• 101 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by colonel_caverne
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2606210.jpg
Alien.jpg
image.jpeg
Easter_Alien.jpg
Alien_Shot_Map.jpg
Rain_Parade.jpg

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 3 years ago

We've seen the shot layout. We've seen some are work. We know the play-field toys. What we don't know is the rule set. It'd be great to see the rules. Combos, wizard modes, skill shots etc.

#2 3 years ago

Probably a little early to discuss the rules in depth. Things are still subject to change during play testing, or license approval of something that is a theme for the mode that maybe we have to tweak etc.

I'll give you the basic overview though, that should be safe enough. I don't see any of this changing, and I'm not going to discuss the mode themes.

At the start of the game you pick your film, Alien or Aliens. You're then locked into that film until you finish it. Each film has four main modes, and then a mini-wizard mode. Finishing that then opens up the film you didn't choose. So you can start with Alien, and then try and beat Aliens on the same game. All of the modes are based on parts of the stories. Each one will have video clips and lighting and sounds and rules to capture the feel of that part of the story. I think the pops randomize the next mode, you don't pick like in Stern Star Trek once you've picked your film.

I'm sure tournament players will have a preference or thing they've found an edge, they always do, but the goal is to keep the two modes balanced, score-wise, so there's no real reason to always pick the same one first if you don't want to.

The pace of the animations is going to be fast, the game will keep moving. No sitting there watching something play out for 20 seconds or anything. This isn't watching TV, it's playing pinball. I'm really thinking about the display like a high rez DMD. Show the score, show objectives, play cool animations to reward you for shots, and no sitting around.

There are also 4 multiballs that are outside of the modes, so you can play them with either story, and playing all 4 opens access to a multiball mini-wizard mode.

So basically there are 12 main goals, with 3 mini wizard modes. These are the 15 inserts fanning out from the flippers in the shot map. Depending on how hard that is and how it play tests etc it's certainly possible there could be a final wizard mode after all of those, but too soon to say. If there was I'd think it would be in a later update after we see how the game plays, adjust things, etc. In other words, no promise, just sounds like a good idea.

There are also things to play outside of the modes. The Chest Burster controlled drop target / magnet combo for instance, not a mode, can be played during either film path. The APC drop targets on the right are like an old school Bally, you have to hit them in order to get the better reward.

There are definitely a lot of cool combo shots. Again, play testing will need to confirm they all work and are fun, but so far the latest whitewood is proving to show that the ideas Dennis and Dave have had are sound.

If I can think of anything else I can reveal without going into places we shouldn't I will. Otherwise I'm happy to try and keep an eye on people speculating.

#3 3 years ago

^ ok, I'm hooked

#4 3 years ago

The approach I'm taking on Alien is really more about keeping the data we display really encapsulated and contextually relevant. Keep it in the spirit of a DMD, in how and what it displays, but with all the advantages of an HD display, for high resolution art, numbers and text, and of course video. And that means both in the backbox (small or big or not at all, your choice) but also the playfield. And it has to work for both.

Ever use a car with a windshield projected HUD? You can watch your speed or directions as if it's floating in the air in front of your car, without ever taking your eyes off the road.

That's the hope for the middle playfield screen. If it's designed right, then it should be a valuable place to see important information, that's contextually relevant. If you're in a mode, the status of the mode, and instructions, and the timer, and your score, things that are vital to the moment — are all within reach of your eyes whenever you need.

The status of the modes is done with inserts on the playfield. With full RGB lighting we can put as much info into there as we need to.

And when you get a jackpot or finish a mode or something, then sure, we can rock a full screen animation. But it should still be fast and punchy, so you can get back to the ball and the info you need.

I think some modern DMD games have gotten a little too overboard with some of the animations, only because they can often hide your score for too long. You don't see what's going on. But I like their brevity and singular focus.

But if you get the big back box screen option, that's similar to the JJP setup, and you want to provide eye candy for people watching. So you gotta keep it looking cool even when it's not in full on engaged multimedia mode.

So my hope is that we've found our own path with Alien. We can show your score all the time, and still have the proper level of overboard, but without turning into a game map, we still keep that on the playfield in the more traditional fashion.

I think that I've basically described the mindset of the Alien pin. It's got the spirit of the 90s in some ways. Lots of toys, 4 flippers, wide body machine. Modes that are laid out in front of you. But with modern thinking. So full color HD display, RGB lights, great sound system.

I think it's going to be crazy fun to shoot, and I have a lot of ideas for the lighting and animations, and so does our animator, Kelly, and our plan is to really design everything to help make the rules feel more fun. We want them to feel engaging, and clear in what you're supposed to do. I like pins that communicate to you so you can understand your shots. It makes them more fun to just step up and play. The rules can still be deep and interesting, but not a mystery as to how to play them.

That means that we need to be smart with our light shows, and make them work with the rules. Really can't wait to see the inserts in action in person the first time.

I want this game to be f—king amazing to play in a dark room, with the sound up.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I want this game to be f—king amazing to play in a dark room, with the sound up.

and in a well lit room too right? may sound like a stupid question but it's not if you think about projectors and controlled room lighting. i put a ton of though into my gameroom lighting and how it would impact gameplay in all areas

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yep

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The approach I'm taking on Alien is really more about keeping the data we display really encapsulated and contextually relevant. Keep it in the spirit of a DMD, in how and what it displays, but with all the advantages of an HD display, for high resolution art, numbers and text, and of course video. And that means both in the backbox (small or big or not at all, your choice) but also the playfield. And it has to work for both.
Ever use a car with a windshield projected HUD? You can watch your speed or directions as if it's floating in the air in front of your car, without ever taking your eyes off the road.
That's the hope for the middle playfield screen. If it's designed right, then it should be a valuable place to see important information, that's contextually relevant. If you're in a mode, the status of the mode, and instructions, and the timer, and your score, things that are vital to the moment — are all within reach of your eyes whenever you need.
The status of the modes is done with inserts on the playfield. With full RGB lighting we can put as much info into there as we need to.
And when you get a jackpot or finish a mode or something, then sure, we can rock a full screen animation. But it should still be fast and punchy, so you can get back to the ball and the info you need.
I think some modern DMD games have gotten a little too overboard with some of the animations, only because they can often hide your score for too long. You don't see what's going on. But I like their brevity and singular focus.
But if you get the big back box screen option, that's similar to the JJP setup, and you want to provide eye candy for people watching. So you gotta keep it looking cool even when it's not in full on engaged multimedia mode.
So my hope is that we've found our own path with Alien. We can show your score all the time, and still have the proper level of overboard, but without turning into a game map, we still keep that on the playfield in the more traditional fashion.
I think that I've basically described the mindset of the Alien pin. It's got the spirit of the 90s in some ways. Lots of toys, 4 flippers, wide body machine. Modes that are laid out in front of you. But with modern thinking. So full color HD display, RGB lights, great sound system.
I think it's going to be crazy fun to shoot, and I have a lot of ideas for the lighting and animations, and so does our animator, Kelly, and our plan is to really design everything to help make the rules feel more fun. We want them to feel engaging, and clear in what you're supposed to do. I like pins that communicate to you so you can understand your shots. It makes them more fun to just step up and play. The rules can still be deep and interesting, but not a mystery as to how to play them.
That means that we need to be smart with our light shows, and make them work with the rules. Really can't wait to see the inserts in action in person the first time.

I think you just convinced people to step into the Heighway Alien journey. Well spoken.

#8 3 years ago

I was going to quote the same sentence

Yep x2

#9 3 years ago

Aurich, you should write a blog with updates off heighwaypinball.com

#10 3 years ago

Just my opinion, but Aurich will sell Heighway a lot of games.......He is talented, well thought out and most of all.......He is one of us!
Yep x3

#11 3 years ago

That sounds like fun rules to me: both modes, multiballs and other 'things' to do.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

and in a well lit room too right? may sound like a stupid question but it's not if you think about projectors and controlled room lighting. i put a ton of though into my gameroom lighting and how it would impact gameplay in all areas

Oh yeah for sure. Nothing that won't look fine in a well lit room. But will definitely be more bad ass with the lights down I think.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If it's designed right, then it should be a valuable place to see important information, that's contextually relevant. If you're in a mode, the status of the mode, and instructions, and the timer, and your score, things that are vital to the moment — are all within reach of your eyes whenever you need.

I think the key words are "designed right". I had high hopes for this on Full Throttle, and honestly - could never bring myself to look at it. Sure, I glanced past it all the time, but could never focus on it because it takes a very different kind of focus than it does watching a ball, and monitoring shot locations on the playfield.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

I think the key words are "designed right". I had high hopes for this on Full Throttle, and honestly - could never bring myself to look at it. Sure, I glanced past it all the time, but could never focus on it because it takes a very different kind of focus than it does watching a ball, and monitoring shot locations on the playfield.

Yeah, I found playing Full Throttle instructive in how I'm thinking about the screen.

For example, I want your score clearly defined in a consistent area at the bottom of the screen. The way you look at the playfield LCD is different, it's angled such that the top is further away from you. The bottom is the natural place for the most important information.

I'm adjusting my thinking and designs for the LCD screen accordingly.

#15 3 years ago

That's good man. The more I think about Full Throttle, I more I think of it as a proof of concept for the platform and it's viability. I think Alien is the game that has great potential to showcase that viability.

#16 3 years ago

As this game continues to get fleshed out, it continues to sound more and more incredible.

#17 3 years ago

Well for what it's worth, here are my mode ideas.

All from the first Alien movie.

Because I'm not sure on the exact toys/layout on the play-field I've made these assuming it has 3 pop bumpers, 3 drop targets and a few ramps, a ball capture. They're 'rough' ideas that could be expanded on enormously and refined a lot but I only thrashed them out in 20 minutes.

Planet Landing Mode:
Ball capture then video mode starts. Use flipper buttons to fly ship left and right through rectangular boxes on DMD to land ship on Alien planet. Timed Mode for 15 seconds. Points awarded for each box flown through. Buttons fire left/right rockets. Difficulty is that the longer you hold the flipper button down the more thrust is added in that direction. It's accumulative.

Derelict Ship Mode:
Ramp on machine is same shape as curved derelict ship arm. Ramp has grey 3D plastic over it to look like ball is going in to derelict ship. Just like the movie there are 3 holes the search team enter. The ball needs to be locked 3 times before you can enter the ship. Locking 3 balls starts 3-ball multi ball. Jackpot is to hit a target which shows you the dead alien soldier. Super jackpot is lit if you lock a ball and hit the soldier again.

Egg Mode:
Timed mode. Start mode by dropping 3 targets in order. Pop bumpers are now active in egg mode. The goal is to get the pop bumper hits to a certain level and once achieved shoot a ramp shot for the egg to open. If you don't get the required hits the mode must be entered again by hitting the drop targets. Number of hits continues from where it left off. It doesn't reset to zero each time. Face hugger jumps on to your face. Big points.

Face Hugger Mode:
You're back in the ship and the hugger is around your neck. It starts to tighten.
Timed mode for 30 seconds. Shoot the left ramp then right ramp. The face hugger detaches and you can move to chest burst mode. If you don't get it, the mode resets. You need to re-light this mode. Not sure how yet.

Chest Burst Mode:
Play-field bash toy. Yes, it comes up out of the play-field so you can belt it with the ball. Not sure what starts the mode. It's timed and when it drops down again you have limited time to re-light that mode. Say a ramp shot, and it pops up again.

Acid Drop Mode:
Shoot right orbit to add one acid drop level. The acid drips through the floor for 5 levels. As the crew you want to inspect each each level to asses the damage. The first orbit is worth 100k (Level 1), then 250k (Level 2), then 500k (Level 3), then 750k (Level 4), then 1 million (Level 5). Each subsequent shot is worth 1 million. The levels reset to level 1 on the next ball.

