You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will i get my money back from Highway Pinball?”

• Yes - the hero investment club will make everything all better. 100 votes
    26%
  • Maybe - if they haven't spent it all already. 83 votes
    22%
  • No way - the sham has been exposed and the investor announcemnt is just to buy more time. 202 votes
    52%

(385 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

maxresdefault (resized).jpg
clap.gif
shakeitup (resized).png
IMG_1335 (resized).JPG
AE0fzDx (resized).jpg
blowme (resized).jpg
200_s (resized).png
container01.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 6.52.56 PM.jpg
just-three-hours (resized).jpg
alienfp2.jpg
etalienfail.gif
IMG_0413 (resized).JPG
Toads (resized).jpg
young frank wrong then (resized).jpg
paperwork1 (resized).jpg
There are 790 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 16.
#301 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

the accounting department

LLLLLmfao!

#302 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I am thinking this as well. Can't wait to see what the CoinTaker games are like. I hope this all has a happy ending.

Hopefully they have the Xeno (or whatever it's called as I know nothing about the movie/teevee show) mech that mr. hydrofoil CONveniently left out from the last machines he shipped.

#303 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I hope this all has a happy ending.

#304 6 years ago

The money people keep dumping into this project could probably buy a lifetime's worth of happy endings.

#305 6 years ago

So I got an update on my refund today.

Id never normally copy private emails but bollocks I'm well past caring.........................

I understand that your refund is going through bank transfer and I will chase up where we are with your refund and hopefully have a resolution to your issue in sort time. I am so sorry that this process has taken so long but we will endeavour to get this matter resolved for you as soon as possible.

As I have stated I will chase this up and get back to you with a time scale of when your refund should be with you.

Thank you for your time and I hope to be in contact soon.

#306 6 years ago

I do not question their desire to give a refund to everyone that wants one, however this is a very small company, and I would probably bet there is no "accounting department". All of this BS about stuff getting hung up at the bank, or the accounting department is pure fluff, and I think everyone has had enough of that to last a lifetime. I have wired money back and forth to GB many times, and this is not a hard thing to accomplish. It should only take a day. They obviously got more refund requests than they anticipated, and they don't want to keep shelling out money. I'm sure they figure the longer they drag this out, the more likely some folks will decide to stay in once some games hit the street.

#307 6 years ago

I agree it's taking long but you are only ASSUMING they received more refund requests than anticipated. (unless you have actual numbers?) I also don't think the longer they wait- the better chance people will jump back on board. that's ridiculous and would never work. and a company that doesn't have an accounting department?! seriously! c'mon.

#309 6 years ago

hey manimal..I'm just trying to remain optimistic on this pin and hope it gets mass produced! all signs starting to indicate the new company is up to the challenge and know what their doing..people getting money refunded ..people getting pins.. positive vibes only!! would love to see a pinsider post pics of a recent unboxing soon!! cheers

#310 6 years ago

The accounting department is bogged down ordering parts for games with the refund money.

#311 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The accounting department is bogged down ordering parts for games with the refund money.

Is this true? I ask because you state this as fact.

#312 6 years ago

Disclaimer- It's only what I gathered from reading this thread.

#313 6 years ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

So I got an update on my refund today.
Id never normally copy private emails but bollocks I'm well past caring.........................
I understand that your refund is going through bank transfer and I will chase up where we are with your refund and hopefully have a resolution to your issue in sort time. I am so sorry that this process has taken so long but we will endeavour to get this matter resolved for you as soon as possible.
As I have stated I will chase this up and get back to you with a time scale of when your refund should be with you.
Thank you for your time and I hope to be in contact soon.

I'm getting the same BS run around emails as well.

#314 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

I'm getting the same BS run around emails as well.

I got one as well, its only been a couple weeks but its apparently in transit and I should make sure my bank hasn't rejected it or something like that. I actually really need some of this refund for another issue so I will be all over this the next few days.

#315 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I also don't think the longer they wait- the better chance people will jump back on board. that's ridiculous and would never work.

You left out the part where he said, "...once some games hit the street."

It may be stating the obvious but people really want this game. They also don't want to lose their money.

In my psychology, if I back out of the game at the pre-order price, it's unlikely I'll buy back in at a much higher price later.

If there are many others like me, it's in the new owners best interest to do everything they can to keep people in until they can show real progress shipping games, even if they could immediately grant all the refund requests.

This may mean dribbling out refunds to show they have the money to refund people and prevent a run on the bank.

It may mean shipping a few games out even though the production line isn't up yet to show games are being made.

