You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Alien Pinball Poll...Why?.....I just gotta know”

• I have no interest to own. 222 votes
    47%
  • I have an interest to own, but used, further down the line. 91 votes
    19%
  • I have an interest to own New and ready to buy, but only with it ready to deliver no bugs, and support available. 69 votes
    14%
  • I have an interest to own new when the dusts settles and will then put a deposit down and be patient. 14 votes
    3%
  • I have a deposit down and want a refund, will decide later 24 votes
    5%
  • I have a deposit down, and Im sticking it out 42 votes
    9%
  • I own one now. 14 votes
    3%

(476 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3117 (resized).JPG
IMG_3124 (resized).JPG
IMG_3110 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_2017-08-09-15-37-29 (resized).png
HP Pol 06-18 (resized).png
HP Pol 06-07 (resized).png
10652._SX360_QL80_TTD_ (resized).jpg
IMG_0557 (resized).JPG
There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 6 years ago

The other threads should carry the discussions, I created this poll, just to see some numbers.

Maybe it will help others.

What/where is your status/feelings on Alien Pinball?

thank you.

#2 6 years ago

I own one now.

#3 6 years ago

I'd buy once I see there will be a company that can survive.

#4 6 years ago

Really I'm just burnt out on the entire thing, although I was never going to pre-pay for a "new" company machine anyway.
Great theme of course but so much hype and constant talk aboot it just bored me to tears. I played one for a bit the other week and I felt like it could be a good time, so I need to get in there and play some more.
I mean I guess if they get the thing actually working and it can be updated and all that jazz I may buy a used one down the line, but I'm not a slave to theme so whatever.

#5 6 years ago

Any guesses as to how many people would buy, if they were and in stock?

Do you think 300? 500?

#6 6 years ago

Im in, pre paid 50%, the game looks so good.

#7 6 years ago

I have some interest. Looks like a cool game but would never consider buying a game until I played it. Never even seen an Alien. I had no idea there were so many issues with the game or company until the thread about investors. I like how Heighway designed their games but all that doesn't matter if you cannot get working games out the door. I know it must be tough on Heighway because few are willing to take a chance on new games from new companies but they need the cash flow to make the games to serve as marketing tools.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Any guesses as to how many people would buy, if they were and in stock?
Do you think 300? 500?

Much more than that when they fix all the issues

Great theme, appears to be an excellent layout for a wide body. Thiel on the sound, code appears excellent

They have a grand slam on their hands IF they can start pumping them out

Pricing is more competitive than JJP and Stern for what you get so yeah 4 figures easy

#9 6 years ago

When its in stock, I will purchase one

#10 6 years ago

Would love an Alien pin. Just not this one.

#11 6 years ago

Great theme, but not interested with all the risks. And not just talking about whether you'll receive your game. Reliability and future technical support and parts availability are very important. I'll reassess the possbility of buying a Heighway game down the road.

#12 6 years ago

No interest. May be a second act, but don't blame those that have had enough for now.

IMG_0557 (resized).JPGIMG_0557 (resized).JPG

#14 6 years ago

I had that run yourself ragged toy when I was a kid! It was great fun for back then!!

#15 6 years ago

i am fully paid. i was sent an invoice for my pin and paid in full. never received it!

#16 6 years ago

50% paid on an LE and I'm now kicking myself for doing that, but this was (and is) my #1 dream theme, so I knowingly took the risk. For the moment I'm choosing to remain hopeful that it will still work out so i haven't started the refund process yet, but that may change depending on what i hear over the next couple of weeks. That said, i really like what I've seen so far and still want the game if possible.

#17 6 years ago

I'm riding it out. Nobody has made a layout this interesting since tz or demo man.

#18 6 years ago

If Stern or JJP were making this exact same game it would be my #1 title to buy but there are just too many unknowns with Heighway right now. If they can get their shit together and start shipping out 100 games a month like they always talk about I would likely pick one up a bit later down the line. It really is an incredible game! I really hope they can turn the ship around and become another viable pinball manufacturer as I know they are capable of making a great product.

#19 6 years ago

Does fully paid equal I own one?
Riding it out.
Bottom line with refunds is this..everyone wants one when you can't get one, when you can get one no one wants one.

#20 6 years ago

At this moment, we have 20 people that either have the game (3), 17 with a deposit, 7 wanting refunds
50 people that have no interest
25 that want to buy.

Interesting..................

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Does fully paid equal I own one?
Riding it out.
Bottom line with refunds is this..everyone wants one when you can't get one, when you can get one no one wants one.

With own one, I meant having taken delivery...

#22 6 years ago

Holding out with the initial deposit only, i'm becoming a little gunshy with this company. Too much deja-vu with requesting the 50% so prematurely.

#23 6 years ago

My choice is different. There is one on order from someone near me and I will get to play without buying.

And I can't wait to play.

#24 6 years ago

In all honesty this is why we decided to stick with Stern. JJP has previously had finance issues also. Not good signs to the marketplace. We were considering Alien, AFMR and Dialled in, bought ASLE. Would we buy an Alien ever? The answer is a definite no.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

If Stern or JJP were making this exact same game it would be my #1 title to buy but there are just too many unknowns with Heighway right now. If they can get their shit together and start shipping out 100 games a month like they always talk about I would likely pick one up a bit later down the line. It really is an incredible game! I really hope they can turn the ship around and become another viable pinball manufacturer as I know they are capable of making a great product.

Man you took the words right out of my mouth!!! I want this title but not willing to risk all the issues with it

#26 6 years ago

I have no interest to own... and that is meaningless in a poll. Alien just doesn't strike my fancy. Neither did FT. It felt kind of meh when I played it. But the best part of pinball is that even though I don't like it, there are others that do. And if they like it, I hope they get it.

