You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will i get my money back from Highway Pinball?”

• Yes - the hero investment club will make everything all better. 100 votes
    26%
  • Maybe - if they haven't spent it all already. 83 votes
    22%
  • No way - the sham has been exposed and the investor announcemnt is just to buy more time. 202 votes
    52%

(385 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

maxresdefault (resized).jpg
clap.gif
shakeitup (resized).png
IMG_1335 (resized).JPG
AE0fzDx (resized).jpg
blowme (resized).jpg
200_s (resized).png
container01.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 6.52.56 PM.jpg
just-three-hours (resized).jpg
alienfp2.jpg
etalienfail.gif
IMG_0413 (resized).JPG
Toads (resized).jpg
young frank wrong then (resized).jpg
paperwork1 (resized).jpg
There are 790 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 16.
#501 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I'd be happy to see 100 a month. More than that... great, less than that and I don't think they'll survive.

I'd like to see them put out enough games to keep their business running. Doesn't matter if it's 10, 20, 50, or 100 games per month.

For example, say they have 500 games on order, at 100 games/month they'd be finished in 5 months. Then what do they do? Lay off all the workers and shutdown the production side of the factory until the next game is ready?

#502 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

That's the safest bet IMO. Why take such a unnecessary risk now?

Yep, I got my refund and I still want the game but I'm gonna wait till I see its shipping in high numbers and people are happy with the pin, all that jazz.

#503 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I'd like to see them put out enough games to keep their business running. Doesn't matter if it's 10, 20, 50, or 100 games per month.

Exactly..I believe they are driving this way, just not going to happen overnight (obviously)....

#504 6 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Well that was quick... Got this:
"There is an issue with e-mails sent from heighwaypinball.com not reaching @aol.com recipients."
However, I have received several emails from them to my aol email. Including the email asking me to pay half the balance since "production was starting" last fall...

This is actually encouraging (in a weird way) technology can be a bitch (not an excuse...reality)......maybe they can drill down and get these last couple done in an expedited fashion.....then we can all (most) be on the same page...build and ship these things because we want one!!!

#505 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

For example, say they have 500 games on order, at 100 games/month they'd be finished in 5 months. Then what do they do? Lay off all the workers and shutdown the production side of the factory until the next game is ready?

I know that was just an "example" but if they get Alien shipping and everything works on it like it should, they get the code update sent out AND they provide support...well then they will sell WAY more than 500 games. If all four of the above don't happen?...well they will simply fail to remain in operation. If they can do all of that then Alien will keep them busy for quite a while...but they will need a 3rd game in the pipe ready to go when sales of Alien do start to drop off (obviously).

I'm still in (for now), If I get a working game and the code update I'll be thrilled. Even if Heighway ends up failing in the near future I'll still be happy with my purchase. I'm pretty good at keeping games going and others in the community are WAY better than me and will find a way to keep the games that do ship running well into the future...we've seen this before so why would a Heighway game be any different? Hell there are people out there keeping the Pin 2000 games going and they didn't sell a ton of those and those game have some very unique parts/issues.

#506 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

This is actually encouraging (in a weird way) technology can be a bitch (not an excuse...reality)......maybe they can drill down and get these last couple done in an expedited fashion.....then we can all (most) be on the same page...build and ship these things because we want one!!!

Emails are flowing now. Too bad it's the weekend.

#507 6 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Emails are flowing now. Too bad it's the weekend.

hmmmm....wonder why?

#508 6 years ago

21767_1_other_video_games_fire_flamethrower (resized).jpg21767_1_other_video_games_fire_flamethrower (resized).jpg

#509 6 years ago

Shit....hope I don't owe you any money...

I only own guns.....

#510 6 years ago

Never bring a gun to a flamethrower fight!

#511 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Never bring a gun to a flamethrower fight!

Hence my concern....

Might be cool to own a flamethrower, though...

#512 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Hence my concern....
Might be cool to own a flamethrower, though...

http://xm42.com

I'm thinking of getting this for myself for xmas this year

#513 6 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Man, am I loving this!!!.....available in powdercoat colors, as well.....saving this link!!! ( it says it's a weed eater, so my Wife won't mind if I'm buying something to cleanup the yard..)

#514 6 years ago
Quoted from nman:

That's the best thing I've seen all week!

#515 6 years ago

Yeah, I've really wanted one for over a year but my wife seems to think it's not a great idea for some reason

Looks like they went up in price a bit since the last time I looked. Still not a bad deal though. Would definitely have to spring for the powdercoating too.

#516 6 years ago

Always a hit at parties.....what could POSSIBLY go wrong??

#517 6 years ago

that is amazing never seen that before

no more shoveling the driveway for me

another reason I couldn't live in Cali with its dumb flamethrower laws

#518 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Always a hit at parties.....what could POSSIBLY go wrong??

LMFAO with thoughts on this.....

" parties over" ( enter flame thrower)

"I'll take a fireball shot" ( enter flamethrower)

" may I have the next dance?" ( enter flamethrower)

On and on.......

#519 6 years ago

" you need to move your car" (........)

#520 6 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

that is amazing never seen that before
no more shoveling the driveway for me
another reason I couldn't live in Cali with its dumb flamethrower laws

My current biggest selling point to the wife is that we should get one before they're illegal everywhere. Unfortunately she has said if i get a flamethrower, she gets a dog, so I'm kinda on the fence.

#521 6 years ago

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#522 6 years ago

ill email them for an international shipping cost.
hope customs are ok with it.

edit: sorry , off topic. thanks haz

#523 6 years ago

I'll tell you what I love about this theme and this pin, its seems completely natural to go off topic and discuss flamethrowers.

#524 6 years ago

Well it is a flaming thread.

#525 6 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Well it is a flaming thread

That could be taken the wrong way you know, not that theres anything wrong with it.

#526 6 years ago

How many Alien refunds are going towards Flamethrowers now? I was tempted myself, being a Halloween guy.

Chasing kids with a flamethrower is quite appealing. Trick AND Treat

1 week later
#527 6 years ago

Well, it's been over a week since Morgan told me he had hoped to resolve my refund "in the coming days." Really am sick of this shit.

#528 6 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Well, it's been over a week since Morgan told me he had hoped to resolve my refund "in the coming days." Really am sick of this shit.

In my own case it was a third party that eventually issued the refund. Kind of like an accountancy partner than needed to receive permission off Heighway prior to releasing the refund to myself.
Looking back Morgan was likely piggy in the middle taking all the flack. Hope it gets sorted for you real soon

#529 6 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Nothing my way either.

#530 6 years ago

I put down 2000.00 towards an Alien LE. Not sure when its going to come, but Im in no rush, got my Tron LE HUO coming tomm hopefully , a SWLE coming soon and put down a reserve on dialed in CE, that should keep me busy until this comes . Plus Im trying to get to alien mode in TSPP. Almost there! Still haven't beaten all 6 castles on my MMR... got to 4... almost there !

BTW some of the eBay pinball ads are hilarious. There was one Back to the future for sale that had a lady with huge boobs just there for no reason. I almost clicked buy.. guess it works!

#531 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I put down 2000.00 towards an Alien LE. Not sure when its going to come, but Im in no rush, got my Tron LE HUO coming tomm hopefully , a SWLE coming soon and put down a reserve on dialed in CE, that should keep me busy until this comes . Plus Im trying to get to alien mode in TSPP. Almost there! Still haven't beaten all 6 castles on my MMR... got to 4... almost there !
BTW some of the eBay pinball ads are hilarious. There was one Back to the future for sale that had a lady with huge boobs just there for no reason. I almost clicked buy.. guess it works!

I hope you used cointaker

#532 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

I hope you used cointaker

Yes I did, asked them to take a deposit. They were helpful.

#533 6 years ago

Well, they've got lots of parts! Still no refund here. Emails being ignored again.

#534 6 years ago

Has the price hike reduced demand for refunds? I can't see much other justification, as it's likely killed new orders.

IMO this all smacks of desperation from HP, and if I'd pre-ordered I'd be even more keen now to get my money back.

#535 6 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Well, they've got lots of parts! Still no refund here. Emails being ignored again.

WHAT!!!....shit....

#536 6 years ago

Broke down and made an international phone call. Got their voicemail. Their operating hours are ridiculous...

#537 6 years ago

I have decided to cancel my fully paid Alien kit. Within a week I received a conformation from Heighway: 'Just want you to know we have received your request and will handle it accordingly'.

Hope for the best and those of you who stay in best of luck with getting your pin.

#538 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

I have decided to cancel my fully paid Alien kit. Within a week I received a conformation from Heighway: 'Just want you to know we have received your request and will handle it accordingly'.
Hope for the best and those of you who stay in best of luck with getting your pin.

Sad to read. They were certainly given every opportunity

Hope your refund is sorted without any further drama

#539 6 years ago

'Just want you to know we have received your request and will handle it accordingly'.

paperwork1 (resized).jpgpaperwork1 (resized).jpg

#540 6 years ago

Within a week I received a conformation from Heighway: 'Just want you to know we have received your request and will handle it accordingly'.

handle it accordingly ? i.e. issue a refund in a timely manner.

#541 6 years ago

I received a similar email.

About 4 months ago.

#542 6 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

handle it accordingly ? i.e. issue a refund in a timely manner.

That is what it means in my book. Have to see if the same counts for Heighway.

#543 6 years ago

If anyone wants too transfer their (pre 8k standard) pre order to me and went through cointaker PM me. Thanks

#544 6 years ago

Progress... maybe? My "bank account details" have been sent to them. They couldn't refund via WorldPay, my original payment method. They suggested to refund via PayPal, but then said that wasn't possible... Hopefully I'm almost to the end of the journey...

#545 6 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Progress... maybe? My "bank account details" have been sent to them. They couldn't refund via WorldPay, my original payment method. They suggested to refund via PayPal, but then said that wasn't possible... Hopefully I'm almost to the end of the journey...

They were happy to take my money via paypal.

#546 6 years ago

It's all bullshit. Any progress on your end?

#547 6 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

I just don't understand why most have received refunds and yet there still a few left hanging, makes zero sense. I got my refund with in 2 weeks, (vulgar words removed by mod). Oh Yeah.

#548 6 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Nope.

#549 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I just don't understand why most have received refunds and yet there still a few left hanging, makes zero sense. I got my refund with in 2 weeks, then again no one fucks with Hazoff, Hazoff does the fuckin. Oh Yeah.

Maybe you were kicking up more of a fuss on Pinside?

#550 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Maybe you were kicking up more of a fuss on Pinside?

I don't follow?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

There are 790 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-refund-from-patient-supporter-to-angry-x-customer/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.