All my opinions only, I have no inside knowledge.

#316 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I got one as well, its only been a couple weeks but its apparently in transit and I should make sure my bank hasn't rejected it or something like that. I actually really need some of this refund for another issue so I will be all over this the next few days.

I'm thinking of emailing them every hour until I receive my refund

#317 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

I'm thinking of emailing them every hour until I receive my refund

Eloqua or Marketo can help with that.

#318 6 years ago

how many refunds you think were requested?!

#319 6 years ago

More than they seem to be able to process in a reasonable amount of time.

#320 6 years ago

It's been almost 90 days of getting the runaround from these guys. Like others, I've gotten all the bs emails and assurances that they would be looking into the cause of my refund delay asap, etc.

Last email I received was yesterday from Morgan stating "I have just had confirmation that your refund is processed and that you should have the money back with you by Friday at the latest."

I'll report back Friday with the outcome.

#321 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

In my psychology, if I back out of the game at the pre-order price, it's unlikely I'll buy back in at a much higher price later.

Exactly where I'm at right now. Though I talk myself out of jumping ship every day. The new price looks like its jumped a grand, at least that's what it looks like on Cointakers site (8k for standard). There is no way I would jump back in at that price. So once I'm out....I'm out.

#322 6 years ago

I've asked for a refund because the company has done the wrong thing by me and the longer the refunds take the worse that gets.
It won't matter to me if I get a refund or not. I won't be purchasing from this company ever again.

#323 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

It won't matter to me if I get a refund or not.

#324 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

I've asked for a refund because the company has done the wrong thing by me and the longer the refunds take the worse that gets.
It won't matter to me if I get a refund or not. I won't be purchasing from this company ever again.

I can appreciate what Toads is trying to convey...While the new owners are doing an adequate job of keeping everyone placated, I fear the damage is already done. I hold no rancor towards them or Andrew, but for some reason, this pin just seems to have bad ju-ju. Too many promises, too many changes, too many lies. It's just 'dirty' to me now and I've moved on.

#325 6 years ago

Honestly with all that has happened with this company in the last 6 months & the lessons learn from other failed pinball startups, I'm shocked everyone hasn't asked for a refund, especially those who are paid in full & have the most to lose.

I wish them well on turning this around & making Heighway a success, but that's a pretty big unknown at this point. They have lost a lot of customers who have supported this project for years, and that has to have some effect.

The thing that kept me up at night, when things started to go south, was that I could potentially end up down the road with a dream theme pin, with questionable build quality, no game manual to troubleshoot issues, no customer support or ability to order parts, and a company that might not be around in a few years. Add in the fact that I'm paying close to $9K for this pin, with so many unanswered questions, that you quickly take off the rose colored glasses & embrace reality.

It looks like a great pin, but I'm glad I'm out. I'm thankful beyond words I received my refund. I hope everyone else gets theirs too.

#326 6 years ago

Another minor point of unrelated disapointment.....I will also add that I've always felt it was pretty fricking lame not to have Ripley featured in this pin, either on cabinet art, code, wherever. They tried to get her rights & failed (perhaps due to a Stern cockblock), then tried to rationalize it like it was a good thing. Well I don't care how you rationalize it or what excuses were used. She is the focal point (and your emotional connection) of the entire damn Alien franchise. It's like having Star Wars without Darth Vader. Just look at any Alien movie without Ripley or the SW Prequels.... they're awful. No Ripley always rubbed me the wrong way, like a lost opportunity. I digress...

#327 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

The thing that kept me up at night, when things started to go south, was that I could potentially end up down the road with a dream theme pin, with questionable build quality, no game manual to troubleshoot issues, no customer support or ability to order parts, and a company that might not be around in a few years.

Yep. That is exactly my concern at this point as well. I do feel that games will ship and orders will get filled eventually. Its the longer term support that I worry over. 8-9k game that could have issues down the road with a big question mark of there being a company to stand behind it or even have any parts available. Especially if there is limited quantities of the game out there.

#328 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Yep. That is exactly my concern at this point as well. I do feel that games will ship and orders will get filled eventually. Its the longer term support that I worry over. 8-9k game that could have issues down the road with a big question mark of there being a company to stand behind it or even have any parts available. Especially if there is limited quantities of the game out there.

Can't you just stock up on parts, like the flippers as a contingency?

#329 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

DANGER: The refund thought process is now activated. Your fears & anxieties will detonate in T-minus 10 minutes. The option to override your concerns expires in T-minus 5 minutes.

