pasted_image (resized).png
good-day-sir (resized).png
Alien on neck (resized).jpg
steve-martin-dirty-rotten-scoundrels (resized).jpg
b1f9885f4a9cb2bd47892dee106692638109c0b9 (resized).jpg
game_of_thrones_stern_pinball_7 (resized).jpg
LowerPlayingBoard (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

There are 339 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 7 years ago

For those that don't want to go through the 7k posts of speculation. Here's the pics and release info.

#2 7 years ago

IMG_0987 (resized).JPGIMG_0987 (resized).JPG

#3 7 years ago

Oh, wow. Looks pretty good!

#4 7 years ago

Copied from bemmett

Further to our email at the beginning of September, we are pleased to inform you that we have received approval from 20th Century Fox and it is full steam ahead for the commencement of Alien Pinball production!
As promised, please find attached the official game flyer. On Thursday 13th October 2016 at 9.15pm US CENTRAL time our new website will go live: http://www.heighwaypinball.com Here you will be able to see our brand new promo video for Alien Pinball, plus many high resolution photos of every angle of the game.
Payment
As previously advised and as per our payment terms, we now request you make your next payment; this can be as per the installment agreement or if you wish you can pay in full.
To pay the next installment which is 50% of the order, the amount is $ 3925.00
However if you wish to pay in full, this would be $ 6225.00, giving a discount of $ 125.00
Neither of the above payments includes shipping costs or optional extras.
Shipping upgrades can be purchased along with optional extras from our new website at 9.15pm US CENTRAL time on Thursday 13th October 2016 when it goes live.
**REMOVED PERSONAL PAYMENT INFO**
Optional Extras
Below is a list of upgrade options. Optional extras can be purchased up to one week prior to shipping of your game, and can be purchased online from 9.15pm on Thursday 13th October 2016 (prices will be listed on our website)
27” backbox LCD
Fibre Optic Lighting package
Blade EL Lighting system
Shaker Motor
Amber Rotating Beacon Topper
Non-reflective glass
Polished chrome trim package
Door to door shipping by Airfreight (7-10 days as opposed to 4-8weeks by sea)
Coin mechanism – single
Coin mechanism – double
+ more to follow
If you have any questions, or require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Kind regards
Heighway Pinball, Unit 35 Rassau Industrial Estate, Ebbw Vale, NP23 5SD United Kingdom.

#7 7 years ago

Not yet - but they will follow

#9 7 years ago

After Zooming in, and looking around, my first impressions to share is Aurichs art looks Fantastic!

#10 7 years ago
#11 7 years ago

AWESOME!! Really looks like a fun shooting game, and I definitely want one now.

The playfield display looks very much like an after thought still though. I was hoping for better integration in Alien after seeing Full Throttle.

Very much looking forward to giving it a go a bit at Expo!!!

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://www.LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#12 7 years ago

Looks killer!!! love the shots. That magnet under the pops. does it start a mode, let go of the ball and you have 3 good shots to chose from? maybe a forth if you can get in the toy? I see the right upper ramp now a 5th. look forward to expo even more now!

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

The playfield display looks very much like an after thought still though.

I agree, although due to the design it could still work and isn't just like smacked on top of a whole bunch of artwork (rather an empty space), it would be nice to possibly see a little more integration, like a fitting border of some sorts. Not all that bad though without, just definitely could use something in that area.

#14 7 years ago

STUNNING!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#15 7 years ago

Heighway should be proud. that's a awesome looking table. boy, did i log in at the right time

#16 7 years ago

While I appreciate Heighway's involvement in pinball I just can't get passed the damn cabinet. I hate that you don't utilizes the entire cabinet it just seems unfinished. Increasing that decal/display/marquee area would really help. I can't fault you guys on the layout and Aurich's work. I want to play one of these not sure I would own one.

Untitled-1 (resized).pngUntitled-1 (resized).png

#17 7 years ago

Looks great, exactly what I was hoping for, nice work guys.

#18 7 years ago

Looks great guys. What an exciting time in pinball. Can't wait to see everything next week.

#19 7 years ago

I dig the rotating topper lights. Perfect throwback to Alien.

#20 7 years ago

The layout reminds me of STTNG a lot!!

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

AWESOME!! Really looks like a fun shooting game, and I definitely want one now.
The playfield display looks very much like an after thought still though. I was hoping for better integration in Alien after seeing Full Throttle.
Very much looking forward to giving it a go a bit at Expo!!!
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://www.LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

Reserve judgement until you see what it actually displays during play, my understanding is that it will show the motion tracker during part of the game and that should be frickin awesome!

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

While I appreciate Heighway's involvement in pinball I just can't get passed the damn cabinet. I hate that you don't utilizes the entire cabinet it just seems unfinished. Increasing that decal area would really help. I can't fault you guys on the layout and Aurich's work. I want to play one of these not sure I would own one.

You know it's that way so that you can swap games in the same cabinet, right?

#23 7 years ago

Andrew >>> will 2 slot coin door WITH slot for DBV be available?

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

No graphics on the apron ? Really ?

#25 7 years ago

While I appreciate Heighway's involvement in pinball I just can't get passed the damn cabinet. I hate that you don't utilizes the entire cabinet it just seems unfinished. Increasing that decal area would really help. I can't fault you guys on the layout and Aurich's work. I want to play one of these not sure I would own one.

In your illustration I think the cabinet could possibly lose a lot of structural integrity with the large cutouts, letting the cab twist & flex too much...

#26 7 years ago

Play field colors and art remind me of Sega games.. X files, star ship troopers... I'm sure it will be fun to play though

#27 7 years ago

It's not a decal. It's a light up giant plexi, and looks pretty rad in person. It can't go up higher...the wood needs to be there so the playfield has something to attach to.

#28 7 years ago

This is exactly how I feel. The cabinet looks like a zizzle. It's horribly unattractive and the backbox being that thin looks cheap and toyish. Also the bezel holding the glass is just a no go for me.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Of which no one is going to do. I know it's a selling point but it's just not going to gain any traction at all. Maybe 1 in 15 games sold will be a kit? MAYBE.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Yes but why not expand the area? I'm sure there are other ways to make that happen to get a more polished look instead of a paint by number cabinet. I don't want to shit in heighway's cereal but just mentioning why I am not a potential buyer

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

Of which no one is going to do. I know it's a selling point but it's just not going to gain any traction at all. Maybe 1 in 15 games sold will be a kit? MAYBE.

I am looking at a Kit.

I think you are right for the short term but very wrong in the long term.
The game swap in is super easy, a fraciton of the cost of the whole game, and many of us have limited space. I think thre is a good chance that ALien sells well and then we see lots of people grabbing Full T as a kit for 60% of the cost of a whole game.

When the options for NIB games are 5k for a stern pro or ~3600 for a kit aliens. That is a pretty easy decision.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

This is exactly how I feel. The cabinet looks like a zizzle. It's horribly unattractive and the backbox being that thin looks cheap and toyish. Also the bezel holding the glass is just a no go for me.

I have a Full Throttle. Cabinet looks great--it looks like a pinball cabinet(!). In pinball lighting, those lighted side panels look really cool--can't believe other companies haven't done this. The bezel fades away once you own it and play it for a while...don't even notice it. As for the "thickness" of the backbox, that's something else that you don't even notice after you own it(especially straight on). Another cool thing about the backbox is that it comes off easily for transport/moving. You are just freaking out because it looks slightly "different". Honestly, I don't give any of those things a second thought.

You realize that once you own this cabinet and backbox you can use it to drop in an entirely new game at 60% cost of a full game? That reason alone should tamper any doubts about this design which is honestly only very slightly different than the usual pinball.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

I'm 1.

I think you are way way way off base here....MAYBE

#35 7 years ago

That's the way to steal the thunder before the show. Unless any other breaking news is leaked about the other reveals I have a feeling this is all that will be talked about.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

If Heighway starts to get on a roll and releases a few titles I find interesting, "hell yes!" I'm gonna be buying kits to save space and money!!!

#37 7 years ago

These pics seal the deal. My first NIB will be an Alien with a FT kit sometime after. My wife will be happy it's a single cabinet and I'll get two games!

Really want to see the ball eater in action.

#38 7 years ago

Your drawing wouldn't work because the cabinet is cut out so the artwork could be easily swapped out . I agree with you though I really wish they would offer their games in a normal cabinet . I think they layout on alien looks great and I like the artwork that's why I was considering buying just the alien swap kit and building my own cabinet to put it in . I would still need to buy boards , transformer and various cabinet parts which would put my cost at or maybe above what heighway charges for a complete game so I decided not to do this .

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

save space and money!!!

Agree. I'm out of room and this will allow me to keep blowing my money indefinitely

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from timelord_warner:

My wife will be happy it's a single cabinet and I'll get two games!

They have 3 other licenses in the works at least.

#41 7 years ago

Looks like a fun machine, definately I will play it if I find one, I thought the same about ghost busters but didn't care much for it, hope you guys knock it out the park with alien it looks beautiful!

#42 7 years ago

I'm going to get the Alien kit after I play it. I love the system so far.

#43 7 years ago

The real angle with the swap kits is not two games for one cabinet, it's five games for two cabinets.

#44 7 years ago

I'm guessing you can't roll the artwork. If that's true doubling the artwork size causes more shipping concerns I'm sure.

#45 7 years ago

Looks good. I hope I get to play one day. I haven't seen a Full Throttle in the wild yet.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

They have 3 other licenses in the works at least.

5 playfields would definitely call for a second cabinet. I'll be happy to buy it.

#47 7 years ago

It's exciting to think of the potential of the kit system. Imagine third party or Heighway built coffee table cabs! How great would game rooms looks if you mounted unused playfields on a wall rack as art.

#48 7 years ago

Andy has very kindly sent us (Northern Lights Pinball Show) some translite sized artwork for Alien. Looks great. We'll likely be auctioning these off for charity soon

Pics here :
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1136276293118163&id=163551633723972

#49 7 years ago

I'm thinking of a system like this for my Heighway playfield kits..

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from oohlou:

Looks good. I hope I get to play one day. I haven't seen a Full Throttle in the wild yet.

www.madisonpinball.com
in case you are ever in the area

FullT at schwoegs (resized).jpgFullT at schwoegs (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
9,999 (OBO)
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
There are 339 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-revealed-flyer-and-pics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.