• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by slochar
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hi All,

So the machine has been working well. Turned on this morning and now it boots in to Adjustments. Both LED's come on then go off.

Measured 3.8v on 5101 - pin 22 with machine off

With Door Open:

1) Turned off/on quickly a few times - no change
2) Did dip switch 7 - factory reset. Middle switch down and pressed forward once. Displays show it move through adjustments. Pushed MPU Master Command switch and both led's flash once and then go off. Turned off switch 7. Reboot twice - no change
3) Removed - socketed and replaced the Static RAM 5101 - repeated above - no change
4) Tried a few 5101's and repeated above - no change

What's next?

#2 3 years ago

New batterys?

#3 3 years ago

Measured 3.8v on 5101 - pin 22 with machine off - so batteries ok

#4 3 years ago

What kind of batteries are you using? 3.8v is very low for 3x AA

#5 3 years ago

There was a blocking diode in the battery holder as well so took it out and it's now 4.3v

#6 3 years ago

Still getting a memory error. With the test ROM I get one flash on the control test LED then it comes back on and stays on. If I'm right that is also indication the 5101 static RAM?

I have checked all pins on the new socket and it pins out to it's next location.

IC7 & IC11 change output state when the memory test is triggered...

IC27

Does anyone have a pic of what pin 3 output R/W should show when memory test is triggered?

My Pin 1 signal shows high voltage (basically a straight line) changing to a high data when triggered.
My Pin 2 shows low and stays low when triggered.
My Pin 3 is High voltage and stays high when triggered (no data). I'm thinking this should change to "High Data" when triggered basically letting Pin 1 signal through...?

#7 3 years ago

Replaced IC27 4071 - no difference.

Baffled - as far as I can see I'm getting the right signals on chip select. Data and Address lines look fine and the LED's are flashing on and off with the test program so they should be fine...

There's not much left???

What else can make the 5101 fail it's test???

#8 3 years ago

Which test rom are you using? If you're not using the pincoder test roms you might want to check them out might help you.
https://pincoder.ca/

Using them in order will help basic issues with the boards that might be affecting what's going on with the ram. I'd double check the work to make sure an address pin or data pin isn't bridged somewhere that seems to be a common culprit on this boardset.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Tools
Pincoder Store

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-poker-boots-in-to-adjustments and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.