You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will i get my money back from Highway Pinball?”

• Yes - the hero investment club will make everything all better. 100 votes
    26%
  • Maybe - if they haven't spent it all already. 83 votes
    22%
  • No way - the sham has been exposed and the investor announcemnt is just to buy more time. 202 votes
    52%

(385 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

maxresdefault (resized).jpg
clap.gif
shakeitup (resized).png
IMG_1335 (resized).JPG
AE0fzDx (resized).jpg
blowme (resized).jpg
200_s (resized).png
container01.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 6.52.56 PM.jpg
just-three-hours (resized).jpg
alienfp2.jpg
etalienfail.gif
IMG_0413 (resized).JPG
Toads (resized).jpg
young frank wrong then (resized).jpg
paperwork1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sed6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 6 years ago

I voted yes, all will be fine. And I hope everyone gets a refund, after I get my pin. Heighway needs to make and sell pins in order to survive. After they get to the point where all orders have been filled they should give you a call to see if you want to take delivery from inventory they have on hand or if you still want a refund. But I seriously doubt refunds will be coming anytime soon.

Now before you all thumbs down me, I can't get my money back either, its just as gone as yours! I'm paid in full, cash, no PP or CC protection for me. The only difference is I haven't asked for a refund and haven't been stonewalled. The only plus side to cash is I won't have a PP or CC invoice coming for years to come to remind me of this fiasco, if it all goes tits up. So I can sympathize with the refund club but I can't empathize with you. Every refund given back to you guys lowers the chances of me getting my pin. It's nothing personal, it's just that in this situation what's best for you seems to conflict directly with what's best for me.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i want and need the dust to settle, i have too much to lose as i am fully paid.

Do like I did, turn that worry around. You losing that cash isn't going to ruin you. I'm filing this away under lessons learned: don't pre-order pinball machines! I'll add that to my list of other expensive lessons I've learned in life. Once you write the money off mentally it's much easier to look on the bright side. A few weeks ago I knew I was getting a new Alien pin, now I hope I'm getting one. Hoping to get something in the future can be just as satisfying or more so than knowing. Or don't focus on what you might have lost, think instead of what you may receive. Everyone can look on the bright side, they just have adopt a positive attitude.

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Hi Pinball friend!
We are reaching out to you since you have pre-ordered an Alien Pinball from us at Heighway Pinball. Sadly we have also received your request for a refund. I don’t know if you are aware of the latest changes at Heighway Pinball? Times are a changing and to the better! There is no denial that there has been a massive struggle getting to the stage of mass production. As you might have heard there has been changes in the management at Heighway recently. The group of investors that previously was minor shareholders, and uninvolved in the daily business, is now leading the company into the next phase of the company’s development. Don’t worry, we will carry on the legacy from Andrew when it comes to making great pinball machines based on great themes, but we will also bring a completely new dimension to the management side of the company. The investment group consists of business men with a BIG heart for pinball! We simply know a lot about how to run businesses successfully at the same time as we love pinball and everything that has to do with it (whether it be collecting, restoring, competing etc.)
To further introduce us to you, please find the core team below. There are more investors involved but these guys are the main group who will be driving Heighway Pinball forward:
Roger Svanevik and Cato Paus-Skrede – Norwegians.
A little about us. We have been together as “brothers” since the 80’s. We started a business together in the fire protection field in the 90’s and built it from the ground up. We also have background in business, computers and programming. We are involved in several businesses and have been involved in building most of them from the ground up. Today we are involved in and run our own businesses in fire protection, software development, construction material production, digital printing and marketing products and game operating. Some of you might have seen us and talked to us around the world on pinball shows as we love pinball.
Daniel Janson – Swedish.
My story with pinball started in a snack bar in the early 80’s. My background is with IT, I am a computer guy who started my own business in 2001, a business that today employs quite some people at a few offices around Sweden. My base skill is software programming and I originally started programming to develop computer games. In 2012 I decided to start a pinball shop since there were none in Sweden at the time. So, I started Free Play which have grown into a business on its own for the last 5 years. We may have met at some pinball show in the past years, possibly in a competition or at the Heighway Pinball booth.
Patrik Tenn – Swedish.
If you ever visit Sweden you need to come by my place, a nice place for pinheads since my pinball collection contains around 100 machines. I started a manufacturing business in the mid-90’s that runs still. My first business was founded already back in 1988. I bring vast experience in the field of manufacturing to Heighway Pinball and knows a lot about how to run a production line efficiently.
Alexander Spohr – German.
I got my first pinball when I was eleven, an Orbit. Since then I founded three companies with different partners, employing more than 150 people. They are still in existence, one is now part of a larger one.
Pinball may be a difficult business. But I am used to tackle problems in my way and overcome them.
We would like to speak to you and ask why you have asked for a refund for Alien. We are straightforward about this and are obviously very interested to know if there is anything that could make you change your mind now that things finally start to get exciting? We do have a solid plan moving forwards which we will share with you on the phone. We sincerely hope you are willing to let us explain our thoughts for the way forward.
Due to increased production cost of Alien since the game was initially announced we want you to know there is a price increase planned in the near future – however, as a pre-order customer you are still entitled to the price you got when placing your pre-order.
We will give you a call in the next few days and are looking forward to a really nice pinball conversation!
Very Best Regards,
The new management of Heighway Pinball

Was that an email to you? Wonder of the paid in full people will get an email or call also?

#211 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Day 5. No contact.

Me neither. Why have some gotten multiple emails and others none?

2 months later
#556 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

If anyone wants too transfer their (pre 8k standard) pre order to me and went through cointaker PM me. Thanks

Thats twice you've mentioned under $8. You want a stripped down SE with no options? Cause an SE, original pre-increase price, with LCD, EL Blades, Invisiglass and shipping ran right at $8k. That doesn't include optional shaker, strobe lights or el wire, which all add to the cost...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sed6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-refund-from-patient-supporter-to-angry-x-customer?tu=sed6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.