You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will i get my money back from Highway Pinball?”

• Yes - the hero investment club will make everything all better. 100 votes
    26%
  • Maybe - if they haven't spent it all already. 83 votes
    22%
  • No way - the sham has been exposed and the investor announcemnt is just to buy more time. 202 votes
    52%

(385 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

maxresdefault (resized).jpg
clap.gif
shakeitup (resized).png
IMG_1335 (resized).JPG
AE0fzDx (resized).jpg
blowme (resized).jpg
200_s (resized).png
container01.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 6.52.56 PM.jpg
just-three-hours (resized).jpg
alienfp2.jpg
etalienfail.gif
IMG_0413 (resized).JPG
Toads (resized).jpg
young frank wrong then (resized).jpg
paperwork1 (resized).jpg
There are 790 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 16.
#51 6 years ago

Luckily I speak Swedish and will translate,

Quoted from chrisnack:

Hi Pinball friend!

We would like to speak to you and ask why you have asked for a refund for Alien.

pre-order customer you are still entitled to the price you got when placing your pre-order

Hi, disgruntled customers

We will not be giving any refunds until we try converting you.

We are concerned about the refund requests. Luckily, our junior sales friend gave us some advise. Deter the refunds by implying a price increase.

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Okay, apparently the whole word forgot how to read...
I NEVER TOLD OR IMPLIED FOR ANYONE TO WAIT

you are starting to sound like that Whysnow guy

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

Luckily I speak Swedish and will translate,

Hi, disgruntled customers
We will not be giving any refunds until we try converting you.
We are concerned about the refund requests. Luckily, our junior sales friend gave us some advise. Deter the refunds by implying a price increase.

LOL, too damn funny!

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

you are starting to sound like that Whysnow guy

God I hope not...might need to take a break!

#55 6 years ago

Before any of this fiasco, I was waiting until games were shipping to place an order. I still was not in for sure due to the price, but I've been trying to justify the price after seeing how much fun the gameplay looks and the potential awesome coding and the amazing sound package by Mr. Thiel. I still haven't convinced myself or ruled it out, but with any increase it would probably make my decision an easy NO.

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Maybe there's some value in the interchangeable playfield patent.

Wait, what? AFAIK they haven't submitted a patent for that. Gerry Stellenberg on the other hand has submitted *lots* but never seems to get them accepted due to prior art.

If you look at the financials they posted at the start of this month, they seem to think they have over half a million in intangible assets (so designs/IP/trademarks, valuable things with no physical presence), which is laughable if you ask me. Much more likely that they saw a massive hole in their budget and tried to plug it with 'creative accounting'. Here's the other thing, Andy loved to point out that the machinery was owned by them. If that's the case, how come their physical assets are now valued 60% lower_ than the previous year?

Do yourselves a favour and have a good read of page 4 of this pdf:
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08087382/filing-history/MzE3NzI0NjY3MWFkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0

#58 6 years ago

Could this be the new "Investment Group"?

InvestmentBoys (resized).jpegInvestmentBoys (resized).jpeg

#59 6 years ago

Only a fool would not demand an immediate refund from these clowns.

#60 6 years ago

Hmmm....WWHD?

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

not worried just wish i woulda blown the money on booze and whores

Booze & Whores! Who do I send the check to?

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

Why would you want to bail "now that things finally start to get exciting"

?

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Why would you want to bail "now that things finally start to get exciting"
?

Because people can't seem to think for themselves.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

I'm not. And I am no fool, sir.

#65 6 years ago

a38cf7a56244f41f3ee2d784a15ace46 (resized).jpga38cf7a56244f41f3ee2d784a15ace46 (resized).jpg

#66 6 years ago

This is most of the forum...

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Hi Pinball friend!
We are reaching out to you since you have pre-ordered an Alien Pinball from us at Heighway Pinball. Sadly we have also received your request for a refund. I don’t know if you are aware of the latest changes at Heighway Pinball? Times are a changing and to the better! There is no denial that there has been a massive struggle getting to the stage of mass production. As you might have heard there has been changes in the management at Heighway recently. The group of investors that previously was minor shareholders, and uninvolved in the daily business, is now leading the company into the next phase of the company’s development. Don’t worry, we will carry on the legacy from Andrew when it comes to making great pinball machines based on great themes, but we will also bring a completely new dimension to the management side of the company. The investment group consists of business men with a BIG heart for pinball! We simply know a lot about how to run businesses successfully at the same time as we love pinball and everything that has to do with it (whether it be collecting, restoring, competing etc.)
To further introduce us to you, please find the core team below. There are more investors involved but these guys are the main group who will be driving Heighway Pinball forward:
Roger Svanevik and Cato Paus-Skrede – Norwegians.
A little about us. We have been together as “brothers” since the 80’s. We started a business together in the fire protection field in the 90’s and built it from the ground up. We also have background in business, computers and programming. We are involved in several businesses and have been involved in building most of them from the ground up. Today we are involved in and run our own businesses in fire protection, software development, construction material production, digital printing and marketing products and game operating. Some of you might have seen us and talked to us around the world on pinball shows as we love pinball.
Daniel Janson – Swedish.
My story with pinball started in a snack bar in the early 80’s. My background is with IT, I am a computer guy who started my own business in 2001, a business that today employs quite some people at a few offices around Sweden. My base skill is software programming and I originally started programming to develop computer games. In 2012 I decided to start a pinball shop since there were none in Sweden at the time. So, I started Free Play which have grown into a business on its own for the last 5 years. We may have met at some pinball show in the past years, possibly in a competition or at the Heighway Pinball booth.
Patrik Tenn – Swedish.
If you ever visit Sweden you need to come by my place, a nice place for pinheads since my pinball collection contains around 100 machines. I started a manufacturing business in the mid-90’s that runs still. My first business was founded already back in 1988. I bring vast experience in the field of manufacturing to Heighway Pinball and knows a lot about how to run a production line efficiently.
Alexander Spohr – German.
I got my first pinball when I was eleven, an Orbit. Since then I founded three companies with different partners, employing more than 150 people. They are still in existence, one is now part of a larger one.
Pinball may be a difficult business. But I am used to tackle problems in my way and overcome them.
We would like to speak to you and ask why you have asked for a refund for Alien. We are straightforward about this and are obviously very interested to know if there is anything that could make you change your mind now that things finally start to get exciting? We do have a solid plan moving forwards which we will share with you on the phone. We sincerely hope you are willing to let us explain our thoughts for the way forward.
Due to increased production cost of Alien since the game was initially announced we want you to know there is a price increase planned in the near future – however, as a pre-order customer you are still entitled to the price you got when placing your pre-order.
We will give you a call in the next few days and are looking forward to a really nice pinball conversation!
Very Best Regards,
The new management of Heighway Pinball

Was that an email to you? Wonder of the paid in full people will get an email or call also?

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Was that an email to you? Wonder of the paid in full people will get an email or call also?

Yes, email they sent me. I'm assuming it's damage control.

#69 6 years ago

Day 2. No response.

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Day 2. No response.

LOL

There are a ton of people at 30+ with no response... There is another thread for Heighway Refunds as well i saw.

I'd go straight to dispute. I don't think they are going to respond anytime soon or even process the refund.

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

Wait, what? AFAIK they haven't submitted a patent for that. Gerry Stellenberg on the other hand has submitted *lots* but never seems to get them accepted due to prior art.
If you look at the financials they posted at the start of this month, they seem to think they have over half a million in intangible assets (so designs/IP/trademarks, valuable things with no physical presence), which is laughable if you ask me. Much more likely that they saw a massive hole in their budget and tried to plug it with 'creative accounting'. Here's the other thing, Andy loved to point out that the machinery was owned by them. If that's the case, how come their physical assets are now valued 60% lower_ than the previous year?
Do yourselves a favour and have a good read of page 4 of this pdf:
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08087382/filing-history/MzE3NzI0NjY3MWFkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0

There must be a misprint, nowhere do I see a note stating "all amounts(except share amounts) are listed in thousands of pounds".

#72 6 years ago

Says it right there:
intangible assets 549,882 GBP, up from 353,065 last year.

Last years tangible was 140,529, this years is 83,721. Even with depreciation that doesn't add up, so I'm guessing they either sold some of the machines or never owned them in the first place.

(The formatting on that table seems to be a bit screwed though, the numbers in bold should all be in the same column)

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

#73 6 years ago

Yeah i know. Its therapeutic

Window for a dispute is long gone. Paypal 2 years ago.

Quoted from chrisnack:

LOL
There are a ton of people at 30+ with no response... There is another thread for Heighway Refunds as well i saw.
I'd go straight to dispute. I don't think they are going to respond anytime soon or even process the refund.

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Yeah i know. Its therapeutic
Window for a dispute is long gone. Paypal 2 years ago.

Credit card companies often have longer windows. It is not impossible that they would dispute a 2 year old charge. You should call them before ruling it out.

#75 6 years ago

Yeah I'd try with your credit card. You can use the "product never received". With 2 years, that should work JUST FINE

#76 6 years ago

Where there is smoke, there is usually fire.

The company, investors, whatever is trying to calm the storm of refund requests as that is likely making their financial position even worse. It's a game of musical chairs, and when the music stops- those are the people who will lose every single dollar of their deposit and paid in full game.

If you are holding off on getting a refund- and falling for this BS- then you will be screwed in the end. I have seen this same type of tactic time and time again.. they are hoping for the least amount of refunds as possible, so they can keep as much money as possible.

Hurry and see what you can do ASAP.. because it sounds like Heighway is on its last leg here.

#77 6 years ago

If I had any deposit money on the line, my selfish thought would be to shut up and wait.

My logic is that the paperwork is not even signed yet on this deal. The best chance of getting anything (game or money) is for the new investors/ re-investors to not be scared off but to instead get that deal done.

AFTER the deal is done then you have a new team on the hook to make it all right.

If the deal crumbles, where are you left?
If the deal gets done then you are in a better position than currently.

Just my undertanding of the situation.

#78 6 years ago

How did that advice go for the Predator guys?

I mean, 'scare off the investors', really? You think that 20 people requesting refunds is their biggest worry right now? pfft

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If I had any deposit money on the line, my selfish thought would be to shut up and wait.
My logic is that the paperwork is not even signed yet on this deal. The best chance of getting anything (game or money) is for the new investors/ re-investors to not be scared off but to instead get that deal done.
AFTER the deal is done then you have a new team on the hook to make it all right.

You should UNselfishly stop advising, suggesting, hinting telling, PM'ing people how to spend their money. C'mon man!

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Worst advice ever given the history and information available...

The best advice is that if you ANY uneasy feelings, get the hell out now... waiting for the dust to settle is not a good plan...

If you have money to toss into the fire, then sure go ahead and wait "patiently"...

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Your a (contents deleted by Mod team)

#82 6 years ago

Which email address are people using to contact heighway?

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

The best advice is that if you ANY uneasy feelings, get the hell out now... waiting for the dust to settle is not a good plan...
If you have money to toss into the fire, then sure go ahead and wait "patiently"...

if you have other means then sure, persue those.

I am saying that if you have been in for over 180 days (or whatever your paypal/cc limit is for chargebacks) and you are at the mercy of the new investors or legal action, my logic would be to hope the ink dries and then persue.

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

You should UNselfishly stop advising, suggesting, hinting telling, PM'ing people how to spend their money. C'mon man!

I dont understand you you are so incapable at understanding the word "I"

#85 6 years ago

I did not wait for a refund from whoever is running the show. Called my CC company and received my most recent payment back. Because the original 1500.00 was so long ago, they couldn't refund that amount. I'll be contacting the new owners once they are up and running to have that amount returned. What a complete waste of time, effort and money. I was in from the beginning on a LE but did not pay in full. I only made my 2nd payment after Andrew told me the LE's were in production and ready to ship. Really sad as I thought and still think this can be an amazing game. If it does get produced, I'll purchase one at that time. Too many unanswered questions to stay in. I'm tired of hope & prayer and I don't want to take any chance of losing and cash on this.

#86 6 years ago

There is a massive mess of supplier issues and lies that have to be unraveled by the new "owners" so I just don't think it's realistic that any significant number of games will ship this year. My opinion of course. All i'll say is that I've learned a lot from offline discussions with various people. There was a lot of crap going on unseen that probably would have caused nearly everyone to bail if they had known. I sure as hell would have never gotten involved had I known.

I don't understand how anyone can be a supporter of the company after all the crap that's gone down. But hey that's just me.

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

I don't understand how anyone can be a supporter of the company after all the crap that's gone down. But hey that's just me.

Aliens...Aliens...Aliens...Aliens...Aliens...Aliens...Aliens...Aliens...Aliens...Aliens...Aliens...Aliens...Aliens...Aliens..

Hope springs eternal!

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Buddy of mine bought an Alien back in Feb based off Heighway promises, paid in full. He got out and received a full refund, likely after raising hell with them (this dude doesn't take shit from people at all). Squeaky wheel gets taken care of, and gets refunded. Those who wait, get hosed.

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Buddy of mine bought an Alien back in Feb based off Heighway promises, paid in full. He got out and received a full refund, likely after raising hell with them (this dude doesn't take shit from people at all). Squeaky wheel gets taken care of, and gets refunded. Those who wait, get hosed.

Oh trust me, I didn't take shit from them. The money didn't exist to refund anymore. Your buddy got lucky when there was still money to refund apparently.

The other 4 guys who asked for refunds within days of me, still haven't gotten their money. I managed to lock their PayPal account, which is the only reason i think they refunded half, but not 100% sure.

#90 6 years ago

ancient-aliens-guy (resized).jpgancient-aliens-guy (resized).jpg

#91 6 years ago

I cant believe it took so long to see that here!

I was thinking they would change the name to: Illegal ALIENS.....the Hunt!
Company Name: My Way or the Heighway!

A little art and code, change the Xeno to ICE, Green Card Locks, and Wall Multiball!

(All in jest.....please no insult intended)

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Oh trust me, I didn't take shit from them. The money didn't exist to refund anymore. Your buddy got lucky when there was still money to refund apparently.
The other 4 guys who asked for refunds within days of me, still haven't gotten their money. I managed to lock their PayPal account, which is the only reason i think they refunded half, but not 100% sure.

They need to find the money to refund anyone who wants out. Once those obligations are satisfied, people can and will have confidence in the new management. There's nothing wrong with them trying to keep people in with incentives, etc... but refund those who do want out as soon as possible.

#93 6 years ago

Kaneda is going to have a field day with this news.....
Hopefully, everything works out and they can start cranking out Alien pinball. It looks like it will be a good pin.

more pinball...more pinball...more pinball...

#94 6 years ago

Andrew Heighway's companies:

Hydrofoils UK Limited
Incorporated 12 September 2016
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10370844

Heighway Pinball (Sales) Limited
Dissolved on 27 December 2016
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09144305

I leave the reader to speculate further. Getting a refund would seem advisable. Anyone wanna put pre-order money down on a hydrofoil?

#95 6 years ago

Refunds will be processed (whatever that means).
The Czech is in the mail.....

Screenshot_20170606-182213 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170606-182213 (resized).png

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Hydrofoils UK Limited
Heighway Pinball (Sales) Limited
Dissolved on 27 December 2016
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09144305
I leave the reader to speculate further. Getting a refund would seem advisable. Anyone wanna put pre-order money down on a hydrofoil?

Andy seems to always have a hot iron in the fire......

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

There is a massive mess of supplier issues and lies that have to be unraveled by the new "owners" so I just don't think it's realistic that any significant number of games will ship this year. My opinion of course. All i'll say is that I've learned a lot from offline discussions with various people. There was a lot of crap going on unseen that probably would have caused nearly everyone to bail if they had known. I sure as hell would have never gotten involved had I known.

How do you know this? (And how do you know for a fact it's true?)...and maybe some of us (all of us) would like to be privy to the same information.

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Hydrofoils UK Limited

He won't be able to keep that afloat, either

#99 6 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

Gerry Stellenberg on the other hand has submitted *lots* but never seems to get them accepted due to prior art

I'd encourage you to check again. Out of the 7 we've filed so far, 5 have issued, 1 is pending and in prosecution, and 1 is pending first review.

We've spent a lot of time and money innovating and building our vision for the future of pinball, and we've done it all on our own dime. Anybody interested in discussing ways of making use of our IP is welcome to contact me at any time.

- Gerry
http://www.multimorphic.com

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

PM'ing people how to spend their money

just to be clear as I am fine with people talking smack and having differing opinions, but making shit up for your narrative is pretty immature and just wrong.

I have NEVER PM'd anyone to do anything of the such.

I may have influence by just being myself and posting to the forum, but is is BS for you to make stuff up like this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

There are 790 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-refund-from-patient-supporter-to-angry-x-customer/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.