pasted_image (resized).png
good-day-sir (resized).png
Alien on neck (resized).jpg
steve-martin-dirty-rotten-scoundrels (resized).jpg
b1f9885f4a9cb2bd47892dee106692638109c0b9 (resized).jpg
game_of_thrones_stern_pinball_7 (resized).jpg
LowerPlayingBoard (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#109 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't know, the cabinets look like mid 80s Ballys, and the head looks like vacation America.

You're only making me love this game more.

#113 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

he also directed the voice of Mother, who handles all the non-movie callouts.

That sounds like an ingenious and elegant solution to not wanting to pay actors for custom voice work. Looking forward to playing and getting the whole lights, sound, and gameplay experience.

#174 7 years ago

The only criticism I have for the playfield is the screen integration into the art. I'm not sure what would have been better but that's why I don't do that for a living. Maybe it would have been best to take out those planets instead of cut half of them out because of the screen. That's a small nitpick though and the playfield taken as a whole with the alien head, airlock, and alien eggs looks great.

I'm looking forward to hearing the sound package and seeing the lights and playing the game. The layout reminds me of Black Rose at first glance with some added shots because of the wide body. I like that lower left area.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#215 7 years ago

I think it was Zampinator that had the idea of storing your playfields on the wall with a connector that makes the lights turn on. That would be pretty...pretty cool. Maybe get some generic art for the backbox and sides or don't even worry about swapping it out unless for shows or location.

I hope Heighway can get moving on releasing multiple games. I want a wall full of playfields.

#227 7 years ago
Quoted from MarcelG:

The layout looks great, and I'm sure the sound package from Mr. Thiel will truly rock like everything else he does.
My only complaint is the window in the middle for the active LCD screen. Why couldn't the artwork by more integrated with it? It's just a rectangle. I'm sure the artist had to deal with license constraints, but nothing could have been done about this ?

I had the same complaint but it was a small complaint. I wonder if the standard score screen would maybe have the bottom half of the planet in the background so it does look more integrated with the machine on. Similar to what Captain Nemo had.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#293 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

golden age of the game, the 1950s

I thought the golden age was the late 70s after New York legalized pinball and there were at least 10 manufacturers making an average of 7 new pins a month.

#298 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

In the 70's? It was Williams, Bally, Gottlieb, Stern, and Atari. Capcom was 90's. Who am I missing?
And 7 titles a month? Really?
edit/add: Forgot about Game Plan but they only made about a dozen games in total.

I just picked a year at random and looked at '77. Manufacturers who made a game that year: Allied Leisure, Gottlieb, Bally, Zaccaria, Chicago Coin/Stern, Williams, Sonic, Sega, Recel, Playmatic, Atari, Segasa, Interflip, Nordamatic, and a few other home pin makers and smaller manufacturers.

Here are the number of games that came out each month starting in Jan.: 2,9,4,10,6,10,6,6,8,5,8,6 plus there are 39 games listed that don't specify a month for a total of 119 games in the year which averages 9.9 games a month. If you don't count the 39 games, the average is 6.67 games a month.

Sorry I love numbers. Most people think the golden age was the 90s but the 70s was the time to be making pins and putting them on route. I'd love to hear the numbers of what operators were making in those days compared to other time periods.

This bubble burst sometime in '82 or '83. '82 was the last year for a game to sell 10k units for this time period. Atari and Stern went out of business and probably some others I don't know about. Bally and Gottlieb changed their names to Bally Midway and Mylstar signifying a merger or buyout maybe. '83 averaged about 3 new games a month.

#301 7 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

ok so im going to claim that the golden age was the 30s
I picked 1936
~ 30 Manufacturers made games that year
13 of which made 7 games or more.
9 made more than 15 games
no Alien games were produced that year
I do like my prewars
Ill bet yall are glad there was innovation now! heheh
--Jeff

Was that before New York outlawed pinballs? A ton of those are gambling machines which makes me wonder if some are considered bingos. I also wonder about production numbers. If a lot of those games were sold in the hundreds that doesn't compare to the 70s when there were multiple games selling in 5 digits. I did like the Galloping Plugs artwork. Go Pickle Puss!pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#321 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Its dead and unplayable and they set it out in the exhibitor room in that condition. No power, nothing. Andrew came in, blew his stack and they quickly hauled it away. I suppose it might return if they can get it repaired.

Wow

This statement is all kinds of wrong.

#327 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNemo:

Anyone in on this game should hold onto their money until a final prototypes is done.

You're a little crazy but that should be common sense for buying a game from anybody.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
9,999 (OBO)
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-revealed-flyer-and-pics?tu=dmbjunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.