You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will i get my money back from Highway Pinball?”

• Yes - the hero investment club will make everything all better. 100 votes
    26%
  • Maybe - if they haven't spent it all already. 83 votes
    22%
  • No way - the sham has been exposed and the investor announcemnt is just to buy more time. 202 votes
    52%

(385 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

maxresdefault (resized).jpg
clap.gif
shakeitup (resized).png
IMG_1335 (resized).JPG
AE0fzDx (resized).jpg
blowme (resized).jpg
200_s (resized).png
container01.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 6.52.56 PM.jpg
just-three-hours (resized).jpg
alienfp2.jpg
etalienfail.gif
IMG_0413 (resized).JPG
Toads (resized).jpg
young frank wrong then (resized).jpg
paperwork1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#77 6 years ago

If I had any deposit money on the line, my selfish thought would be to shut up and wait.

My logic is that the paperwork is not even signed yet on this deal. The best chance of getting anything (game or money) is for the new investors/ re-investors to not be scared off but to instead get that deal done.

AFTER the deal is done then you have a new team on the hook to make it all right.

If the deal crumbles, where are you left?
If the deal gets done then you are in a better position than currently.

Just my undertanding of the situation.

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Worst advice ever given the history and information available...
The best advice is that if you ANY uneasy feelings, get the hell out now... waiting for the dust to settle is not a good plan...
If you have money to toss into the fire, then sure go ahead and wait "patiently"...

if you have other means then sure, persue those.

I am saying that if you have been in for over 180 days (or whatever your paypal/cc limit is for chargebacks) and you are at the mercy of the new investors or legal action, my logic would be to hope the ink dries and then persue.

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

You should UNselfishly stop advising, suggesting, hinting telling, PM'ing people how to spend their money. C'mon man!

I dont understand you you are so incapable at understanding the word "I"

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

PM'ing people how to spend their money

just to be clear as I am fine with people talking smack and having differing opinions, but making shit up for your narrative is pretty immature and just wrong.

I have NEVER PM'd anyone to do anything of the such.

I may have influence by just being myself and posting to the forum, but is is BS for you to make stuff up like this.

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Most people have seen his stuff, but might not know the name. The shots are just stunning. We have a 1.5M one in the living room, it's a gorgeous attention piece when properly lit.

!!!!?????

Wait a second... You have a 1.5million dollar photo in your house and you live in a house with only room for 5 pins?

I think we have to revoke your pinball club membership

Let's see a pic of this 1.5M photo!

3 weeks later
#234 6 years ago

thanks for the info and great news!

3 weeks later
#382 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

The count is much higher than that, a lot of them just haven't posted on here due to the drama... I've been waiting for months as well.. According to Morgan I was wired the money weeks ago.. funny it hasn't shown up...

Are there more than the 4 you were talking about 2 months ago?

Quoted from chrisnack:

The other 4 guys who asked for refunds within days of me

Just wanted to know if there is some sort of hidden group where people are keeping track of current status as it sounds like you have some info that is quite different that what is being posted recently on Pinside.

Did you not end up getting the full chargeback issued to you a while ago (when Andrew was still involved)?

Quoted from chrisnack:

I will reiterate that I only got my "refund" by filing claims against them

It really does seem at this stage that the majority of people requesting money have gotten it back. We saw the photo of cointaker get 4 games a week ago. Just today I was picking up a game in IL and was told the guy down the way just got a new batch game last week.

I mean, I know you are full on hate mode (dont blame you), but seems like things are in a better spot now and moving in the right direction at least, right? Are things dramatically different than what we are seeing/hearing here?

#389 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Disgruntled I am. All I see is the same pattern of lies and stringing people along. It does seem like stuff is moving along but in my opinion not a single game should have shipped until everyone had their refunds.
I did get my money via chargeback. But Heighway still has $4600 that doesn't belong to them. The refund will simply go to my bank, they will reverse the charge back once it shows up.
As far as I'm concerned they effectively stole the money until its refunded back to my bank.

How do yo know they have not paid back your bank? I have had a similar chargeback issue where my bank took care of me, but I was unable to find out if they ever got paid back by the vendor.

#412 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thanks I try. I just don't like wasting time trying to buy something, especially when the seller doesn't answer back. Oh well.. time to move on. Guess Ill save my money for a Monster Bash remake!

cointaker was at the largest pinball show in the world last weekend and I would guess traveling back/busy packing up on Mon/Tues this week.

I know they can be pretty bad on the email communication front, but in this case there is likely a valid reason for it.

#485 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

It's been back to radio silence for over a week for me. My situation is a little different, but still, from what I can see, they still suck.

??? What communication do you need form this at this point?

You got all your money back and are no longer a buyer. I woudl guess that any communication they send you has been in error and part of their own fault of not being sure whom paid what/when and got refunds/chargeback when due to previosu records?

I woudl think in this instance any communication you got, the right thing to do would be to let them know you already got partial refund form them and successful charge back for the remainder. Unless your hope is that they have an accounting error and still refund what you already got back via chargeback? I am really confused by your thought that you are a customer at this stage or they need to communicate anything to you. What is your angle?

#486 6 years ago

On the note of communication for an actual customer...

I recieved a very nice an unsolicited email form the new team today which laid out their plan and timing to get our game back up to full speed. Sounds like things are ~4 weeks out. I am not holding my breath on any timing but it was very nice to get the unsolicited email which answered questions I have.

I had not emailed them as the last communication asked for patience and said they would follow up in early august. Sure enough, they followed up and it is early august. Nice to see and a proactive communication stance compared to the old team reactive one is nice.

#489 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

This thread was about refunds and getting those, not how great the new Heighway is.

they have a long ways to go to be great, but we can atleast be honest that they are turning a corner and people shoudl be allowed to be hopeful/optimitic.

We can also be honest that it appears there are only a select few people that have not gotten refunds. I agree that EVERYONE asking for a refund should get one or already gotten it, but I also give a little slack since they are obviously refunding people and there is an accounting nightmare on their hands with previous partial refunds, chanrgebacks, and possibly even people that already got chargebacks hoping for accounting mistakes and double money back. I can see why this sort of thing would take time to sort out, esp if records were not great in the past.

Your constant bashing of them is not going to help anyone else get their refund quicker. They only thing that appears to help with that is them being the squeaky wheel. Worth note with the price increase if you get out and appearance that things are starting to move in the right direction, I can see where some may not be pressing as hard for a refund when they previously were.

#492 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

That's the 2nd time you've made that comment, do you have proof of people doing that? Otherwise you shouldn't make an assumption that people are purposely committing fraud.

I said possibly. I dont have any proof nor do I need it. We know people in this situation. I would liek to think that if someone gets a chargeback and then later gets a refund that they woudl do the right thing, but some people are very jaded about this situation and have amazing abilities to talk themselves into what is 'fair' given a circumstance. My real point was that they have all sorts of iterations of chargebacks, refunds, etc... to work through (all their own fault), they appear to be working through them on a individual level, and most seem to be done. If I was them, then dealing with refunds to banks which already got chargebacks woudl be on the bottom of my list.

Quoted from chrisnack:

Your constant cheerleading of them sure gets old too. The assumption that they have turned a corner is just your opinion as well, unless there is proof that games are suddenly shipping.

your constant attempt to paint someone being very rational about the current situation in a negative light is silly. I am sticking to the facts and not allowing emotion to govern thoughts. I am not quite sure why you are still so vested in this and feel wronged? You jumped in, a short time later paid in full to jump the line, a short time after that decided for a refund, and apparantly a short time after that got a partial refund and a chargeback. You were made finacially whole and are happy with your AFMr which you spent the money on. I guess I look forward to when your bank either gets the money back or your reversal time window passes and you can hopefully leave this behind. I think the reality is that you are better off not buying any game that is not ready to ship. It is a risky thing in this day and age and can be an emotional roller coaster for sure. For me personally, I see no reason to waste the emtional investment once made whole and would just be tickled pink to have gotten all my money back and be on to a real physical game in my house

The current facts just for concise since you are not following along:
-refunds are happening
-few people requesting refund appears to have not gotten one
-communication has improved, both proactive and reactive to questions being posed
-new management appears to be making changes and setting reasonable timeline for production
-some games are going out, albeit in small numbers and to cointaker but people even posting today about games in shipment
-some games have gone out to individuals recently also (I know of one in Chicagoland that arrived 2 weeks ago)
-new management has been communicating with current owners to make plans to get games running 100%

I thing this is a turn in direction from where things were obviously leading till new management stepped in. I think these actions speak louder than words.

Obviously the next actions are current owners need to be made whole with 100% working games and then new fully funcitonal produciton games need to start going out in reasonable numbers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-refund-from-patient-supporter-to-angry-x-customer?tu=Whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.