#330 6 years ago

Can those that donated time to this thread without pre-ordering the game also get a refund?

#331 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

, I'm shocked everyone hasn't asked for a refund

That's pride for you...it's probably not even about wanting the pin at this point...you know the type...lost like a motherf'er, but won't dare stop and ask for directions...

#332 6 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

That's pride for you...it's probably not even about wanting the pin at this point...you know the type...lost like a motherf'er, but won't dare stop and ask for directions...

I still think it's the best NIB game right now (or soon will be if you prefer). I don't have my head in the sand on this one...I'm in for a deposit that I can still get back if I want it...guaranteed (for now). Future support could be an issue but if it's a good game it will get supported one way or another...even if Heighway is no longer around. It's not rocket science making these things work. Might become a bit of a PITA but there will always be a way to keep it going.

#333 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I still think it's the best NIB game right now (or soon will be if you prefer). I don't have my head in the sand on this one...I'm in for a deposit that I can still get back if I want it...guaranteed (for now). Future support could be an issue but if it's a good game it will get supported one way or another...even if Heighway is no longer around. It's not rocket science making these things work. Might become a bit of a PITA but there will always be a way to keep it going.

That reminds me.
I wonder how the guys are going with the bricked full throttles.

#334 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I hear ya...sorry if I rolled you up in my last post but damn...you're ok with a 7 to 8k game that may have no support in a few years?

I could have that attitude towards something off Craigs list for a couple grand but Alien was going to be my first nib...and I want my first time to be special!

#335 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

...even if Heighway is no longer around. It's not rocket science making these things work. Might become a bit of a PITA but there will always be a way to keep it going.

be a PITA making your own alien head

#336 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

...but there are modders here that will make a better one in a heartbeat...

#337 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

The thing that kept me up at night, when things started to go south, was that I could potentially end up down the road with a dream theme pin, with questionable build quality, no game manual to troubleshoot issues, no customer support or ability to order parts, and a company that might not be around in a few years. Add in the fact that I'm paying close to $9K for this pin, with so many unanswered questions, that you quickly take off the rose colored glasses & embrace reality.

This is by far the best reason to play things smart.... there is zero evidence that these guys are going to be making games in a year.

I get why some collectors want this game. I hope they have success in getting it. But, wow... one little thing goes wrong and you're looking at a real mess.

#338 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I won't be taking delivery without an Alien head in it. Done & done.

#339 6 years ago

Refund received, all good. Looking forward to buying a SE from Nitro down the road.

#340 6 years ago

It looks like the Alien pin is officially in full production according to their Facebook page and will be shipping in mass as of August 14!

#341 6 years ago

The two-week carrot dangle act CONtinues. Maybe this time is real.

#342 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Yeah but this time it's for real dude...um hellllo Facebook said so!

#343 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah but this time it's for real dude...um hellllo Facebook said so!

I'll let you know when I actually get a tracking number. (And, no mine has not shipped yet)

#344 6 years ago

How many here still haven't gotten a refund? I swear I can't see the masses, but could be blind. The new group is shipping these things ( verbal of course except the 4 that CT got).

People are pissed because the game was delayed infinitely and they had a cash flow problem ( were either one of these different than WOZ, which turned out great?).

The frustration I get....the hate, and " never again trusting them"? Not so much....

Maybe, just maybe, we have another manufacturer ( they've ALL had problems of sorts) that will give us choices...that's a win for the hobby......

Wrong thread for a positive spin....I get it......

#345 6 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

It's been almost 90 days of getting the runaround from these guys. Like others, I've gotten all the bs emails and assurances that they would be looking into the cause of my refund delay asap, etc.
Last email I received was yesterday from Morgan stating "I have just had confirmation that your refund is processed and that you should have the money back with you by Friday at the latest."
I'll report back Friday with the outcome.

After waiting 89 days, I was finally issued my refund. I hope everyone still waiting is taken care of soon.

#346 6 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

After waiting 89 days, I was finally issued my refund. I hope everyone still waiting is taken care of soon.

Great news!!!....one less in the queue!!!....I gotta ( choose to) believe this is getting right sided....I applaud the new team for at least proving option 3 in the poll is not valid.....rooting hard for this to get off the ground!!!

#347 6 years ago

Still no refund for me.

#348 6 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Still no refund for me.

How long?

#349 6 years ago

Couple months.

#350 6 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Couple months.

Man...they gotta make this right....hopefully very soon....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 790 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-refund-from-patient-supporter-to-angry-x-customer/page/7?hl=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.