Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20171029_154909 (resized).jpg
20171029_141108 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2017-10-24 at 10.23.05 PM (resized).png
IMG_20170716_104703 (resized).jpg
AK-03-010 (resized).JPG
20170930_092610 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jeewiz13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 6 years ago

The drop target boards are not wired right or could be changed to be better. There are two circuits on those boards. One is off-on-off and the other is off-on. Most Williams of that era had the off-on-off circuit wired in series with the other boards so it knew when all the drops we're down to reset.

Alien poker only needs one of the circuits and off-on circuit is best. If it is making a bad connection, a little vibration is all that is needed to get it to go. If the circuit is missed on the way down with off-on-off, your sol.

#9 6 years ago

To me it looks like it should wired like the diagram. I have a PBL replacement board and mine are wired in the center holes. The siegecraft diagram shows center holes. Yours are on outer holes.

IMG_20170716_104703 (resized).jpgIMG_20170716_104703 (resized).jpg

#12 6 years ago

For the flipper, check your EOS switch. Sounds like hold winding is what is bringing it up slowly. They should be touching when not powered up.

3 weeks later
#23 6 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Hey guys, had one other question and figured I'd reuse this thread. Does anyone know the part number for the 5 springs used in the drop target bank? The alien poker manuals I've seen don't say which ones they use, and there seem to be many different types available for purchase. I want to replace all 5 springs with new ones, just not sure which ones to buy.

This is what's in my AP:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3877

#26 6 years ago

Assuming all the soldered connections are good on the bulb sockets, I would think it is the connector at the board. Look for corrosion or maybe the connector is worn. Seems like it heated up and got angry at game 8.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Tools
Pincoder Store

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jeewiz13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-poker-drop-target-and-flipper-help?tu=Jeewiz13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.