By MK6PIN

2 years ago

Stats

• 462 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by robotron
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 16 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20170409_090228 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-04-03 at 9.07.11 PM (resized).png
bb54f1970bd431e37087438a57adf5da4caa0f4e (resized).jpg
IMG_3405[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_3414[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_3412[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_3408 (resized).JPG
hqdefault (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-04-03 at 9.07.11 PM (resized).png
IMG_3351 (resized).JPG
IMG_0648.JPG
IMG_0647.JPG
20170325_224040 (resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
1924kf3pb9rp4jpg_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg

There are 462 posts in topic. You are on page 9 of 10.
#401 10 months ago
Quoted from Grg:

I'm guessing the main reason being the price. Why buy from the retailer for $295 per sheet if you can buy it from Heighway for $250, as per invoices shown.

But only as an "add-on" with purchasing a game. You can't just buy a sheet for $250.

#402 10 months ago
Quoted from Astropin:

But only as an "add-on" with purchasing a game. You can't just buy a sheet for $250.

Yup get that. I just mean if it wasn't an option to buy PDI glass from heighway, you would buy the pin and then purchase the PDI later for $295. So if you buy heighway and want PDI it's $45 cheaper. However, add-on or not, as stated by the manufaturer he has no knowledge of this and they set RRP for a reason.

I'm sure someone will soon relay their conversation to heighway regarding it all.

#403 10 months ago

When I put a deposit down with CT last summer the invoice said $8400 total including shipping for the LE and the 27" monitor. Now on their site it says $8400 for the machine plus $500 for the monitor. When did that change?

#404 10 months ago
Quoted from Grg:

Yup get that. I just mean if it wasn't an option to buy PDI glass from heighway, you would buy the pin and then purchase the PDI later for $295. So if you buy heighway and want PDI it's $45 cheaper. However, add-on or not, as stated by the manufaturer he has no knowledge of this and they set RRP for a reason.
I'm sure someone will soon relay their conversation to heighway regarding it all.

I sent Heighway an email, waiting for a reply.

Quoted from Pale_Purple:

When I put a deposit down with CT last summer the invoice said $8400 total including shipping for the LE and the 27" monitor. Now on their site it says $8400 for the machine plus $500 for the monitor. When did that change?

Their pricing guide now lists the LE at $8050 with the LCD as a $550 add on.

#405 10 months ago

That was a few days ago last I checked CT (when it was $8400), now they have it listed for $8595 without the monitor.

I wonder if they'll honor the original price they invoiced people for deposits?

#406 10 months ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

That was a few days ago last I checked CT (when it was $8400), now they have it listed for $8595 without the monitor.
I wonder if they'll honor the original price they invoiced people for deposits?

You should have an order form that says the price, so i wouldn't worry about price changes. Whatever is on your order form is what you should pay, unless it's listed cheaper.

#407 10 months ago

Does this mean pricing is slowly going up if you haven't ordered yet?

#408 10 months ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Don't believe so...

#409 10 months ago

Maybe. Price is clearly listed as subject to change due to exchange rate. But the dollar is getting stronger everyday.

#410 10 months ago

I have just picked up on this thread again and want to clarify the whole non-reflective glass / PDI situation.

We do not supply 'PDI' glass on our games. PDI is a USA brand and we do not buy our glass from the USA. Our sales team may have incorrectly put PDI on a few private invoices - but they made a mistake and that won't happen again.

We DO however supply Roman-glass on our games. Something got lost in translation with Roman's posts, but Roman is correct that we have not received any sheets of glass from him 'yet' - but his glass WILL be appearing on our games (to those customers who have ordered it) when LEs start shipping.

I hope this clarifies everything.

#411 10 months ago

Thanks for the clarification Andrew. Thought as much cause we buy Romans glass here and it comes direct from Roman. Joey might have trademarked the name PDI for his use but the Roman glass is available to anyone.

#412 10 months ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Thanks for the clarification Andrew. Thought as much cause we buy Romans glass here and it comes direct from Roman. Joey might have trademarked the name PDI for his use but the Roman glass is available to anyone.

And I doubt that PDI has been trademarked internationally, so it very well could mean 'Pretty Damn Impressive'.

#413 10 months ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

I have just picked up on this thread again and want to clarify the whole non-reflective glass / PDI situation.
We do not supply 'PDI' glass on our games. PDI is a USA brand and we do not buy our glass from the USA. Our sales team may have incorrectly put PDI on a few private invoices - but they made a mistake and that won't happen again.
We DO however supply Roman-glass on our games. Something got lost in translation with Roman's posts, but Roman is correct that we have not received any sheets of glass from him 'yet' - but his glass WILL be appearing on our games (to those customers who have ordered it) when LEs start shipping.

Thanks for clearing that up, the community appreciates it!

#414 10 months ago

It often takes three months to receive Roman glass from date of order. Are you planning to put in a bulk order in near term? I'll probably order a sheet if it is in stock when my game is ready.

#415 10 months ago

... but his glass WILL be appearing on our games (to those customers who have ordered it) when LEs start shipping.

Good info, but it causes me concern. I was promised when I placed my order including PDI glass (or whatever it's being called now) that the glass would not cause a shipping delay. I ordered an SE so I could get it before the LE's ship. Andrews comment makes it sound like there will be a delay in shipping games with PDI or Roman glass. How about your standard invisible glass, is it in stock ready to put on games?

#416 10 months ago
Quoted from sed6:

Good info, but it causes me concern. I was promised when I placed my order including PDI glass (or whatever it's being called now) that the glass would not cause a shipping delay. I ordered an SE so I could get it before the LE's ship. Andrews comment makes it sound like there will be a delay in shipping games with PDI or Roman glass. How about your standard invisible glass, is it in stock ready to put on games?

Agreed, i'm worried now as well.

#417 10 months ago

Roman, can you please clarify if your glass is not bought in the USA (which would carry the PDI brand), what would the exact name of your product be, to get the EXACT same performance as PDI?

I get rebranding across continents, just want to be certain that your glass ends up on my AlienLE....thanks

#418 10 months ago

I'm not sure about ordering direct, but ordering from Cointaker for an LE it has for sure gone up.
I would email them but they haven't answered my last four emails so it seems kinda pointless.
Really wish I would have ordered direct. Andrew has responded to all my messages in less than 24 hours (thank you it's very much appreciated!) and I haven't heard from CT in about a month.

#419 10 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Roman, can you please clarify if your glass is not bought in the USA (which would carry the PDI brand), what would the exact name of your product be, to get the EXACT same performance as PDI?
I get rebranding across continents, just want to be certain that your glass ends up on my AlienLE....thanks

The glass which is sold through me or known sources (like PDI) is made in Germany to the highest possible standards and it makes no sense to me to re-import it from the US to ship it to Andrew then.
There is no logo or branding on my glass since we want to keep it as neutral and authentic as possible and the quality/performance is
the same as PDI since it is the same glass.
We are working on a solution for Heighway too and it`s up to them how they´d like to call the glass.
In Europe it´s known as Roman´s glass and in the US as PDI glass.

#420 10 months ago
Quoted from MagicJumpi:

The glass which is sold through me or known sources (like PDI) is made in Germany to the highest possible standards and it makes no sense to me to re-import it from the US to ship it to Andrew then.
There is no logo or branding on my glass since we want to keep it as neutral and authentic as possible and the quality/performance is
We are working on a solution for Heighway too and it`s up to them how they´d like to call the glass.

I think they should call it 'Pretty Damn Impressive Glass' in the U.K.

#421 10 months ago
Quoted from MagicJumpi:

Thanks Roman. I just want to insure I'm getting your glass on my pins. I'm only familiar w the PDI branding, and have bought all my glass from Joey.
So if you sell the exact glass to Andrew for Alien as an option, maybe it could still be called Roman's glass. This way we know we're buying the right stuff., when "accessorizing" the machines.

Not interested in invisiglass, Sterns, or other versions...I've gotten comfortable with yours, and prefer to keep it that way...thanks...mark

3 weeks later
#422 9 months ago

As posted above three weeks ago we were working on a solution for Heighway Pinball.
Due to lacks in communication we or I won`t supply Heighway Pinball with my glass aka Roman´s Glass
or PDI Glass.

#423 9 months ago

So now that it's confirmed. I wonder what the guys/girls holding an invoice that shows $250 for PDI Glass will actually get?

#424 9 months ago
Quoted from Grg:

So now that it's confirmed. I wonder what the guys/girls holding an invoice that shows $250 for PDI Glass will actually get?

A refund for $40 and the other anti-glare glass they offer.

#425 9 months ago
Quoted from MagicJumpi:

As posted above three weeks ago we were working on a solution for Heighway Pinball.
Due to lacks in communication we or I won`t supply Heighway Pinball with my glass aka Roman´s Glass
or PDI Glass.

Not surprised in the least and a huge bummer, at least it's available through other sources as I still believe your glass to be the best.

#426 9 months ago
Quoted from Astropin:

A refund for $40 and the other anti-glare glass they offer.

$40 refund that will take weeks/months?

#427 9 months ago

If you're buying a single sheet of glass for the price of 10 (or more) regular sheets, is money really an issue?

3 months later
#428 5 months ago

So.....been awhile on this thread.....any adds, subtracts since we checked last? I'm still LE 212, btw....anxious to see these ship ( LE's supposedly in our homes before Christmas)...

#429 5 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So.....been awhile on this thread.....any adds, subtracts since we checked last? I'm still LE 212, btw....anxious to see these ship ( LE's supposedly in our homes before Christmas)...

I have pulled out MK6PIN ..
Best of luck to everyone that is in.

#430 5 months ago

LE refund for me but put the money with Nitro for an SE with lit side blades, one of my dream themes but getting restless. Its just fading, hopefully games start flowing in Sept/Oct.

#431 5 months ago

Totally get the current vibe....I'm even wilting a bit myself...we will stay the course and see this through...routing for a win!!!

Added 161 days ago: Umm...just read my post " rooting" for a win, not "routing"......good grief!!!

#432 5 months ago

LE#92 Got out shortly before the new owners took over. Really hope they can make a go of it.

2 weeks later
#433 5 months ago

LE#131 is out....been out for a while now, just never posted here.

Good luck to everyone still in! I played Alien at the Cleveland Show and I really like it, but I'm not messing with it right now. Maybe way down the road, if they make enough, I'll buy a used one from someone.

Brian

#434 5 months ago

I've heard rumor that Full Throttle will not accept and Alien pf now. CPU is too old.

Also heard that Heighway has no real intention of producing Alien kits for Full Throttle games.

Any comments from Heighway.

#435 5 months ago
Quoted from vonclod:

I've heard rumor that Full Throttle will not accept and Alien pf now. CPU is too old.

This isn't a rumor, it was announced months ago. Alien needs a newer CPU than was shipped with Full Throttle. Full Throttle owners who buy an Alien kit will need to install the new CPU, which is a simple swap with the old CPU. The new CPU will also run Full Throttle, so you can still take advantage of the fast playfield swap capability.

1 month later
#436 3 months ago

I wonder how many of the LE’s are currently accounted for with all the refunds and such? With people able to get in on the standards with relatively little wait, I find it hard to believe that there are 100-200 LEs on order.

#437 3 months ago

I find it hard to believe the company is pissing all over the guys with LE pre orders.
The guys that put their money upfront to hold the company together.
It's disgusting to watch it go down.

#438 3 months ago
Quoted from Toads:

I find it hard to believe the company is pissing all over the guys with LE pre orders.
The guys that put their money upfront to hold the company together.
It's disgusting to watch it go down.

I don't think the Heighway is pissing on the LE's, it's quite common to get the Standards out first.

#439 3 months ago

I'm LE #277 and have asked for a refund. If you wan to update your list.

#440 3 months ago

i am still in on le and was hoping for an xmas alien pin, dont think its gonna happen. really pissed off but i have to wait it out i want this pin.

#441 3 months ago
Quoted from robotron:

i am still in on le and was hoping for an xmas alien pin, dont think its gonna happen. really pissed off but i have to wait it out i want this pin.

I’m still 212, and oddly optimistic about Christmas.....maybe because a nice drop on BM66 code just happened tonight

“Yay” referencing below...

#442 3 months ago

Let’s do a roll call. ‘Yay’ if you’re still interested m for a LE.

Yay

#443 3 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I’m still 212, and oddly optimistic about Christmas.....maybe because a nice drop on BM66 code just happened tonight
“Yay” referencing below...

was happy for the people in the bm66 thread. i mean they were discussing dishwashers over there while waiting for the new code to drop!
aliens le #412 almost paid in full. need upgrades.

yay!

#444 3 months ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Let’s do a roll call. ‘Yay’ if you’re still interested m for a LE.
Yay

Still a maybe for me. Just depends on what their concessions are for all the things they've changed/removed since i put down the cash. Also, would love to see what the final powdercoat options look like. Bummer though if they're Lime Green and True Blue like the mockups show.

If i do want to downgrade and they tell me I have to pay the new standard price though, I'm pretty sure I'll be out completely and they will lose a customer for life. I'm really happy to see these great games shipping finally, but i won't put up with being treated like that after they've been sitting on so much of my money for so long.

#445 3 months ago

If you're still it at this point I'd suggest waiting it out. This game is incredible. The more I learn the better I like it...and I liked it a lot from game #1.

#446 3 months ago
Quoted from Astropin:

If you're still it at this point I'd suggest waiting it out. This game is incredible. The more I learn the better I like it...and I liked it a lot from game #1.

Great news to hear....I wasnt going anywhere...very anxious for my LE.

3 months later
#447 7 days ago

Not sure if this is the best place for visibility, but didn't want to interrupt the griping in the main Alien thread.

With the "maybe" 45 LEs that are "maybe" shipping to CT soon and apparently none of them going to pre-CT customers, i was just wondering how many of us early (non-CT, Heighway-direct) preorders are still out there waiting on games and their payment status?

I wouldn't think it was that many so I'm just wondering why they can't be bothered to throw a few games our way, or at least contact us with an update.

#448 7 days ago
Quoted from nman:

Not sure if this is the best place for visibility, but didn't want to interrupt the griping in the main Alien thread.

With the "maybe" 45 LEs that are "maybe" shipping to CT soon and apparently none of them going to pre-CT customers, i was just wondering how many of us early (non-CT, Heighway-direct) preorders are still out there waiting on games and their payment status?

I wouldn't think it was that many so I'm just wondering why they can't be bothered to throw a few games our way, or at least contact us with an update.

I am and I have gotten confirmation in the past and now again recently I was one of the first 5-10 LE orders paid in the door with them.

I posted in the other thread but I'll post it here. I had been communicating with them and got the update the other day(paraphrasing but it was told to me) they needed to provide these games first to distributors to keep money coming into the company. They were sorry and understood the frustration ....blah blah blah..... and hoped to be sending out some(what they called "private") shipments to early LE people in US soon. They did ask for my trim preference at the same time for what that is worth. I honestly get it, it's frustrating, if they need a little new money in first I am ok with that as long as us original LE orders don't get pushed back too far in line. I'll take the lesser of a shitty situation and that is hopefully getting an LE somewhere early in the process and more so hoping all the stupid bugs are worked out by the time I do.

As everyone has said a million times, a little communication and a lot of truth go a hell of a lot further than lies and shade at the end of the day. They need to step up I think and start giving the truth and hopefully real signs of them coming out of this black hole if they indeed are.

#449 7 days ago

We wait, speculate, and hope. Is what it is.....

#450 6 days ago
Quoted from nman:

With the "maybe" 45 LEs that are "maybe" shipping to CT soon ...

There is NO WAY that 45 units will ship to CoinTaker. Hell, each "delivery" has been, what-something like 10-12 machines at a pop or something similar. And they make a HUGE deal out of that like they're speeding up the assembly line, lol.
Listen, I was all in for the original run of Aliens, but once I figured that they were simply a hand-assembled (nothing wrong with that) creation that would be released in dribs & drabs, I bailed. I simply cannot believe that a company operates as such.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 156.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 25.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
$ 63.00
€ 3.20
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 63.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 12.95
$ 189.99
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 462 posts in topic. You are on page 9 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside