You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will i get my money back from Highway Pinball?”

• Yes - the hero investment club will make everything all better. 100 votes
    26%
  • Maybe - if they haven't spent it all already. 83 votes
    22%
  • No way - the sham has been exposed and the investor announcemnt is just to buy more time. 202 votes
    52%

(385 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

maxresdefault (resized).jpg
clap.gif
shakeitup (resized).png
IMG_1335 (resized).JPG
AE0fzDx (resized).jpg
blowme (resized).jpg
200_s (resized).png
container01.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 6.52.56 PM.jpg
just-three-hours (resized).jpg
alienfp2.jpg
etalienfail.gif
IMG_0413 (resized).JPG
Toads (resized).jpg
young frank wrong then (resized).jpg
paperwork1 (resized).jpg
There are 790 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 16.
#652 6 years ago

...and email. Daily. Several times a day.

#653 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

If I had to guess all their money is tied up in those machines coming over, I bet after they arrive/sell or however payment works the rest of refunds will be taken care of?

CoinTaker pays for machines upon delivery in US. Games to be delivered today and tomorrow. Shipment to CT was 21+ pins via truck / train / ship / truck. Some games (2 is my guess) were airfreighted to Expo, but delivery address was mucked and those have been rerouted to CT. Another 21+ games were sent to multilple countries. Some of those come to CT. If I had to guess I'd say CT gets 25 SE's with another 5 arriving soon. Don't know about HP supplying parts to upgrade and fix existing machines, but they better have included in shipments. They are past due to begin supporting their games and will need to step up efforts immediately.

If CT owed HP $7k per game, $175k will be wired upon acceptance. I'll bet the balance of refunds occur by next week. HP should have communicated better, but realistically it shouldn't be much longer to receive refunds. Customer Service has a long way to go.

#654 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

CoinTaker pays for machines upon delivery in US. Games were delivered yesterday and today. Shipment to CT was 21+ pins via truck / train / ship / truck. Some games (2 is my guess) were airfreighted to Expo, but delivery address was mucked and those have been rerouted to CT. Another 21+ games were sent to multilple countries. Some of those come to CT. If I had to guess I'd say CT has 25 SE's now with another 5 coming. Don't know about parts to upgrade existing machines, but that better be included. If they owed HP $7k per game, $1.75M would have been wired upon acceptance from them alone. I'll bet balance of refunds occur by next week. HP should have communicated better, but realistically it shouldn't be much longer to receive refunds.

I love the info here. Matches what I've heard as well except that CT actually hasnt received anything yet in their warehouse. The 21 shipment is in port and air drama has been rerouted but I don't believe CT has them yet. Hoping tomorrow but could be Friday.

#655 6 years ago

That makes sense, so probably as I was thinking - out of cash untill they get the payment of 150k or however much it is, hopefully refunds will see some more action after.

#656 6 years ago

I was under the impression CT had paid for these games to Andrew, when he lied and said they were on their way ages back.

#657 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

I was under the impression CT had paid for these games to Andrew, when he lied and said they were on their way ages back.

Nope

#658 6 years ago

I hope the drama is over soon, people get games, refunds, returned calls and emails, & support / replacement parts when needed. It’s gonna be interesting to watch the next few months how things really shake out, and how reliable and good these games really are. My concern is them oweing allot more than just a few refunds.... like vendors, creditors, payroll, and on and on. They were stupid to go quiet like they did, at least in my opinion..... it’s kinda hard to believe actually.

#659 6 years ago

CoinTaker pays for machines upon delivery in US. Games to be delivered today and tomorrow. Shipment to CT was 21+ pins via truck / train / ship / truck. Some games (2 is my guess) were airfreighted to Expo, but delivery address was mucked and those have been rerouted to CT. Another 21+ games were sent to multilple countries. Some of those come to CT. If I had to guess I'd say CT gets 25 SE's with another 5 arriving soon. Don't know about HP supplying parts to upgrade and fix existing machines, but they better have included in shipments. They are past due to begin supporting their games and will need to step up efforts immediately.
If CT owed HP $7k per game, $175k will be wired upon acceptance. I'll bet the balance of refunds occur by next week. HP should have communicated better, but realistically it shouldn't be much longer to receive refunds. Customer Service has a long way to go.

For everyone’s sake, I hope “the games are on the boat” isn’t the new “the check is in the mail.” From your timeline, sounds like we should know within a few days.

#660 6 years ago

If CT owed HP $7k per game, $175k will be wired upon acceptance. I'll bet the balance of refunds occur by next week.

i wouldn't be so sure. i guess nobody here has been over in the TBL thread in a while. i believe it to be credible. might help explain a few other things that have been going on lately.

Quoted from rubberducks:

After holding out for a long time, CT finally caved and paid Andrew Heighway for the 10 Alien machines they were owed, plus other stuff, after he begged them for the cash so he could finish the build of their games. The few that they did then build, they were double or triple selling to other parties.
CT went apopleptic, understandably, after learning what was going on, and Andrew avoiding them like all his other customers. He then sent them 'evidence' of the machines shipping. He promptly sold said machines (including FThs) to a Dutch guy, who drove there with a truck and cash, which he had intended to do all along.
They were supposedly owed into 6 figures, for those machines and other product, and never would have got anything if the new owners hadn't stepped in.

shakeitup (resized).pngshakeitup (resized).png

#661 6 years ago

10 days? Wow. I've been waiting 730 days.

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I gave cointaker 2000.00 towards an LE. I wrote to them about 10 days ago asking for any updates.. no response.

#662 6 years ago

Unfortunately no progress nor communication to manage expectations. This is getting kind of depressing

#663 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

For everyone’s sake, I hope “the games are on the boat” isn’t the new “the check is in the mail.” From your timeline, sounds like we should know within a few days.

People saying they're pi King theirs up today

#664 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

People saying they're pi King theirs up today

Just confirmed that mine is at Cointaker as of today. Shipping to my door very soon.

#665 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Just confirmed that mine is at Cointaker as of today. Shipping to my door very soon.

Yeah we heard you the first 20 times Congrats man, enjoy!

#666 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah we heard you the first 20 times Congrats man, enjoy!

lol....just seeing a lot of posts still questioning whether or not these games will ever ship...when some have already shipped (recently).

#667 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Are you paying for shipping from CT?

#668 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Are you paying for shipping from CT?

Yes.

#669 6 years ago

where are the current ppl who are getting their standard inline compared to the LE buyers that were in it from day 1? Did some of these ppl who are already getting their standards only order a year ago or less? LE buyers who have been in it from day one have no idea when to expect their games? Cause that's how I feel and I am a LE buyer since day 1 and was paid in full. I did take a partial refund via paypal yet I still got the majority of my funds in.

#670 6 years ago
Quoted from madscientist101:

LE buyers who have been in it from day one have no idea when to expect their games?

I believe this has been discussed to death. LE's are coming after the initial SE run. Highway had no choice but to do it that way (parts issue). The LE's should start shipping next month.

#671 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I believe this has been discussed to death. LE's are coming after the initial SE run. Highway had no choice but to do it that way (parts issue). The LE's should start shipping next month.

What I heard, as well, Christmas time, latest.

#672 6 years ago

So just for the record.

Been promised more than ones that I will receive my refund at a certain date. No refund, only broken promises and no communications since last week. Heighway is totally ignoring all my mails (both customer service and management) I did send them since last week asking what in the world is going on.

#673 6 years ago

I know it's way past ridiculous..but have you phoned their office and tried speaking with someone? Its a shame you have been treated like this. Damn i want this game..but the lack of customer support is keeping me away. I just cant justify giving these guy's money.

#674 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I know it's way past ridiculous..but have you phoned their office and tried speaking with someone? Its a shame you have been treated like this. Damn i want this game..but the lack of customer support is keeping me away. I just cant justify giving these guy's money.

I have invited them more than ones to call me so we could handle this matter in a more personal way. But they haven't called me ones. In the end it does not matter how we communicate if promises keep being broken by Heighway.

#675 6 years ago

I can’t get anyone to answer the phone. And, you can’t leave a message. Ridiculous.

#676 6 years ago

Very strange. Is there another number perhaps?

#677 6 years ago
Quoted from billycrna:

I can’t get anyone to answer the phone. And, you can’t leave a message. Ridiculous.

theres no excuse for that... totally unprofessional. you would think they would want to keep customers not drive/scare them away.

#678 6 years ago

Another short update:

I am in the 'fourth promise cycle' now, already been promised a refund 3 times and evenly so been disappointed. Hope they will come true this time, but still no refund money on my bank account

#679 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Another short update:
I am in the 'fourth promise cycle' now, already been promised a refund 3 times and evenly so been disappointed. Hope they will come true this time, but still no refund money on my bank account

I hope anyone considering putting down new money on an alien is watching this thread. Myself, I would never support a company who handled refunds in this manner. Shameful.....

#680 6 years ago
Quoted from cliff_clavin:

I hope anyone considering putting down new money on an alien is watching this thread. Myself, I would never support a company who handled refunds in this manner. Shameful.....

THIS is how they are shooting themselves in the foot! The people all in already have no choice...wait until Heighway does something and hope they don't go under.
People with only a $1,000 deposit can wait it out and always get a refund from their distributor. But NEW people and NEW money are reading all this crap about no refunds, no communication, no sending parts, no quality control, etc and are going to wait it out to see what happens.
The New Owners have no idea what to do to suck in the new money. A simple Facebook Update every week (good or bad), send out the damn Xeno Heads to those poor basturds who need them, tell the LE people just what the hell is going on....doesn't seem too tough....

#682 6 years ago

This thread is why I bailed out on Aliens. Sure, they've finally delivered some machines, but their (near) total lack of communication is why I won't deal with them, be it Andrew, these new guys, etc. They lack professionalism.

#683 6 years ago

Been reading this thread and just wanted to express my thoughts on this. As I see it from the business side, the new investors took in the information of Andrew how many machines were ordered and how much money that would bring into the company. He would also have given them the info about outstanding refunds.

When they took over they promised to make the machines and to refund the people that wanted a refund. But my guess is that a lot of people took the chance and asked for a refund after the promise of the new owners to make whole on the refunds. That would throw off the whole financial situation and made the financial outlook a lot worse. If they would have said they would refund outstanding refunds, but not new ones, they would not have had this situation.

My opinion is that the investors took on a hell of a job completing this endeavour and they miscalculated the number of people that would bail if they could. Look at how many people want to get out of TBL but DP just says: no refunds ! Again in my opinion the new people at HP had much more right to do it like that because they never received the funds in the first place, as DP did.

I am just a customer, paid in full since 2015 and of course I am not happy with the whole situation, but remember that without the new investors, all would have been lost anyway. No machines AND no refunds. If the investors can hang in there and get the production steadily going I am convinced that they can sell al lot of Alien machines.

#684 6 years ago

Good news. I just received the payment confirmation from Heighway that my money is on the way. Should be with me hopefully tomorrow or otherwise just after the weekend. Finally

#685 6 years ago

that's great news! Happy to hear

#686 6 years ago

Good news. I just received the payment confirmation from Heighway that my money is on the way. Should me with me hopefully tomorrow or otherwise just after the weekend. Finally

clap.gifclap.gif

#687 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Been reading this thread and just wanted to express my thoughts on this. As I see it from the business side, the new investors took in the information of Andrew how many machines were ordered and how much money that would bring into the company. He would also have given them the info about outstanding refunds.
When they took over they promised to make the machines and to refund the people that wanted a refund. But my guess is that a lot of people took the chance and asked for a refund after the promise of the new owners to make whole on the refunds. That would throw off the whole financial situation and made the financial outlook a lot worse. If they would have said they would refund outstanding refunds, but not new ones, they would not have had this situation.
My opinion is that the investors took on a hell of a job completing this endeavour and they miscalculated the number of people that would bail if they could. Look at how many people want to get out of TBL but DP just says: no refunds ! Again in my opinion the new people at HP had much more right to do it like that because they never received the funds in the first place, as DP did.
I am just a customer, paid in full since 2015 and of course I am not happy with the whole situation, but remember that without the new investors, all would have been lost anyway. No machines AND no refunds. If the investors can hang in there and get the production steadily going I am convinced that they can sell al lot of Alien machines.

They should have known what they were getting into and done their homework. I never truly thought anything would change with "new" investors that were same people as before.

There is no excuse for the lack of communication and ignoring people. Obviously I have no love for the company after what I went through with them and that's only reinforced seeing the lengths others have gone to just to get a damn response.

I just want people to get their money back.

#688 6 years ago

Good news. I just received the payment confirmation from Heighway that my money is on the way. Should be with me hopefully tomorrow or otherwise just after the weekend. Finally

well done, happy to hear.

come back, tomorrow or next week with a final yes!!... its in my account, post...

#689 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Andrew blatantly lied about his background and experience to potential customers. Maybe he suddenly became honest when he tried to sell assets to potential buyers.... Karma will get that no good sonofabitch.

#690 6 years ago

Just got a text message from my bank, the refund is in

Although the total process was very unsatisfying due to promises being broken, I must say that the cooperation of Heighway and the communication in the last few days was very good. I hope this is the start of improving their service and communication.

#691 6 years ago

I hope this is the start of improving their service and communication.

A good start! Congrats!

#692 6 years ago

Just got a text message from my bank, the refund is in
Although the total process was very unsatisfying due to promises being broken, I must say that the cooperation of Heighway and the communication in the last few days was very good. I hope this is the start of improving their service and communication.

While I admire your positive outlook, I would surmise they saw the thread and wanted it to die down. Let’s hope you are right and I am wrong. Glad you finally got it.

Cheers.

#693 6 years ago
Quoted from cliff_clavin:

While I admire your positive outlook, I would surmise they saw the thread and wanted it to die down. Let’s hope you are right and I am wrong. Glad you finally got it. Cheers.

If that's the case, it sure took them long enough! @pinballrulez's case has been a huge red flag against doing business with these guys for months now. Shocking that they let this fester for so long, it cannot have helped in their attempt to differentiate New Heighway from Old Heighway.

#694 6 years ago

Has there been only 1 recent refund, that we know of?

#695 6 years ago
Quoted from billycrna:

Has there been only 1 recent refund, that we know of?

Think this was the first in a couple of months, since I received mine. There have been more and more pinsiders popping up waiting on refunds. Hell, when I got mine, I thought Toads was the only one left...

#696 6 years ago

I was debating cancelling my Alien LE preorder. I dont know when its ever going to come out. Any opinions? Stick with it? cancel because of concerns? I put 2000.00 towards the machine so far via cointaker. Decisions.. decisions..

#697 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I was debating cancelling my Alien LE preorder. I dont know when its ever going to come out. Any opinions? Stick with it? cancel because of concerns? I put 2000.00 towards the machine so far via cointaker. Decisions.. decisions..

Depends on what price you got in on and how much you care about the (ever-diminishing) LE add-ons. If you didn't lock in a lower price, then you might as well if you're worried. Since you're dealing with CT, you shouldn't have an issue actually getting your refund and i doubt there will be any shortage of either model anytime soon if you want to reorder.

I've strongly considered canceling myself on and off for the past few months since I don't care about half of the remaining LE extras, but i have an earlier LE price and went through Heighway for the order, so I haven't really felt like playing refund whack-a-mole with them for my $5500. Also, the game does look great if they can get their shit together.

#698 6 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Depends on what price you got in on and how much you care about the (ever-diminishing) LE add-ons. If you didn't lock in a lower price, then you might as well if you're worried. Since you're dealing with CT, you shouldn't have an issue actually getting your refund and i doubt there will be any shortage of either model anytime soon if you want to reorder.
I've strongly considered canceling myself on and off for the past few months since I don't care about half of the remaining LE extras, but i have an earlier LE price and went through Heighway for the order, so I haven't really felt like playing refund whack-a-mole with them for my $5500. Also, the game does look great if they can get their shit together.

What LE add ons are you referring to? can you elaborate?

#699 6 years ago

Well, the LEs are no longer going to have the fiber optic ramp lighting or gloss cabinet that they were said to have back when i first ordered. Also, what I've seen of the powdercoat armor colors looks pretty different (bad) from what it were originally teased.

#700 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

What LE add ons are you referring to? can you elaborate?

That being said the LE comes with (extras as of now)
Powder coating options
Beacons
Shaker Motor
Lighted Blades
Swag
# plate
Both sets of artwork LE and Standard
Apparently Monitor instead of Fiber optics (rumor)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

There are 790 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-refund-from-patient-supporter-to-angry-x-customer/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.