You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will i get my money back from Highway Pinball?”

• Yes - the hero investment club will make everything all better. 100 votes
    26%
  • Maybe - if they haven't spent it all already. 83 votes
    22%
  • No way - the sham has been exposed and the investor announcemnt is just to buy more time. 202 votes
    52%

(385 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

maxresdefault (resized).jpg
clap.gif
shakeitup (resized).png
IMG_1335 (resized).JPG
AE0fzDx (resized).jpg
blowme (resized).jpg
200_s (resized).png
container01.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 6.52.56 PM.jpg
just-three-hours (resized).jpg
alienfp2.jpg
etalienfail.gif
IMG_0413 (resized).JPG
Toads (resized).jpg
young frank wrong then (resized).jpg
paperwork1 (resized).jpg
There are 790 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 16.
#201 6 years ago

Coastal Dreams & Secret Morning, of course seeing them in person is MUCH different than a random photo on the interwebs..

secret_morning (resized).jpgsecret_morning (resized).jpg
wg991_coastal_dreams_1 (resized).jpgwg991_coastal_dreams_1 (resized).jpg

#202 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Good lord, I bet! It's nuts to spend that kind of money (investment or not) and then not set it up for proper viewing

Wups, i meant 1.5 meter not 1.5 million LOL now i get the confusion...

I edited the original post... too funny...

#203 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

LOL, the ones i have are not 1.5M One is worth about $30k now though.
The one my wife really liked was 100k, i declined to purchase that one...
I have plenty of room for more pinball machines, but i don't want to pack them all in and my wife wouldn't appreciate it. I refuse to have them anywhere but the basement, i don't care for putting them in the main living space like some people do. Sure I'd like more, but it's gotta balance with the space.

Are they on acrylic or paper or what?

Saw his gallery in Vegas, very nice.

#204 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Are they on acrylic or paper or what?
Saw his gallery in Vegas, very nice.

Some kind of special photo paper, believe it's metallic or something... supposed to be what makes them so nice is the printing, but you get some decent halogen lights on them and they really pop, the difference with and without proper lighting is pretty significant...

Everyone that's ever seen any of them at my house has been impressed and commented. So that's good i guess

#205 6 years ago

when in doubt....get your money out...

#206 6 years ago

IMG_0003 (resized).JPGIMG_0003 (resized).JPG

#207 6 years ago

Day 5. No contact.

#208 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Day 5. No contact.

Strange? I got a prompt reply from Morgan and then from Roger and last Monday from Andrew all with in 24hrs.

#209 6 years ago

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#210 6 years ago

Punishment for this thread perhaps?

Just a theory, but complete bullshit if that's the truth!

I think everyone who is getting the runaround should start one of these....light up the whole damn forum page 1 with threads like this.

Hey jefff...when u blowing up that sign?

#211 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Day 5. No contact.

Me neither. Why have some gotten multiple emails and others none?

#212 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Day 5. No contact.

Quoted from sed6:

Me neither. Why have some gotten multiple emails and others none?

No idea but it's possible that Heighways record keeping wasn't the greatest. Try contacting them directly. I'll PM you guys an email I have for one of the new investors.

#213 6 years ago

Post deleted

#214 6 years ago

Finally got the standard email today. No new info.

3 weeks later
#215 6 years ago

Well, I FINALLY got my initial $1500 deposit, but not until I filed a Paypal claim...then when Paypal ruled in my favor, the refund was pending in my account for 5 days. After Heighway got notified of the claim, Morgan contacted me requesting that I confirm receipt of the payment....HELL NO, not until it wasn't pending anymore! So this morning I checked again and guess what?? It was CANCELED!! WTF!! I called Paypal and they said it was canceled because Heighway tried paying that $1500 by e-check which apparently takes forever to clear and when it did clear, there was no more money in the "payers" account to cover the e-check!!! Imagine that!! So I had to work with Paypal and they got me my $1500 immediately this morning since I have been trying so long to get my refund and they will be dealing with Heighway themselves. I still need my $800 that I sent for the "PDI" glass and 27" screen, but I think it is BS that they are taking so long to get the refunds out and it takes claims against them to get any action!! So if you are trying to get a refund, you had better file a claim or chargeback or something or good luck getting it back!

Brian

#216 6 years ago
Quoted from conester:

Well, I FINALLY got my initial $1500 deposit, but not until I filed a Paypal claim...then when Paypal ruled in my favor, the refund was pending in my account for 5 days. After Heighway got notified of the claim, Morgan contacted me requesting that I confirm receipt of the payment....HELL NO, not until it wasn't pending anymore! So this morning I checked again and guess what?? It was CANCELED!! WTF!! I called Paypal and they said it was canceled because Heighway tried paying that $1500 by e-check which apparently takes forever to clear and when it did clear, there was no more money in the "payers" account to cover the e-check!!! Imagine that!! So I had to work with Paypal and they got me my $1500 immediately this morning since I have been trying so long to get my refund and they will be dealing with Heighway themselves. I still need my $800 that I sent for the "PDI" glass and 27" screen, but I think it is BS that they are taking so long to get the refunds out and it takes claims against them to get any action!! So if you are trying to get a refund, you had better file a claim or chargeback or something or good luck getting it back!
Brian

thats very worrying.

#217 6 years ago

conester- what a pain in the ass.
Glad you got it back though.
If it was me, I'd be requesting chargeback from paypal if it was still in the 6 month window regardless if you [a heighway buyer] have faith they will eventually deliver.

#218 6 years ago

So confusing this Heighway thing...

Glad you finally got the $1500... now good luck on the $800!

#219 6 years ago

Ok, So I received another e-mail today from Morgan. My CC company has refunded me the last payment of 4025.00 but I must wait 2 billing cycles for any response from Heighway to dispute or accept. Morgan acknowledged this and stated they still have my 1500.00 deposit and if I wanted to use this for my game. I told him to refund the 1500.00 asap. I'll keep everyone posted. My question to all involved is has anyone received any type of refund directly from the new team and not thru Paypal or your credit card company. It seems so far the refunds are not being sent out from the new owners.

#220 6 years ago

I can't see this ending well

#221 6 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Ok, So I received another e-mail today from Morgan. My CC company has refunded me the last payment of 4025.00 but I must wait 2 billing cycles for any response from Heighway to dispute or accept. Morgan acknowledged this and stated they still have my 1500.00 deposit and if I wanted to use this for my game. I told him to refund the 1500.00 asap. I'll keep everyone posted. My question to all involved is has anyone received any type of refund directly from the new team and not thru Paypal or your credit card company. It seems so far the refunds are not being sent out from the new owners.

Thats great you got your cash back; or at least most of it. So even now you had to file a claim to get your 4k back?

#222 6 years ago

I emailed Morgan today asking for a wire transfer for the remaining $800. I said I sent it to you in 30 minutes, so why can't you do the same and send it back! He replied asking for my account where I wanted it wired to. I'm going to give it to him tomorrow morning after I check with my bank on a few things and we will see if they actually wire it! At this point, I'm just done with heighway pinball. Even if they start shipping 1000 games a month, Im not giving them any more of my money!

Brian

#223 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

I can't see this ending well

I agree that this is horseshit and the faster they get everyone their money back the better but if they get production running and games out to customers they will sell a lot of them.

#224 6 years ago

Ok, I'll try & be more clear per some pm requests. In from the start for LE#175. First payment was my 1500.00 deposit thru WorldPay. 2nd payment made of 4025.00 this past March, 2017 thru WorldPay. After I received my first letter from Morgan, I stated I wanted a full refund asap with confirmation of my e-mail and a timeframe for the refund. Nothing. So I decided not to wait and contacted my CC for item paid for not delivered and deceit of product information by owner. They ruled in my favor and credited my account for the 4025.00 but I had to wait 2 billing cycles which will be next month. The original 1500.00 will be disputed next if Heighway does not contact them on their request. So 2nd letter today from Morgan. I guess my first response wasn't clear enough for FULL REFUND. And now I'll wait to see if they credit that amount or go back to my CC for another round. Hope this helps. I don't know why anyone who CAN get a refund wouldn't. Yes, I hope to own this game but can wait. Too many variables and still I believe no refunds yet directly to customers from New Heighway. Good luck everyone!!!

#225 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Thats great you got your cash back; or at least most of it. So even now you had to file a claim to get your 4k back?

Yes.

#226 6 years ago

that faakin suks

#227 6 years ago

1s1fsy (resized).jpg1s1fsy (resized).jpg

#228 6 years ago
Quoted from conester:

I emailed Morgan today asking for a wire transfer for the remaining $800. I said I sent it to you in 30 minutes, so why can't you do the same and send it back! He replied asking for my account where I wanted it wired to. I'm going to give it to him tomorrow morning after I check with my bank on a few things and we will see if they actually wire it! At this point, I'm just done with heighway pinball. Even if they start shipping 1000 games a month, Im not giving them any more of my money!
Brian

How Not To Lose a Customer For Life - Course 101

#229 6 years ago

I've got back my last payment of around 1k via charge back.
I'm waiting on the credit card co to let me know if I can get back around another 4K deposited around 8 months ago.
I don't like my chances on that one.

