You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will i get my money back from Highway Pinball?”

• Yes - the hero investment club will make everything all better. 100 votes
    26%
  • Maybe - if they haven't spent it all already. 83 votes
    22%
  • No way - the sham has been exposed and the investor announcemnt is just to buy more time. 202 votes
    52%

(385 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

maxresdefault (resized).jpg
clap.gif
shakeitup (resized).png
IMG_1335 (resized).JPG
AE0fzDx (resized).jpg
blowme (resized).jpg
200_s (resized).png
container01.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 6.52.56 PM.jpg
just-three-hours (resized).jpg
alienfp2.jpg
etalienfail.gif
IMG_0413 (resized).JPG
Toads (resized).jpg
young frank wrong then (resized).jpg
paperwork1 (resized).jpg
There are 790 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 16.
#401 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

buy a flamethrower and a ticket for England

If you do, I'd recommend leaving the pervitin at home or things might get ugly.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#402 6 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

I'm one of those weirdos that still wants to buy this machine now.

I will get my alien pinball in 10 weeks

#403 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I can't really teach the skill and its needs to be established from the first refund request otherwise its all for nothing, you will get the money back so while its a drag be patient, or buy a flamethrower and a ticket for England, that was my back up plan.

Good job you didn't need the back up plan. Heighway is in Wales, not England. But you are welcome to come to England any time. We take tea at around 4. Please don't be late, Her Majesty doesn't care for poor timekeeping.

#404 6 years ago

I tried to order an Alien LE from Heighway. I give up. They said talk to cointaker.. cointaker said they will contact me Monday. Sent another email to Cointaker on Tuesday, still no reply. Can't believe I have to chase them for an order. Oh well.. forget it, I give up. They don't want my money then fine. Guess, this company has a ways to go before becoming reliable. lates!
Mo!

#405 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I tried to order an Alien LE from Heighway. I give up. They said talk to cointaker.. cointaker said they will contact me Monday. Sent another email to Cointaker on Tuesday, still no reply. Can't believe I have to chase them for an order. Oh well.. forget it, I give up. They don't want my money then fine. Guess, this company has a ways to go before becoming reliable. lates!
Mo!

You order $8000 toys by email?

I'd just call Melissa at Cointaker by phone and actually talk to someone.

#406 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

This. ^^^^^^ Melissa and Chris are pros, and very easy to engage....if you truly want the machine, call her and order it.

Dont think Heighway is taking direct orders anymore.. ( smart move imho)...stated on their site...

#407 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Yes all the time, that is how I ordered my Star Wars LE, MMR LE, Tron LE, Dialed iN CE, Walking Dead LE

Thanks

#408 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Oh and my Star Trek LE.. all by email.

#409 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Oh and my Star Trek LE.. all by email.

Wow, your badass.

#410 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Wow, your badass.

Thanks I try. I just don't like wasting time trying to buy something, especially when the seller doesn't answer back. Oh well.. time to move on. Guess Ill save my money for a Monster Bash remake!

#411 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thanks I try. I just don't like wasting time trying to buy something, especially when the seller doesn't answer back. Oh well.. time to move on. Guess Ill save my money for a Monster Bash remake!

Oneangrymo(f).

I hope it isn't monster bash remake tho. I just can't get into that game as a long term keeper. Had it for 6 months and that was enough.

#412 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

cointaker was at the largest pinball show in the world last weekend and I would guess traveling back/busy packing up on Mon/Tues this week.

I know they can be pretty bad on the email communication front, but in this case there is likely a valid reason for it.

#413 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

cointaker was at the largest pinball show in the world last weekend and I would guess traveling back/busy packing up on Mon/Tues this week.
I know they can be pretty bad on the email communication front, but in this case there is likely a valid reason for it.

Yeah I will call them, thanks guys

#414 6 years ago

Oneangrymo(f) is going to call Cointaker to straighten things out. After saying hi, he's going to ask them to answer his damn emails!

#415 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Mo!

I've had that happen with Cointaker, but with voicemail... it can certainly drive a person a little batty

#416 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I've had that happen with Cointaker, but with voicemail... it can certainly drive a person a little batty

They do stay busy, and have other business outside of CT.....I've never met better people, however, so you should have zero concerns....Melissa will return the call...

#417 6 years ago

Took 3 months but my refund has now been completed

Fair play and good luck to the new owners really hope they can still pull it off

May revisit in a couple of years when HP are less of an unknown but to be out of the pre order game feels great.

#418 6 years ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

Fair play and good luck to the new owners really hope they can still pull it off
May revisit in a couple of years when HP are less of an unknown but to be out of the pre order game feels great.

I see some people were refunded rather quickly but yours took 3 months. What was the cause of the delay in your situation?

#419 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I see some people were refunded rather quickly but yours took 3 months. What was the cause of the delay in your situation?

I cut them way too much slack. Got my refund relatively quickly after I lost my patience!

#420 6 years ago

The thing that I just don't understand at the moment... their company is in the shit, money is flying out the door to refund people in order to save what little of their reputation is left. So what do they do, hike up the UK price by about 3k over the initial pre-order price?! Surely the obvious move is to encourage more orders in the short term, not drive people away?

I understand the tactic in that they need all the money they can get - but how is that going to keep the company afloat past Alien?

#421 6 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

But you are welcome to come to England any time

I think I'll pass.

#422 6 years ago

That was quite a podcast posted by Kaneda last night (he interviewed the artist that drew the LE backless). Crazy how deep the lies and deception go.

#423 6 years ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

Super congrats!!!! now we're down to 2? Neph and Toads?

#424 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

That was quite a podcast posted by Kaneda last night (he interviewed the artist that drew the LE backless). Crazy how deep the lies and deception go.

I don't listen to his podcasts.....care to share an overview?

#425 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I don't listen to his podcasts.....care to share an overview?

There never was approved LE artwork... the artist was hired last minute... was promised compensation that was never received from Andrew (that has eventually been paid). It's kind of a sad story, to be honest. Heighway wasn't being truthful with customers. :-/

It's an interesting listen because the artist gives a look behind the scenes... what he was told...not told... etc.

#426 6 years ago

Sooo where does that leave the approved LE artwork. interesting...

--Jeff
LE #223

#427 6 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Sooo where does that leave the approved LE artwork. interesting...
--Jeff
LE #223

I think the current art was approved... but for months prior, HP was claiming the art was waiting for approval. Apparently the art didn't even exist.

#429 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I think the current art was approved... but for months prior, HP was claiming the art was waiting for approval. Apparently the art didn't even exist.

It's sad to learn how deep the deceptions were going.

The only positive is that the company was saved, and there wasn't another clusterf___ of burned pinheads around here.

#430 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Good thing Heighway is no longer Andrew Heighway's Heighway.

I think you meant "how deep the lies and deceptions went".

#431 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

There never was approved LE artwork... the artist was hired last minute... was promised compensation that was never received from Andrew (that has eventually been paid). It's kind of a sad story, to be honest. Heighway wasn't being truthful with customers. :-/
It's an interesting listen because the artist gives a look behind the scenes... what he was told...not told... etc.

I believe the long, long wait was for general artwork, not the LE. Those that have had a truthful look throughout this process ( I stated some time back) could easily see it was cash, not the artwork, that was holding things back. Artwork was used, but obviously not the reason for delay.

Andrew was reaching for straws......I think it's awesome that this ship seems to be sorted, and incredibly sad that some relish the " I told you so" mentality....( not referencing the artist, but rather the person who's drive to generate the podcast came as a direct derivative of this machine, and certain people involved, amongst other things) Like it, agree or not, is what it is.

I'm glad this unfortunate page has turned, and these things will start rolling....had contact w Morgan this morning...

I think unboxing videos will really get things where they need to be.

#432 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Mo!

I've only done business with Cointaker once, but I felt like their communication wasn't the best. There were times they said they'd contact me to follow up with things like deposits, etc. From what I've experienced, it wasn't because this is the Alien machine. It's because Cointaker could communicate better.

#433 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It's sad to learn how deep the deceptions were going.
The only positive is that the company was saved, and there wasn't another clusterf___ of burned pinheads around here.

"Was saved"... I don't think anyone can make a statement like that right now. Maybe 3 or 4 years down the road? Maybe. But as of right now, anyone convincing themselves that everything is honky-dory is only setting up for another fail.

That's just my conservative opinion of course -- not trying to rain on anyone's parade or tell people not to go after the game.

Frankly, this new ownership should put the breaks on things, and revisit the game's art. Just listening to the artist in the interview, that discussion was out there.

#434 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm glad this unfortunate page has turned, and these things will start rolling....had contact w Morgan this morning...
I think unboxing videos will really get things where they need to be.

They also need to improve their support of existing customers.

#435 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

They also need to improve their support of existing customers.

Agreed....hoping true time and proper efforts devoted to both will yield positive results.....just a hope ( bu justified) at this point.

#436 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

"Was saved"... I don't think anyone can make a statement like that right now. Maybe 3 or 4 years down the road? Maybe. But as of right now, anyone convincing themselves that everything is honky-dory is only setting up for another fail.

Every pre-order was about to lose their money. Now most who wanted refunds have gotten their money, and those that stayed in will likely have machines. That is "saved" to me. Who knows what the future holds.

Quoted from 27dnast:

Frankly, this new ownership should put the breaks on things, and revisit the game's art. Just listening to the artist in the interview, that discussion was out there.

they need to do what Andrew should have done and ship the game. Toiling forever is recipe for disaster. Had Andrew built an acceptable Alien on his existing Heighway platform, and not waste money for years trying to make it the ultimate game because Alien is his favorite movie of all time, who knows where they'd be today. But likely on release 4 or 5 or something.

#437 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

You're kidding, right? Putting the " brakes" on is a certain death blow. They've refunded the majority....standard artwork HAS the FOX stamp on it, and not much reason to doubt the LE hasn't followed the same course.

Those that want this to fail ( from a "conservative " standpoint) will maybe get their wish ( for whatever f**king reason).

Those that want this to succeed now have more reason than ever to believe in it ....they wouldn't have refunded a dime or shipped a single machine if the intent was to bail.....tired of repeating the obvious...whatever...

#438 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Every pre-order was about to lose their money. Now most who wanted refunds have gotten their money, and those that stayed in will likely have machines. That is "saved" to me. Who knows what the future holds.

they need to do what Andrew should have done and ship the game. Toiling forever is recipe for disaster. Had Andrew built an acceptable Alien on his existing Heighway platform, and not waste money for years trying to make it the ultimate game because Alien is his favorite movie of all time, who knows where they'd be today. But likely on release 4 or 5 or something.

Spot on Sir!!!

And those with malice intentions will have no choice but to finally shut their mouth......Ship games, ship games....support games...story over

#439 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

You're kidding, right? Putting the " brakes" on is a certain death blow. They've refunded the majority....standard artwork HAS the FOX stamp on it, and not much reason to doubt the LE hasn't followed the same course.
Those that want this to fail ( from a "conservative " standpoint) will maybe get their wish ( for whatever f**king reason).
Those that want this to succeed now have more reason than ever to believe in it ....they wouldn't have refunded a dime or shipped a single machine if the intent was to bail.....tired of repeating the obvious...whatever...

I don't think anyone wants HP to fail. I certainly don't

#440 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Yes, the funds might leave your bank account immediately, but that doesn't mean that the recipient receives it immediately. Funds can often go through payment processors and intermediary banks before the payment is actually settled to the end account.

#441 6 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

The thing that I just don't understand at the moment... their company is in the shit, money is flying out the door to refund people in order to save what little of their reputation is left. So what do they do, hike up the UK price by about 3k over the initial pre-order price?! Surely the obvious move is to encourage more orders in the short term, not drive people away?
I understand the tactic in that they need all the money they can get - but how is that going to keep the company afloat past Alien?

Merely a theory but I suspect their costs went up and that price is the only profitable way to sell a game. Sales are only good if you profit on them.

#442 6 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

One reason for such a large increase in price may be to reduce the number of people asking for refunds.

#443 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

One reason for such a large increase in price may be to reduce the number of people asking for refunds.

Suspect the original price was not fiscally sound ( a piece as to why they ran out of money)...not hard to imagine these came in above cost, given the innovation, etc. deployed.

New company/ machines have to be profitable, and they know that. Give what an "LE" anything costs recently, they are staying in line, and have hopefully found the margin they need to be sustainable (hopefully).

#444 6 years ago

Ok.. so I called and asked to order an Alien LE yesterday. Mind you ,I had emailed them about 2-3 times already. Was advised to email and an invoice would be sent to me. Emailed... been about 24 hours, no response. Should I keep going after it, or should I call it a day and move on to something else? I mean is it really worth all this time Im putting into just trying to buy it??

Mo!

#445 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ok.. so I called and asked to order an Alien LE yesterday. Mind you ,I had emailed them about 2-3 times already. Was advised to email and an invoice would be sent to me. Emailed... been about 24 hours, no response. Should I keep going after it, or should I call it a day and move on to something else? I mean is it really worth all this time Im putting into just trying to buy it??
Mo!

Maybe they are purposely not trying to sell it to me because they know its crap???

#446 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I mean is it really worth all this time Im putting into just trying to buy it??

You are one angry mo

#447 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

You are one angry mo

Yeah I give up, I guess Ill just want till someone has a working HUO to sell someday. Sigh. Tired.... all energy gone.

#448 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yeah I give up, I guess Ill just want till someone has a working HUO to sell someday. Sigh. Tired.... all energy gone.

No need to give up. Just wait until Cointaker has them in stock to buy.

I don't see much upside in pre-ordering at this point.

#449 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

No need to give up. Just wait until Cointaker has them in stock to buy.
I don't see much upside in pre-ordering at this point.

Oh I thought there weren't that many LEs left. Ok guess I will just wait it out and see what happens.. but no more stress trying to buy something.. buying should be a fun experience.
lates!

#450 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Oh I thought there weren't that many LEs left. Ok guess I will just wait it out and see what happens.. but no more stress trying to buy something.. buying should be a fun experience.
lates!

I think at one point there weren't too many left, but now I would think there are plenty given all the dropouts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 790 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-refund-from-patient-supporter-to-angry-x-customer/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.