You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will i get my money back from Highway Pinball?”

• Yes - the hero investment club will make everything all better. 100 votes
    26%
  • Maybe - if they haven't spent it all already. 83 votes
    22%
  • No way - the sham has been exposed and the investor announcemnt is just to buy more time. 202 votes
    52%

(385 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

maxresdefault (resized).jpg
clap.gif
shakeitup (resized).png
IMG_1335 (resized).JPG
AE0fzDx (resized).jpg
blowme (resized).jpg
200_s (resized).png
container01.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 6.52.56 PM.jpg
just-three-hours (resized).jpg
alienfp2.jpg
etalienfail.gif
IMG_0413 (resized).JPG
Toads (resized).jpg
young frank wrong then (resized).jpg
paperwork1 (resized).jpg
There are 790 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 16.
#351 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

The two-week carrot dangle act CONtinues. Maybe this time is real.

so which one is it? Can't be real and a carrot dangle act?

#352 6 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Still no refund for me.

Quoted from MK6PIN:

Man...they gotta make this right....hopefully very soon....

Donl;t worry once they get a couple new pre-orders in you'll get a refund

#353 6 years ago

Yeah, don't go thinking they madeoff with all you pre-order money just yet.

#354 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, don't go thinking they madeoff with all you pre-order money just yet.

No dilusions here...." made off with", "already spent", or "ran out of money to complete" are things that are easy to believe with first round.....I choose the last. Regardless...old money is gone.

Counting on new money to finalize all refunds and get these going. Why would they ( new group) ship/ refund anything if this was truly tanked? That's what's been happening.....

Anyway...speculative thinking on my part.....

#355 6 years ago

New owners re-invested more money. New owners selling new pins ONLY thru reputable distributors. Can they even take deposits through their website anymore? I thought you can't order direct any more?? I doubt they are that desperate and so broke they need deposits sent in for your bank roll conspiracy theories. You boys are running out of silly things to make up!

#356 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

New owners re-invested more money. New owners selling new pins ONLY thru reputable distributors. Can they even take deposits through their website anymore? I thought you can't order direct any more?? I doubt they are that desperate and so broke they need deposits sent in for your bank roll conspiracy theories. You boys are running out of silly things to make up!

This ^^^^ Melissa and Chris received 4, expressed communication and business stuff way better.....have made quite a few ( if not all, yet) refund requests whole, slowly getting machines out.....these are all positive, not negative signs. I'll stop restating the obvious......good news is a much boring read than pitchforks.....looking forward to my email on armor, screen choice, etc.

Hopefully, my next post here will be my game shipping info.....

#357 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

This ^^^^ Melissa and Chris received 4, expressed communication and business stuff way better.....have made quite a few ( if not all, yet) refund requests whole, slowly getting machines out.....these are all positive, not negative signs. I'll stop restating the obvious......good news is a much boring read than pitchforks.....looking forward to my email on armor, screen choice, etc.
Hopefully, my next post here will be my game shipping info.....

People like to complain, and I think there are some sour grapes from whose who were poo pooing the project and proclaiming Alien was doomed to fail, and pulled out. Now that things are looking positive, I suspect there is some resentment from the realization they may have been wrong.

#358 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

People like to complain, and I think there are some sour grapes from whose who were poo pooing the project and proclaiming Alien was doomed to fail, and pulled out. Now that things are looking positive, I suspect there is some resentment from the realization they may have been wrong.

No resentment on my part. I was in from the beginning for an LE 175. The reason I pulled out was I wasn't comfortable with the situation and amount of issues still not resolved with the company and game. I hope the game is produced in great amounts and turns out to be a amazing game. It's not about being wrong. If Aliens turns out to be top shelf, reliable with parts available and support, I'll be purchasing a LE.. I felt better at this time having all my money in the bank. Good luck to all for games or refunds.

#359 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

New owners re-invested more money. You boys are running out of silly things to make up!

Apparently they haven't invested that money to pay back all those still patently waiting for refunds while they continue to take new orders.

#360 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Apparently they haven't invested that money to pay back all those still patently waiting for refunds while they continue to take new orders.

A lot (probably most) have received their refunds...some havn't. But you and I are not privy to the details. I know a lot of people who've asked for a refund and got it in a reasonable time frame since the takeover. We've seen reports of others not being so timely but we don't know any of the details on those. I do agree that anyone asking for a refund should get it ASAP.

#361 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

But you and I are not privy to the details.

This. For all we know someone doesn't know their routing number or swift code. Sometimes the receiving bank has to process through an intermediary bank, and the numbers need to be provided accordingly.

#362 6 years ago

The details I do know is when you send in money for something, you can darn well bet the transfer of funds is almost instantaneous. Why should it be like pulling teeth when it goes the other way? I wouldn't deal with anybody that drags their feet on something like this.

#363 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The details I do know is when you send in money for something, you can darn well bet the transfer of funds is almost instantaneous.

It wasn't for me actually, I also had to call my bank and then they said it was ready but who knows how long it was sitting there until I called. The refunds need to be sent out and completed thats a given, how many people r left? It would be nice to see a number from pinside anyway, if you haven't gotten a refund then post it here. Lets see how many r still waiting, can't be a too many left because ones things for sure angry pinsiders waiting for refunds don't seem to be shy in posting their frustration, It took me 2 weeks, now I'm a talented bull shit artist and worked that into my refund so maybe they moved a bit quicker, I had nothing but good communication and the feeling is this pin will be made in mass and I believe sell in mass, why would they refund some of us and hold back on others? if that's a plan to keep funds they they are the dumbest criminals I've ever encountered. I also don't really mind the price increase, these guys are business men and if that's what it takes to get this pin working 100% and shipping to customers with this theme and from I've seen great gameplay then its worth it, also I'm not sure if its be stated yet but does this increase now include the 27" inch. Bottom line for me I can't wait to own this game, with what a Stern LE costs or DI its not that much considering what u get.

#364 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The details I do know is when you send in money for something, you can darn well bet the transfer of funds is almost instantaneous. Why should it be like pulling teeth when it goes the other way? I wouldn't deal with anybody that drags their feet on something like this.

Yes, the funds might leave your bank account immediately, but that doesn't mean that the recipient receives it immediately. Funds can often go through payment processors and intermediary banks before the payment is actually settled to the end account.

#365 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

It took me 2 weeks.

It's this inconsistency that's really pissing me off. I requested refund 4th May so that's over 12 weeks so far

The last email off them was the usual appology/we are on it/ will get back to you

It's an absolute joke

#366 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Yes, the funds might leave your bank account immediately, but that doesn't mean that the recipient receives it immediately. Funds can often go through payment processors and intermediary banks before the payment is actually settled to the end account.

payment processors? intermediary banks ... never heard of it.

i can wire anything from here, to major countries, and it will be in the end account within 24hours... bank to bank...
and it should be the same from the other end..

#367 6 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

payment processors? intermediary banks ... never heard of it.
i can wire anything from here, to major countries, and it will be in the end account within 24hours... bank to bank...
and it should be the same from the other end..

This is so wrong for so many reasons - you very obviously have very little knowledge how international money transfers are conducted by your nonsensical response.

Just because "you" haven't heard of intermediary banks doesn't change the FACT that they are involved in a very large number of international money transfers and account for the often perceived high cost of such transfers.

Yes, sometimes an international transfer will finalise in a 24hr timeframe but that is the exception, NOT the rule.

#368 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Yes, sometimes an international transfer will finalize in a 24hr timeframe but that is the exception, NOT the rule.

True this!

#369 6 years ago

So I count 2 pinsiders not being refunded yet ( from all the group).... Neph and Drinkduff.....any others?

#370 6 years ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

It's this inconsistency that's really pissing me off. I requested refund 4th May so that's over 12 weeks so far
The last email off them was the usual appology/we are on it/ will get back to you
It's an absolute joke

So that was back when Andrew was still in charge. I'm assuming you've made direct contact with one of the new owners since then?

#371 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

So that was back when Andrew was still in charge. I'm assuming you've made direct contact with one of the new owners since then?

New owners no but last email was from Morgan a couple of days ago. May as well have come straight from Andrew

See my post #305 in this thread for the email received

#372 6 years ago

I'm still waiting to hear whether or not this game is any *good*

#373 6 years ago

New owners no but last email was from Morgan a couple of days ago. May as well have come straight from Andrew

Hope they get you squared in short order ( suspect if your request started through the first regime it would have certainly slowed things up) Andrew had fought all the battles and overspent ( obviously) to get the machine to the finish line, then couldnt cross it..given the decent mess the new owners were left with, I think they've made nice progress in a reasonable timeline. I'm convinced this machine is going to be something quite special. So are the new investors, or this effort would never be at this point.

How many Kevin or Jshit refunds/ machines were ever delivered? Doesnt justify the poor business aspects of Heighway "rev1", but puts a perspective on it.

#374 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So I count 2 pinsiders not being refunded yet ( from all the group).... Neph and Drinkduff.....any others?

I got my Alien deposit refund... from an HP authorized dealer. Took 20 days from first request to receiving the check.

#375 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

I got my Alien deposit refund... from an HP authorized dealer. Took 20 days from first request to receiving the check.

Excellent!!!

#376 6 years ago

Also, remember that Heighway would need to verify that the person asking for the refund is correct, and the bank details consistent. Otherwise, there could be a potential fraud issue if someone contacted Heighway, claimed to be you (@drinkduffbeers) - but wasn't. Then provided Heighway other bank details (that isn't yours).

Heighway needs to verify this, and check the refund hasn't already been paid to you, and is the right amount, etc. It's not a case of someone is upset, and Heighway rushes to refund without doing due diligence. What if they paid the wrong person, because of all the pressure.... Who would have to wear that error? They would, so it makes sense that they want to make sure everything is verified.

#377 6 years ago

The last info i got is that i will have my alien pinball in 10 weeks tops

#378 6 years ago

The best thing for my hobby sanity has been giving up on Alien(received my refund) and new pinball machines in general.

Not sure why I thought $5k-$7k was a good deal for ONE machine. Effing nuts.

Glad to see refunds still trickling in. Good luck to you long termers.

#379 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I've been waiting for months as well.. According to Morgan I was wired the money weeks ago.. funny it hasn't shown up...

#380 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

The count is much higher than that, a lot of them just haven't posted on here due to the drama... I've been waiting for months as well.. According to Morgan I was wired the money weeks ago.. funny it hasn't shown up...

I sort of feel the opposite.....most who have not been made whole have been ( and should be) posting here, so we can get a gauge on actual money, grief, still at stake.

More have posted that they HAVE received refunds than not.....you make #3. Please help us understand...is there 10k, 100k out there? I know this is only Pinside, but believe a big part of the preorder community ( they advertised here).

I sincerely want everyone refunded asap, and sincerely want to know how widespread this really is....

#381 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

The count is much higher than that, a lot of them just haven't posted on here due to the drama... I've been waiting for months as well.. According to Morgan I was wired the money weeks ago.. funny it hasn't shown up...

You need to check with ur bank, u have probably done that but mine sat there for a few days until I called.

#382 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Are there more than the 4 you were talking about 2 months ago?

Quoted from chrisnack:

The other 4 guys who asked for refunds within days of me

Just wanted to know if there is some sort of hidden group where people are keeping track of current status as it sounds like you have some info that is quite different that what is being posted recently on Pinside.

Did you not end up getting the full chargeback issued to you a while ago (when Andrew was still involved)?

Quoted from chrisnack:

I will reiterate that I only got my "refund" by filing claims against them

It really does seem at this stage that the majority of people requesting money have gotten it back. We saw the photo of cointaker get 4 games a week ago. Just today I was picking up a game in IL and was told the guy down the way just got a new batch game last week.

I mean, I know you are full on hate mode (dont blame you), but seems like things are in a better spot now and moving in the right direction at least, right? Are things dramatically different than what we are seeing/hearing here?

#383 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Are there more than the 4 you were talking about 2 months ago?

Just wanted to know if there is some sort of hidden group where people are keeping track of current status as it sounds like you have some info that is quite different that what is being posted recently on Pinside.
Did you not end up getting the full chargeback issued to you a while ago (when Andrew was still involved)?

It really does seem at this stage that the majority of people requesting money have gotten it back. We saw the photo of cointaker get 4 games a week ago. Just today I was picking up a game in IL and was told the guy down the way just got a new batch game last week.
I mean, I know you are full on hate mode (dont blame you), but seems like things are in a better spot now and moving in the right direction at least, right? Are things dramatically different than what we are seeing/hearing here?

This ^^^^^^ a quick search stated you got your chargeback in Andrew days...is that not true?

I'd also like the " secret list" ...no reason to be secret on this now......

Disgruntled, pissed, untrusting....I get it. Spreading falsities because of it?.... I don't

Just some names, #'s, and truths, please....

#384 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Toads is still in limbo.

Of upcoming pins, Alien and TnA are the two I am considering buying. Looking forward to playing SW prem, Houdini, Dialed-In and TBL on location.

#385 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Toads is still in limbo.
Of upcoming pins, Alien and TnA are the two I am considering buying. Looking forward to playing SW prem, Houdini, Dialed-In and TBL on location.

Thanks for the update....I'll use "5" as my magic # ( although I think that's hi, personally). We can then believe if all 5 had paid in full LE Money in, we're looking at around $40k max total, correct? Hard to believe this kind of money is worth the new investors group to bail. They've easily refunded more than that already.

" one right doesn't offset one wrong"...old but true business saying. I'm believing in a lot of " rights" in upcoming months, given the strength of the machine....

Innocent question- I was never in on TBL ( didn't interest me).....is everyone whole over there? Guess I could dive through that thread....

#386 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

This is so wrong for so many reasons - you very obviously have very little knowledge how international money transfers are conducted by your nonsensical response.
Just because "you" haven't heard of intermediary banks doesn't change the FACT that they are involved in a very large number of international money transfers and account for the often perceived high cost of such transfers.
Yes, sometimes an international transfer will finalise in a 24hr timeframe but that is the exception, NOT the rule.

i didnt say anything about a rule.

this is in my experience thats all, having done many international money transfers.

#387 6 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

i didnt say anything about a rule.
this is in my experience thats all, having done many international money transfers.

You said exactly this:

"payment processors? intermediary banks ... never heard of it"

Well, they DO exist and they DO cause transfer delays and additional expenses - you have been fortunate it seems in this regard but your experiences are certainly NOT the 'norm'.

#388 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Disgruntled I am. All I see is the same pattern of lies and stringing people along. It does seem like stuff is moving along but in my opinion not a single game should have shipped until everyone had their refunds.

I did get my money via chargeback. But Heighway still has $4600 that doesn't belong to them. The refund will simply go to my bank, they will reverse the charge back once it shows up.

As far as I'm concerned they effectively stole the money until its refunded back to my bank.

#389 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Disgruntled I am. All I see is the same pattern of lies and stringing people along. It does seem like stuff is moving along but in my opinion not a single game should have shipped until everyone had their refunds.
I did get my money via chargeback. But Heighway still has $4600 that doesn't belong to them. The refund will simply go to my bank, they will reverse the charge back once it shows up.
As far as I'm concerned they effectively stole the money until its refunded back to my bank.

How do yo know they have not paid back your bank? I have had a similar chargeback issue where my bank took care of me, but I was unable to find out if they ever got paid back by the vendor.

#390 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

How do yo know they have not paid back your bank? I have had a similar chargeback issue where my bank took care of me, but I was unable to find out if they ever got paid back by the vendor.

Heighway contacted me about it, not the other way around it. Pretty sure they wouldn't have contacted me if they had refunded the bank already. I haven't pushed the issue, I gave them the bank info and have just been waiting. I was simply stating that I was told it was processed a few weeks ago, but nothing has been wired yet.

#391 6 years ago

#392 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Heighway contacted me about it, not the other way around it. Pretty sure they wouldn't have contacted me if they had refunded the bank already. I haven't pushed the issue, I gave them the bank info and have just been waiting. I was simply stating that I was told it was processed a few weeks ago, but nothing has been wired yet.

So YOU got refunded completely via chargeback, and are concerned the BANK didn't get their money, due to the fact that Heighway reached out to you for more info?

Yes, you are disgruntled, and sorry you had to go through extra steps to get your funds back. I wouldn't worry about the Bank. They do just fine getting theirs. Are you waiting for them (Bank) to notify you that they got their funds back from Heighway? Weird.

You got your money back, and will have a bad taste on the dealings with Heighway (version 1). Be grateful you weren't screwed on the cash, live with the rest, and move on.

My estimate on unsettled matters w pinsiders is now 3 .....Neph, Drinkduff, and Toads. Please post to update...thanks...

#393 6 years ago

Who gives a shit about the banks? come on man you got ur money and obviously are finished with this company so move on, once I got my money back from the CC company via Predator I was done with it and I certainly couldn't care less whether the CC people were taking care of.

#394 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Who gives a shit about the banks? come on man you got ur money and obviously are finished with this company so move on, once I got my money back from the CC company via Predator I was done with it and I certainly couldn't care less whether the CC people were taking care of.

So what exactly did you do to get refunded in 2 weeks ??? Any tips?

Believe me I too want to move on

#395 6 years ago

I'm one of those weirdos that still wants to buy this machine now.

#396 6 years ago

I must be one of the weirdos that was never impressed with the machine or the theme to begin with.

And had no intention of sending any money to some fly by night company that in the end would have probably left me hanging or ripped me off.

#397 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I must be one of the weirdos that was never impressed with the machine or the theme to begin with.
And had no intention of sending any money to some fly by night company that in the end would have probably left me hanging or ripped me off.

I'm the weirdo that changed his avatar years ago because it is a grail theme for me....and of course, I still have skin in the game because I want it

Counting on your second sentence to be wrong, however........

Thumbed up your post just because I wanted to (and you are a BM66 alumni like me).......

#398 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

you are a BM66 alumni like me

I was sure when I sold it months ago, an epic code drop would probably happen in the next few days. I guess I was wrong about that. Or right for getting rid of it when I did.

#399 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I was sure when I sold it months ago, an epic code drop would probably happen in the next few days. I guess I was wrong about that. Or right for getting rid of it when I did.

(wrong thread, but posting to O-din anyway.....better than some of this banter lately....)

It actually is quite fun with .75, despite what people say....I still love mine, and the code will come, making it even better, imho....

#400 6 years ago

So what exactly did you do to get refunded in 2 weeks ??? Any tips?
Believe me I too want to move on

I can't really teach the skill and its needs to be established from the first refund request otherwise its all for nothing, you will get the money back so while its a drag be patient, or buy a flamethrower and a ticket for England, that was my back up plan.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

9,799 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

There are 790 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-refund-from-patient-supporter-to-angry-x-customer/page/8?hl=touchingevil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.