Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2606210.jpg
Alien.jpg
image.jpeg
Easter_Alien.jpg
Alien_Shot_Map.jpg
Rain_Parade.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballrulez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The approach I'm taking on Alien is really more about keeping the data we display really encapsulated and contextually relevant. Keep it in the spirit of a DMD, in how and what it displays, but with all the advantages of an HD display, for high resolution art, numbers and text, and of course video. And that means both in the backbox (small or big or not at all, your choice) but also the playfield. And it has to work for both.
Ever use a car with a windshield projected HUD? You can watch your speed or directions as if it's floating in the air in front of your car, without ever taking your eyes off the road.
That's the hope for the middle playfield screen. If it's designed right, then it should be a valuable place to see important information, that's contextually relevant. If you're in a mode, the status of the mode, and instructions, and the timer, and your score, things that are vital to the moment — are all within reach of your eyes whenever you need.
The status of the modes is done with inserts on the playfield. With full RGB lighting we can put as much info into there as we need to.
And when you get a jackpot or finish a mode or something, then sure, we can rock a full screen animation. But it should still be fast and punchy, so you can get back to the ball and the info you need.
I think some modern DMD games have gotten a little too overboard with some of the animations, only because they can often hide your score for too long. You don't see what's going on. But I like their brevity and singular focus.
But if you get the big back box screen option, that's similar to the JJP setup, and you want to provide eye candy for people watching. So you gotta keep it looking cool even when it's not in full on engaged multimedia mode.
So my hope is that we've found our own path with Alien. We can show your score all the time, and still have the proper level of overboard, but without turning into a game map, we still keep that on the playfield in the more traditional fashion.
I think that I've basically described the mindset of the Alien pin. It's got the spirit of the 90s in some ways. Lots of toys, 4 flippers, wide body machine. Modes that are laid out in front of you. But with modern thinking. So full color HD display, RGB lights, great sound system.
I think it's going to be crazy fun to shoot, and I have a lot of ideas for the lighting and animations, and so does our animator, Kelly, and our plan is to really design everything to help make the rules feel more fun. We want them to feel engaging, and clear in what you're supposed to do. I like pins that communicate to you so you can understand your shots. It makes them more fun to just step up and play. The rules can still be deep and interesting, but not a mystery as to how to play them.
That means that we need to be smart with our light shows, and make them work with the rules. Really can't wait to see the inserts in action in person the first time.
I want this game to be f—king amazing to play in a dark room, with the sound up.

I think you just convinced people to step into the Heighway Alien journey. Well spoken.

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

so the aliens pin will also be available as a kit form for Full Throttle also? if I order the le it is the complete pin and cabinet, correct? just wanted to clarify and thanks in advance.

As well as for the Standard Edition as for LE editons kits will become available.

In theory you can have one cabinet and as many kits as there are available as well in SE as LE form.

#47 8 years ago

Double post

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

i dont necessarily want to spend the le $ on FT but I do want the best of the best with alien. I checked heighways website and dont see a breakdown of the differences between standard and le on FT. I do know that I do not want anything red on my alien trim though

http://heighwaypinball.com/fullthrottle

I believe the black LE trim is also available on the black LE cabinet.

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

The more I read about this the more tempting it is to break my "no more pre-order rule". Looks amazing. Any estimated release date on this?

As I understood Andrew said at Expo they are working towards Easter 2016 to be in full production.

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Any news on alternate trim packages for the LE, not into the green at all. Black or Chrome please.

I think they or looking into this and black (gloss) is no problem other colors not yet decided.

One thing Andrew made clear is that options for powder coat colors are bound to LE versions. SE version have one color only.

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

And now we wait.
Easter Alien.jpg
» YouTube video

Cool!

#98 8 years ago
Quoted from voodle:

Unfortunately, most negative comments here are directed at individuals.

Yours is too. A lot of people are involved with making this pin. So you are talking to them too.

Quoted from voodle:

I'm always amazed when people jump in with brainless emoticons and ridiculous jpgs. Now that seems like a waste of time

And again you are directing your comment to individuals.

Maybe you should keep into mind that a lot of people do like how Alien is evolving and adjust your tone of communication to that. That might help you to actually start a discussion.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
9,999 (OBO)
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballrulez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-rule-set?tu=pinballrulez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.