You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will i get my money back from Highway Pinball?”

• Yes - the hero investment club will make everything all better. 100 votes
    26%
  • Maybe - if they haven't spent it all already. 83 votes
    22%
  • No way - the sham has been exposed and the investor announcemnt is just to buy more time. 202 votes
    52%

(385 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

maxresdefault (resized).jpg
clap.gif
shakeitup (resized).png
IMG_1335 (resized).JPG
AE0fzDx (resized).jpg
blowme (resized).jpg
200_s (resized).png
container01.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 6.52.56 PM.jpg
just-three-hours (resized).jpg
alienfp2.jpg
etalienfail.gif
IMG_0413 (resized).JPG
Toads (resized).jpg
young frank wrong then (resized).jpg
paperwork1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spfxted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#263 6 years ago

How long before you change the header to Not Angry....Customer....

#265 6 years ago

I hope he got his deposit and it seems like the New Group is The Real Deal. I'm looking forward to playing Alien again when it's working with all the toys intact.

#268 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I thought the game was pretty decent when I played it at Pinfest, but the backbox really did look odd and flimsy.

I agree. I'm still going to give it another shot when everything is working. The one at Pinfest had no working Xeno Head and the ball many times took 5 times to get it out of the eject thingy. Big wear in places as well. I hope everything gets fixed up...

#285 6 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Soo much wool... only so many eyes...

I'm stealing that!

#286 6 years ago

From CoinTaker!!
Great news, Aliens arrived today!

#288 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Woo Hoo! Any idea how many???

I just asked in the other Thread...

#297 6 years ago
Quoted from Slash:

I'm guessing it takes so long because they are hoping that the good news of "parts ordered" and some pics of machines getting delivered etc results in people staying in. So if they can drag out refunds then there is a chance a percentage of those people might say "cancel my refund I will keep my spot".
Yes it's a cynical view but a practical one. If they can delay refunding people and hopefully show that things are moving in the right direction it might result in some people staying in. I can't say I blame them as cash flow and funding is the only thing that really matters at this late stage.

I am thinking this as well. Can't wait to see what the CoinTaker games are like. I hope this all has a happy ending.

#323 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

It won't matter to me if I get a refund or not.

#336 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

be a PITA making your own alien head

...but there are modders here that will make a better one in a heartbeat...

#368 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Yes, sometimes an international transfer will finalize in a 24hr timeframe but that is the exception, NOT the rule.

True this!

#446 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I mean is it really worth all this time Im putting into just trying to buy it??

You are one angry mo

#510 6 years ago

Never bring a gun to a flamethrower fight!

#516 6 years ago

Always a hit at parties.....what could POSSIBLY go wrong??

3 weeks later
#560 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I thought it was 7500 or less for what you're mentioning (shaker too, no invisi).

young frank wrong then (resized).jpgyoung frank wrong then (resized).jpg

1 month later
#615 6 years ago

I just don't understand WHAT'S so hard about communication! That's all people want! Just say, "Hey, we've refunded a bunch of people and we're a little low on cash for a few weeks. You WILL get your refund. And, Xeno Heads are here, but we're still tweaking some things with hooking up to the old machines. We'll keep you posted." .....whatever!
Just keep in touch and tell the truth. VERY easy to turn this whole thing around.

#628 6 years ago

Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 6.52.56 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2017-10-10 at 6.52.56 PM.jpg

1 week later
#645 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

If I had to guess all their money is tied up in those machines coming over, I bet after they arrive/sell or however payment works the rest of refunds will be taken care of?

All they need to do is TELL US THIS. It would go a long way....

#647 6 years ago

It's like you want to sit them down, smack to the side of the head, and explain how important communication and honesty is!

#667 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Just confirmed that mine is at Cointaker as of today. Shipping to my door very soon.

Are you paying for shipping from CT?

1 week later
#680 6 years ago
Quoted from cliff_clavin:

I hope anyone considering putting down new money on an alien is watching this thread. Myself, I would never support a company who handled refunds in this manner. Shameful.....

THIS is how they are shooting themselves in the foot! The people all in already have no choice...wait until Heighway does something and hope they don't go under.
People with only a $1,000 deposit can wait it out and always get a refund from their distributor. But NEW people and NEW money are reading all this crap about no refunds, no communication, no sending parts, no quality control, etc and are going to wait it out to see what happens.
The New Owners have no idea what to do to suck in the new money. A simple Facebook Update every week (good or bad), send out the damn Xeno Heads to those poor basturds who need them, tell the LE people just what the hell is going on....doesn't seem too tough....

#686 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Good news. I just received the payment confirmation from Heighway that my money is on the way. Should me with me hopefully tomorrow or otherwise just after the weekend. Finally

clap.gifclap.gif

#691 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

I hope this is the start of improving their service and communication.

A good start! Congrats!

#701 6 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Apparently Monitor instead of Fiber optics (rumor)

Was that not confirmed?

#704 6 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

I havent gotten any official email or phone call so i'm calling it rumor

Oh, ok. Sorry. I thought I saw somewhere that someone got an official email....

#707 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

My gut tells me that I have spent way too much money on pinball machines, I dont have room anymore, and if My wife sees that I bought yet another machine, she will be very upset. But my mid life crisis is telling me spend spend spend!

You sound like one angry mo!

4 weeks later
#738 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

I do not really understand why there are still new people asking for refunds as machines get delivered. Why did you order one in the first place ?

It's because most of the machines have trouble one way or the other. Some are waiting to buy later when all the bugs are worked out, there is a manual and better communication and support....

#740 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

When I ordered I did not expect to get a 100% troublefree machine

Sorry, if I'm spending $7K+ I expect to get a 100% working machine...but's that's just me....

5 months later
#759 5 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Around 200 Alien Machines produced

I'd be VERY surprised if that was correct!

#767 5 years ago

I would have guessed between 100 and 150 tops....just my guess...

#779 5 years ago

A penguin walks into a bar and says to the bartender, "I'm looking for my brother."
The bartender says, "What does he look like?"

#780 5 years ago

A guy goes into a bar with a steering wheel in his pants.
The bartender says, "Hey, dude!...you have a steering wheel in your pants!"
The guy says. "I know!...it's driving me nuts!!"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spfxted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-refund-from-patient-supporter-to-angry-x-customer?tu=spfxted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.