• 339 posts
  • 136 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PinballRulez
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 28 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

blew his stack (resized).jpg
Heighway (resized).jpg
blowing stack (resized).jpg
blew his stack (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
captain obvious (resized).jpg
highwaycab1.1 (resized).jpg
good-day-sir (resized).png
Alien on neck (resized).jpg
steve-martin-dirty-rotten-scoundrels (resized).jpg
b1f9885f4a9cb2bd47892dee106692638109c0b9 (resized).jpg
game_of_thrones_stern_pinball_7 (resized).jpg
LowerPlayingBoard (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wickerman2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

No graphics on the apron ? Really ?

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

This is exactly how I feel. The cabinet looks like a zizzle. It's horribly unattractive and the backbox being that thin looks cheap and toyish. Also the bezel holding the glass is just a no go for me.

I have a Full Throttle. Cabinet looks great--it looks like a pinball cabinet(!). In pinball lighting, those lighted side panels look really cool--can't believe other companies haven't done this. The bezel fades away once you own it and play it for a while...don't even notice it. As for the "thickness" of the backbox, that's something else that you don't even notice after you own it(especially straight on). Another cool thing about the backbox is that it comes off easily for transport/moving. You are just freaking out because it looks slightly "different". Honestly, I don't give any of those things a second thought.

You realize that once you own this cabinet and backbox you can use it to drop in an entirely new game at 60% cost of a full game? That reason alone should tamper any doubts about this design which is honestly only very slightly different than the usual pinball.

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

Of which no one is going to do. I know it's a selling point but it's just not going to gain any traction at all. Maybe 1 in 15 games sold will be a kit? MAYBE.

I'm 1.

I think you are way way way off base here....MAYBE

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

save space and money!!!

Agree. I'm out of room and this will allow me to keep blowing my money indefinitely

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from timelord_warner:

My wife will be happy it's a single cabinet and I'll get two games!

They have 3 other licenses in the works at least.

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

I don't get the negativity?

some sour grapes from sternites and jjp-fans maybe? Rooting against them? Heighway grabbed the spotlight before Expo? Who knows? Seems like more competition = better products/prices all around.

#74 2 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Alas.... No Ripley. Or any characters for that matter.
Could have just called this pin "Space Monster"

you know that...how? 100% Bullshit. Close word hole please.

#87 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Paxton callouts have to be in there, no? If not, it ain't Aliens
"Game over man, Game over!"

that was in the gameplay video I watched

#93 2 years ago
Quoted from bane:

on the cabinet and the field?

brainwashed in to thinking you need photoshopped actor pics all over...thanks stern

#106 2 years ago

The cabinet is the heighway cabinet that is used on all their games...clearly any whining over it looking different is coming from people that haven't been following the company. For Christsake it looks exactly like every other pinball cabinet except it has lighted side panels which look killer. The head is thinner...waaaaaaa..they should put a bunch of extra heavy wood up there that serves no structural purpose?

In a line of pins the only change is the thickness of the backbox. What are you nuts on about here?

#118 2 years ago

The cabinet is soooooo different from other cabs(stolen pic from Frolic)....wait, no it isn't...at all...hmmmm

AFT (resized).jpg

#128 2 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

The cabinet is a big part of what draws players in, it completes the experience.

For all those people/locations that have 1 pin with nothing else next to it--cab side art hardly ever gets seen and replacing it with lighted artwork that is swappable for more games per pin is a no brainer.

This is a taste argument, subtle and classy vs in your face stern-esque photoshop horseshit, no offense The game is intended to put you in the Alien universe as an actor, not you watching the Alien movie as a viewer--just a different vision. Plus has been stated, callouts, video clips, modes etc will feature movie specific sounds and LCD visuals.

#143 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Obviously, using less wood on the new thin backboxes is a greener choice.
Lighter cabs mean less fuel to ship - Greener.
Smaller boxes mean more boxes per container - Greener.
And for the end user, it probably means that the pin can fit in a smaller vehicle for transport - possibly Greener.
-
Time to let go of those 1950's heads folks, the future is here.

And there's nothing in the head...just the LCD or translight. No hardware. So you don't need the structure of 12 pounds of plywood or whatever. It comes off like an old EM as well. People get focused on the weirdest things.

#150 2 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

no more than two aliens on the playfield, no blood, no spaceships

I think I see the problem...you are looking at the game with your head up your ass, no offense. All that stuff you mentioned is there.

AlienPlay (resized).jpg

#162 2 years ago

wwwoooooo wwooooooo axe grinder alert wooooot woooot

#180 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

how does that work? Swapping out PFs too?

....yes. Check the pinside user " HEIGHWAYPINBALL " they have several threads...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-long-does-it-take-to-swap-a-heighway-pinball-game

#185 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I'll have to admit that I have been excited to see a really cool art package on cabinets and that does play into my purchase decision. However, it always ends up the same way for me, once I get the game in my game room, I pay little to no attention to the side art and focus on the playfield and back glass. It becomes very irrelevant for me personally once I own it, but its really exciting to see on the flyers. I think that with the lit up panels it may draw my attention back to the side art (though its smaller) at least while the game is on.

even more true when most of the people on here own 3+ machines so you hardly ever SEE the sides of a game.

#193 2 years ago

Did the Heighway cabinet just debut? Or has it existed for a couple years in the exact same shape and form and there was never any chance that it would be different since it's part of their game swap system which will allow you to have unlimited games in the same cabinet?

My Full Throttle seems rock solid, sturdy, just as "manly" as the not at all drastically different traditional cab which the ONLY difference is decals vs lighted side art.....what are you all on about?

What is different about the cabinet? The overall dimensions? No. The overall shape? No. It has lighted side panels that allow you to swap them out for different games. The head is removable and has no hardware in it...hence no need for extra material/weight. That's. The. Only. Change.

#197 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

There are many options of pins with great gameplay, yet limited space in my game room.

then you would be the perfect person if they made a sort of "universal" cabinet which you could then switch the entire game out in 5 minutes and have a new game to play....if only a company was doing something that innovative. I could foresee the company charging maybe 60% of the full price for one of these...let's call them "kits"....if only

#203 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Why would a standard cabinet design preclude a swappable system?

Artwork swaps on sides

#205 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

We're not talking about swapping out a pair of socks here - we're talking super fragile, highly likely to get scratched and an absolutely gigantic piece of hardware.

now you're just being silly. Buy, don't buy, but don't make silly arguments...socks...what's next a "cargument"?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-long-does-it-take-to-swap-a-heighway-pinball-game

AND, they are going to have a box specifically designed for storage...but you shouldn't get the game so don't listen to common sense.

#208 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Ok, why would cabinet design preclude a swappable playfield?

it wouldn't, but you wouldn't have art on the sides

#212 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I don't hear a lot of Pin2K owners griping that they can't easily change out the artwork.

ooooooloooo....k. great

#224 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I'm not sure I understand your sarcasm

my sarcasm comes from the apparent fact that you really seem to want to dispute the Heighway swap system or the cabinet or something... I don't know what Pin2k has to do with the price of potatoes here. They had a couple games that took forever to change the software. This is 5 minutes and then plug in a usb stick. Pin2k owners don't care about artwork. Great. OK. Whatever.

Is your "argument" that Pin2k is better? I have no idea what you are on about. Buy game. Don't buy game. I've got a Full Throttle and love it and will be grabbing a brand new widebody Alien game at 60% of full price. If you want to revive Pin2k, have at it...if you want to complain about another company innovating and competing, have at it. Good day sir. I said good day!

good-day-sir (resized).png

#230 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Indeed, there is no guarantee that Heighway will produce future titles that would be worth the nearly 4K it would cost to have something to swap.

riiiiight

#253 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Why respond with something so lazy and uninspired. Say what you think.

I "think" you are being a troll at this point...and probably all points previous actually...I already said good day.

#263 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm looking forward to the day when there are several Heighway titles/kits available, and people are selling/swapping/trading them by putting the playfield in the back of the car, and not having to lug a cabinet around and up/down stairs.

I have a dream that one day this pinball nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these lighter pinball playfields instead of full cabinets to be self-evident, that all pinball machines are not created equal."

#271 2 years ago

and we should start eliminating luxury parts like service rails...total boondoggle for the service rail lobby

#279 2 years ago

Scottish variant. Duh.

PS grammar police and carguments are grounds for thread eject.

#322 2 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

So what's the status of this game? I thought there would be all sorts of hype on this since the party was Thursday night. Has anyone played or seen this game yet?

Alien thread has lots of info

#335 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

People report observations all of the time. Not all are positive as you seem to wish here.

The problem is you have a track record of saying some really specific, foolish, apparently 100% false things about Heighway in particular. You CLEARLY have some grudge against them/him. It's great that people take the time to report at Expo, but you have an ax to grind with Heighway and I wouldn't take anything you say about them at face value.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
9,850 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Goteborg
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wickerman2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside