Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic poll

“Will i get my money back from Highway Pinball?”

• Yes - the hero investment club will make everything all better. 100 votes
    26%
  • Maybe - if they haven't spent it all already. 82 votes
    21%
  • No way - the sham has been exposed and the investor announcemnt is just to buy more time. 202 votes
    53%

(384 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 49 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

maxresdefault (resized).jpg
clap.gif
shakeitup (resized).png
IMG_1335 (resized).JPG
AE0fzDx (resized).jpg
blowme (resized).jpg
200_s (resized).png
container01.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 6.52.56 PM.jpg
just-three-hours (resized).jpg
alienfp2.jpg
etalienfail.gif
IMG_0413 (resized).JPG
Toads (resized).jpg
young frank wrong then (resized).jpg
paperwork1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chrisnack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 2 years ago

I would attempt to get your money back as quickly as possible and with the business changes and the price increase I doubt then will even ramp up and ship in any significant numbers this year.

I just got a long introduction email from the new investors spewing the same BS that Andrew did. Including noting the price increase. I'll post it for people to see.

Not sure how they are going to refund money that isn't there though. I will reiterate that I only got my "refund" by filing claims against them, they never actually refunded the full amount, which means that they stole half of the money. They walked away with $4500, unless PayPal recovers it.

#43 2 years ago

Hi Pinball friend!

We are reaching out to you since you have pre-ordered an Alien Pinball from us at Heighway Pinball. Sadly we have also received your request for a refund. I don’t know if you are aware of the latest changes at Heighway Pinball? Times are a changing and to the better! There is no denial that there has been a massive struggle getting to the stage of mass production. As you might have heard there has been changes in the management at Heighway recently. The group of investors that previously was minor shareholders, and uninvolved in the daily business, is now leading the company into the next phase of the company’s development. Don’t worry, we will carry on the legacy from Andrew when it comes to making great pinball machines based on great themes, but we will also bring a completely new dimension to the management side of the company. The investment group consists of business men with a BIG heart for pinball! We simply know a lot about how to run businesses successfully at the same time as we love pinball and everything that has to do with it (whether it be collecting, restoring, competing etc.)

To further introduce us to you, please find the core team below. There are more investors involved but these guys are the main group who will be driving Heighway Pinball forward:

Roger Svanevik and Cato Paus-Skrede – Norwegians.
A little about us. We have been together as “brothers” since the 80’s. We started a business together in the fire protection field in the 90’s and built it from the ground up. We also have background in business, computers and programming. We are involved in several businesses and have been involved in building most of them from the ground up. Today we are involved in and run our own businesses in fire protection, software development, construction material production, digital printing and marketing products and game operating. Some of you might have seen us and talked to us around the world on pinball shows as we love pinball.

Daniel Janson – Swedish.
My story with pinball started in a snack bar in the early 80’s. My background is with IT, I am a computer guy who started my own business in 2001, a business that today employs quite some people at a few offices around Sweden. My base skill is software programming and I originally started programming to develop computer games. In 2012 I decided to start a pinball shop since there were none in Sweden at the time. So, I started Free Play which have grown into a business on its own for the last 5 years. We may have met at some pinball show in the past years, possibly in a competition or at the Heighway Pinball booth.

Patrik Tenn – Swedish.
If you ever visit Sweden you need to come by my place, a nice place for pinheads since my pinball collection contains around 100 machines. I started a manufacturing business in the mid-90’s that runs still. My first business was founded already back in 1988. I bring vast experience in the field of manufacturing to Heighway Pinball and knows a lot about how to run a production line efficiently.

Alexander Spohr – German.
I got my first pinball when I was eleven, an Orbit. Since then I founded three companies with different partners, employing more than 150 people. They are still in existence, one is now part of a larger one.
Pinball may be a difficult business. But I am used to tackle problems in my way and overcome them.

We would like to speak to you and ask why you have asked for a refund for Alien. We are straightforward about this and are obviously very interested to know if there is anything that could make you change your mind now that things finally start to get exciting? We do have a solid plan moving forwards which we will share with you on the phone. We sincerely hope you are willing to let us explain our thoughts for the way forward.

Due to increased production cost of Alien since the game was initially announced we want you to know there is a price increase planned in the near future – however, as a pre-order customer you are still entitled to the price you got when placing your pre-order.

We will give you a call in the next few days and are looking forward to a really nice pinball conversation!

Very Best Regards,
The new management of Heighway Pinball

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

So, which one of them will move to England?
Or will it be absentee owners and absentee managers?

Right?

There first priority needs to be putting out the fires and calming the peasants. They have to do that in order to keep things moving and generate interest and revenue. So they are of course going to post all happy thoughts and plans etc, anything to keep people "in". Some people will buy that and suddenly think everything is ok. It's no different than what Andrew was doing, except he just sucked at communicating.

Besides, the company has Andrew's name on it, it's the appearance that he was pushed out, but i doubt that. He i probably still involved in some way. I also don't get a warm fuzzy that it's the same people as before and they let shit get this bad to begin with.

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

There's a good reason I deleted that part of my response before anyone replied..
Glad that you're still covered with some kind of protection. I just don't think the right call is trying to encourage people to wait if they are at their personal break point and want their money back. It's been proven repeatedly that waiting is a great way to lose your money in this business.

I think if you want to take the risk, no more than a deposit should be paid. Anyone paid in full is just potentially throwing money away... with all the changes and delays and lies... that's just a HUGE risk, and I'd hate to see ANYONE burned.

#53 2 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

Luckily I speak Swedish and will translate,

Hi, disgruntled customers
We will not be giving any refunds until we try converting you.
We are concerned about the refund requests. Luckily, our junior sales friend gave us some advise. Deter the refunds by implying a price increase.

LOL, too damn funny!

#68 2 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Was that an email to you? Wonder of the paid in full people will get an email or call also?

Yes, email they sent me. I'm assuming it's damage control.

#70 2 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Day 2. No response.

LOL

There are a ton of people at 30+ with no response... There is another thread for Heighway Refunds as well i saw.

I'd go straight to dispute. I don't think they are going to respond anytime soon or even process the refund.

#75 2 years ago

Yeah I'd try with your credit card. You can use the "product never received". With 2 years, that should work JUST FINE

#80 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If I had any deposit money on the line, my selfish thought would be to shut up and wait.

Worst advice ever given the history and information available...

The best advice is that if you ANY uneasy feelings, get the hell out now... waiting for the dust to settle is not a good plan...

If you have money to toss into the fire, then sure go ahead and wait "patiently"...

#86 2 years ago

There is a massive mess of supplier issues and lies that have to be unraveled by the new "owners" so I just don't think it's realistic that any significant number of games will ship this year. My opinion of course. All i'll say is that I've learned a lot from offline discussions with various people. There was a lot of crap going on unseen that probably would have caused nearly everyone to bail if they had known. I sure as hell would have never gotten involved had I known.

I don't understand how anyone can be a supporter of the company after all the crap that's gone down. But hey that's just me.

#89 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Buddy of mine bought an Alien back in Feb based off Heighway promises, paid in full. He got out and received a full refund, likely after raising hell with them (this dude doesn't take shit from people at all). Squeaky wheel gets taken care of, and gets refunded. Those who wait, get hosed.

Oh trust me, I didn't take shit from them. The money didn't exist to refund anymore. Your buddy got lucky when there was still money to refund apparently.

The other 4 guys who asked for refunds within days of me, still haven't gotten their money. I managed to lock their PayPal account, which is the only reason i think they refunded half, but not 100% sure.

#104 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

How do you know this? (And how do you know for a fact it's true?)...and maybe some of us (all of us) would like to be privy to the same information.

I wish i could post a lot of it, but for various reasons (most in that I was asked to not divulge conversations or specifics) I can't. I can't say without a doubt that the information given to me was "fact" 100%, but based on the picture I see and the information given to me, those are my thoughts on the matter. Did i most likely "stir the pot" as a result, yeah probably.

It's public knowledge that games weren't shipping and continued deadlines were missed. There was obvious financial issues going on and something was holding games up, i don't believe (MY OPINION) that it was merely artwork holding up the LE, that's just a GREAT excuse. I just saw the carrot on the stick, over and over, before i put money in, and after i pulled my money out. I had conversations with the Heighway team before i put my money in and i believed them, that was my mistake.

Everyone can form their own opinion, but at least for i can only take so many "but wait there's more" and "patience for a couple more weeks" so many times. I personally lost all faith in the company and have no desire to do any business with that company any time soon if ever regardless of "new" owners/investors.

#131 2 years ago

Never see any of his stuff, but that podcast was great!

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I do remember somebody posting publicly available financial data about HP but that wasn't him.

It was posted several times, a bit hard to really understand what the true financial status was...

#142 2 years ago

The number of personal attacks on people on this forum astound me... so much fricken drama!

#157 2 years ago

I think the swapability is a neat concept, but one i doubt i would actually use. You still have to store a large box somewhere with the other playfield. I would never store that underneath as that would look terrible.

I honestly thought their cabinets looked like shit anyways.... sure it's great to try new things, but pinball has been around a LONG ASS time and the cabinet shape/design would potentially have changed if there was a good reason to.

i DID appreciate the full rails on the playfield, i like that very much.

Swappable flippers, who cares. Just sounds more expensive to me.

#159 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

I was going to buy Alien when it was shipping and in stock (not as a pre-order). Getting less likely now.
TBH I don't know how viable it is for these rich Euro dudes to manage a factory from overseas. Will they relocate? Also, they won't be injecting millions of pounds, so it won't be enough IMO. If they out-source the manufacturing to Stern or somesuch that might be viable, but little if any profit. Pains to say it, but the smart move would be to liquidate.

Sure but stern or whomever is going to build some different weird design. It would have to be re-designed to a more standard layout/format for manufacturing. They aren't going to retool everything.

#160 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Also, how can someone with 5 pins be out of room? That tidbit is suspicious.

Cuz my wife says i can't have more...

#172 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

(Sorry I am reacting to the same post the quoted response was reacting to )
Does Florida do basements? I don't think you'll find too many there. Luckily land is pretty affordable.
I live in DC where space is a premium. We have 4 pins. I would like a 5th (yeh and 6th, 7th, etc) but the space is unusable and I refuse to put a pin on my main floor. We are also art collectors and .. well as awesome as Zombie Yeti is, that side art can clash with the Ziegler.

Same no pins anywhere but the basement bar room..

We collect Peter Lik's...

#186 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I wasn't familiar with the name, but I just realised I toured a gallery showing of his stuff in Sonoma a couple years ago, stunning photos - at the time wondered how far he has to get away from civilisation to capture those

Most people have seen his stuff, but might not know the name. The shots are just stunning. We have a 1.5 meter one in the living room, it's a gorgeous attention piece when properly lit.

#187 2 years ago

Wow that place is gorgeous... that screen room/whatever is fricken amazing! probably need it to enjoy the outdoors in a swamp

#189 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Keeps the gators out.

LOL, but yet probably true..

#200 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

!!!!?????
Wait a second... You have a 1.5million dollar photo in your house and you live in a house with only room for 5 pins?
I think we have to revoke your pinball club membership
Let's see a pic of this 1.5M photo!

LOL, the ones i have are not 1.5M One is worth about $30k now though.

The one my wife really liked was 100k, i declined to purchase that one...

I have plenty of room for more pinball machines, but i don't want to pack them all in and my wife wouldn't appreciate it. I refuse to have them anywhere but the basement, i don't care for putting them in the main living space like some people do. Sure I'd like more, but it's gotta balance with the space.

#201 2 years ago

Coastal Dreams & Secret Morning, of course seeing them in person is MUCH different than a random photo on the interwebs..

secret_morning (resized).jpg
wg991_coastal_dreams_1 (resized).jpg

#202 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Good lord, I bet! It's nuts to spend that kind of money (investment or not) and then not set it up for proper viewing

Wups, i meant 1.5 meter not 1.5 million LOL now i get the confusion...

I edited the original post... too funny...

#204 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Are they on acrylic or paper or what?
Saw his gallery in Vegas, very nice.

Some kind of special photo paper, believe it's metallic or something... supposed to be what makes them so nice is the printing, but you get some decent halogen lights on them and they really pop, the difference with and without proper lighting is pretty significant...

Everyone that's ever seen any of them at my house has been impressed and commented. So that's good i guess

1 month later
#379 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So I count 2 pinsiders not being refunded yet ( from all the group).... Neph and Drinkduff.....any others?

I've been waiting for months as well.. According to Morgan I was wired the money weeks ago.. funny it hasn't shown up...

#388 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Did you not end up getting the full chargeback issued to you a while ago (when Andrew was still involved)?

Disgruntled I am. All I see is the same pattern of lies and stringing people along. It does seem like stuff is moving along but in my opinion not a single game should have shipped until everyone had their refunds.

I did get my money via chargeback. But Heighway still has $4600 that doesn't belong to them. The refund will simply go to my bank, they will reverse the charge back once it shows up.

As far as I'm concerned they effectively stole the money until its refunded back to my bank.

#390 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

How do yo know they have not paid back your bank? I have had a similar chargeback issue where my bank took care of me, but I was unable to find out if they ever got paid back by the vendor.

Heighway contacted me about it, not the other way around it. Pretty sure they wouldn't have contacted me if they had refunded the bank already. I haven't pushed the issue, I gave them the bank info and have just been waiting. I was simply stating that I was told it was processed a few weeks ago, but nothing has been wired yet.

#391 2 years ago

#454 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I believe it is in the fine print under the refund policy.

Your so funny...

Warranty is only as good as the company, and if they are still around. That being said, people have reported having trouble getting parts for Full Throttle, and those that do have an Alien have reported the same, it's in various threads.

#483 2 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

My last email to them on Monday was very "to the point"

It's been back to radio silence for over a week for me. My situation is a little different, but still, from what I can see, they still suck.

#488 2 years ago

I care that they walked away with $4600 that doesn't belong to them... guess i'm the only one... yes I want to see it go back to my bank. Normally I wouldn't give 2 shits, but I feel strongly about this situation because of how things were handled and because I still have some potential risk.

I'm still within the window and my chargeback could be reversed, so yeah i care a little bit. Half of the money came straight out of my checking account. So in my eyes, i still have some risk until that $4600 goes back to my bank. That's my motivation. I'm going to be very upset if suddenly that gets reversed for some reason and I'm out $4600. Is that likely? Probably not. Hopefully not. But can i extend some effort with some emails to try and make sure that doesn't happen? You bet.

I need to figure out if it was 90 or 120 days for the reversal, once I'm past that window, then I probably won't care as much because I should be covered.

That doesn't change the fact that at least a couple people are struggling to get refunds still. This thread was about refunds and getting those, not how great the new Heighway is.

#490 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

...previous partial refunds, chanrgebacks, and possibly even people that already got chargebacks hoping for accounting mistakes and double money back....

That's the 2nd time you've made that comment, do you have proof of people doing that? Otherwise you shouldn't make an assumption that people are purposely committing fraud.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Your constant bashing of them is not going to help anyone else get their refund quicker. They only thing that appears to help with that is them being the squeaky wheel. Worth note with the price increase if you get out and appearance that things are starting to move in the right direction, I can see where some may not be pressing as hard for a refund when they previously were.

I have never posted anything but my experience and opinion. Just like everyone else, just because you don't agree with it doesn't make it wrong or inaccurate.

Your constant cheerleading of them sure gets old too. The assumption that they have turned a corner is just your opinion as well, unless there is proof that games are suddenly shipping. Which I honestly don't know, i don't really follow anything anymore other than this refund thread.

In my opinion some people aren't pressing the refund because it's tiresome, to have to constantly email/call/whatever to get your money back.

#514 2 years ago
Quoted from nman:

http://xm42.com
I'm thinking of getting this for myself for xmas this year

That's the best thing I've seen all week!

2 months later
#687 1 year ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Been reading this thread and just wanted to express my thoughts on this. As I see it from the business side, the new investors took in the information of Andrew how many machines were ordered and how much money that would bring into the company. He would also have given them the info about outstanding refunds.
When they took over they promised to make the machines and to refund the people that wanted a refund. But my guess is that a lot of people took the chance and asked for a refund after the promise of the new owners to make whole on the refunds. That would throw off the whole financial situation and made the financial outlook a lot worse. If they would have said they would refund outstanding refunds, but not new ones, they would not have had this situation.
My opinion is that the investors took on a hell of a job completing this endeavour and they miscalculated the number of people that would bail if they could. Look at how many people want to get out of TBL but DP just says: no refunds ! Again in my opinion the new people at HP had much more right to do it like that because they never received the funds in the first place, as DP did.
I am just a customer, paid in full since 2015 and of course I am not happy with the whole situation, but remember that without the new investors, all would have been lost anyway. No machines AND no refunds. If the investors can hang in there and get the production steadily going I am convinced that they can sell al lot of Alien machines.

They should have known what they were getting into and done their homework. I never truly thought anything would change with "new" investors that were same people as before.

There is no excuse for the lack of communication and ignoring people. Obviously I have no love for the company after what I went through with them and that's only reinforced seeing the lengths others have gone to just to get a damn response.

I just want people to get their money back.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lynnwood, WASHINGTON
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Göteborg, VäSTRA GöTALANDS LäN
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Machine - For Sale
Los Altos, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chrisnack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside