• Alien Poker 22 votes
    52%
  • Laser Cue 15 votes
    36%
  • (I haven't played both, I just like clicking on something) 5 votes
    12%

(42 votes)

#1 6 months ago

If you have played both, which one do you like better and why?

I hope to hear about your preferences with at least the:

Art/Theme
Callouts
Layout (they are similar, but there are several differences)
Rules
Sound
Single Player v Multiplayer

I'm asking for a friend.
Seriously.
-mof

#3 6 months ago

I own both.

Alien poker is better for playing against friends, but can get really boring if you're playing alone.

Laser Cue doesn't have the great multiplier risk reward that alien poker does, but it has the super punishing in order drops and another flipper to play around with; I prefer it overall. Working on a modded rom for mine to make the eb worth points.

#4 6 months ago

I have had both, still have Alien poker. Better sound, has speech, much better art, gameplay to me is slightly better but both games are fun.

Alien poker had new backglasses available, stencils for cabinet art and new playfields in a few months.

#5 6 months ago

I own both but I like alien poker more out of the 2. More risk reward shot with alien poker and like the artwork a lot more. But have to say laser cue bell is fun to hear.

1 week later
#6 6 months ago

12-5 in favor of Alien Poker, just posted to both clubs, let's see how the ratio holds up over time.
Glad to see there are people in both camps though...
-mof

#7 6 months ago

I haven't played either but am interested to play both. from what I've seen and heard, I think Laser Cue would be more up my alley in terms of art, theme, layout, and emphasis on shot accuracy (any Laser Cue owners in the Southeast looking to clear up space in their lineup?)

#8 6 months ago

Laser cue. Not even a contest. Stronger flippers. Stand up targets instead of saucers makes it play faster. Memory drops. Third flipper is awesome. Classic Williams sounds. Does alien Poker have a bell?

The only reason why people like alien poker better is because of the art. Lasercue is a better player, period.

#9 6 months ago

Try and consider Oliver Kaegi's multiball mod for alien poker. This will close the debate

#10 6 months ago
Quoted from Palmer:

The only reason why people like alien poker better is because of the art. Lasercue is a better player, period.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I think the artwork is high quality on LaserCue. The half-naked dudes don't bother me, hell it gets hot in space when you're close to the sun. I LOVE the gameplay and sounds in LaserCue.

#11 6 months ago

Laser Cue, mainly because it is the very first pin that i ever bought, first of many.
Really have not played Alien Poker much.

#12 6 months ago

I have played both many times and enjoy them but I think I might have to give the edge to laser cue not sure why but i just enjoy playing it a bit more than Alien poker.

#13 6 months ago

Both are amazing for different reasons. There's a laser cue at RPC and I just got an alien poker and they are both awesome in the way they make you think about when you shoot that 5 drop bank. I think it's a little bit better in alien poker where you can shoot it at any time but it's worth it to try to get the 4 kings first to get a multiplier, or drive up the value at the left saucer, etc. Laser cue for me is more "pool" whenever you can but you gave ti get those 5 drops first no matter what. Really like both games though.

4 months later
#14 38 days ago

Todd can solve this for us, thanks Todd!

1 week later
#15 26 days ago

I have laser cue, after watching the TNT video it makes me want an alien poker as well. Those new pf's look great from germany...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.00
$ 17.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Brick, NJ
$ 50.00
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside