4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 82 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by rockrand
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Are you in?”

• Yep. Already preordered! What's not to love!? 26 votes
      16%
    • Interested, but need just a little more info. 51 votes
      31%
    • Can't decide if I should wait or just buy FT now and kit Alien in later. 4 votes
      2%
    • Nah, too soon. 51 votes
      31%
    • Nope. Not interested. I probably shouldn't have even opened this thread. 33 votes
      20%

(165 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Stapler.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider backflipper.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 4 years ago

I dove in. Andrew is building games as we speak. He just expanded his factory and Full Throttle is fun, fast and very solidly built. His presentation at EXPO was great. I am in for Full Throttle LE#3, Alien LE#3 and I would buy one of those Bacardi pinballs if I could. If you did not catch his presentation, he made 251 Bacardi games that look kinda like a Joust where you are playing H2H. 140 of them will be in the USA for some kind of tournament and 110 in Europe. I will be keeping my eyes open to check one of those out.

#20 4 years ago

You still don't understand what you're dealing with, do you? Perfect organism. Its structural perfection is matched only by its hostility.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from NinJaBooT:

This whole pre-order phenomenon is getting old. Why not call it what it is....Bank Rolling! Seriously, thats all you are doing is helping fund a company that can't fund themselves?!? Who takes all the risk? Doesn't seem to make sense to me

Andrew wants $1500 only until your game is made to secure your spot. Balance due week of shipping. The $1500 is fully refundable. Not very unreasonable.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

If you lemmings stop pre-ordering games, maybe a pin will be produced with complete code and the promised features. At this point, what is the incentive for a manufacturer to produce a quality product when their consumers froth at the mouth and lay down thousands of dollars for products that aren't even past the conceptual stage.
    It might even slow the ridiculous price inflation. Demand drives price and if people keep throwing money at ANYONE who says they are going to make a pin, there is no reason for real world economics to take hold here.

I'm not sure how I feel about being called a Lemming, but aside from that:

1) Some of the "boutique" manufacturers have to have a preorder commitment to estimate demand and properly prepare to make games (parts, etc...).
    2) Andrew (Heighway) is asking for a refundable deposit with the balance due the week of manufacture of your game.
    3) The incentive to make games is sustainability. I am not aware of any pinball manufacturer getting rich on their first game. The have to put out quality if they want to sell more games and eventually make a profit.

#46 4 years ago

Again, If you were not at EXPO, check out Jared's Vid of the seminar and Heighway's interview. Andrew already manufactured 251 custom pinball machines for Bacardi this year. He is waiting on final parts and will be pumping out Full Throttles next month. I played the game (FT)! Code is 85% complete. It is fun and fast.

Somebody also mentioned lack of innovation. Once again, check out the videos. Tons of great innovation coming out of this company.

I am a believer!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Electronics
    nvram.weebly.com
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,399.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    £ 12.00
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 150.00
    Various Other Swag
    Test item Out of stock
    Pinside Shop
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 27.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 114.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    The MOD Couple
    $ 9.95
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 17.00
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 38.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider backflipper.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside