You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will i get my money back from Highway Pinball?”

• Yes - the hero investment club will make everything all better. 100 votes
    26%
  • Maybe - if they haven't spent it all already. 83 votes
    22%
  • No way - the sham has been exposed and the investor announcemnt is just to buy more time. 202 votes
    52%

(385 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

maxresdefault (resized).jpg
clap.gif
shakeitup (resized).png
IMG_1335 (resized).JPG
AE0fzDx (resized).jpg
blowme (resized).jpg
200_s (resized).png
container01.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 6.52.56 PM.jpg
just-three-hours (resized).jpg
alienfp2.jpg
etalienfail.gif
IMG_0413 (resized).JPG
Toads (resized).jpg
young frank wrong then (resized).jpg
paperwork1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sonny_jim.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Maybe there's some value in the interchangeable playfield patent.

Wait, what? AFAIK they haven't submitted a patent for that. Gerry Stellenberg on the other hand has submitted *lots* but never seems to get them accepted due to prior art.

If you look at the financials they posted at the start of this month, they seem to think they have over half a million in intangible assets (so designs/IP/trademarks, valuable things with no physical presence), which is laughable if you ask me. Much more likely that they saw a massive hole in their budget and tried to plug it with 'creative accounting'. Here's the other thing, Andy loved to point out that the machinery was owned by them. If that's the case, how come their physical assets are now valued 60% lower_ than the previous year?

Do yourselves a favour and have a good read of page 4 of this pdf:
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08087382/filing-history/MzE3NzI0NjY3MWFkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0

#72 6 years ago

Says it right there:
intangible assets 549,882 GBP, up from 353,065 last year.

Last years tangible was 140,529, this years is 83,721. Even with depreciation that doesn't add up, so I'm guessing they either sold some of the machines or never owned them in the first place.

(The formatting on that table seems to be a bit screwed though, the numbers in bold should all be in the same column)

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

#78 6 years ago

How did that advice go for the Predator guys?

I mean, 'scare off the investors', really? You think that 20 people requesting refunds is their biggest worry right now? pfft

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

I'd encourage you to check again.

My apologies Gerry, I had indeed checked after I wrote that message and saw that a few had come through. Still had to laugh when I saw one of them got knocked back with them citing 'Mr & Mrs Pacman' as prior art lol.

I did try and have a look for the Williams interchangeable playfield one (ie Pin2k) but I couldn't find it, I have a feeling it's lapsed by now anyway. I definitely couldn't find any from Heighway.

#120 6 years ago

My (limited) understanding of it was that like a lot of other companies, HP and HP Sales were setup so HP would manufacture the machines under contract to HP Sales, people would pay cash to HP Sales. If it all went titsup, HP Sales would be liable and could be dissolved and it wouldn't effect HP. It looks like they never bothered doing it this way round and instead money was paid straight to HP.

From what I recall it was a similar setup with JJP

Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

"Sea and coastal passenger water transport"
Wtf?

It gets stranger still, have a look at this playlist on the Heighway PInball (sic) youtube channel:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,799 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sonny_jim.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-refund-from-patient-supporter-to-angry-x-customer?tu=sonny_jim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.