You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will i get my money back from Highway Pinball?”

• Yes - the hero investment club will make everything all better. 100 votes
    26%
  • Maybe - if they haven't spent it all already. 83 votes
    22%
  • No way - the sham has been exposed and the investor announcemnt is just to buy more time. 202 votes
    52%

(385 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

maxresdefault (resized).jpg
clap.gif
shakeitup (resized).png
IMG_1335 (resized).JPG
AE0fzDx (resized).jpg
blowme (resized).jpg
200_s (resized).png
container01.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 6.52.56 PM.jpg
just-three-hours (resized).jpg
alienfp2.jpg
etalienfail.gif
IMG_0413 (resized).JPG
Toads (resized).jpg
young frank wrong then (resized).jpg
paperwork1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jvspin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

I don't understand how anyone can be a supporter of the company after all the crap that's gone down. But hey that's just me.

Aliens...Aliens...Aliens...Aliens...Aliens...Aliens...Aliens...Aliens...Aliens...Aliens...Aliens...Aliens...Aliens...Aliens..

Hope springs eternal!

#155 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Maybe in the rest of the world (ROW) but in America with people having room, I know a guy with 50+ pins. So they don't want to pay 1.6x the price of a pin so they can have one set up at a time, they'd rather pay 2x the price and have two pins.

I live in America and virtually all the collectors I know are out of room, doesn't matter if they have 5 or 100 machines. They all buy to capacity or over. I was looking forward to paying much less for a second game without the cabinet that could be stored under the main game.

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I really find that hard to believe. I know a bunch of collectors and they all could fit more. Maybe California is different than the rest of America.
Also, how can someone with 5 pins be out of room? (where I live we have basements with basically 1000+ SQ feet that most people use for pins). I do have a second house in Florida (no basement) so I understand that no basements makes it harder, but when I do move to Florida, will upgrade to a house with a basement or a dedicated game room.

Seldom see basements in the Bay Area where I live. People use their garages, living rooms, etc...

I have a game room that fits 5 machines and can fit 4 in my living room. Sure there is more space in the house but I think my wife is being generous as it is.

I have 20 more games soldiered in the garage and 10 more scattered at friends homes. Yes, I have a sickness.

A friend has over 100 games. He built a large structure to house them and is out of room.

Again, most of the collectors I know have reached the one out for one in phase, either due to physical limitations or "must get along with wife".

1 month later
#315 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I also don't think the longer they wait- the better chance people will jump back on board. that's ridiculous and would never work.

You left out the part where he said, "...once some games hit the street."

It may be stating the obvious but people really want this game. They also don't want to lose their money.

In my psychology, if I back out of the game at the pre-order price, it's unlikely I'll buy back in at a much higher price later.

If there are many others like me, it's in the new owners best interest to do everything they can to keep people in until they can show real progress shipping games, even if they could immediately grant all the refund requests.

This may mean dribbling out refunds to show they have the money to refund people and prevent a run on the bank.

It may mean shipping a few games out even though the production line isn't up yet to show games are being made.

All my opinions only, I have no inside knowledge.

1 week later
#442 6 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

The thing that I just don't understand at the moment... their company is in the shit, money is flying out the door to refund people in order to save what little of their reputation is left. So what do they do, hike up the UK price by about 3k over the initial pre-order price?! Surely the obvious move is to encourage more orders in the short term, not drive people away?

One reason for such a large increase in price may be to reduce the number of people asking for refunds.

#448 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yeah I give up, I guess Ill just want till someone has a working HUO to sell someday. Sigh. Tired.... all energy gone.

No need to give up. Just wait until Cointaker has them in stock to buy.

I don't see much upside in pre-ordering at this point.

#452 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Oh I thought there weren't that many LEs left. Ok guess I will just wait it out and see what happens.. but no more stress trying to buy something.. buying should be a fun experience.
lates!

I think a lot of LE buyers have bailed and I don't expect there will a rush of new buyers at the higher prices until Heighway proves they can produce a solid game.

You should have plenty of opportunity to buy an LE if and when they start shipping in quantity. Hopefully with the added benefit of initial bugs being worked out.

#456 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Those that want this to succeed now have more reason than ever to believe in it ....they wouldn't have refunded a dime or shipped a single machine if the intent was to bail.....tired of repeating the obvious...whatever...

There is certainly a lot more reasons to believe in Heighway's success than a few months ago when Andrew was running the company.

Still, we've gotten a glimmer from other start-ups as to how difficult it is to go from building a few machines by hand to setting up an entire factory to produce a thousand machines, ie parts suppliers, assembly line, build and test procedures and trained workers.

All the desire and good intentions in the world are not always enough.

Let's say I'm cautiously awaiting developments and hoping the new owners can succeed where Andrew failed. Not only for those of us who want the game, but for all those who put their hearts and souls into the game to get it to this point.

I no longer have money on the line so it makes waiting much easier.

#458 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I cant think of another "startup" that refunded pretty much everyone that asked ( this actual # eludes us all, btw) and has produced 2 machines, with a 3rd being the break bank point.

I can, JJP, and they made it over the hump. Hopefully so will Heighway.

Edit: Oh, do you mean that did those things and failed? If so, I can't either.

#501 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I'd be happy to see 100 a month. More than that... great, less than that and I don't think they'll survive.

I'd like to see them put out enough games to keep their business running. Doesn't matter if it's 10, 20, 50, or 100 games per month.

For example, say they have 500 games on order, at 100 games/month they'd be finished in 5 months. Then what do they do? Lay off all the workers and shutdown the production side of the factory until the next game is ready?

4 months later
#748 6 years ago

More games have been produced and more refunds have been processed since the new owners took over.

Though game production, refunds, support and communication could be better, wouldn't you say the outlook is quite a bit brighter than if the company we're still in Andrew's hands?

Edit: Apologies, this comment is off topic.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jvspin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-refund-from-patient-supporter-to-angry-x-customer?tu=jvspin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.