too much, then it can't be that hard to unplug it. But as it's a factory only option and it's integrated into the game, it should look very nice. I believe it color changes with the game (Morgan was going to double-check).

#361 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

How can u say that without seeing it?

#364 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Unless I've missed something fiber optics is one of the holdups on the LE. They've never been shown.

From the other thread per Heighway:
"The other thing here is that there are no major holdups to LE production with regards to artwork or the fibre lighting. We already drive the fibre lighting anyway, with hardware and software used on Full Throttle."

They are waiting on one image to be approved by Fox for the LE.

#366 7 years ago

I did get confirmation that the fiber optics are on all ramps and would be fully integrated into the game. FYI.

#368 7 years ago
Quoted from AcademyDL:

Any update where we can see examples of the upgrades??
Alien Pinball Fibre Optic Ramp kit
&
Alien Pinball Blade EL Lighting System
pictures on the Heighwaypinball website don't load for me.
Ive googled for examples but can't seem to find any.

Haven't seen any. Heighway said they are hoping to put up a video of the fiber lighting soon.

Worse case i'll post some when my machine shows up as I believe i'm the only non-LE that has ordered both options.

#374 7 years ago
Quoted from MagicJumpi:

Maybe Andrew uses another kind of anti reflective glass (like JJP or Stern) in his games, but there is no Roman´s/PDI glass included.

It's an available upgrade.

#377 7 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

You will not need to mod it with lights. It is part of the EL blades, and already lights up on its own. It is very cool looking.

So is it lit from behind or above or how is the artwork lit up?

#382 7 years ago
Quoted from MagicJumpi:

All I'm saying is that's not Roman's aka PDI glass. The available upgrade is advertised
as "Non Reflective Glass"...nothing more and nothing less.

PDI specifically is an available upgrade along with a couple other options. So yes it is an option or you can just get non-reflective. I opted for PDI specifically.

#384 7 years ago
Quoted from MagicJumpi:

Until today we haven't sold not a single sheet to Heighway Pinball. How can you claim that it is included if I'm telling you that it's not PDI/Roman's glass.

Ah, I didn't know you were with Roman/PDI. Sorry for the confusion.

The price list they gave me included your glass. So I ordered it. (I've attached it) $250 is much cheaper than the $365 I would have to pay here in the states if i wanted a single sheet.

If you are saying they will not have your actual glass, then i need to email them I guess, as I don't want anything but PDI.

Screen Shot 2017-04-03 at 9.07.11 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-04-03 at 9.07.11 PM (resized).png

#389 7 years ago
Quoted from MagicJumpi:

Andrew is not authorized or entitled to use PDI's (Pinball Decals Inc.) company name to market a product.
There's nothing more to add from my side.
I'd recommend to ask Andrew to clarify.

Well to be fair, they have not marketed it anywhere that i'm aware of. That was from a private email to myself. I didn't post it to get them in trouble, i was simply trying to provide information to the community. I could care less if they buy it from an authorized source and install it in the game. If i'm getting charged $250, i'm happy as that's cheaper than i can get it in the states.

#399 7 years ago
Quoted from MagicJumpi:

No, I`m the supplier for Pinball Decals and the creator of this product. I can imagine that Joey has trademarked his company name.
The best would be to ask him.
Heighway wouldn`t be able to source the glass directly without permission.
You may ask Heighway for technical specs of his anti reflective glass (reflective rate and light transmission)...
it would be much easier to say something about the quality if those numbers were provided.

Is there any reason they can't buy it from an authorized distributor? I don't see why they can't list it as an option, and if someone wants it (like myself) then they buy a sheet and put it on the game. I have zero issues with that.

If if it's Roman/PDI glass, doesn't the money flow back to you anyways, so why does it matter?

#406 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

That was a few days ago last I checked CT (when it was $8400), now they have it listed for $8595 without the monitor.
I wonder if they'll honor the original price they invoiced people for deposits?

You should have an order form that says the price, so i wouldn't worry about price changes. Whatever is on your order form is what you should pay, unless it's listed cheaper.

#408 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Does this mean pricing is slowly going up if you haven't ordered yet?

Don't believe so...

#413 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

I have just picked up on this thread again and want to clarify the whole non-reflective glass / PDI situation.
We do not supply 'PDI' glass on our games. PDI is a USA brand and we do not buy our glass from the USA. Our sales team may have incorrectly put PDI on a few private invoices - but they made a mistake and that won't happen again.
We DO however supply Roman-glass on our games. Something got lost in translation with Roman's posts, but Roman is correct that we have not received any sheets of glass from him 'yet' - but his glass WILL be appearing on our games (to those customers who have ordered it) when LEs start shipping.
I hope this clarifies everything.

Thanks for clearing that up, the community appreciates it!

#416 7 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Good info, but it causes me concern. I was promised when I placed my order including PDI glass (or whatever it's being called now) that the glass would not cause a shipping delay. I ordered an SE so I could get it before the LE's ship. Andrews comment makes it sound like there will be a delay in shipping games with PDI or Roman glass. How about your standard invisible glass, is it in stock ready to put on games?

Agreed, i'm worried now as well.

3 weeks later
#425 6 years ago
Quoted from MagicJumpi:

As posted above three weeks ago we were working on a solution for Heighway Pinball.
Due to lacks in communication we or I won`t supply Heighway Pinball with my glass aka Roman´s Glass
or PDI Glass.

Not surprised in the least and a huge bummer, at least it's available through other sources as I still believe your glass to be the best.

#426 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

A refund for $40 and the other anti-glare glass they offer.

$40 refund that will take weeks/months?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

9,799 (OBO)
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chrisnack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alienle-are-you-in-whats-your?tu=chrisnack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.