pasted_image (resized).png
good-day-sir (resized).png
Alien on neck (resized).jpg
steve-martin-dirty-rotten-scoundrels (resized).jpg
b1f9885f4a9cb2bd47892dee106692638109c0b9 (resized).jpg
game_of_thrones_stern_pinball_7 (resized).jpg
LowerPlayingBoard (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#120 7 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

While I appreciate Heighway's involvement in pinball I just can't get passed the damn cabinet. I hate that you don't utilizes the entire cabinet it just seems unfinished. Increasing that decal/display/marquee area would really help.

Who cares? I see what ur saying but the cabinet is still more appealing than anything out there, its illuminated and the fact that those of us with limited space can now buy multiple games and easily switch them around is another great design element, does the fact that the side art which is so rarely seen in most cases should be larger matter at all? No.

#123 7 years ago
Quoted from SHOOTTHEPYRAMID:

im goin into rant mode:

Spot on Sir. I enjoyed reading that rant very much.

#135 7 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

The cabinet is a big part of what draws players in, it completes the experience.

It does? I think a 27" display with Aliens as the theme is enough of an attention grabber, I've never been prompted to play a pin because of the cab.

#161 7 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

It's unfortunate that artistic creative expression wasn't an option. That's normally the way it goes with licenses.

Honestly with this theme kinda like ST and really anything Sci Fi the art is better simple, I'd be ok with just a space background, I love what Aurich has done with it but the meat and potato's for Aliens is in the gameplay and sound, some of the pins out there with amazing art play like shit, what would any pinhead prefer, gameplay or good art and nice cabinet, foolishness, I wouldn't want drawn pictures of the cast or an overly cluttered colorful playfield trying to cram everything in there anyway. Looks great and its going to be a tough 4 days waiting to see it flip.

#184 7 years ago

Wow, cabinets, plungers and art the most important factors for me when I play a pin by far, sound and gameplay not so much.

Yeah TH artwork is great but the gameplay isn't there at all for me anyway, who buys a game based on the artwork, I personally like it and couldn't be more happy it isn't cartoon like depictions of the cast with over use of colors, it would ruin the theme. I think this might be one of the best playing pins ever and, well.........

LowerPlayingBoard (resized).jpgLowerPlayingBoard (resized).jpg

#210 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I appreciate the swap approach but cmon now - it's completely not practical (hold on - let me just move my gigantic super fragile PF with all the components on it to the side while I swap in another). In actuality it might actually cost you money considering it's likely to get damaged. We're not talking about swapping out a pair of socks here - we're talking super fragile, highly likely to get scratched and an absolutely gigantic piece of hardware. I love options so sure but don't try to sell this like it would be a huge mistake if we don't take advantage of it.

What? If you are challenged to the point that there is a major concern of scratching or not being able to handle the removed playfield then please don't buy this design and maybe you should cork all ur forks as well, to be safe.

steve-martin-dirty-rotten-scoundrels (resized).jpgsteve-martin-dirty-rotten-scoundrels (resized).jpg

#248 7 years ago

Sometimes I get so frustrated with the old school purists and their bullshit, I now have the ability to own multiple games with one cab and a very easy system to change them at will, how could anyone dislike this, cab art? I think Stern and all manufactures should adopt this method, cheaper games, cheaper shipping and so much easier to swap with other people or the ability to pick up new games without needing to take someone or borrow a truck etc.

#286 7 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

you buy the Alien cabinet and have the beacons, will the beacons ever be coded for use in either Full Throttle or in future games?

I think it would be more the case that because you can add beacons to the standard Alien future games will have different toppers than can be added, I don't think the beacons have much place in FTH but I'm looking forward to seeing what else could take there place down the line.

#338 7 years ago

Could the mods please eject Mr.68 from this thread, if I say what I'd like to then I'll be ejected for sure, what r u trying to achieve? its seems ur not interested in purchasing this pin and its all negative so why not leave? no one is agreeing with you yet you keep going.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
9,999 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-revealed-flyer-and-pics?tu=hazoff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.