• 339 posts
  • 136 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PinballRulez
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 28 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

blew his stack (resized).jpg
Heighway (resized).jpg
blowing stack (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
captain obvious (resized).jpg
highwaycab1.1 (resized).jpg
good-day-sir (resized).png
Alien on neck (resized).jpg
steve-martin-dirty-rotten-scoundrels (resized).jpg
b1f9885f4a9cb2bd47892dee106692638109c0b9 (resized).jpg
game_of_thrones_stern_pinball_7 (resized).jpg
LowerPlayingBoard (resized).jpg

There are 339 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
#301 2 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

ok so im going to claim that the golden age was the 30s
I picked 1936
~ 30 Manufacturers made games that year
13 of which made 7 games or more.
9 made more than 15 games
no Alien games were produced that year
I do like my prewars
Ill bet yall are glad there was innovation now! heheh
--Jeff

Was that before New York outlawed pinballs? A ton of those are gambling machines which makes me wonder if some are considered bingos. I also wonder about production numbers. If a lot of those games were sold in the hundreds that doesn't compare to the 70s when there were multiple games selling in 5 digits. I did like the Galloping Plugs artwork. Go Pickle Puss!pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#302 2 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Games from the 90's tended to have more rule/depth/software and required more time and effort to create

I don't know about that. This project took a lot of time and effort.

#303 2 years ago

What thread is this? I suddenly forgot

#304 2 years ago

No offense to the artist, and I know this was not possible, but this was a job for H.R. Giger.

#305 2 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

No offense to the artist, and I know this was not possible, but this was a job for H.R. Giger.

Agree - if this was a stern machine - the haters would be slinging the crap

#306 2 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

It would take years to find all the hidden female anatomical parts in the artwork then.

#307 2 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

It would have wound up a totally different game if that were the case.

I, for one, am really liking the sound of their art and game design direction for this title. The player is Ripley and you're taken through experiences of both films in first-person. I can't imagine achieving anywhere near the same level of immersion and suspense if the game were simply 'Alien-themed'.

Giger-esque design represents only a fraction of the Alien(s) universe. That style dictating the entire art direction for the game would make it seriously deficient and wholly undercapitalising on the content of both films.

#308 2 years ago

So what's the status of this game? I thought there would be all sorts of hype on this since the party was Thursday night. Has anyone played or seen this game yet?

#309 2 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

So what's the status of this game? I thought there would be all sorts of hype on this since the party was Thursday night. Has anyone played or seen this game yet?

Its dead and unplayable and they set it out in the exhibitor room in that condition. No power, nothing. Andrew came in, blew his stack and they quickly hauled it away. I suppose it might return if they can get it repaired.

#310 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Its dead and unplayable and they set it out in the exhibitor room in that condition. No power, nothing. Andrew came in, blew his stack and they quickly hauled it away. I suppose it might return if they can get it repaired.

Seriously? Or is this a joke?

#311 2 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/162

#312 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

blew his stack

which one?

blowing stack (resized).jpg

#313 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I dunno about it being on the floor. They brought 2 machines which were both playable last night.

-Jeff

#314 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I'm serious. I was just there 10 minutes ago and it still hasn't returned. The Full Throttle is there all by itself.

If you look at the reflection in the backglass, you will see me taking the picture and Andrew Heighway right next to me before having it hauled away.

Heighway (resized).jpg

#315 2 years ago

Do you have one where you're holding up today's newspaper?

#316 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Ouch. So in terms of what's actually happening at Expo (i.e, not counting the Alien release video), that might be an even bigger fail than the Dialed In reveal.

#317 2 years ago

Plays better when it's off.

#318 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I normally avoid replying to you because of your normal comments about my company.

But the fact is that you're talking rubbish. Not working? It wasn't plugged in.

Me blowing my stack? More rubbish.

The real reason it left is that it was about to be filmed for a major documentary - and the film makers wanted it in a quiet room.

People have been playing BOTH games in a private room for the last few hours once filming stopped.

#319 2 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

I normally avoid replying to you because of your normal comments about my company.
The real reason it left is that it was about to be filmed for a major documentary - and the film makers wanted it in a quiet room.
People have been playing BOTH games in a private room for the last few hours once filming stopped.

Great news, I was skeptical. Congrats on an impressive reveal!

#320 2 years ago

Me blowing my stack

#321 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Wow

This statement is all kinds of wrong.

#322 2 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Alien thread has lots of info

#323 2 years ago

I just ran into Andrew and he confirmed that one of the games will be on the floor tomorrow for play

#324 2 years ago

Well played sir

#325 2 years ago

I played it twice. As was said there were two running in a meeting room. Some features were out on the one I played but guts were there and looked and sounded good.

<End Of Line>

#326 2 years ago

What major documentary? Truth is Andrew promised this game in November and when his own US Team got up on stage today they all admitted they had never had a physical game to work with yet. They even said the US team won't get the the game for 2 weeks. That means the first time the US team will get the game to work on is in November. I just can't believe the fanboys can't accept this fact. A final prototype is not happening in 2016.

Anyone in on this game should hold onto their money until a final prototypes is done. Andrew and team cobbled together what they showed at Expo and it showed. No Alien pinball is gonna ship in 2016. I'd bet my house on that. Down vote me fanboys but you know it's true.

#327 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNemo:

Anyone in on this game should hold onto their money until a final prototypes is done.

You're a little crazy but that should be common sense for buying a game from anybody.

#328 2 years ago
Quoted from bane:

Well played sir

Respectfully disagree. Owners and representatives of pinball companies should not play into the hand of Pinside.

I could sift the Alien thread for instance and uncover many untruths & contradictions

#329 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

If you look at the reflection in the backglass, you will see...

Wow, Alien looks really cool when it's powered off.

Anyone worried that the large LCD would detract from the look of the game when it's off has nothing to worry about.

#330 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Respectfully disagree. Owners and representatives of pinball companies should not play into the hand of Pinside.
I could sift the Alien thread for instance and uncover many untruths & contradictions

Good for you, welcome to the real world.
Close your eyes and it will be perfect.

#331 2 years ago

This place is getting so boring

People with axes to grind all day every day. My guess is Ewan, Janos or Romaine

#332 2 years ago

Everybody in the Exhibit Hall was talking about the dead machine you wheeled in and left on the floor. People alerted me to it and that's how I found out. And you were not a happy camper when I took that picture.

If I'm mistaken, I apologize. But it was a tactical error on your part to bring the machine in, leave it unattended, seemingly dead and then later haul it away.

#333 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Everybody in the Exhibit Hall was talking about the dead machine you wheeled in and left on the floor. People alerted me to it and that's how I found out. And you were not a happy camper when I took that picture.
If I'm mistaken, I apologize. But it was a tactical error on your part to bring the machine in, leave it unattended, seemingly dead and then later haul it away.

Try to bring some positive things to this thread like how you enjoyed the Expo. That is what most people would like to hear.

#334 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Try to bring some positive things to this thread like how you enjoyed the Expo. That is what most people would like to hear.

I am enjoying Expo very much. And it is one of the most unusual Expos I've ever attended. Every manufacture has made at least one misstep somewhere along the way.

Read some of the other Pinside threads by attendees. People report observations all of the time. Not all are positive as you seem to wish here.

Pinball News reported they were banned from the Stern factory tour for asking questions they objected to. Should that not have been reported because it was negative?

http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/expo2016/index.html

#335 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

People report observations all of the time. Not all are positive as you seem to wish here.

The problem is you have a track record of saying some really specific, foolish, apparently 100% false things about Heighway in particular. You CLEARLY have some grudge against them/him. It's great that people take the time to report at Expo, but you have an ax to grind with Heighway and I wouldn't take anything you say about them at face value.

#336 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Pinball News reported they were banned from the Stern factory tour for asking questions they objected to. Should that not have been reported because it was negative?
http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/expo2016/index.html

It was obvious what happened before Expo started ... original headline on some BM '66 reportage was "Holy cash grab, Batman!?"

They then removed it several days later and renamed it, also removing much of the commentary on price, the way it was divulged and marketed, and any criticism.

I'm not sure what's worse, Stern's Apple-like treatment of the little bit of press that we do enjoy in pinball, or the press bowing to Stern (and still getting shut out any way).

#337 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm serious. I was just there 10 minutes ago and it still hasn't returned. The Full Throttle is there all by itself.
If you look at the reflection in the backglass, you will see me taking the picture and Andrew Heighway right next to me before having it hauled away.

Wow, from the look of you, no wonder Aurich ran at the sight of you!

#338 2 years ago

Could the mods please eject Mr.68 from this thread, if I say what I'd like to then I'll be ejected for sure, what r u trying to achieve? its seems ur not interested in purchasing this pin and its all negative so why not leave? no one is agreeing with you yet you keep going.

#339 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Could the mods please eject Mr.68 from this thread, if I say what I'd like to then I'll be ejected for sure, what r u trying to achieve? its seems ur not interested in purchasing this pin and its all negative so why not leave? no one is agreeing with you yet you keep going.

He has already been blocked from the Heighway subforum. You can see that at the red arrow in his posts

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
16,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nidderau, HE
$ 50.00
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Goteborg
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 339 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside