DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25943 4 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

I’m officially apart of the club! Just got an alien and I’m having problems with the APC drop targets. They are going up and down rapidly and aggressively. See video link. Thoughts?

Would have to look at mine but in most stand up target games that usually means the coil is not pulling the targets high enough to lock position which makes them fall and keep resetting. Would start with the lift bracket under the stand up targets to see if its slightly bent.

#25945 4 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

Thanks for thoughts, Did you see the video? It looks like the coil sleeve is in a very odd spot. Like hanging down. I’ve never screen that before. Could that be the issue?

Good catch. Yes it appears either the previous owner put in the wrong length coil sleeve or put it in with the flange on the wrong side and it slid out. That would be the issue. As I said something is keeping the coil from Fully pulling the targets to lock position. Good luck.

#25969 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I got it from Hollywood collectibles direct exclusive version what u think ? It’s huge[quoted image]

Like the Alien looks good but I am rather drawn to that art piece sitting on the floor you took down. Love it!

#25990 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Anyone bringing an Alien to sell at TPF? If so hit me up!

No but you always have an open invite to visit and play ours next time your near Chicago.

#26012 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Some Pinheads asked me to show some pictures how I did the wiring for the mini beacons.
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for sharing. Doing this myself soon with some Amazon beacons. How/where did you feed that power strip from.

#26024 4 years ago
Quoted from Maurice:

Recently the playfield monitor turns red. It happened several times. I switch the machine off and on and problem gone. What can cause this and how can I prevent it from happening?[quoted image]

Same here. Hope there is some advice on this.

#26041 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Connectivity/ sync issue (my case)...unplug and re-seat connectors.
@yelowbird, when did you join the club? Just noticed you posting as of late.....

Have wanted this amazing game for some time. Preferably without to many issues. Lucked out and worked out a deal with #del31 for his amazing game with his hoard of replacement parts. Absolutely an incredible game. No question game of the decade in my book 2nd possibly only to JJP POTC. Glad I found the opportunity and Del31 had an amazing example.

On the very random static screen I am certain it’s not the mini display as I have several new backups of those plus on occasion the primary large display does the same. Reset game and it’s fine. My guess is some type of high voltage interference with one of the video cables or connections to the output board.

#26043 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Glad to hear that game found a great home.... cabling, and connectivity (or lack thereof) are everything on this one. Mine was definitely the connection at the screen itself, as I could recreate the problem. Given you see it occasionally on the big screen as well, you're probably on the right track. Being I'm an A/V guy, all the infrastructure cabling got replaced and routed properly early on, so I'm confident it's a minor thing for you.
Alien (the machine, not company) is in a league of its own....let my JJP POTCCE spot go...twice (a painful experience, but not for this thread)....congrats and welcome to Alienland.....

Sincerely appreciated. I will dive into it tonight and see if I can route stuff better and tighten it up. Or..... as usual I’ll just play some awesome Alien and worry about it some other day. Lol

#26075 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Hello everybody,
with great pleasure I would like to provide you with the finished rulesheet for the ALIEN of Heighway Pinball - Pinball Brothers.
This document could only be created with the support of the Pinball Community - thank you very much.
Special thanks to Per Herrmann, who together with Joe "Ferrit" Schober has already created a set of rules in advance.
His research and "experiments" on his own device have laid the foundation for the current document.
Also his collection of information and the great kits for the ALIEN have my utmost respect!
In spite of the initially hopeless situation around the ALIEN, we managed together to raise a pin believed to be dead to an almost perfect level. Yes, we even managed to get former employees of Heighway enthusiastic about the project again and to push the development further.
Especially the situation around the insolvency of Heighway required a lot of tact, but despite all the "prophecies of doom", we have achieved a lot - much more than most people thought. Personally, I have never experienced anything like this before, and in some cases it took a lot of work and energy, but the result should be above all else.
I would also like to thank the colleagues and "ALIEN owners" who selflessly offered help in every possible form, be it for testing, spare parts, etc.
Thanks to Redukt, who practically provided his "unique" with the only software version 1.3B and thus made an important contribution to the continued work on the software. We would probably never have thought what potential the device still has.
This is what really got the ball rolling... and now we have also "picked up" Brian Dominy and can look forward to a revised software for the ALIEN in the foreseeable future. Also TomDK has to be mentioned at this point, who has significantly contributed to the stability of the hardware... these PET-G stories are just great.
It's really incredible what has been achieved and I'm very proud to be a part of it - thanks to everyone who has been actively involved.
But enough of the adulation... please find attached current rulesheet of the ALIEN.
I hope you like it and you can use it to understand the ALIEN even better.
regards
Averell
[quoted image]

Wow, simply wow!! Can't thank you sincerely enough for your amazing support and contributions. Just awesome and greatly appreciated. Thank You!!

3 months later
#26691 3 years ago

Tried to hunt through this Long thread but figured I could just ask. Where can I purchase some replacement green targets as well as the square clear targets in front of the Alien. Mine are not looking great... Really appreciate any direction. Thanks.

#26693 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

As I rem,ember there are 4 screws for the lower part of the head. Backside of playfield fixed with T-nuts ?! Hold the spining nut with a plier.

The clear target here
https://www.free-play.se/search/alien?twsList-no-slot=g-manual-d-24-4
Seems that the green targets are sold out ... also on
Pinball Life

Thanks So much. Looks like both are out. I have a rivet press and the targets work fine just the plastic is cracked on both. Would a standard target lens work and any idea which one could be used? Game is So perfect hate seeing those broken parts.

