Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by jdoz2
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Alien_Star_transformer_schematic.jpg
Alien_Star_6VDC_bridge.jpg

#1 6 years ago

Im having quite a bit of trouble figuring this one out. The f5 fuse (which goes to the power supply board) keeps blowing. I have three different power supplies and they work correctly in my mars god of war. Does anyone have any suggestions about what I should be looking for to troubleshoot this problem? I couldnt track down an online manual for the game, but I have a printed one for my Mars, so I should be able to compare some things. Im not sure if this helps any, but I unplugged the MPU and it didnt blow the fuse. Powered it down and then plugged it back in and then it blew the fuse.

I was fully working for a few days, then started doing this stuff. Very fun game btw! Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

#2 6 years ago

http://www.ipdb.org/gottlieb_cease.html

This letter explains why we can't find manuals for these machines for online review.
Here is where you can get a manual according to the letter:

"...genuine documentation bearing

the Gottlieb Marks is available for purchase from Steve Young of The

Pinball Resource, 8 Commerce Street, Poughkeepsie, New York 12603

(telephone: 845-473-7114; fax: 845-473- 7116; email:

res1gypb@verizon.net). They are our official distributor of genuine

Gottlieb spare parts and documentation for North America. ..."

I would love to help but I can't find a manual - unless I buy one.
I'm hoping someone with more experience weighs in with better information.

#3 6 years ago

Hey jdoz, it sounds similar to what my black knight was doing when I got it, I have the letter of what was repaired on the board at home, I'll check it after school today. I remember it was essentially some connectors on the CPU, and maybe a transistor or something pretty simple like that on the boards, but again let you know for sure later tonight, wont be home until late though.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Hey jdoz, it sounds similar to what my black knight was doing when I got it, I have the letter of what was repaired on the board at home, I'll check it after school today. I remember it was essentially some connectors on the CPU, and maybe a transistor or something pretty simple like that on the boards, but again let you know for sure later tonight, wont be home until late though.

That would be awesome. Thanks! I have the rotten dog mpu in the mars, so Ill swap that out for now and see what happens.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

That would be awesome. Thanks! I have the rotten dog mpu in the mars, so Ill swap that out for now and see what happens.

You haven't done this yet?

#6 6 years ago

Nope, it has that weird auxiliary board that seems like a pain to mess with. It has legs like a rom, but its just a connector on the board.

#7 6 years ago

If F5 keeps blowing, you either have the wrong size or type of fuse in place, the fuse block is bad or the 6VDC bridge rectifier might be bad.

Steve
System 80, not just a job, it's an adventure

Alien_Star_6VDC_bridge.jpg

#8 6 years ago

Here's the whole page from my phone camera.

Steve

Alien_Star_transformer_schematic.jpg

#9 6 years ago

Thank you very much for the image. I switched to the repro MPU and it hasnt blown the fuse again. I notice on your circled F5 fuse, its a 7.5amp. The fuse cover on the game says its a 5amp slow blow. Maybe thats part of the problem?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 289.00
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Montreal, QC
€ 8.40
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 19.95
$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 289.00
$ 156.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside