Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_5970_(resized).JPG
100_5962_(resized).JPG
100_5955_(resized).JPG
100_5968_(resized).JPG
IMG_2848_(resized).JPG
#1 8 years ago

Is anyone planning to make an Alien Poker backglass?

#2 8 years ago

I really hope so.

#3 8 years ago

These are always so destroyed when I see them. Seems like a no-brainier....

#4 8 years ago

Steve at BGResto has them, but without the mirroring. Haven't heard of any other sources...

#5 8 years ago

What does it mean when the FIRST PLAYER Million place digit alternates back and forth from 0 to 1 in attract mode on AP?

#6 8 years ago

I buy one instantly if someone made it.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

What does it mean when the FIRST PLAYER Million place digit alternates back and forth from 0 to 1 in attract mode on AP?

I think it's showing you high score,if you haven't gone over a million yet. Older games would have a pre-determined high score until someone beat it.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

I think it's showing you high score,if you haven't gone over a million yet. Older games would have a pre-determined high score until someone beat it.

Don't know much about a SYSTEM 6.
All the other players show all Zeros and don't alternate, just the First Player Million digit.

I might just do a Factory Default reset and see.

#9 8 years ago

Alien poker is a system 7

#10 8 years ago

It's been on cpr to do list for a few years but after asking stu about it sounds like it's on hold or on back burner.
Hopefully it will get done soon
Bgresto I'm sure is nice but I think the mirroring is a must on this title

#11 8 years ago

Good luck with this one..Great game..hard to find that bad boy.. Mine exploded on me one day into a trillion pieces. Was able to track one down from a guy in Texas.. Cost me $150 total to ship. Another guy wanted me to buy the whole game just for the back glass.

If someone made these again..I would buy one..even though I no longer own the game.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

IPDB.COM shows it as a Williams System 6A.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Thanks for the reply.
It was doing it because I did a factory reset I reckon.

#14 8 years ago

They sure made a few..6000 of them.My backglass was sealed with some sort of clear epoxy when I got it.
BTW, I finally got the speech module working during the game. Now the KING and ACE drop targets
won't reset when hit out of order. Also when they are all dropped now, they won't reset during the ball.
It will reset for the next player and duplicate the same behaviour. All the wires are connected underneath.
I think someone already had a post about this here so I'll search.

#15 8 years ago

I hope they remake this Backglass as I would buy one!

1 month later
#16 8 years ago

I finally gave up looking for one especially since this is not a sought after pin (although I love mine).

I bought my AP just to see if I could do a complete restore. My glass was trashed so I scanned the whole thing (in pieces) stitched it together and cleaned up the artwork as best I could. I learned Photoshop on the fly...lol. I then had it printed on trans-light material and attached it to glass like the newer pins. Good enough for me. It looks a little dark when powered off, but when on it looks great.

This is what I started with.
IMG_2848_(resized).JPGIMG_2848_(resized).JPG

Very Bad.
100_5962_(resized).JPG100_5962_(resized).JPG

Powered off.
100_5955_(resized).JPG100_5955_(resized).JPG

Powered on and finished.
100_5968_(resized).JPG100_5968_(resized).JPG
100_5970_(resized).JPG100_5970_(resized).JPG

And yes, it's the same machine as the first picture.......

#17 8 years ago

Nice job!!

that is about average for an AP BG. I have had 4 (I think) BGs and this is better than some, and bout the same as some, I fixed one similar for my game...PF and Cab been done for awhile (just no time) Gotta get it put back together and up so I can play it. Fun game!

Quoted from Gnatty:

AP is a system 6. You must be confusing it with Laser Cue which is a system 7, basically same PF layout just pool theme instead of poker. Also a fun game!!

Phoebe

#18 8 years ago

Actually called system 6a for AP.
Mike

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Tools
Pincoder Store

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-poker-repro-backglass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.