Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180727_182136 (resized).jpg
20180727_182145 (resized).jpg
03780DBA-79A0-4E1A-BF1B-4AB551D9A22B (resized).jpeg
22F3B17A-D5F4-4705-80A9-8191999125F5 (resized).jpeg
20180514_165326 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 5 years ago

Those plastic condom looking things are the light tubes that spread the light from an LED. I suppose the 20 white boards with LEDS on them are to replace the GI or something with your update. You should have 1 white board and 1 light tube for each LED you are replacing.

Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Cross-post from the Heighway support thread:
My Alien was one of the Texas Pinball Festival prototype machines and I finally got around to swapping in the replacement parts, though I'm not sure where these items in the attached picture go (I have dozens more of the plastic caps not pictured):
Also, the new Xeno head seems to be active with its jaw moving (seemingly) as it should in test mode, but the tongue is not moving for me. It shows an error for a stuck switch--is it referring to the switch under the top half of its head? That switch appears to be fine.
Finally, would anyone have any ideas for a way to frame and protect the "in play" edges of the lower playfield LCD? Seems like the clearcoat in that area could chip/flake/crack.

#22 5 years ago

I think it was BCD that said the new LEDS were wired differently so if you update your current prototype LEDS they would blink in weird colors and worse case lock up.

The black plastic item must be a stronger plastic, maybe the Hyper Sleep lock plastic was breaking on other games?

Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Yes, it looks like 40 light tubes and 40 white boards--the LED blocks are supposed to be "broken down" into individual LED's? It looks like the existing LED's under the playfield, those that are plugged into boards similarly to how these would install, are broken down versions of these. I assumed these were supposed to remain together but obviously there's no continuous run of LED's that would fit such an arrangement. So the old LED's don't work with the updates? They seem to be fine in-game for me currently.
Re-reading my emails with Helmut shows that the black plastic item is the "Hyper Sleep lock" and my old one was acrylic. Why the update there?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,799 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-sele-technical?tu=luvthatapex2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.