You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will i get my money back from Highway Pinball?”

• Yes - the hero investment club will make everything all better. 100 votes
    26%
  • Maybe - if they haven't spent it all already. 83 votes
    22%
  • No way - the sham has been exposed and the investor announcemnt is just to buy more time. 202 votes
    52%

(385 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

maxresdefault (resized).jpg
clap.gif
shakeitup (resized).png
IMG_1335 (resized).JPG
AE0fzDx (resized).jpg
blowme (resized).jpg
200_s (resized).png
container01.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 6.52.56 PM.jpg
just-three-hours (resized).jpg
alienfp2.jpg
etalienfail.gif
IMG_0413 (resized).JPG
Toads (resized).jpg
young frank wrong then (resized).jpg
paperwork1 (resized).jpg
There are 790 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 16.
#601 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

HOW MANY PINSIDERS ARE WAITING ON REFUNDS?

Sounds like a new thread worthy title...

#602 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Man, Hank.....you too? HOW MANY PINSIDERS ARE WAITING ON REFUNDS? Surely, they are all reading this thread. 5-10-20? I can’t get a grip on it....

I do not know. Them not responding to my email is garbage. I've lost with Kevin and Jpop and very worried.

I have kept quite for a bit and now am about to elevate this to a new scale. I can no longer support Heighway and may take the appropriate actions. I'm giving them another week to give me a refund.

#603 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Would that be a reason they wouldn't issue a refund? I sort of get it though.

It could likely be a reason to issue a refund, I don't know. Squeaky wheel with PR muscle gets the grease...

I was only trying to find an explanation or a pattern as to why some people got refunds while others have not. In the beginning, some people reported getting their refunds fairly quickly and with good communication. While others are still complaining today of getting jerked around.

Also, a while ago it was reported by Pinsider's in the official Alien thread that *most* people have already gotten their refunds. As if it was a non-issue and only minor cleanup was needed and under way. Now it seems, or at least feels like, this isn't true and there are many people still owed and being ignored.

#604 6 years ago

Thanks Mr68 for the explanation. I guess I had assumed pinside and it's members had developed some bad juju with pinball developers over the last few years

#605 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Also, a while ago it was reported by Pinsider's in the official Alien thread that *most* people have already gotten their refunds. As if it was a non-issue and only minor cleanup was needed and under way. Now it seems, or at least feels like, this isn't true and there are many people still owed and being ignored.

Agreed on this point.....thought this issue was behind them.....

#606 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I do not know. Them not responding to my email is garbage. I've lost with Kevin and Jpop and very worried.
I have kept quite for a bit and now am about to elevate this to a new scale. I can no longer support Heighway and may take the appropriate actions. I'm giving them another week to give me a refund.

If you decide to go through legal channels, pm me, as i would too. Money isn't an issue as i believe its the principle behind it.

#607 6 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Sounds like a new thread worthy title...

True, but I’m going to side on the positive angle.....better product, games shipping, a lot of Pinsiders got their $$$ back that wanted it ( don’t care how they got it, that’s why safeguards are in place....banks know how to deal with chargebacks), and scattered terrible communication.

All of the above were never even pursued on the “ basement” or “vapor ware” scams of past.

They just need to get their act together....next 60 days big for them, imho......

#608 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

... and a spare xeno head for good will.

STILL waiting for our FIRST Xeno head. Why are people (allegedly) having their games ship when original costumers are still getting the shaft?

#609 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

STILL waiting for our FIRST Xeno head. Why are people (allegedly) having their games ship when original costumers are still getting the shaft?

'alleged' shaft

#610 6 years ago

No it's proven...there's an empty hole there

#611 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

If you decide to go through legal channels, pm me, as i would too. Money isn't an issue as i believe its the principle behind it.

Legal channels are going to cost Heighway a lot of $. I think they would be much better to refund. I mean I have Alien LE #2. Surely someone wants that game. I'll gladly sell my spot for $8k which is less than the MSRP.

#612 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Legal channels are going to cost Heighway a lot of $. I think they would be much better to refund. I mean I have Alien LE #2. Surely someone wants that game. I'll gladly sell my spot for $8k which is less than the MSRP.

They are likely just buying time because they have no liquidity. They wouldn't litigate against someone so the legal would cost them nothing and by the time someone gets a judgment they will have either been refunded or the company will have gone under.

#613 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

This is baffling.

Customers who got the very first scattered shipments months back are STILL waiting on parts? Out of sight, out of mind huh? If they have parts stocked to build games, there is no legitimate reason to hang these guys out to dry for so long.

I think it’s reflective of the future shoddy customer service you can expect from Heighway. Think that opinion is unfair? Fine. Then mail these customers the parts they need & show us you’re serious about providing quality service.

Still waiting on parts. Still waiting on refunds.

#614 6 years ago

Besides some prepay customers awaiting refunds and early buyers awaiting parts to fix their game, also missing is 1) name of ship loaded with 25 pins sent to CT two weeks ago 2) pics and details of next batch of 25 Alien pinballs being shipped to EU & US promised this week. Stay Tuned! Game intended to be Expo, per HP Facebook post.

#615 6 years ago

I just don't understand WHAT'S so hard about communication! That's all people want! Just say, "Hey, we've refunded a bunch of people and we're a little low on cash for a few weeks. You WILL get your refund. And, Xeno Heads are here, but we're still tweaking some things with hooking up to the old machines. We'll keep you posted." .....whatever!
Just keep in touch and tell the truth. VERY easy to turn this whole thing around.

#616 6 years ago
#617 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I just don't understand WHAT'S so hard about communication! That's all people want! Just say, "Hey, we've refunded a bunch of people and we're a little low on cash for a few weeks. You WILL get your refund. And, Xeno Heads are here, but we're still tweaking some things with hooking up to the old machines. We'll keep you posted." .....whatever!
Just keep in touch and tell the truth. VERY easy to turn this whole thing around.

exactly and this is why I'm gonna wait till this time next year before I buy anything heighway, I really need to see many pins built and out there working well with the clear indication that this company will be moving forward as an established manufacturer because right now it still seems suspect and I'm not interested in owning 1 of 100 Aliens with the company no longer in business.

#618 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm not interested in owning 1 of 100 Aliens with the company no longer in business.

Bingo!

#619 6 years ago

I wonder if due to the poor previous accounting, more refunds are coming in then what the new owners had planned... that would explain the seemingly quick refunds for awhile, then now it seemingly has stopped.

I'll be honest, I thought all refunds were done, shipment of games was on its way to CT, Alien was gonna be at EXPO, everything was peachy. So boom guess I was wrong

#620 6 years ago

If one of those new production units on the boat doesn't make it to Expo, that's a huge fail & missed opportunity.

#621 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

If one of those new production units on the boat doesn't make it to Expo, that's a huge fail

etalienfail.gifetalienfail.gif

#622 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

If one of those new production units on the boat doesn't make it to Expo, that's a huge fail & missed opportunity.

Did l miss something? Is TBL 2.0 even built yet, let alone on a boat?

#623 6 years ago

Donny you're out of your element. We're not talking about Lebowski

I was referring to the container of Heighway 2.0 Alien Standards on their way to Cointaker. Apparently still at sea? Was hoping to hear first hand reports from Expo about the durability & performance of these new-production pins.

If so, it's a lost opportunity.

#624 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Did l miss something? Is TBL 2.0 even built yet, let alone on a boat?

alienfp2.jpgalienfp2.jpg

#625 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Donny you're out of your element. We're not talking about Lebowski

Well played, sir!

#626 6 years ago

...This is one helluva long boat ride...

#627 6 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

...This is one helluva long boat ride...

just-three-hours (resized).jpgjust-three-hours (resized).jpg

#628 6 years ago

Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 6.52.56 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2017-10-10 at 6.52.56 PM.jpg

#629 6 years ago

spfxted,
are people's refunds coming by ship?

container01.jpgcontainer01.jpg

#630 6 years ago

So ship arrives in PA on 10/17 that is exciting. Misses Expo by a bit but at least it's some good news.

#631 6 years ago

Just received word from Melissa that CT should be receiving their shipment of Alien standards Monday or Tuesday of next week. Hopefully I will get mine by next weekend (and I'm off too), so if I do I'll post a video of the occasion on Youtube.

#632 6 years ago

Add me to the list of requested refunds. And yes, we had a email dialogue going on, until I sent them the account numbers to wire the money to, then.......radio silence for over a week. I need to call them.

#633 6 years ago

200_s (resized).png200_s (resized).png

#634 6 years ago

O boy, still nothing formal arranged about my refund. I really do not understand why this is taking so long Heighway Pinball

#635 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No it's proven...there's an empty hole there

Quoted from TheLaw:

They reached out to the machine owner that I know awHile ago to tell him they know he doens't have an alien thread (no shit), and he still doesn't have it so yippee!

That was 48 days ago.

This is last Wednesday

blowme (resized).jpgblowme (resized).jpg

#636 6 years ago

After sending Highway all pertinent information, how long did it take to get a refund? I'm in America, by the way. Thanks!

#637 6 years ago
Quoted from billycrna:

After sending Highway all pertinent information, how long did it take to get a refund? I'm in America, by the way. Thanks!

Two months and still no refund.........

#638 6 years ago

AE0fzDx (resized).jpgAE0fzDx (resized).jpg

#639 6 years ago
Quoted from billycrna:

Based on the reports in this post, somewhere between sixty days and forever (or never, depending on your point of view).

#640 6 years ago
Quoted from billycrna:

Billy, are you a young man? Strong boned and determined like a rapid bulldog? Good, you'll do fine but only the shadow knows ... the answer to your question.

#641 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

SHIT

#642 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

UGH!!!...I am so sorry that you are going through this....you were one of the early guys...I just don’t know....

#643 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

UGH!!!...I am so sorry that you are going through this....you were one of the early guys...I just don’t know....

definatly one of the good guys.

Shame on you Heighway. Sort this out!

IMG_1335 (resized).JPGIMG_1335 (resized).JPG

#644 6 years ago

If I had to guess all their money is tied up in those machines coming over, I bet after they arrive/sell or however payment works the rest of refunds will be taken care of?

#645 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

If I had to guess all their money is tied up in those machines coming over, I bet after they arrive/sell or however payment works the rest of refunds will be taken care of?

All they need to do is TELL US THIS. It would go a long way....

#646 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That was 48 days ago.
This is last Wednesday

Thats unaceptible, if they have parts for new games - they should be making earlier games whole and running 100% FIRST.

Quoted from spfxted:

Ive been trying for months to get some support for my alien/ft and its been a nightmare even trying to get an email returned. Communication and support should be priority #1 for a company in Heighways situation.

#647 6 years ago

It's like you want to sit them down, smack to the side of the head, and explain how important communication and honesty is!

#648 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

That's what you say, but folks will have the opposite reaction. Folks will want their money yesterday. It would be exactly like a run on the banks....

#649 6 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

That's what you say, but folks will have the opposite reaction. Folks will want their money yesterday. It would be exactly like a run on the banks....

How many people are still even in? The guy that ordered a standard and expects his to be one of the 21 says not many.. (granted, standards vs LE )

#650 6 years ago

I gave cointaker 2000.00 towards an LE. I wrote to them about 10 days ago asking for any updates.. no response.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 790 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-refund-from-patient-supporter-to-angry-x-customer/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.