65F82BDA-6957-4847-86F6-A1EB7AF178A8 (resized).jpeg
DSC_0009 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
alien-kernel (resized).jpg
IMG_0344 (resized).jpg
DSC_0009 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
salute.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oneangrymo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 4 years ago

OMG awesome!

#44 4 years ago

Can't wait to install it this evening! What a great week, got this code to install, got my life size alien queen to hang on the wall, Tesla shares going through the roof, mild Winter so far. This is the icing on the cake.

#61 4 years ago

Hey guys I just installed 1.3, it took like a millisecond. I put it on a usb, inserted it, and then did the usb update, it literally only took 1 second then it says pinball brothers version 1.3. Is this correct? Is there anything else Im supposed to update? It didnt get rid of my right flipper flashing unfortunately, and the weirdest thing is the left siren now turns very very slow compared to the right. Any suggestions?

1 week later
#82 4 years ago
Quoted from Mik-ReadingUK:

So I did the update and it seemed to work fine. The machine was off for a few days and now I turned it on and got this [quoted image]

Needs software installed from scratch again.. wonder why it did that now

#88 4 years ago

I have tried several reboots, always the same... Also booted it on a Mint rescue drive and examined the 8GB HD for obvious problems, fsck'ed it and it passes fine... Guess I'll have to try a reinstall.

It’s not that hard, but when I did it I needed a multi USB port thingy so I could put the usb drive, and then separate usb keyboard/mouse.

#90 4 years ago

The reinstall went ok and I immediately upped it to 1.3 from 1.02 (presume that's safe to do!)
I wonder if the os could get corrupted by turning it off without a proper shutdown of the linux system, even though that's obviously how it is designed to be? I have certainly had that happen to me on other computers before, though my Raspberry Pi powered CCC seems to have survived several hundred instant poweroffs.
Hmmm... I might do an image dump of the current system to save for comparison if it happens again.

Yeah that’s weird. Computers.. sheesh .

6 months later
#126 3 years ago

Wow already !

#132 3 years ago

Do these updates include new voices? Yesterday it told me to "play better". I never heard that before.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

9,799 (OBO)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oneangrymo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-software-13?tu=oneangrymo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.