You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will i get my money back from Highway Pinball?”

• Yes - the hero investment club will make everything all better. 100 votes
    26%
  • Maybe - if they haven't spent it all already. 83 votes
    22%
  • No way - the sham has been exposed and the investor announcemnt is just to buy more time. 202 votes
    52%

(385 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

maxresdefault (resized).jpg
clap.gif
shakeitup (resized).png
IMG_1335 (resized).JPG
AE0fzDx (resized).jpg
blowme (resized).jpg
200_s (resized).png
container01.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 6.52.56 PM.jpg
just-three-hours (resized).jpg
alienfp2.jpg
etalienfail.gif
IMG_0413 (resized).JPG
Toads (resized).jpg
young frank wrong then (resized).jpg
paperwork1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#153 6 years ago

I had a bad feeling about HW all along, FTH having sold in putrid numbers, and yet (people) were claiming it sold well.

I realize Pinside owners do not represent all the games in existence but they should represent some portion.

Full Throttle (owners) 39
Rob Zombie (owners) 153
WoZ (owners) 902

To me this company was always on shaky ground and took a chance on Aliens as a theme to try to grab extra pre-order money.

I wish everyone well, but I can not see the company surviving much longer.

a) have not delivered any number of pins yet (no proof of life beyond pre-order or bail out money)
b) have a pool of people who have been screwed over and want their money back
c) have a pool of people (that have not been screwed yet) but who can buy SW/AFM for the same money or DI for a bit more.
d) see above do not have a killer app meaning they have nothing that is proven better than SW, AFM, DI etc.
e) their ace int he hole (swap ability) no one in America really cares about.

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Maybe there's some value in the interchangeable playfield patent. I could see them licensing that technology but pinball is not a big enough ops business for that to be very valuable. I hope they make good on their promises, even could use Stern's manufacturing for hire to get them done.

Maybe in the rest of the world people don't have a lot of room (like they sell washer+dryer in one combo to save space) but in America with people having room, I know a guy with 50+ pins. So they don't want to pay 1.6x the price of a pin so they can have one set up at a time, they'd rather pay 2x the price and have two pins.

#158 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I live in America and virtually all the collectors I know are out of room.

I really find that hard to believe. I know a bunch of collectors and they all could fit more. Maybe California is different than the rest of America.

Also, how can someone with 5 pins be out of room? (where I live we have basements with basically 1000+ SQ feet that most people use for pins). I do have a second house in Florida (no basement) so I understand that no basements makes it harder, but when I do move to Florida, will upgrade to a house with a basement or a dedicated game room.

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Cuz my wife says i can't have more...

out of room (resized).jpgout of room (resized).jpg

#164 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Proven? No. But everything points to it potentially being a better game than AFM or SW. How are we even comparing SW here? We have not even seen gameplay footage yet...talk about unproven.

Stern has likely sold more SW pins in the last 10 days than HW has sold in the last 4 years.

(I made that figure up, but bet it's correct). SW is probably going to sell at *least* as well as ST.

#173 6 years ago

I've found a few houses in Florida with basements. When I do make my final retirement house move to FL, I'll either have a basement or a guesthouse for pins and my home theater.

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Any pics, I'd love to see what a Florida home with a basement looks like.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/146-Mileham-Dr-Orlando-FL-32835/82108390_zpid

IMG_3137 (resized).PNGIMG_3137 (resized).PNG

#188 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Wow that place is gorgeous... that screen room/whatever is fricken amazing! probably need it to enjoy the outdoors in a swamp

Keeps the gators out.

#190 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Same no pins anywhere but the basement bar room..
We collect Peter Lik's...

Did you buy this $6.5M photo?

https://m.dpreview.com/articles/4546292607/peter-lik-s-phantom-photograph-breaks-world-record-with-6-p-5-million-sale

#193 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

LOL, but yet probably true..

Look at this

Also

IMG_3138 (resized).JPGIMG_3138 (resized).JPGIMG_3139 (resized).JPGIMG_3139 (resized).JPG

#198 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Orlando has some really nice houses - one of my friends runs the Observer family of newspapers there and he lives in this amazing neighborhood. Really beautiful architecture. Who knew!

I bought last year didn't see anything with basement, this would be out of our budget as a second house but when we retire sell our primary house that would be what we're looking for.

Nice house but I didn't see the neighborhood.

#199 6 years ago

Back to pinball
IMG_3140 (resized).JPGIMG_3140 (resized).JPG

#203 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

LOL, the ones i have are not 1.5M One is worth about $30k now though.
The one my wife really liked was 100k, i declined to purchase that one...
I have plenty of room for more pinball machines, but i don't want to pack them all in and my wife wouldn't appreciate it. I refuse to have them anywhere but the basement, i don't care for putting them in the main living space like some people do. Sure I'd like more, but it's gotta balance with the space.

Are they on acrylic or paper or what?

Saw his gallery in Vegas, very nice.

#206 6 years ago

IMG_0003 (resized).JPGIMG_0003 (resized).JPG

10 months later
#769 5 years ago

62 people have Alien listed in their collection whereas 114 have TNA listed (around 140 produced).

Alien wish list 191
TNA wish list 261

Of course there is an unknown, what if a TNA person lists it in collection before it is built?

Also maybe more Alien were sold in Europe which may be under represented in Pinside numbers.

#771 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

How many alien pins not listed on pinside?

Impossible to say but typically with a known production pin there will be a fair number listed on Pinside.

400 Tron LE made and 217 are listed as owned on pinside.

450 XMLE sold and 240 listed as owned by Pinside.

150 AMH sold 98 listed on Pinside.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-refund-from-patient-supporter-to-angry-x-customer?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.