1 week later
#26766 3 years ago
Quoted from dpeck3:

I can’t find the post, but does anyone recall the person that put miniature rotating beacons on his playfield? I’m building a topper and I want to use those but I don’t know where to find any. The Internet is pretty sparse on availability. Thx

Amazon. Rather cheap and simple to install.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0747JKR4X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

2 weeks later
#26920 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I've seen a solution someone had for this, but can't find where ... it was a year or two ago.
[quoted image]
It was a plastic (3dprinted) shim with edge lips both sides, on both sides. Fitted in between it maintained vertical alignment, to combat this very issue. I think maybe the stack ended up bolted together.
That is another option.... just lose the rivets, and try bolts, using a bit more tension than the rivets can provide.

Can someone Please advise where to get That green target.

1 week later
#27015 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Btw did that flasher mod ever get released? The one that goes off when xeno eats ball? That looked great

Huh? You sold me your flasher kit lol.

#27023 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Getting so many pm's about parts I can't reply to them because I've reached my limit for the day that Pinside allows. Not looking to sell the parts with my inquiry about the value of them for now, just needed an idea in case I sell or trade the game and extra parts in the future.

Keeps the parts and sell them with the game. Piece of mind will greatly help your resale value to most. These parts are hard to find which is why many are trying to hoard them to sell later.

1 week later
#27111 3 years ago
Quoted from dpeck3:

Has anyone done a pinstadium mod to their alien? Do you like it? And which version did you buy? How does it look with the blades? Photos? Thanks!

Like PS. Don’t do it on Alien looks like crap. Alien is a Dark theme game not a circus tent.

#27123 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Agreed...not " scared" of anything, but everyone has varying insight to what amounts to nothing at this point. Kind of like the TronLE remake rumor. This stuff should live in its own speculation thread...not bogging down a legit one.....enough...

Also agreed and given your comparison to TronLE long time rumors at least That rumor could be given a 1% chance since the company that made it is still in Business and Could do it. Toughest thing about these goofy rumors is they never have any fact other then "read it in another thread" or "heard it from a good source my brothers, neighbors, cousins, friend, heard" But I can't give his name cause that Too is a secret! lol

5 months later
#28250 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Still working on this, but the end is in sight.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Those look great. As a custom accent to the amazing #Mk6pin apron did you consider adding those yellow/black strips around the cards to give more uniform look?

#28256 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Everything will be as MK6Pin made it. I dont change anything.

Not sure I understand sorry. I wasn't suggesting you change Anything MK6pin did as it looks perfect I was suggesting you add the yellow/black strips to the cards I assume you made to they fit his work perfectly.

1 week later
#28326 3 years ago
Quoted from Maurice:

How can I prevent the playfield LCD to look like this? On startup it’s always ok, but unfortunately it regularly shows red or green lines. Sometimes during gameplay the screen goes back to normal. I took out the entire screen and reseated all connectors EXCEPT the flat brittle and fragile looking connector. No difference.
[quoted image]

Sadly mine did that every other game. Soon the primary screen did the same. Gave up trying to fix it.

3 months later
#28537 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Big mistake...

Time will tell. Depends what he sold if for.

1 week later
#28551 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballoo:

It doesn´t look toasted...maybe still a cable issue?
[quoted image]

What’s going on with that taped up P2 connector?

#28566 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Hi all, new to this thread... I have the chance to get an Alien LE... The price is a JJPPotC CE... any thoughts if this is a good trade?
How many Aliens made it to the public? Any idea on the number of LEs in that count?
Finally, I've seen some gameplay vids on YouTube, the game looks great from what I can tell, but the seasoned player will know more... how good is it? Are the call-outs repetitive? Is it easy to get to the final wizard mode? Any gripes about the game?
Thanks a lot for any tips!!

Trading a POTC CE for an Alien???? Hell no would be my opinion. With new Aliens shipping in the 7k range and POTC CE pulling 4x that value that would be a poor trade. Great game but Not that great!

#28571 2 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Its current valuation is laughable.

Laughable but a Reality! Hence poor trade option. Game play is suggestive and I didn't comment on that.

2 months later
#28754 2 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Sorry, but no. I am getting out of pinball. Plan is to keep celts when I get it, but everything else is getting sold just a matter of buttoning up projects and getting them listed.
Was it a big mistake to get rid of a 13k game I powered on maybe a couple times a month? Hell no. Alien is a great game, but prices for pins have reached levels where I looked around and decided there are other toys I'd rather have.
Monday, my mint, 1 owner, bone stock 99 Viper shows up. Hopefully six months from not I can finish my house and move into a much better place with land and either a lake or mountain view.

Sounds like more fun then a dusty pinball machine. Well done congrats.

2 months later
#28864 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

To those who played both.. how similar do they feel? Would a casual player really notice the feel & flo & game play.. instead of comparing and bashing, I'm just wondering how close they are with all the differences like extra magnet ..the missing pf monitor.. are the flippers way different? Gotta get one someday.
Definitely my grail! *i got this tattoo in 2001 - one sitting, 4 x 3 hour sessions over 14 hours. Goood times.
[quoted image]

Not much to bash either way but having had both I see pros and cons to both. The only noticable thing to me on the PB remake are the flippers. They are ok but I did find the HY version a bit better. Otherwise its a Great title and a worthy buy no matter which you choose.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.