Ash Robot Kill Mode:
Knock robots head off. Hit a fire extinguiser target 5 times to knock is head off. Nice. Then to get the real story of why the Nostromo was sent to the planet, two ramp shots in order for big points.

Vent Search Mode:
Left orbit is vent. Blue beep tracker vision and sound as alien is coming towards you. The 4 sets of vertical lights in the play-field could all turn blue and flash in sequence from bottom to top during this mode, increasing in speed as the alien gets closer. You have to escape the vent without being killed. Combo shot to escape and get big points. Shoot alien toy to light flame thrower for points then lock ball for points. If you don't, you don't get the points.

Crew Kill Mode:
Not sure but 7 crew members end up being 1 in the end so it's a 'count backwards' mode as they die off. Morbid huh? At each kill the cat should be there and hiss.

Self Destruct Mode:
Play-field pop-up. Hit it during 30 seconds to get points. If you reach a certain level, 2 ball multi-ball starts.

Jonesy Mode:
Dodge the alien to get the cat in its box. Loops to chase the cat but if you hit a drop target the cat gets further away. Get the cat, big points. It purrs.

Wizard Mode:
You're in the escape pod with the Alien in your suit. You try random gasses to move the Alien to the air lock before the airlock opens. Each shot is a gas:

Iodine Pentflouride
Isobutane
Methly Chloride
Nitrosyl Chloride
Methyl Bromide

A ramp, target, hole, could be a gas. When you hit them multi-ball starts. The goal is to open the airlock. During multi-ball you need to complete all ramp shots to eject the alien. When the alien is ejected from the air lock you enter 60 second times mode where all switches are worth big points. Ball auto save is on. Flippers become inactive at end of 60 seconds and balls drain. The end.

Some other ideas. The nice thing about modern games is that you have re-lights. So, if you lose multi-ball mode quickly, you can re-start it with a ramp shot for example. Or, multi-ball mode has ball save active for 30 seconds. I think these two features of a pinball are really good.

The other thing is that it has to have light and shade. I think that's why the cat is good to incorporate. It can't all be about doom and destruction. That's why funny call outs work well in other machines. But, in this theme you can't have that. The cat is there to add a 'human' touch to it.

So, that's my 2 cents worth of idea. We should all chip in!!

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Man, this is my hope, in spades!!!....I've got an area in the game room specifically reserved for it....completely dark,( away from the "row" in the room and will sit by itself so you can see both sides of the lit panels)....

Only light around it will be an original, 2 sided movie poster in a light box on the wall to the right of the machine!!!

Can't wait ( but I must)...

#19 3 years ago

Hope there's some good clock modes. I'm digging that aspect on Tspp, I would think either the PF display a digital countdown will be possible.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from voodle:

I have to hand it to you, your enthusiasm is infectious. It's really great when people share their ideas. While the basic rule set was completed over 10 months ago while Dennis Nordman was involved with playfield conceptualization, listing these ideas may act as a spring board for the Heighway team to possibly discover additional things they might very well think about or add a little polish to resulting in an even greater "super pin." Good show.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I really enjoyed your detailed description of your idea of what a modern game should be and I agree with you that lights must be an important factor because there is so many possibilities with full spectrum rgb lights. But lights alone is not enough to give the player
the feeling of great satisfaction with the shots and also a clear understanding of what to do. Check below for further explanation.

Quoted from Aurich:

I think that I've basically described the mindset of the Alien pin. It's got the spirit of the 90s in some ways.

I sure hope so, but please, please do not underestimate the use of sound. When focusing too much on the lights it is easy to forget that there is no better medium than sound to get across the feeling of great accomplishment, to tell the player what to do and to invoke an emotional response.

In this area the 90' games did it so right and most of the modern games (stern in particular) spend to little time awarding the player with cool sound bytes.

#22 3 years ago

Listen to TSPP for some fantastic sound effects and callouts.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Listen to TSPP for some fantastic sound effects and callouts.

Your are right. Well maybe with a couple of exceptions. The dooh, dooh speech and the hurry up music springs to mind

Lord of The Rings also got this right, so when I am saying newer Sterns I am referring to the last few years.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from karl:

I sure hope so, but please, please do not underestimate the use of sound.

Sound isn't my job. I'll help with the lighting, and I'm working on the display, but I'm not the sound guy. So I can't speak to it.

At this point I'm trying to only comment on things I'm actually involved in, where I feel like what I say carries some meaning.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from voodle:

All from the first Alien movie.
Because I'm not sure on the exact toys/layout on the play-field I've made these assuming it has 3 pop bumpers, 3 drop targets and a few ramps, a ball capture. They're 'rough' ideas that could be expanded on enormously and refined a lot but I only thrashed them out in 20 minutes.
Planet Landing Mode:
Ball capture then video mode starts. Use flipper buttons to fly ship left and right through rectangular boxes on DMD to land ship on Alien planet. Timed Mode for 15 seconds. Points awarded for each box flown through. Buttons fire left/right rockets. Difficulty is that the longer you hold the flipper button down the more thrust is added in that direction. It's accumulative.
Derelict Ship Mode:
Ramp on machine is same shape as curved derelict ship arm. Ramp has grey 3D plastic over it to look like ball is going in to derelict ship. Just like the movie there are 3 holes the search team enter. The ball needs to be locked 3 times before you can enter the ship. Locking 3 balls starts 3-ball multi ball. Jackpot is to hit a target which shows you the dead alien soldier. Super jackpot is lit if you lock a ball and hit the soldier again.
Egg Mode:
Timed mode. Start mode by dropping 3 targets in order. Pop bumpers are now active in egg mode. The goal is to get the pop bumper hits to a certain level and once achieved shoot a ramp shot for the egg to open. If you don't get the required hits the mode must be entered again by hitting the drop targets. Number of hits continues from where it left off. It doesn't reset to zero each time. Face hugger jumps on to your face. Big points.
Face Hugger Mode:
You're back in the ship and the hugger is around your neck. It starts to tighten.
Timed mode for 30 seconds. Shoot the left ramp then right ramp. The face hugger detaches and you can move to chest burst mode. If you don't get it, the mode resets. You need to re-light this mode. Not sure how yet.
Chest Burst Mode:
Play-field bash toy. Yes, it comes up out of the play-field so you can belt it with the ball. Not sure what starts the mode. It's timed and when it drops down again you have limited time to re-light that mode. Say a ramp shot, and it pops up again.
Acid Drop Mode:
Shoot right orbit to add one acid drop level. The acid drips through the floor for 5 levels. As the crew you want to inspect each each level to asses the damage. The first orbit is worth 100k (Level 1), then 250k (Level 2), then 500k (Level 3), then 750k (Level 4), then 1 million (Level 5). Each subsequent shot is worth 1 million. The levels reset to level 1 on the next ball.
Ash Robot Kill Mode:
Knock robots head off. Hit a fire extinguiser target 5 times to knock is head off. Nice. Then to get the real story of why the Nostromo was sent to the planet, two ramp shots in order for big points.
Vent Search Mode:
Left orbit is vent. Blue beep tracker vision and sound as alien is coming towards you. The 4 sets of vertical lights in the play-field could all turn blue and flash in sequence from bottom to top during this mode, increasing in speed as the alien gets closer. You have to escape the vent without being killed. Combo shot to escape and get big points. Shoot alien toy to light flame thrower for points then lock ball for points. If you don't, you don't get the points.
Crew Kill Mode:
Not sure but 7 crew members end up being 1 in the end so it's a 'count backwards' mode as they die off. Morbid huh? At each kill the cat should be there and hiss.
Self Destruct Mode:
Play-field pop-up. Hit it during 30 seconds to get points. If you reach a certain level, 2 ball multi-ball starts.
Jonesy Mode:
Dodge the alien to get the cat in its box. Loops to chase the cat but if you hit a drop target the cat gets further away. Get the cat, big points. It purrs.
Wizard Mode:
You're in the escape pod with the Alien in your suit. You try random gasses to move the Alien to the air lock before the airlock opens. Each shot is a gas:
Iodine Pentflouride
Isobutane
Methly Chloride
Nitrosyl Chloride
Methyl Bromide
A ramp, target, hole, could be a gas. When you hit them multi-ball starts. The goal is to open the airlock. During multi-ball you need to complete all ramp shots to eject the alien. When the alien is ejected from the air lock you enter 60 second times mode where all switches are worth big points. Ball auto save is on. Flippers become inactive at end of 60 seconds and balls drain. The end.
Some other ideas. The nice thing about modern games is that you have re-lights. So, if you lose multi-ball mode quickly, you can re-start it with a ramp shot for example. Or, multi-ball mode has ball save active for 30 seconds. I think these two features of a pinball are really good.
The other thing is that it has to have light and shade. I think that's why the cat is good to incorporate. It can't all be about doom and destruction. That's why funny call outs work well in other machines. But, in this theme you can't have that. The cat is there to add a 'human' touch to it.
So, that's my 2 cents worth of idea. We should all chip in!!

Some good ideas here, hope they are being sollicited. Who is doing the coding on Alien(s)?

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Some good ideas here, hope they are being sollicited.

Just to be clear, they're not, the rules are all written already. Have fun speculating, but we're not looking for ideas or anything.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

rules are all written already.

Rain Parade.jpg

#28 3 years ago

Better chest burster mode:
Actually, thinking about the Chest Burster Mode I wrote earlier, it would be better to copy what they did in Monster Bash for Dracula. The baby alien pops out the side of the play-field (from a human toy) and slides across the playfield backwards and forwards trying to run away and you have to hit it.

That would be fun.

Another new one. Flame thrower mode:
I'm also like the idea of having a single drop target, or Alien toy, blocking a ramp. In fact, have 2 aliens that pop out of the playfield that block the ramps. You have to knock one down to complete a ramp shot behind it. The ramp is the vent. It pops up again on the other side and again you knock it down for a ramp shot. When you ge both ramps it lights flame thrower mode (whatever that might be).

You could borrow a lot of ideas from Monster Bash and Medieval Madness. Monster Bash is a simple game but somehow really quite good.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Hope there's some good clock modes. I'm digging that aspect on Tspp, I would think either the PF display a digital countdown will be possible.

Yes, with the beacons flashing!

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Just to be clear, they're not, the rules are all written already. Have fun speculating, but we're not looking for ideas or anything.

I have to agree with this. There is a team and a vision. Everyone has an opinion on how the game should play, and that's good, but most times the opinions don't follow the vision of the game, the technology available, the modes planned. Lets see what they have first before arm chair quarterbacking

#31 3 years ago

I think what he said was "the rules are written already" I, for one, am thankful for that as it enables the project to move forward in the hands of the professionals. Imagine if a game was partially developed but was reliant on each and every idea from pinside dudes to be submitted prior to final release.

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I have to agree with this. There is a team and a vision. Everyone has an opinion on how the game should play, and that's good, but most times the opinions don't follow the vision of the game, the technology available, the modes planned. Lets see what they have first before arm chair quarterbacking

you beat me to it man! maybe all idea-men from this forum could get together and develop their own game. Never-Ending Journey, the pinball...

#33 3 years ago

Great plans for the code Aurich!

What are your thoughts on having multiple levels for each of the games 8 story missions?

Personally I think the multiple levels concept was done fairly well in ST. You guys could take it a level further and make the concept even more interesting.

As a home buyers a multiple level code feature adds a lot of value to a game in my opinion as it greatly increases the replay factor. It would be great to hear different callouts and even animations as you play a higher level of a mode.

I'm sure many of us played Goldeneye on the Nintendo 64. Remember how there was an agent, secret agent and double agent option for each mission? Each higher level would require more objectives to be completed. That was very addicting and I always wanted to beat the next level of a mission. That concept applied to a pinball machine would be a lot of fun as well.

#34 3 years ago

Aside from the "pick your film" start there won't be any similarities to Star Trek.

#35 3 years ago

Visual for the rules.

Alien_Shot_Map.jpg

#36 3 years ago

how many les being made? I am gonna put a deposit on one Monday as I am traveling today. they are asking 1000.00 BP as its about 1500.00 USD. I am very excited and looking forward to getting this.

#37 3 years ago

I'm looking forward to this reveal.

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

how many les being made? I am gonna put a deposit on one on Monday as I am traveling today. they are asking 1000.00 BP as its about 1500.00 USD. I am very excited and looking forward to getting this.

I believe the LEs are limited to 500.

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I believe the LEs are limited to 500.

does anyone know if you have to go with one trim or another to ensure the alien upgrade kit will look ok in the full throttle cabinet? someone mentioned it may not work well on the le

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

does anyone know if you have to go with one trim or another to ensure the alien upgrade kit will look ok in the Full Throttle cabinet? someone mentioned it may not work well on the le

The kit will work with any cab. The Black se cab would look best though.

#41 3 years ago

Sounds friggen awesome. I really like the direction this is going. I completely agree about the annoyance of basic info like score not being shown for a long period time and long, drawn out animations. ST takes forever to get through all the display screens, animations, etc. on ball locks. It has to tell you one piece of info per screen/animation. Sometimes it's 5-6 different things and you have to wait half a minute just to select another mode and keep the game moving. Complete buzz kill when the rest of the game is fast paced action. It's also extremely frustrating when you just want to see how well you scored on a mode or wait your score is. I get that Stern is limited with the out dated dmd display but it's 2015. Regular household appliances have better displays.

I also like how the modes are split into two groups with an overall theme of one movie, each with their own wizard mode. Much easier to understand and just sounds more fun than a bunch of random modes. Can't wait to see the playfield!

#42 3 years ago

Does anyone know who has the lowest LE number outside of Heighway employees?

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

?

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

does anyone know if you have to go with one trim or another to ensure the alien upgrade kit will look ok in the Full Throttle cabinet? someone mentioned it may not work well on the le

so the aliens pin will also be available as a kit form for full throttle also? if I order the le it is the complete pin and cabinet, correct? just wanted to clarify and thanks in advance.

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

so the aliens pin will also be available as a kit form for Full Throttle also? if I order the le it is the complete pin and cabinet, correct? just wanted to clarify and thanks in advance.

Yes LE is the complete pin with both sets of the art, green cabinet trim, shaker,beacon toppers and fibre optic ramp lighting . Alien will be available as a standard add on kit that you can drop into the full throttle cab. you will be able to add the shaker,beacons and fibre optic lighting as extras. If you want the LE art the only way you can get that is by ordering the LE. If your going to order the big screen for full throttle I think the standard Alien add on kit might be the way to go

Sure Aurich will sell you a poster of his fancy art

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

so the aliens pin will also be available as a kit form for Full Throttle also? if I order the le it is the complete pin and cabinet, correct? just wanted to clarify and thanks in advance.

As well as for the Standard Edition as for LE editons kits will become available.

In theory you can have one cabinet and as many kits as there are available as well in SE as LE form.

#47 3 years ago

Double post

#48 3 years ago

i dont necessarily want to spend the le $ on FT but I do want the best of the best with alien. I checked heighways website and dont see a breakdown of the differences between standard and le on FT. I do know that I do not want anything red on my alien trim though

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

i dont necessarily want to spend the le $ on FT but I do want the best of the best with alien. I checked heighways website and dont see a breakdown of the differences between standard and le on FT. I do know that I do not want anything red on my alien trim though

http://heighwaypinball.com/fullthrottle

I believe the black LE trim is also available on the black LE cabinet.

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

at this point, you may want to e-mail Andrew to see which #'s are left....I was early on the pre-order list, but picked a high # (212) as others have mentioned their choices on the Alien thread.....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Various Other Swag
Third Coast Pinball
$ 64.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 94.00
There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside