You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will i get my money back from Highway Pinball?”

• Yes - the hero investment club will make everything all better. 100 votes
    26%
  • Maybe - if they haven't spent it all already. 83 votes
    22%
  • No way - the sham has been exposed and the investor announcemnt is just to buy more time. 202 votes
    52%

(385 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

maxresdefault (resized).jpg
clap.gif
shakeitup (resized).png
IMG_1335 (resized).JPG
AE0fzDx (resized).jpg
blowme (resized).jpg
200_s (resized).png
container01.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 6.52.56 PM.jpg
just-three-hours (resized).jpg
alienfp2.jpg
etalienfail.gif
IMG_0413 (resized).JPG
Toads (resized).jpg
young frank wrong then (resized).jpg
paperwork1 (resized).jpg
There are 790 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 16.
#701 6 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Apparently Monitor instead of Fiber optics (rumor)

Was that not confirmed?

#702 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I was debating cancelling my Alien LE preorder. I dont know when its ever going to come out. Any opinions? Stick with it? cancel because of concerns? I put 2000.00 towards the machine so far via cointaker. Decisions.. decisions..

Here is my advice...handed down from generations of Johnsons .When it comes to matters of money and how to spend or invest it, never give advice!

Although it would seem you have at worst, a 50/50 chance of giving the right advice, somehow the universe conspires against us. Of course, even if you are right most of the time, the 10% you're wrong completely overshadows the 90% you're right.

My advice (also handed down from generation to generation) is "go with your gut".

#703 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Was that not confirmed?

I havent gotten any official email or phone call so i'm calling it rumor

#704 6 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

I havent gotten any official email or phone call so i'm calling it rumor

Oh, ok. Sorry. I thought I saw somewhere that someone got an official email....

#705 6 years ago

I can't tell anyone what to do with their money but I can tell you that Alien is a fantastic pinball machine. I own/owned some great machines and I've played just about everything out there...Alien is right at the top for the overall package - theme/code/sound.

When will the LE's ship...I have no idea.
Will Heighway be able to keep the ship afloat...I have no idea.
But if you do get one you will be very happy with how it plays.

#706 6 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Here is my advice...handed down from generations of Johnsons .When it comes to matters of money and how to spend or invest it, never give advice!
Although it would seem you have at worst, a 50/50 chance of giving the right advice, somehow the universe conspires against us. Of course, even if you are right most of the time, the 10% you're wrong completely overshadows the 90% you're right.
My advice (also handed down from generation to generation) is "go with your gut".

My gut tells me that I have spent way too much money on pinball machines, I dont have room anymore, and if My wife sees that I bought yet another machine, she will be very upset. But my mid life crisis is telling me spend spend spend!

#707 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

My gut tells me that I have spent way too much money on pinball machines, I dont have room anymore, and if My wife sees that I bought yet another machine, she will be very upset. But my mid life crisis is telling me spend spend spend!

You sound like one angry mo!

#708 6 years ago
Quoted from nman:

refund whack-a-mole

Thank you for giving it a name. You made my day.

#709 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Was that not confirmed?

Absolutely yes (from morgan, directly to me, fwiw). There is no reason in hell for them to build/ ship a single game of any type if their intent was to tank. They are just getting their legs underneath them with a great product.

Seeing the last unboxing w added goodies only furthers the case that they are going to make this happen. The early LE price will be more than worth the wait for me, when it arrives....and it will arrive.

Who knows what else they decide to add to the LE? Is a gloss cabinet really out? Is PDI really in? How cool would custom/ LE only decals to accent the side of the cabinet look?

Excitement building again (probably because I've stayed away from the site for a bit...)

#710 6 years ago

Still no refund.
The company to me is no different than skit-b

#711 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Still no refund.
The company to me is no different than skit-b

Way confused...you were made whole some time ago via chargeback, correct? Thought I read that......

#712 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Way confused...you were made whole some time ago via chargeback, correct? Thought I read that......

Couldn't get back the 1000 pounds deposit. Was too far back for a charge back.
Been trying to get it through Heighway to no avail.

#713 6 years ago

Wow, I'm really surprised they haven't taken care of you yet... Common Heighway!

#714 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Couldn't get back the 1000 pounds deposit. Was too far back for a charge back.
Been trying to get it through Heighway to no avail.

Whoa...sorry man...they gotta make you whole...fix the books, get these resolved!!! We know cash is flowing....I bring this stuff up every time I communicate w Morgan ( " seems there are some still waiting on refunds, troublesome"). He always adds " they are working to get through these" to my inquiries.

More than enough $$$ on the table to square...gotta get the games out, hence ending the refund nightmare. They have to know that.....Im rooting for everyone that wants out gets the coin, and early adopters arent slighted w " new money". Believe the game will be strong enough to make it happen...

#715 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

My story is at post #588.
Nothing has changed since then.

#716 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

My story is at post #588.
Nothing has changed since then.

So you didnt do your initial deposit through paypal, but all subsequent ones? It seems Daniel acknowledged their inheriting a mess, and was glad you got your money back, while apologies. Again, what am I missing? You did get refunded, just through paypal, just not heighway directly?

I get being ill, just wondering if Daniel was under belief that you were made whole by the chargeback. I am on your side if you are owed money, missing something here...

#717 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So you didnt do your initial deposit through paypal, but all subsequent ones? It seems Daniel acknowledged their inheriting a mess, and was glad you got your money back, while apologies. Again, what am I missing? You did get refunded, just through paypal, just not heighway directly?
I get being ill, just wondering if Daniel was under belief that you were made whole by the chargeback. I am on your side if you are owed money, missing something here...

The initial deposit couldn't be gotten back with a charge back as it was to far away in time. So still waiting for 1000 pounds to be refunded by Heighway.

All but the initial refunds were initiated by PayPal on request of @Toads. Heighway didn't do sh#t but made it sound that they took care of it.

#718 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

The initial deposit couldn't be gotten back with a charge back as it was to far away in time. So still waiting for 1000 pounds to be refunded by Heighway.
All but the initial refunds were initiated by PayPal on request of Toads. Heighway didn't do sh#t but made it sound that they took care of it.

Got it..thanks for clarity. Im adding to the other thread I started

#719 6 years ago

No refund here either.

#720 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

No refund here either.

Got you down in the other thread...thanks Hank!!!

#721 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

All but the initial refunds were initiated by PayPal on request of Toads. Heighway didn't do sh#t but made it sound that they took care of it.

Thanks for the reply, I'm a little slow.
Yes MK6PIN this is how it went down.

#722 6 years ago

So that's it? One single refund two weeks ago??
...sheesh

2 weeks later
#723 6 years ago

Just out of curiosity, has anyone consulted an attorney regarding these "refunds" that are simply not occurring? Is anyone here an attorney, who could possibly weigh in on this matter? I have lost all patience, due to non communication from this company.

#724 6 years ago
Quoted from billycrna:

Just out of curiosity, has anyone consulted an attorney regarding these "refunds" that are simply not occurring? Is anyone here an attorney, who could possibly weigh in on this matter? I have lost all patience, due to non communication from this company.

You should retain your own legal counsel. Never pay one who solicits themselves to work for you similar to the way that companies sell dog food on teevee.

#725 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

You should retain your own legal counsel. Never pay one who solicits themselves to work for you similar to the way that companies sell dog food on teevee.

Agreed.....with yet a second batch of standards getting delivered next week, I certainly expect some positive info in this thread, as well

#726 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Agreed.....with yet a second batch of standards getting delivered next week, I certainly expect some positive info in this thread, as well

What has that got to do with refunds?

#727 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

What has that got to do with refunds?

Cash to facilitate

#728 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Cash to facilitate

I was under the impression the new investors came on board to inject that said cash.

#729 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

I was under the impression the new investors came on board to inject that said cash.

HA!

#730 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

I see that some new investor cash is also critical for game production to generate revenue.

If all new investor cash goes to refunds, there may be no additional revenue to produce games, and the whole operation can run dry.

But if new cash rolls in from continued production, additional cash is created for refunds, and new orders. It looks like a delicate balance which is obviously frustrating for those who have been waiting the longest.

#731 6 years ago

There are some real Heighway apologists in this thread. People have been left waiting for refunds for a long time, yet there are still people making excuses for Heighway.

The way I look at it there is zero excuse for not immediately providing refunds when requested.

#732 6 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

But if new cash rolls in from continued production, additional cash is created for refunds, and new orders. It looks like a delicate balance which is obviously frustrating for those who have been waiting the longest.

They should let the people waiting know this, the fact that many can't even get a response isn't good.

#733 6 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

The way I look at it there is zero excuse for not immediately providing refunds when requested.

What if there is little money available, and the money available is prioritized to production so people still in can get their games?

#734 6 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

There are some real Heighway apologists in this thread. People have been left waiting for refunds for a long time, yet there are still people making excuses for Heighway.

I'm not apologizing for them.

The excuse for not providing refunds is they don't have the money available for all refunds AND continued production.

If the new owners didn't come in, there would be no refunds at all. If they can't show they are capable of producing games, nobody is going to stupidly toss new money their way,

Without new money, it increases the likelihood that refunds become unavailable and the company folds for good.

If I were waiting on a refund, I'd be happier to see revenue coming in to the company than not. It is much more likely they'll get refunded.

Preordering is risky, but some still do it, presumably to spend less for the game. Those who don't understand the risk take zero responsibility for their actions. I still empathize and understand their frustration.

#735 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What if there is little money available, and the money available is prioritized to production so people still in can get their games?

Exactly. Games have to be produced, so the company can get income, so they can pay off creditors. So, money has to be prioritized towards production which means creditors may have to wait. Sucks, but alternative is to just declare bankruptcy than no one gets games, and maybe no refunds. I think the investors are trying to build a sustainable company, it will take a while to dig out of the hole.

Quoted from Hazoff:

They should let the people waiting know this, the fact that many can't even get a response isn't good.

Agreed, this is the big one for me. I get not providing all refunds immediately, but not replying to people who are rightly concerned about their money is bad. Communication about this stuff should be much better.

#736 6 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

I would agree with you is the money was paid to the same people that should refund the money. As I see it the investors took over on assumptions of SALES not assumptions of refunds. I am in since 2015 so I have skin in this, but I also am being realistic as to understand that the investors did not take over this company just to refund all the money that another person got paid. They are in to deliver us the pinball machines we wanted when we ordered them.

I do not really understand why there are still new people asking for refunds as machines get delivered. Why did you order one in the first place ?

No excuses for orders that want a refund that ordered after the new guys came in, but how many of those are there? Is that known ?

#737 6 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Agreed, this is the big one for me. I get not providing all refunds immediately, but not replying to people who are rightly concerned about their money is bad. Communication about this stuff should be much better.

This. I believe they are going to get refunds done eventually. I hope they meet their Q1 2018 mark for that.

They really need to work on communication even tho im sure they get hundreds of emails a day all from the same people who dont want to wait even tho that is what is going to happen

--Jeff

#738 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

I do not really understand why there are still new people asking for refunds as machines get delivered. Why did you order one in the first place ?

It's because most of the machines have trouble one way or the other. Some are waiting to buy later when all the bugs are worked out, there is a manual and better communication and support....

#739 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

It's because most of the machines have trouble one way or the other. Some are waiting to buy later when all the bugs are worked out, there is a manual and better communication and support....

Fair enough but why not think of this before ordering from a fairly new company? When I ordered I did not expect to get a 100% troublefree machine, just as I do not do when ordering from another company by the way. I also still not have the manual for my Dialed In (the printed version) and Stern does not give schematics for Spike. Support is pretty good when talking to Helmut.

#740 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

When I ordered I did not expect to get a 100% troublefree machine

Sorry, if I'm spending $7K+ I expect to get a 100% working machine...but's that's just me....

#741 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

I would agree with you is the money was paid to the same people that should refund the money. As I see it the investors took over on assumptions of SALES not assumptions of refunds. I am in since 2015 so I have skin in this, but I also am being realistic as to understand that the investors did not take over this company just to refund all the money that another person got paid. They are in to deliver us the pinball machines we wanted when we ordered them.
No excuses for orders that want a refund that ordered after the new guys came in, but how many of those are there? Is that known ?

I get what you are saying but the new investors came in knowing (hopefully) what their obligations were (producing ordered machines and processing refunds).

If they weren't prepared for the potential of refunds and were banking solely on new orders to bail them out, then that was a mistake.

#742 6 years ago

Can't help but think how different it would be if each of the new investors tossed in 100-200k more or so each. Refunds could be handed out and people who have been fully paid or money down for not just a year but years got their games first without having to wait for new buyers to infuse more cash. What a thought.

#743 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Can't help but think how different it would be if each of the new investors tossed in 100-200k

Thats actually right around the $ i heard were invested by the new group

#744 6 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

Yep. And there is a bunch of egg of some people's face for how they pumped up the new owners.

#745 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Can't help but think how different it would be if each of the new investors tossed in 100-200k more or so each. Refunds could be handed out and people who have been fully paid or money down for not just a year but years got their games first without having to wait for new buyers to infuse more cash. What a thought.

Just think if they tossed in $1M-$2M more. It's easy to think about if it's someone else's money.

It's extremely fortunate that new investors came in at all, willing to take a chance. There's no guarantee, but other preorder startups were not so lucky.

#746 6 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

And there is a bunch of egg of some people's face for how they pumped up the new owners.

no egg yet. Machines are going out the door and refunds actually are being issued regardless of the hype on pinside. Maybe not the speed anyone would like but its a fact that people have gotten their money back and people ARE getting machine that work pretty well except for a few issues.

would you rather have them close up shop and fuck everybody?

#747 6 years ago

They (new owner's) also could of waited until Andrew was legally forced to close the doors and declare the company bankrupt.. They instead chose to assume ALL responsibilities inherited by Andrew's terrible business decisions and try to make it right for everybody with money in the game. Most people bitchin' on here don't even have ANYTHING invested and are simply just trolling like caped crusaders! What pinball company doesn't have game play or customer service issues? Name one please!

#748 6 years ago

More games have been produced and more refunds have been processed since the new owners took over.

Though game production, refunds, support and communication could be better, wouldn't you say the outlook is quite a bit brighter than if the company we're still in Andrew's hands?

Edit: Apologies, this comment is off topic.

#749 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

They (new owner's) also could of waited until Andrew was legally forced to close the doors and declare the company bankrupt.. They instead chose to assume ALL responsibilities inherited by Andrew's terrible business decisions and try to make it right for everybody with money in the game. Most people bitchin' on here don't even have ANYTHING invested and are simply just trolling like caped crusaders! What pinball company doesn't have game play or customer service issues? Name one please!

This is a thread about people not getting refunded when they asked for it. The people that are trolling (if any) are the people pretending that the refund problem is just some sort of myth or hype.

#750 6 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

This. I believe they are going to get refunds done eventually. I hope they meet their Q1 2018 mark for that.
They really need to work on communication even tho im sure they get hundreds of emails a day all from the same people who dont want to ait event tho that is what is going to happen
--Jeff

Unfortunately this seems to be the new reality. Whether you're waiting on your game, or still waiting on your refund, the sad truth is that it's going to take some time (at least Q2 2018) to make it happen, as they need those new sales & new cash infusion. They admitted as much in their last email, and that's a tough balancing act making everyone happy while meeting the companies bottom line.

I've been in your shoes (when I was waiting on refund), and understand the impatience & frustrations you all are feeling. Shitty to admit, but sitting tight & waiting for HP to work out their issues looks like your best option. Lawsuits won't help resolve the situation at all IMO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

There are 790 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-refund-from-patient-supporter-to-angry-x-customer/page/15?hl=keeperusa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.