You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Alien Pinball Poll...Why?.....I just gotta know”

• I have no interest to own. 222 votes
    47%
  • I have an interest to own, but used, further down the line. 91 votes
    19%
  • I have an interest to own New and ready to buy, but only with it ready to deliver no bugs, and support available. 69 votes
    14%
  • I have an interest to own new when the dusts settles and will then put a deposit down and be patient. 14 votes
    3%
  • I have a deposit down and want a refund, will decide later 24 votes
    5%
  • I have a deposit down, and Im sticking it out 42 votes
    9%
  • I own one now. 14 votes
    3%

(476 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3117 (resized).JPG
IMG_3124 (resized).JPG
IMG_3110 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_2017-08-09-15-37-29 (resized).png
HP Pol 06-18 (resized).png
HP Pol 06-07 (resized).png
10652._SX360_QL80_TTD_ (resized).jpg
IMG_0557 (resized).JPG

There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I have no interest in owning a new pinball machine themed after a movie from the 70s. Or 80s for that matter.

Well then Alien might be the pin for you o-din!

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I have no interest in owning a new pinball machine themed after a movie from the 70s. Or 80s for that matter

but man, the 60s.. bring it on!

10652._SX360_QL80_TTD_ (resized).jpg10652._SX360_QL80_TTD_ (resized).jpg

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

but man, the 60s.. bring it on!

If you happened to click on the link to the song in my post, you might get my opinion on that too.

And while you are at it why don't you give us your opinion on the topic, instead of giving us mine.

#54 6 years ago

I'm not "living in the 80's", but I LOVED the 80's. I'm a very nostalgic person and still very fond of the movies and music from my youth. They remind me of my youth....which surprisingly was a really good time for me.

I live in the present and dream of the future...but crap from my youth makes me "feel" good.

#55 6 years ago

Plz, why so sad? Trolls with zero cash will always try to get under your skin. What is the worst thing that could happen? You lose some change pennys. When i get my LE #160 i will post photos every 24h and rub it in the trolls face .

#56 6 years ago

I told him, we already got one . In an outrageous french accent.

#57 6 years ago

I own one for a few more hours until the new owner shows up to get it....can't say it was the most positive experience as it was bought for location and proved not reliable enough for location play. The rules, sounds, and shots are very very good though.

#58 6 years ago

I've got what feels to me like a pretty simple approach to situations like this: Don't play with the rent money. I've got a deposit in with Cointaker, so I feel fairly secure if things go south. If it all goes away, my kid still gets her ballet lessons, and the family still has food and a roof. I'll make the deposit back, but if it should somehow work out like I hope it will, I'll have a great centerpiece for my next Alien Day party!

#59 6 years ago

I was ready to put money down and get one before TPF, but wanted to play it first. After playing several games over TPF weekend I decided it just wasn't for me or my family. The games at TPF just felt clunky and had several issues including the playfield LCDs falling in and disrupting the ball flow. I'm sure there are things that could be fixed but it just wasn't as much fun as I hoped it would be.

I ended up buying a different game and was still considering an Alien if it got more polish. However with the financing issues, I'll wait it out and maybe grab one used some day or NIB when I can hand cash to a person and drive away with it.

#60 6 years ago

I'm stunned by the poll results here and wondering if anyone is paying attention.

#61 6 years ago

I am! A bit surprised at the low numbers...showing 54 people with deposits, and only 54 polling to want to buy.....
only 22 people here polling to want a refund, which must be low, or those 22 are vocalizing themselves a whole bunch of times on all threads....

What do you see?

#62 6 years ago

I think it's a bit like stern star trek, (and likely star wars) everyone sees it and poo poos, so disappointed etc.. but when they start shipping everyone buys it. I'm guilty of this myself, never was crazy about the trek art, but it was my first nib. In short; If they ship we will buy.

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

... or those 22 are vocalizing themselves a whole bunch of times on all threads....

Whoa...whoa...!
Hold up. People don't do stuff like that on pinside. I'm appalled at the suggestion

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I am! A bit surprised at the low numbers...showing 54 people with deposits, and only 54 polling to want to buy.....
only 22 people here polling to want a refund, which must be low, or those 22 are vocalizing themselves a whole bunch of times on all threads....
What do you see?

Now check out the poll in the other thread...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-refund-from-patient-supporter-to-angry-x-customer

#65 6 years ago

With all the bs going on at the site about HP and Alien makes me wonder how semi efterblivna some is, if you have a full paid game you might not whant to throw shite on the company you think is owing you money and expect them to continue working for you getting a refound when it so much easyier to sink the company to its grave and no one will be refounded.

Make facts, not bs cuz i can smell it a mile away ‍♂️.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from Frli002:

With all the bs going on at the site about HP and Alien makes me wonder how semi efterblivna some is, if you have a full paid game you might not whant to throw shite on the company you think is owing you money and expect them to continue working for you getting a refound when it so much easyier to sink the company to its grave and no one will be refounded.
Make facts, not bs cuz i can smell it a mile away ‍♂️.

a very cromulent word choice

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

And such a recherche word choice from you

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I thought it was more recondite.

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Quoted from Astropin:

I thought it was more recondite.

I'm not smart enough for you guys

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

I'm not smart enough for you guys

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

» YouTube video

I don't think that video helped

#72 6 years ago

My pin is on the way, man am i excited so lets quote Cartman in South Park.

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

I don't think that video helped

That's unfortunate.

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from Frli002:

Like this @ fifty sec mark???

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from Frli002:

What do you mean your pin is on the way?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#76 6 years ago

I'd like to be able to put some time on a FINISHED PRODUCTION game with the problems worked out. Currently there's too much clunkiness and I hate the how the ball rattles around in the launcher. Make the game feel smooth, get the main toy working and be an interesting part of gameplay and of course make the pop bumpers much more lively.

#77 6 years ago

I've been paid in full on Run Yourself Ragged since 1983 and still don't have my game!!

#78 6 years ago

First picture is a screen shot of the poll 11 days ago. Below that for comparison is today's poll. What I find interesting is not just the results here but the continuing trend.

I thought Alien would be a home run theme and I didn’t expect these results at all. Not at all. I mean, the runaway winning category here is “I have no interest to own”. It’s not even close.

If I were a Heighway investor I’d be plenty nervous seeing this.

HP Pol 06-07 (resized).pngHP Pol 06-07 (resized).png

HP Pol 06-18 (resized).pngHP Pol 06-18 (resized).png

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

What do you mean your pin is on the way?

? Mean its on the way ? Are the words derelicte? Read the words and its what it means

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from Frli002:

? Mean its on the way ? Are the words derelicte? Read the words and its what it means

Now I'm not sure what your word "derelicte" means either

Are you saying the line is running & Heighway is shipping games direct to customers or yours is from a distributor?

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Sorry but that's stupid, look at the SW who's in for what what model poll? going by that there are 272 pinsiders buying it and 210 not interested should Stern worry, Pinside does not dictate a companies future, especially via polls.

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Sorry but that's stupid, look at the SW who's in for what what model poll? going by that there are 272 pinsiders buying it and 210 not interested should Stern worry, Pinside does not dictate a companies future, especially via polls.

Ok. I'm sorry you think I'm stupid.
Good debate though....

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Ok. I'm sorry you think I'm stupid.
Good debate though.

I didn't say u were stupid, what you did was stupid but hey we can all be stupid sometimes.

#84 6 years ago

The financial issues and non-delivery etc is pretty much game over for me. However, if the company gets back on track I still have another hurdle. . .

The cabinet design is a pinball abomination. The skinny head and play field frame border, while may be fine sitting by itself, but in a lineup of BW, JJP, and Stern games it's just downright ugly.

Hopefully they change the design to a more traditional look.

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

First picture is a screen shot of the poll 11 days ago. Below that for comparison is today's poll. What I find interesting is not just the results here but the continuing trend.
I thought Alien would be a home run theme and I didn’t expect these results at all. Not at all. I mean, the runaway winning category here is “I have no interest to own”. It’s not even close.

With thousands of different pinball machines to chose from, this is no surprise. Different machines, for different people, and different reasons.

To do a fair analysis of disinterest, you'd need a footprint of multiple machines, to gage the relative dis-interest in Aliens. Yet in the end, the investor just need to look at the order bank.

For me, what is glaring,
throw out the 'not interested' results, and those that 'have one'.

Among the committed, now look at the percentage of collectors still bielebing in the the pre-order model.

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from Rush1169:

The financial issues and non-delivery etc is pretty much game over for me. However, if the company gets back on track I still have another hurdle. . .
The cabinet design is a pinball abomination. The skinny head and play field frame border, while may be fine sitting by itself, but in a lineup of BW, JJP, and Stern games it's just downright ugly.
Hopefully they change the design to a more traditional look.

Mine sits in a row next to Jurassic Park and Indiana Jones. All are stock with no powdercoat or brass/chrome plating. The things I'd like to change are what most do to their cabinets: the stainless steel legs to black, paint the stainless steel bolts black (the bolts on the front), and maybe powdercoat or plate the coin door. The side blades look really cool lit up and pretty much anything else that I've seen people complain about as far as aesthetics could be solved the same way people have customized their new Sterns for years now.

#87 6 years ago

Serial #1 is in Starport Arcade here in Morgantown, WV...

#88 6 years ago

Are you saying the line is running & Heighway is shipping games direct to customers or yours is from a distributor?

Line is running fast and my Pin will be shipped in the late part of july. We do have distributor here to you know, dhaa.

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from Frli002:

We do have distributor here to you know,

USER "FRLI002" LOCATION UNKNOWN
Frli002 has not set a location or has opted to set location info hidden.

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

USER "FRLI002" LOCATION UNKNOWN
Frli002 has not set a location or has opted to set location info hidden.

Considering your post
Frli002 would you like to let the people know who you are?

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Frli002 would you like to let the people know who you are?

OMG this is it...it's Kenada isn't it? The pheonix has risen!

1 month later
#92 6 years ago

Can you guys decode this pm he sent me?

Screenshot_2017-08-09-15-37-29 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-08-09-15-37-29 (resized).png

#93 6 years ago

Huh...I guess Welsh is hard to understand

#94 6 years ago

That helps reinforce why I want nothing to do with a title like this. I can't say I have much in common with the any of the fan boys .

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That helps reinforce why I want nothing to do with a title like this. I can't say I have much in common with the any of the fan boys .

Oh come on now...sure you don't want to be a "derelicte" ?

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Oh come on now...sure you don't want to be a "derelicte" ?

OK. Little in common then.

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Can you guys decode this pm he sent me?

You've pissed off a Zoolander fan who appears to represent the Punjabi University Teachers Association (PUTA). Not someone to be taken lightly, I should think.

#98 6 years ago

Love it.
Tempted to change thread's title to "Alien Pinball Poll...Please Derelicte my balls... Why? I just Gotta Know"

#99 6 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Love it.
Tempted to change thread's title to "Alien Pinball Poll...Please Derelicte my balls... Why? I just Gotta Know"

You certainly got my vote

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Love it.

Do it!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
9,999 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-pollwhyi-just-gotta-know/page/2?hl=frli002 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.