#230 6 years ago

As a longtime paid in full Alien LE customer, I thought I would post one last time to give an update on my refund. Hopefully some of you will find this helpful.

I've been waiting on my refund for several months, and I've been pretty vocal in these threads. But when the new ownership group asked for patience during the ownership transfer, I was willing to give them a chance. Realistically I figured the transfer of ownership wasn't going to happen overnight. I never threw a tantrum or tried to do a fast chargeback. I just stayed in close contact with Morgan & Daniel as the weeks passed by, making sure we were both on the same page.

Well they finally came through on their word, and my full $7900 refund was finally wired to my bank account. It's been fully processed, and I couldn't be more thankful. While the refund process took much longer than I hoped, it all worked out in the end. Daniel & Morgan really wanted to make this right for me & they were very accessible.

If you are still waiting for your refund, I'd say just give them a chance. I'd be shocked if everyone who wanted a refund didn't receive theirs soon. And if you can get a refund, I don't see any reason not to.

So what were the lessons I learned from all this? Well you've heard them before...

1) Never preorder a pin again.
2) Never let dream theme hype influence your decision making.
3) Never buy a pin without playing it first.
4) After you've come so close to losing your money, you quickly realize that spending $8K on a pin is just plain stupid.

This whole experience for the last 2 years has left me pretty jaded. I won't even consider buying anything new for a while now. I'm just turned off in general. There's no rush to buy any of these new games. No more LEs for me either, it's just a marketing ploy to get you to buy now. No more new companies. No more drama for me. If I can't buy a pin today & have it shipped tomorrow, then no thanks.

With that said, I really think the new Heighway owners are going to turn things around. In my opinion, they seem genuine,, but that's no guarantee of success. I really hope they are able to mass produce these Alien pins at some point. But I think the most important thing is that they need to create a reliable quality product with excellent customer service & support. That's my main concern for the company. I wish them all the best, because Alien really looks like an awesome pin.

And most importantly, I hope every customer gets the pins & refunds they've been waiting on.

#231 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

As a longtime paid in full Alien LE customer, I thought I would post one last time to give an update on my refund. Hopefully some of you will find this helpful.
I've been waiting on my refund for several months, and I've been pretty vocal in these threads. But when the new ownership group asked for patience during the ownership transfer, I was willing to give them a chance. Realistically I figured the transfer of ownership wasn't going to happen overnight. I never threw a tantrum or tried to do a fast chargeback. I just stayed in close contact with Morgan & Daniel as the weeks passed by, making sure we were both on the same page.
Well they finally came through on their word, and my full $7900 refund was finally wired to my bank account. It's been fully processed, and I couldn't be more thankful. While the refund process took much longer than I hoped, it all worked out in the end. Daniel & Morgan really wanted to make this right for me & they were very accessible.
If you are still waiting for your refund, I'd say just give them a chance. I'd be shocked if everyone who wanted a refund didn't receive theirs soon. And if you can get a refund, I don't see any reason not to.
So what were the lessons I learned from all this? Well you've heard them before...
1) Never preorder a pin again.
2) Never let dream theme hype influence your decision making.
3) Never buy a pin without playing it first.
4) After you've come so close to losing your money, you quickly realize that spending $8K on a pin is just plain stupid.
This whole experience for the last 2 years has left me pretty jaded. I won't even consider buying anything new for a while now. I'm just turned off in general. There's no rush to buy any of these new games. No more LEs for me either, it's just a marketing ploy to get you to buy now. No more new companies. No more drama for me. If I can't buy a pin today & have it shipped tomorrow, then no thanks.
With that said, I really think the new Heighway owners are going to turn things around. In my opinion, they seem genuine,, but that's no guarantee of success. I really hope they are able to mass produce these Alien pins at some point. But I think the most important thing is that they need to create a reliable quality product with excellent customer service & support. That's my main concern for the company. I wish them all the best, because Alien really looks like an awesome pin.
And most importantly, I hope every customer gets the pins & refunds they've been waiting on.

So if you actually gave the new owners 10 minutes to breath you do get a refund. Good to know.

#232 6 years ago

10 minutes?

#233 6 years ago

Good news! Glad to hear, hopefully anyone who wants out will get their money back.

Heighway needs to:
A) refund those who want out
B) fix broken/incompleate games
C) build games so that distros have physical stock that people can buy (no prepay)

And they will sell lots of these.

#234 6 years ago

thanks for the info and great news!

#235 6 years ago

Clearly an exaggeration!

Anyone who knows anything about a takeover knows it normally takes many MONTHS (not weeks) just to get things squared away and begin moving forward again. From what I have seen so far the new owners are moving much faster than I would have anticipated. I still have money in. I personally think Alien will ship and begin to ship in larger numbers before winter.

I can tell you that the new owners don't post here and are not following these threads. They understand they have to "talk" with action and results...not words.

#236 6 years ago

I've told you ten million times to not exaggerate on the alien forum! and I'm optimistic about this pin shipping too!

#237 6 years ago

Canceled my order with Cointaker this week. After first waiting for TBL, and then switching to Alien and waiting again... I'm over it. Hope the new HP ownership eventually comes through for those staying in.

#238 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I never threw a tantrum or tried to do a fast chargeback

Iv'e read more posts about people getting refunds this way than your way....and your way is the respectable way...but then again, all respect went out the window with Mr. pants on fire's tall tales...

#239 6 years ago

Well for full disclosure, Andrew suggested sending payment via a wire transfer would be easiest, so like a trusting fool, that's what I did. I had no other option but to cross my thumbs, work with the new owners, and hope it all worked out. Thankfully it did.

I was being cheap & didn't want to pay the extra credit card fees. Another lesson learned.

#240 6 years ago

Newest update-Morgan e-mailed me to confirm my CC refund of 4025.00 and amount still owed of 1500.00. I gave him my bank info for a wire transfer at his request for the 1500.00. I will let you know if and when I receive it. Looks like they are starting to make an effort in getting the refunds back to the people who want them.

#241 6 years ago

I'm in for the pin. Not the refund.

#242 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Me too...for now. I still think it looks better than anything else new right now.

#243 6 years ago

I'm in for the pin, actually added my name to the list for and LE 3 weeks ago! No money down though....

#244 6 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Looks like they are starting to make an effort in getting the refunds back to the people who want them.

I know you're disappointed in Andrew but could it be possible the new peeps having been working hard behind the scenes the WHOLE TIME since they've took over..and business matters like this take time?! there might be a light at the end of this tunnel! (just trying to be optimistic!)

#245 6 years ago

I'm playing it now. Over 4 months since TPF, and it's still giving me chills sometimes. David T is a Sound Master! ...odd geometry on this game works in it's favor IMHO. Ball can sneak around and surprise you when you're distracted by the lights.

...and then this happened tonight...

IMG_2855 (resized).JPGIMG_2855 (resized).JPG

#246 6 years ago

sunking, I'm curious how this pertains to people who invested money and never received their pinball machines?!?! and what are we supposed to look at? the burnt out playfield screen or the ball-stall..or are you just rubbing salt in their wounds that u have a pin and they don't!? (that's just a light-hearted poke!)

#247 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

sunking, I'm curious how this pertains to people who invested money and never received their pinball machines?!?! and what are we supposed to look at? the burnt out playfield screen or the ball-stall..or are you just running salt in their wounds that u have a pin and they don't!?

You are supposed to look at the ball that balanced on the post between the flippers.

#248 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

sunking, I'm curious how this pertains to people who invested money and never received their pinball machines?!?! and what are we supposed to look at? the burnt out playfield screen or the ball-stall..or are you just rubbing salt in their wounds that u have a pin and they don't!?

My apologies if I offended anyone by posting that pic last night. I'd been drinking (like most any Friday) and enjoying some games on Alien. I was having a great game when the ball stalled out on the middle post. First time that's ever happened to me, so I snapped a quick pic. Then I read the comments quoted below, and figured I'd echo that sentiment with a real world example.

Quoted from jonesjb:

Quoted from Astropin:

Me too...for now. I still think it looks better than anything else new right now.

I certainly did not intend to 'rub salt' in anyone's wounds, and I apologize if it came off that way.

#249 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I certainly did not intend to 'rub salt' in anyone's wounds, and I apologize if it came off that way.

It didn't come across like that to me

I like seeing and hearing player/owner thoughts on the game. It makes things exciting, the anticipation is kind of like the lead up to Christmas!

SunKing just curious... what are your top 5 favorite pins, and how does Alien compare in gameplay?

#250 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

sunking just curious... what are your top 5 favorite pins, and how does Alien compare in gameplay?

We should try to keep this thread on topic - Alien refunds. I'll post my thoughts of the machine over on the official Alien thread. My apologies again for getting off track.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

There are 790 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-refund-from-patient-supporter-to-angry-x-customer/page/5?hl=rgzpinx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.