You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will i get my money back from Highway Pinball?”

• Yes - the hero investment club will make everything all better. 100 votes
    26%
  • Maybe - if they haven't spent it all already. 83 votes
    22%
  • No way - the sham has been exposed and the investor announcemnt is just to buy more time. 202 votes
    52%

(385 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

maxresdefault (resized).jpg
clap.gif
shakeitup (resized).png
IMG_1335 (resized).JPG
AE0fzDx (resized).jpg
blowme (resized).jpg
200_s (resized).png
container01.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 6.52.56 PM.jpg
just-three-hours (resized).jpg
alienfp2.jpg
etalienfail.gif
IMG_0413 (resized).JPG
Toads (resized).jpg
young frank wrong then (resized).jpg
paperwork1 (resized).jpg
There are 790 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 16.
#251 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

We should try to keep this thread on topic - Alien refunds. I'll post my thoughts of the machine over on the official Alien thread. My apologies again for getting off track.

Sounds good, I'll post my question there.

#252 6 years ago

Well, I asked where my other $800 refund is and heres what I got back....now this is after they said go ahead and give us the bank info so we can wire it to you. I gave them my bank info for international wire transfer and domestic transfer, just to make sure they had no excuse to not send it. This was last Thursday. Now before you say "well why are you harping on them and expecting an instant transfer...these things take time....well, I sent my wire transfer to them in March in about 30 minutes and the only reason it took that long is because I had to call them and clear up the bank info. So I send them my bank info last Thursday and yesterday afternoon I send another email asking why I haven't gotten my $800 yet and here's what they come back with.......

Hi Brian,
I am sorry that the money has not arrived with you yet. I will double check with Daniel that it has cleared on our end or if there has been any sort of issue. I apologise for this delay and I will find out what is happening with your refund.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention and for your time. I hope to be in contact soon with good news, if you have the money clear your account could you please inform me for our records.

Morgan Potter | Customer Services Executive
Heighway Pinball, Unit 35 Rassau Industrial Estate, Ebbw Vale, NP23 5SD United Kingdom.
Email: [email protected] Web: http://www.heighwaypinball.com
Tel: +44 (0) 1495 305634

I am so sick of this "Oh we don't know why you don't have the money yet...I'll check to see whats going on...not sure if there was an issue on our end....I apologize for the delay!" Sure feels like they are trying to just kill me with kindness at this point....More like kill me with BS! JUST WIRE ME MY DAMN MONEY!!

Unreal!!! I am so ready to be done with these guys!

Brian

#253 6 years ago

Ok, just received confirmation from my bank that I did receive a wire transfer for my original Heighway deposit of 1500.00. All money refunded. Thank you Morgan for getting this done. Good luck to everyone on your refunds or games.

#254 6 years ago

no luck needed...its happening...now I need to borrow ten g's please!?! anyone? anyone?

#255 6 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Ok, just received confirmation from my bank that I did receive a wire transfer for my original Heighway deposit of 1500.00. All money refunded. Thank you Morgan for getting this done. Good luck to everyone on your refunds or games.

That's great news!! I've been trying for over a week to get just $800 back and I can't seem to get it!! They can't seem to figure out why I'm not getting my money! Weird!!

Brian

#256 6 years ago
Quoted from conester:

That's great news!! I've been trying for over a week to get just $800 back and I can't seem to get it!! They can't seem to figure out why I'm not getting my money! Weird!!
Brian

funny, haha. Some anonymous admirer keeps sending me gifts of $800, with no attached love note.

#257 6 years ago
Quoted from conester:

Brian

double and triple check your account details to what they have.
but i guess youve done that already.

#258 6 years ago

Finally got my full refund. Good luck to everyone, I'm outta here...

#259 6 years ago

I don't post on Pinside anymore - but I did want to drop by and chime in that I got a full refund from Heighway today. No drama, no hassle. I was friendly...and patient and they are now getting up to speed and have been great with personal communication and following through. I look forward to revisiting this pin when Cointaker has them in stock and shipping.

#260 6 years ago

How long from when you gave them your bank info until you had it in your account? It's been 8 days for me and I still don't have my money. Daniel told me today that it was being processed but I have no idea what that means as far as actually getting my money. Just want to be done with all this and move on.

#261 6 years ago

So far so good. Three have been refunded - neverahighscore, Alphajerk3000 and zeddex. Others are waiting. I switched to wire transfer method about four days ago and am still waiting.

