By heypat

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2629.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider winteriscoming.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 9 years ago

Glad you figured it out. Sorry to be all Johny-come-lately to your thread. Let me know if you need any pics from mine.

For reference for anyone reading this in the future, Alien Poker's drop target horseshoe switches can be successfully replaced with standard leaf switches for a much more reliable setup. I think for some games of this era there might be an issue where the switch will constantly score if it's activated (It's been a while since I looked at one, but maybe horseshoe switches just momentarily make contact on the way down?), so this may not be an option for all older Williams games, but AP doesn't have that issue. The thing is that the stock drop-target bank doesn't have mounting points for leaf switches, so a different Williams 5-bank drop-target bank (or at least parts from it) is needed such as one from Jungle Lord.

#6 9 years ago

By the way, since it's been so long since I swapped in the Jungle Lord 5-bank drop target assembly into Alien Poker, I don't recall if the JL bank came with individually controlled coils for each drop target. You'd need to wire those up, too, or keep the ones from AP so that it can shoot each target back up individually like it's supposed to do.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Razor:

now if we could only get some repo backglasses for theses Alien Pokers.

PPS has that power. I haven't seen where Rick of PPS has mentioned whether or not they have found the original screens for the AP backglass. Based on some posts by Stu of CPR, CPR already had someone working on it, but it's probably in limbo due to the PPS buyout of IPB stock which included a lot of original Williams screens.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider winteriscoming.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-poker-switch-matrix-problem?tu=winteriscoming and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.