#27 6 years ago

Always interested that people with no intention to own the game(s) even bother with threads like this. The title of the thread is "why", not why not.

Alien looks pretty cool and plays pretty well and is an AWESOME theme (for lots anyway). That's why.

Some pretty good reasons for why not too, but just listen to Voldemorts podcasts to hear those

#28 6 years ago

FYI, Gecko 157 with the Kansas Jayhawks avatar is a creepy stalker. Beware
He follows me around and downvotes every post I make.
Maybe because Kansas football team sucks?

Does anybody know this guy?

#29 6 years ago

I love the theme, game looks fun, love the modular approach they took where you
Can swap out the PF, seems like it had big time legs. Can't afford to just throw out the $$ just yet, even if the game was rolling off the line right now. But I do want to own one some day...

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

It's in my house

#31 6 years ago

If there was a choice in the poll for "I had a deposit, begged for a refund for 5 months, got a refund just before it all went south", that would be me.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Always interested that people with no intention to own the game(s) even bother with threads like this. The title of the thread is "why", not why not.

For all the same reasons that people that have no intentions of buying NIB fill all the threads about new pins with their opinion. This is a forum!

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

FYI, Gecko 157 with the Kansas Jayhawks avatar is a creepy stalker. Beware
Maybe because Kansas football team sucks?
Does anybody know this guy?

Dude, your not kidding.....i looked up some of your previous posts in different threads.....creepy. However, now I gotta start downvoting you for bashing Kansas Football....whats this guys deal???

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Downvotes shouldn't hurt your feelings. It's just ones and zeros bro

#35 6 years ago

Gotta have it. Deposit in. I love the theme. It looks fun to shoot. ...and I suppose I'm just stupid.
Lost my shirt on Predator, but that can't happen to me twice, right? ...right!?
I guess I just love pinball too damn much. I can't help myself.

#36 6 years ago

I've played it a few times and it always felt clunky to shoot. Watching others playing it in person - I saw the same thing.

Great theme, music, ambience, and code. With better shot geometry, this would be a must own.

#37 6 years ago

Great thread!!!

#38 6 years ago

I'm staying in for a least a few more months. I'll see how it goes with the new investors/management. If it looks like the ship is righting I'll stick it out. If it looks at all "iffy", I'll bail and probably go with an AS or Star Wars...or maybe something completely different.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Might want to add paid in full but not received game to your poll.

#40 6 years ago

Please use "I have a deposit down and am sticking it out" or "I want a refund:".

The only difference is your deposit is in full.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Great thread!!!

Some of the issues with the other games and fiasco's have been the fact we have no numbers and arent entitled to them.

If we knew even some of the numbers behind other manufacturers failures, we might have been able to make better decisions, rather than emotional consumer decisions.

In the case of Aliens take over, because I was more or less couch-bound this weekend, and no business stress, I played
"what-if" a hundred different ways, more or less looking at Capital requirements, ROI, etc.

Of course, I have no numbers ro base anything on, whatsoever.

Im hoping this poll, along with the next step on the game to be announced, will allow some self number crunching.

I bring this up in the hopes if you read this, you vote with 100% honesty, as the best info that results could hopefully be of use to all.

#42 6 years ago

If it was in stock at my local distributor (like the Sterns are), then I'm sure I'd buy one.

#43 6 years ago

The one good thing about being broke (my case now - hopefully not forever) is that you can't preorder.
NIB pins are out of my reach now - it was fun (really) waiting for Nemo and Wooly... less fun watching the predator debacle (I lost $4750).

I like the swappable system. Down the line, if several good games are available and kits on the market, I would probably be a customer for a used Heighway game, and buy kits later on. Hence my vote for "I have an interest to own, but used, further down the line."

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

I like the swappable system. Down the line, if several good games are available and kits on the market, I would probably be a customer for a used Heighway game, and buy kits later on. Hence my vote for "I have an interest to own, but used, further down the line."

I've been waiting 18 years for a kit system with multiple GOOD games. Back in '99 I bought RFM complete and a SWep1 playfield kit, only to find that Ep1 was a pretty awful game... only good for about a week every six months before it got changed back to RFM. Heighway looked promising but I never liked Full Throttle a whole lot, so was waiting on games 2 and 3... aaand I'm still waiting

#45 6 years ago

No interest. That opinion was locked in when I was at Expo 2014 and witnessed Andrew announce the game & accept money with no pictures or designs shown, said it would ship April 2015, then Dennis Nordman quit the following week. I knew this thing was in for a rough ride from inception....and here we are today.

#46 6 years ago

Love the theme, was excited to finally play one at a show, played one game and it didn't do anything for me, thought it was nice to look at but that was about it. I would really like to play a fully working game down the road and hope for the best for Alien.

#47 6 years ago

No interest in owning, but will play on route.

#48 6 years ago

Paid in full Alien LE. Dream theme.

Already requested full refund long ago, still no response. No matter what new investors say, nothing will change my mind. I'm just over it at this point.

With that said, I think its a great game & a lot of good people have worked very hard on it. But I have serious doubts at this point about reliability of their product & if they will provide support for their games long term.

If they give me my refund & prove themselves to be a reputable company with a reliable product, then they might change my mind about owning one. Not until then.

#49 6 years ago

Dream theme for me. Deposit down since the beginning. If I lose it no worries, when I get it it will be pure awesomeness.
Hopefully the new cash influx will help the company turn the corner and IMHO it will

--Jeff

#50 6 years ago

I have no interest in owning a new pinball machine themed after a movie from the 70s. Or 80s for that matter.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

9,799 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-pollwhyi-just-gotta-know?hl=frli002 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.