Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic poll

“Will i get my money back from Highway Pinball?”

• Yes - the hero investment club will make everything all better. 100 votes
    26%
  • Maybe - if they haven't spent it all already. 82 votes
    21%
  • No way - the sham has been exposed and the investor announcemnt is just to buy more time. 201 votes
    52%

(383 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 49 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

maxresdefault (resized).jpg
clap.gif
shakeitup (resized).png
IMG_1335 (resized).JPG
AE0fzDx (resized).jpg
blowme (resized).jpg
200_s (resized).png
container01.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 6.52.56 PM.jpg
just-three-hours (resized).jpg
alienfp2.jpg
etalienfail.gif
IMG_0413 (resized).JPG
Toads (resized).jpg
young frank wrong then (resized).jpg
paperwork1 (resized).jpg

There are 790 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 16.
#751 1 year ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Thats actually right around the $ i heard were invested by the new group

That amount each or all together 100-200k?

#752 1 year ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

That amount each or all together 100-200k?

I heard 1m $ as the figure. Hearsay but from people I trust who talked directly to the investor group

#753 1 year ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

all together 100-200k?

Had to be far, far more than that.

4 months later
#754 9 months ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

As a longtime paid in full Alien LE customer, I thought I would post one last time to give an update on my refund. Hopefully some of you will find this helpful.
I've been waiting on my refund for several months, and I've been pretty vocal in these threads. But when the new ownership group asked for patience during the ownership transfer, I was willing to give them a chance. Realistically I figured the transfer of ownership wasn't going to happen overnight. I never threw a tantrum or tried to do a fast chargeback. I just stayed in close contact with Morgan & Daniel as the weeks passed by, making sure we were both on the same page.
Well they finally came through on their word, and my full $7900 refund was finally wired to my bank account. It's been fully processed, and I couldn't be more thankful. While the refund process took much longer than I hoped, it all worked out in the end. Daniel & Morgan really wanted to make this right for me & they were very accessible.
If you are still waiting for your refund, I'd say just give them a chance. I'd be shocked if everyone who wanted a refund didn't receive theirs soon. And if you can get a refund, I don't see any reason not to.
So what were the lessons I learned from all this? Well you've heard them before...
1) Never preorder a pin again.
2) Never let dream theme hype influence your decision making.
3) Never buy a pin without playing it first.
4) After you've come so close to losing your money, you quickly realize that spending $8K on a pin is just plain stupid.
This whole experience for the last 2 years has left me pretty jaded. I won't even consider buying anything new for a while now. I'm just turned off in general. There's no rush to buy any of these new games. No more LEs for me either, it's just a marketing ploy to get you to buy now. No more new companies. No more drama for me. If I can't buy a pin today & have it shipped tomorrow, then no thanks.
With that said, I really think the new Heighway owners are going to turn things around. In my opinion, they seem genuine,, but that's no guarantee of success. I really hope they are able to mass produce these Alien pins at some point. But I think the most important thing is that they need to create a reliable quality product with excellent customer service & support. That's my main concern for the company. I wish them all the best, because Alien really looks like an awesome pin.
And most importantly, I hope every customer gets the pins & refunds they've been waiting on.

Great post from 10 months ago.

Interesting thread to read in light of the recent developments.

#755 9 months ago

I can’t believe I managed to get a refund (I had paid in full) back in the summer of last year. It was about a month before the wheels started falling off the bus, and I just felt something was wrong. I asked for a refund and they responded but the refund just never came. I had already been lied to on numerous occasions and thought screw it, I’m gonna lie right back. I made up a story about how I lost my job and needed the money back or my wife was gonna leave me. I felt bad lying to Morgan, I can’t imagine his stress level at that time, but it was 9k of my money and I was told my machine was ready to ship a year ago.

I never looked back. Sorry, Morgan, if you’re out there. Thanks for getting my money back.

I feel terrible for everyone that had hope and just wanted their machine.

Shame on you, Andrew!

1 week later
#756 9 months ago

Anyone else get a letter from MB Insolvency today?

Great timing, i had planned to send them a message today anyway.

#757 9 months ago

I did. Looks like 58 customer preorders unrefunded. Around 200 Alien Machines produced

#758 9 months ago

Same, what are the odds of seeing any part of the deposit? Zero, or close enough to zero to be equivalent to zero?

#759 9 months ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Around 200 Alien Machines produced

I'd be VERY surprised if that was correct!

#760 9 months ago
Quoted from Perspex:

Same, what are the odds of seeing any part of the deposit? Zero, or close enough to zero to be equivalent to zero?

How about- you have a better chance of seeing Prince come back from the dead and doing a show in your backyard than seeing even 10% of your deposit back.

#761 9 months ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Around 200 Alien Machines produced

Anybody know how many were delivered before the meltdown? How many Cointaker got?

#762 9 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

How about- you have a better chance of seeing Prince come back from the dead and doing a show in your backyard than seeing even 10% of your deposit back.

maxresdefault (resized).jpg

#763 9 months ago

How can i up vote this 100 more times?

#764 9 months ago
Quoted from spfxted:

thats from the official liquidation doc that i received

#765 9 months ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Why?

#766 9 months ago

This was posted in the other thread:

Quoted from mnpinball:

As of November 1st 2017 only enough molded toys were made for 120 games.
No more orders were placed with the molder vendors supplier.

#767 9 months ago

I would have guessed between 100 and 150 tops....just my guess...

#768 9 months ago

Yeah, But even at 200 that's pretty damn low for what could have been. still a damn shame.

#769 9 months ago

62 people have Alien listed in their collection whereas 114 have TNA listed (around 140 produced).

Alien wish list 191
TNA wish list 261

Of course there is an unknown, what if a TNA person lists it in collection before it is built?

Also maybe more Alien were sold in Europe which may be under represented in Pinside numbers.

#770 9 months ago
Quoted from rai:

62 people have Alien listed in their collection whereas 114 have TNA listed (around 140 produced).
Alien wish list 191
TNA wish list 261
Of course there is an unknown, what if a TNA person lists it in collection before it is built?
Also maybe more Alien were sold in Europe which may be under represented in Pinside numbers.

How many alien pins not listed on pinside?

#771 9 months ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

How many alien pins not listed on pinside?

Impossible to say but typically with a known production pin there will be a fair number listed on Pinside.

400 Tron LE made and 217 are listed as owned on pinside.

450 XMLE sold and 240 listed as owned by Pinside.

150 AMH sold 98 listed on Pinside.

#772 9 months ago

Dude apparently involved with the molds said only 120 molds went to heighway.. so 120 or less.

#773 9 months ago

A successful business such as Heighway Pinball (Andrew’s words) always dual sources all components.

#774 9 months ago
Quoted from MrBally:

A successful business such as Heighway Pinball (Andrew’s words) always dual sources all components.

In theory - yes. For low volume (under 10k units) - no.

#775 9 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

A physicist goes into a bar every week and orders a drink for himself, and one for the empty barstool next to him.

After a few weeks, the owner finally asks him what he’s doing.

The man says, “well, I’m a physicist, and quantum mechanics teaches us that it is possible for the matter above this stool to spontaneously turn into a beautiful woman who might accept my free drink and fall in love with me.”

The owner then says, “well, there are lots of single, beautiful women here, why don’t you buy a drink for one of them, and they might fall in love with you?”

The physicist replies, “yeah, but what are the odds of that happening?”

#776 9 months ago

Pinball news published the report from the liquidator - in short... they got nothing due to most things behind leased and behind in other payments due. Preferred creditors will get any scraps. The pinball buyers in this case aren't going to see anything.

#777 9 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Pinball news published the report from the liquidator - in short... they got nothing due to most things behind leased and behind in other payments due. Preferred creditors will get any scraps. The pinball buyers in this case aren't going to see anything.

There is nothing to give to anyone.

#778 9 months ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

There is nothing to give to anyone.

wish they had some bread ...

A duck walks into a bar. And he says to the bartender "Got any bread?" The bartender says "No, I don't have any bread." The duck walks out, sorely disappointed.

So the next day, he walks back into the bar, asks the same question, gets the same answer.

The day after, he walks back into the bar, and again, asks the bartender, "Do you have any bread?" The bartender, having still not figured out why this duck seems to think he may have some bread, says to the duck, "No, and if you come back in here tomorrow and ask me if I have any bread, I will nail your bill to the bar!"

The duck frowns, turns around, and walks out of the bar. So the next day, the duck walks back into the bar, and asks the bartender "Got any nails?"

The bartender says, "No."

So the duck says, "Got any bread?"

#779 9 months ago

A penguin walks into a bar and says to the bartender, "I'm looking for my brother."
The bartender says, "What does he look like?"

#780 9 months ago

A guy goes into a bar with a steering wheel in his pants.
The bartender says, "Hey, dude!...you have a steering wheel in your pants!"
The guy says. "I know!...it's driving me nuts!!"

#781 9 months ago
Quoted from rai:

Alien wish list 191
TNA wish list 261

I often show a game in my collection if I've made a deposit. This *was* the case for Alien, so some of those people that made deposits may still be showing Alien in their collection.

Like others, I would guess 100-150 total made with 1/2 or more outside the US. So maybe 50 are stateside and almost all of those are SEs.

There is always a chance it could be remade by Pinball Brothers - but statements in the liquidation doc about it needing to be re-designed to lower production/testing times makes me question that. Couple that with the potential license renewal difficulty and it reduces those chances further.

#782 9 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I often show a game in my collection if I've made a deposit. This *was* the case for Alien, so some of those people that made deposits may still be showing Alien in their collection.
Like others, I would guess 100-150 total made with 1/2 or more outside the US. So maybe 50 are stateside and almost all of those are SEs.
There is always a chance it could be remade by Pinball Brothers - but statements in the liquidation doc about it needing to be re-designed to lower production/testing times makes me question that. Couple that with the potential license renewal difficulty and it reduces those chances further.

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2018/04/26/heighway-pinball-faces-liquidation/

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2018/05/10/heighway-pinball-by-the-numbers/

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2018/05/06/andrew-heighway-interview/

#783 9 months ago

Wow (after reading both articles and the meeting liquidation report). What an end to this saga. Sorry for all of those who lost out.

I've played this machine before, and was hopeful that everything would get straightened out. It does sound like there is some chance that Pinball Bros may try to hold onto some of the IP and equipment and try to resurrect the game, although it's slim.

#784 9 months ago
Quoted from RTS:

A physicist goes into a bar every week and orders a drink for himself, and one for the empty barstool next to him.
After a few weeks, the owner finally asks him what he’s doing.
The man says, “well, I’m a physicist, and quantum mechanics teaches us that it is possible for the matter above this stool to spontaneously turn into a beautiful woman who might accept my free drink and fall in love with me.”
The owner then says, “well, there are lots of single, beautiful women here, why don’t you buy a drink for one of them, and they might fall in love with you?”
The physicist replies, “yeah, but what are the odds of that happening?”

That's funny

#785 9 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

So maybe 50 are stateside and almost all of those are SEs.

IMHO there is almost no difference between the SE and the LE. Some paint, some art and a plack. The beacons can be added.

#786 9 months ago
Quoted from MrBally:

FORD didn't.

#787 9 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

wish they had some bread ...
A duck walks into a bar. And he says to the bartender "Got any bread?" The bartender says "No, I don't have any bread." The duck walks out, sorely disappointed.
So the next day, he walks back into the bar, asks the same question, gets the same answer.
The day after, he walks back into the bar, and again, asks the bartender, "Do you have any bread?" The bartender, having still not figured out why this duck seems to think he may have some bread, says to the duck, "No, and if you come back in here tomorrow and ask me if I have any bread, I will nail your bill to the bar!"
The duck frowns, turns around, and walks out of the bar. So the next day, the duck walks back into the bar, and asks the bartender "Got any nails?"
The bartender says, "No."
So the duck says, "Got any bread?"

Man I love a good duck joke! Haven't heard that one before. Here's my favorite:

A duck walks into a bar and shouts "Hey! Anybody know if the construction job across the street is hiring?"

All the patrons at the bar turn to look at the duck, in stunned silence with jaws wide open, until the bartender exclaims "Holy shit! It's a talking duck!"

The duck dismissively waves his wing in the air and says "Yeah yeah yeah buddy. I hear that shit all the time. So does anybody know the foreman over there? I really need a f**kin' job!"

The bartender gets a confused look on his face and asks "Well a duck like you should get a job at the circus, you could make a fortune!"

The duck shouts "The circus? What the f**k is the circus gonna do with a goddamn bricklayer?"

#788 9 months ago
Quoted from spfxted:

200 alien eggs maybe...

#789 9 months ago

Yep, they didn't, and boy is it going to cost them....

#790 9 months ago

They may have a problem with Sarbanes-Oxley where certain statements indicate they do not rely on sole-sources.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
St Louis, MO
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middleborough, MA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 790 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 16.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside