pasted_image (resized).png
good-day-sir (resized).png
Alien on neck (resized).jpg
steve-martin-dirty-rotten-scoundrels (resized).jpg
b1f9885f4a9cb2bd47892dee106692638109c0b9 (resized).jpg
game_of_thrones_stern_pinball_7 (resized).jpg
LowerPlayingBoard (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#178 7 years ago

very dissappointed. I know everyone is saying it's just a flyer, wait until you see, etc. but after seeing the ghostbusters flyer
I knew that game looked great. I def will give this game a chance but the cab looks like a toy, the PF seems very dull - it all just
seems underwhelming. I CAN BE TOTALLY WRONG - just saying based on first impressions.

I do really like the idea of the swapping kits though - how does that work? Swapping out PFs too?

#190 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I thought these were toys?? I mean there is no real function to them aside from playing a game. I see the HP cabinet as more of an evolution in design for pinball machines. Illuminated side panels, a smaller form factor head that is more accommodating to a modern LCD display vs reels and circuit boards that no longer exist there, a modular design that can have multiple games and art swapped out. It's refreshing that a company is leading the way on this and not just accepting that it has to be the same as cabinets from decades before. I'll have to admit that I have been excited to see a really cool art package on cabinets and that does play into my purchase decision. However, it always ends up the same way for me, once I get the game in my game room, I pay little to no attention to the side art and focus on the playfield and back glass. It becomes very irrelevant for me personally once I own it, but its really exciting to see on the flyers. I think that with the lit up panels it may draw my attention back to the side art (though its smaller) at least while the game is on. I guess I'll find out soon.

I enjoy the pinball gameplay but I also love the premium look of these things. Art, presentation - these are still factors in these games and although gameplay is king - this cabinet and look just comes off as cheap (to me). For 6k+ I am disappointed in what I'm seeing. It looks incredibly uninspiring and it does take away from the total package (IMO). Who knows how it will play and ultimately that will be the deciding factor but a missed opp in my mind and to overlook that completely seems misguided although again IMO.

#192 7 years ago

I have and I agree - it didn't come off as bad as this one looks. EDIT - looked at FT again and that style of cab is just not what I'm looking for. I like the idea of changing out tables but taking out the PF, storing it somewhere - I feel like it's just going to get damaged. Not sure how practical it is but good on them for thinking of it.

For some reason (it might just be the pic) this looks cheap. That side art? seriously? Also - I hear comments like hand drawn PF wasn't an option, etc well I wouldn't care if this was a cheaper pin (less than 5) but it's 6200 and that's base right? It's not like this is a discounted pin.

If this was a stern produced pin - these forums would be on fire right now. Literally server crashing.

#199 7 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Actually Andrew did say recently he would seriously consider offering a traditional cabinet so all the posters that are saying that's what they would rather have are just simply giving him the data he needs to make that option a possibility.
So the cabinet whiners could get and pay for what they say they want despite the actual lunacy of bypassing the swap out system.
Only later might they realize what kind of decision they made when 3 or 4 cool titles follow and the path they chose leaves them regretful in a financial sense.

I appreciate the swap approach but cmon now - it's completely not practical (hold on - let me just move my gigantic super fragile PF with all the components on it to the side while I swap in another). In actuality it might actually cost you money considering it's likely to get damaged. We're not talking about swapping out a pair of socks here - we're talking super fragile, highly likely to get scratched and an absolutely gigantic piece of hardware. I love options so sure but don't try to sell this like it would be a huge mistake if we don't take advantage of it.

#211 7 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Watch the swap out video. It's pretty easy to do. And that's with one guy doing it. The playfield has huge rails and is built like a tank. Actually it's designed for this purpose if you haven't been paying attention.
I get it, you're used to some fragile piece of equipment but this is a commercial piece of hardware made to work this way. If you're so scared though you could get a helper when you swap. Problem solved?

I saw the video - sorry I'm not drinking the kool aid guys but it's not the hardware that enables the ability to take out the PF I'm worried about. It's the PF itself I would be worrying about damaging. Again - I'm not saying it's a dumb idea or people who buy it are dumb - so relax. I just think it's impractical and can lead to damage. I applaud them for attempting to innovate though -

#217 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

No koolaid, just some innovative engineering which will benefit people w limited space, but want multiple titles. My AlienLE will stay as one, but Andrew has several other titles in the works, and I'm all about saving space AND money....I'm very relaxed, actually......

I hear you - I do like the idea and will keep an open mind until this thing gets out in the wild...

#243 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

There was a rumor of attachable straps so you could wear your playfield as a fashion accessory while about town. Is this happening?

Hilarious!

#245 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You have seen how it easy it is, right? I have no idea if it will take off, but it's obviously not hard to do. (Edit lol too slow)
» YouTube video

Yes I did. It is incredibly clear that the process of doing this shouldn't take too much time. My concern is not timing but damage.

Ultimately it's clear this swap option is resulting in the cabinet looking worse than standard. Not sure if that option is worth the current compromise. Can't decide before actually seeing and playing it. Again I applaud the fact we're even talking about this as an option.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-revealed-flyer-and-pics?tu=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.