#262 6 years ago

Well, Heighway wasn't BS'ing me after all! I got my $800 from them finally! Not sure why it took so long to wire transfer the money, but I'm just glad to have it back! Seems like the new management is really trying to make things right with everyone and turn this thing around. I wish everyone good luck that is still in it and good luck to all the Heighway team! From now on, no more deposits or prepay or anything unless the pin is in front of me! Finally done with this!

Brian

#263 6 years ago

How long before you change the header to Not Angry....Customer....

#264 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

How long before you change the header to Not Angry....Customer....

the OP is Pacman, you might want to check with him.

looks like hes done around here.

#265 6 years ago

I hope he got his deposit and it seems like the New Group is The Real Deal. I'm looking forward to playing Alien again when it's working with all the toys intact.

#266 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I hope he got his deposit and it seems like the New Group is The Real Deal. I'm looking forward to playing Alien again when it's working with all the toys intact.

totally agree.

#267 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I thought the game was pretty decent when I played it at Pinfest, but the backbox really did look odd and flimsy. Wish they would have went with a more conventional backbox, IMO. I would definitely take another spin on this to see what I think once more people have them.

Still hope that everyone that's jumping out gets their money back, and those who are staying in get their games in short order.

#268 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I thought the game was pretty decent when I played it at Pinfest, but the backbox really did look odd and flimsy.

I agree. I'm still going to give it another shot when everything is working. The one at Pinfest had no working Xeno Head and the ball many times took 5 times to get it out of the eject thingy. Big wear in places as well. I hope everything gets fixed up...

#269 6 years ago

I requested a refund on Tuesday last week, so 8 days. I have no idea what takes so long but they seem to be going out, I'm hoping this week.

#270 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I requested a refund on Tuesday last week, so 8 days. I have no idea what takes so long but they seem to be going out, I'm hoping this week.

I requested mine on April 28th. I'm still waiting.

#271 6 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

I requested mine on April 28th. I'm still waiting.

Well I tell ya 2 weeks with no refund and I change from "happy everything seems to be moving forward" to plane tickets headed to Britain with a god damn flame thrower, I'll keep you all posted.

#272 6 years ago

Requested my refund on June 6th. Still waiting.

#273 6 years ago

Still waiting here too, but I have a parable to share while we pass the time.

I have an ongoing insurance claim for some water damage to my house. The agent showed up three days after my call. He came back the next week, and by end of week, had provided an estimate. 10 days transpired from the event to when an estimate was provided. In between was some remediation of the damage by a contractor who also made two visits.

Next day I called to discuss the estimate and it increased $2k. We agreed to the amount over the phone and my check was in the mail the same day. Moral of the story, once two parties agree to a course of action, refunding money shouldn't take long. It ain't complicated, like building pinball machine can be.

#274 6 years ago

60 Days, no refund.

#275 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Well I tell ya 2 weeks with no refund and I change from "happy everything seems to be moving forward" to planes tickets headed to Britain with a god damn flame thrower, I'll keep you all posted.

I can see it now!

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#276 6 years ago

I ordered 2 more Alien LEs today. The new management is turning this boat around. I'm not worried any more about getting my games.

#277 6 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

I ordered 2 more Alien LEs today. The new management is turning this boat around. I'm not worried any more about getting my games.

I havent noticed any change at all.
Showed a pic of a few aliens just like andrew did to suck in more orders.
Still dont see any attempt at a productive line.
Still ignoring refunds,just as Andrew did.

#278 6 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

#279 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Disagree.

#281 6 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

I ordered 2 more Alien LEs today. The new management is turning this boat around.

Hopefully they can use that money to repay some of those that are still waiting on refunds.

#282 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

blatantly untrue. If you scroll up you can see where many people have received their refunds.
Im sure you and others still waiting are in the queue and will get your refund soon.

--Jeff

#283 6 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

blatantly untrue. If you scroll up you can see where many people have received their refunds.
Im sure you and others still waiting are in the queue and will get your refund soon.
--Jeff

Queue? Pfft. There isn't one. One guy gets a refund 8 days after his request, while others have been waiting for months.

#284 6 years ago

Soo much wool... only so many eyes...

#285 6 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Soo much wool... only so many eyes...

I'm stealing that!

#286 6 years ago

From CoinTaker!!
Great news, Aliens arrived today!

#287 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

From CoinTaker!!
Great news, Aliens arrived today!

Woo Hoo! Any idea how many???

#288 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Woo Hoo! Any idea how many???

I just asked in the other Thread...

#289 6 years ago

4 shipped, I got an email from Daniel today stating my refund is in the works but the accounting department is bogged down with ordering parts and all that, I get it and I want the pin but how long does it take to send a wire transfer? I'm actually asking, I sent money to a guy once in the states from my bank with his Acc info it took 2 hours?

#290 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

4 shipped, I got an email from Daniel today stating my refund is in the works but the accounting department is bogged down with ordering parts and all that, I get it and I want the pin but how long does it take to send a wire transfer? I'm actually asking, I sent money to a guy once in the states from my bank with his Acc info it took 2 hours?

It does depend how the bank does the transfer. I've wired money to suppliers in Germany and China for a few years, and it can go right into their account, or it can go through a 3rd party / intermediary bank which slows up the process.

#291 6 years ago

When I received my refund it was sent via wire transfer, showed up on my statement as "processing" on the day Daniel said it would be there, then it took another 24 hours for my bank to officially confirm the transaction.

I would guess (and I have no idea) that they processed a large number of refunds in the last 30 days, and perhaps they received more refund requests than they were expecting. Add in the fact that they are ordering parts & ramping production, so all those factors might have led to a slowdown in refunds? Who knows. But I would be willing to bet they send out those pending refunds as soon as they are able.

Hope every gets their refunds (and games) in a timely matter

#292 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

When I received my refund it was sent via wire transfer, showed up on my statement as "processing" on the day Daniel said it would be there, then it took another 24 hours for my bank to officially confirm the transaction.
I would guess (and I have no idea) that they processed a large number of refunds in the last 30 days, and perhaps they received more refund requests than they were expecting. Add in the fact that they are ordering parts & ramping production, so all those factors might have led to a slowdown in refunds? Who knows. But I would be willing to bet they send out those pending refunds as soon as they are able.
Hope every gets their refunds (and games) in a timely matter

the refunds are a priority. no factors, no guessing. no excuses about being bogged down with ordering parts.

some are done, and thats a good sign. more to do.

#293 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm guessing it takes so long because they are hoping that the good news of "parts ordered" and some pics of machines getting delivered etc results in people staying in. So if they can drag out refunds then there is a chance a percentage of those people might say "cancel my refund I will keep my spot".

Yes it's a cynical view but a practical one. If they can delay refunding people and hopefully show that things are moving in the right direction it might result in some people staying in. I can't say I blame them as cash flow and funding is the only thing that really matters at this late stage.

#294 6 years ago

Received my deposit and am fully refunded. Did not receive email announcing the transfer or requesting confirmation but it showed up as promised. Thanks HP-New for following through.

Looking forward to reports from those with early games that are currently less than 100%. Some Xeno heads and misc parts being recently sent. Who is responsible for engineering? That is person who will implement design changes.

#295 6 years ago
Quoted from Slash:

I'm guessing it takes so long because they are hoping that the good news of "parts ordered" and some pics of machines getting delivered etc results in people staying in. So if they can drag out refunds then there is a chance a percentage of those people might say "cancel my refund I will keep my spot".
Yes it's a cynical view but a practical one. If they can delay refunding people and hopefully show that things are moving in the right direction it might result in some people staying in. I can't say I blame them as cash flow and funding is the only thing that really matters at this late stage.

I disagree, and actually think the opposite.

It's probably in their favor to work through the refunds. I suspect that the pricing on the pre-order was very competitive in retrospect, while they'll have to to provide the pin at the agreed pre-order amount (to anyone with a pre-order), if they can arrange a refund, when the pins are good to go (and if pricing is increased), anyone without a pre-order will have to pay the new price.

#296 6 years ago

I would say it's a balancing act. Make sure that people think the company is still financial so they don't have a terminal run on the bank, best way to do that - give a few refunds.

But it's clear cashflow was an issue otherwise the original investors wouldn't have had to take control and presumably tip more money in.

Yes it may be better to give a refund and sell the same game to a new person at a higher price. But u have to get there first! If the preorder price was "very competitive" as u suggest then that simply confirms that the whole thing was financially screwed and mis priced from the get go.

There is no point saying "anyone without a preorder will have to pay the new price" likes it's a positive,if everyone has cashed their chips in and decided that the game won't get made anyhow, it would be a self fulfilling prophecy.

#297 6 years ago
Quoted from Slash:

I am thinking this as well. Can't wait to see what the CoinTaker games are like. I hope this all has a happy ending.

#298 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Looking forward to reports from those with early games that are currently less than 100%.

I am still waiting for updated Xeno mech, LED's and whatever else I may need to be able to update code. Still on version 0.94.

#299 6 years ago

FWIW, it's been 17 days since I requested my Alien deposit refund from an authorized distributor and haven't gotten it yet so it's not just Heighway themselves that take time to process refunds.

#300 6 years ago

images (1) (resized).jpgimages (1) (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,799 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 790 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-refund-from-patient-supporter-to-angry-x-customer/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.