pasted_image (resized).png
good-day-sir (resized).png
Alien on neck (resized).jpg
steve-martin-dirty-rotten-scoundrels (resized).jpg
b1f9885f4a9cb2bd47892dee106692638109c0b9 (resized).jpg
game_of_thrones_stern_pinball_7 (resized).jpg
LowerPlayingBoard (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alveolus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#196 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Did the Heighway cabinet just debut? Or has it existed for a couple years in the exact same shape and form and there was never any chance that it would be different since it's part of their game swap system which will allow you to have unlimited games in the same cabinet?
My Full Throttle seems rock solid, sturdy, just as "manly" as the not at all drastically different traditional cab which the ONLY difference is decals vs lighted side art.....what are you all on about?
What is different about the cabinet? The overall dimensions? No. The overall shape? No. It has lighted side panels that allow you to swap them out for different games. The head is removable and has no hardware in it...hence no need for extra material/weight. That's. The. Only. Change.

People care now because they care about Alien.

There are many options of pins with great gameplay, yet limited space in my game room. Also, my pins are off more than they are on yet I can still enjoy them for the works of are that they are. So, aesthetics are important to me in making a 6K purchase as I'm sure is the case with others.

The Heighway cabinet design is clunky and unappealing. The awkward configuration of the side cabinet artwork and large amount of blank space exacerbate the lack of appeal. (The P3 solution is much better IMO)

I would be much more likely to purchase an Alien pin with a standard cabinet with full cabinet artwork.

#202 7 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Actually Andrew did say recently he would seriously consider offering a traditional cabinet so all the people posting that are saying that's what they would rather have are just simply giving him the data he needs to make that option a possibility.
So the cabinet whiners could get and pay for what they say they want despite the actual lunacy of bypassing the swap out system.
Only later might they realize what kind of decision they made when 3 or 4 cool titles follow and the path they chose leaves them regretful in a financial sense.

Why would a standard cabinet design preclude a swappable system?

#206 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Artwork swaps on sides

Ok, why would cabinet design preclude a swappable playfield?

#209 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

it wouldn't, but you wouldn't have art on the sides

I don't hear a lot of Pin2K owners griping that they can't easily change out the artwork.

#218 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

ooooooloooo....k. great

I'm not sure I understand your sarcasm. Pin2K accomplishes the same thing ( though more tedious if you don't have Nucore) without bastardizing the cabinet. (I know, I know, the P2K cabinet is a bit of a monstrosity to begin with, but the principle remains)

#226 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

my sarcasm comes from the apparent fact that you really seem to want to dispute the Heighway swap system or the cabinet or something... I don't know what Pin2k has to do with the price of potatoes here. They had a couple games that took forever to change the software. This is 5 minutes and then plug in a usb stick. Pin2k owners don't care about artwork. Great. OK. Whatever.
Is your "argument" that Pin2k is better? I have no idea what you are on about. Buy game. Don't buy game. I've got a Full Throttle and love it and will be grabbing a brand new widebody Alien game at 60% of full price. If you want to revive Pin2k, have at it...if you want to complain about another company innovating and competing, have at it. Good day sir. I said good day!

Ok. I was just saying that some of us would rather have a standard-style cabinet covered in kick-ass alien artwork over a swappable and clunky, barren looking one. Indeed, there is no guarantee that Heighway will produce future titles that would be worth the nearly 4K it would cost to have something to swap.

I'm glad you love your FT, btw.

#233 7 years ago

Again with the sarcasm. Why respond with something so lazy and uninspired. Say what you think.

#251 7 years ago
Quoted from zeddex:

P2K was never meant to 'swap' back and forth at will. It was designed to easily upgrade to a new game. Once per new kit. Hence the cabinets were covered with supplied permanent decals to match the new game at time of upgrade0

Incorrect. Skip to 8:20.

#254 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I "think" you are being a troll at this point...and probably all points previous actually...I already said good day.

Not at all. I truly care about aesthetics, and Alien has unbelievable potential that I see as being wasted.

But I see I am arguing to a brick wall and only creating more noise:signal at this point so I will withdraw.

Good day.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alveolus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-revealed-flyer-and-pics?tu=alveolus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.