pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmancat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22348 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I saw an LE listed at $13k just sold, so I dunno about $20k, but as basically the last Alien made it's worth something.

For what its worth I bought this from Jim and would have paid up to 15k for it. Since this one is yours, if you were to add a signed translite or something I'm sure you could get over 15k.

With that said, I understand your position but if I were you and had a hand in something as big as the Alien franchise I would keep it. Thats something to possibly tell your kids about and screw any mention of HP.

Best wishes, either way and thanks for your contribution to this game.

1 week later
#22394 5 years ago

After making its trek half way around the world, the Alien LE I purchased from Backflipper has arrived- God bless this pinsider for the work he put in to get these LE's to thier proper state side owners.

Took Cactus Canyon Continued from the mancave and moved it to the garage. I put Alien in its place. I only have a few plays on it so far. My wife was more excited about this pin than I had anticipated.

Love how every shot seems to take some real thought. Its not a game you can just flip away on and expect things to happen.

So far everything plays as it should, except for the usual, like the over powered ball launch. Just need to tweak it.

I had a time where the ball trough kept launching balls. Another time after messing with the settings it couldnt find the balls- all fine after restart. Also noticed that the fiber optics didn't make it on this machine despite it being on the order- Oh well, less light on a game thats supposed to be dark. Just a shame because of the price they were charging for them.

I have a couple questions regarding sound and the shaker motor that I will save for the tech threads. Just kinda feels like it needs more bass n shake.

Thanks again to all the pinsiders that helped make this game happen. This game should be everywhere.

20180620_161551 (resized).jpg20180620_161551 (resized).jpg20180620_161644 (resized).jpg20180620_161644 (resized).jpg20180620_195004 (resized).jpg20180620_195004 (resized).jpg20180620_213802 (resized).jpg20180620_213802 (resized).jpg
#22403 5 years ago

Was just playing and not sure where this screw came flying from... I think somewhere from the orbits... crazy
20180621_160706 (resized).jpg20180621_160706 (resized).jpg

Also noticed last night that it shipped with a broken plastic. Guess it was just a matter of shoving these out the door before they were locked.

20180621_161419 (resized).jpg20180621_161419 (resized).jpg

#22419 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

I think it's out of the side of zeno mech 2 screws are very loose

Thank you! Going to check this out asap!

Edit: Found it. Its one of the four base mounting screws on the xenomorph and requires more plastic pulling than I care to perform at the moment.
20180623_125424 (resized).jpg20180623_125424 (resized).jpg

#22477 5 years ago

My guess is some sort of incentive/discount on new deeproot titles for those who can show a legit claim of loss.

Im just basing my guess off of this part of the interview below.

-----
RM: We still haven’t decided yet exactly what we want to do. It will be more than a ‘$5 off coupon’, but less than a free game. It might not even be towards a game, but rather travel or access. A poll would be helpful at some point to see what they really want.
------

I hope it will be a substantial incentive for those who lossed out on Alien or TBL and not just a marketing gimmick in the end.

#22498 5 years ago

In think with the LE you are as current as it gets for the time being.

1 week later
#22552 5 years ago

It may have been HP's intention to include extra art but my LE did not include any that I know of. The original purchaser ordered it with a 27" screen which is nice, but ultimately just cuts into most of the existing artwork.

It would have been cool if the pin included a full translight image of Aurichs art. Then again it didnt even include a user manual, so...

20180621_003702 (resized).jpg20180621_003702 (resized).jpg

#22630 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I dont know about you guys, but my Alien SE is freaking loud! even at 1 its like unbearable. Guess I will have to made adjustments in the menu system to 50% for music, voice etc. Anyone else experience this? I dont know how Im going to play this game at night, it kind of freaks me out especially the ambush and queens nest mode with the lights going off.. almost crapped in my pants.

You can adjust the amplifier under the playfield for better sound.

http://www.heighwaypinball.com/documents/

#22647 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

With which game you can compare the flow of Alien machine? That can help me to know if this a fast game, medium or stop and go machine.
Thanks

While its very unique I would agree with jones on Twilight Zone. The right orbit feels very similar to the gumball shot. When shooting for the Hyper Sleep ramp it feels like a very difficult TZ camera shot. While the airlock is much further away than the Slot Machine scoop on TZ, it can sometimes have the same, catch and shoot style of play at times. Just my take.

#22649 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Can't quite agree ( own a TZ for years)..3 distinct shots from top right flipper on Alien, 1 for TZ ( camera)...top left hits piano primarily, where Alien is lower and can combo several things... and while scoop can respond the same, positioning way different ( TZ scoop reminds me of TRON scoop at times)..left to right orbit can be untouchable at times...Alien does allow for brief alcohol breaks during video clips...
Love both these games

All good points.

Having my TZ sitting next to Alien probably doesnt help my bias.

Curious to know icemans take on the game once he gets its running.

4 months later
#23626 5 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

She will absolutely sign it. Just have to catch her at a comic con. She is very nice. Ot will cost you 100 -150.
Heres my baby. Got paxton before he passed.
[quoted image]

Thats an awesome signed movie poster. Really love Bill Paxtons signature- Game Over Man "hudson".

2 months later
#23831 5 years ago

My "scream again", "revive", mode lights and 'special light' flicker erractic colors when the right flipper button is held down. I think I remember reading about a similar problem in this thread but couldn't find it. Any suggestions/help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Also just noticed a low volume, high pitched beep when the left flipper is held.

2 weeks later
#23949 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Well I've decided I can no longer be without my alien - it truly is one of if not my favorite game. If all goes as planned I should have it in a couple of weeks. Excited to be back in the club.
In the meantime, I'm buying extra parts. Bought an IO board, face huggers, LEDs, those under the pf switches, extra egg, extra pf screen and I think that's it. I passed on the coils as they appear to be standard fair. Anything else recommended? I prob will buy one more IO board although that might be Overkill. Was thinking maybe the PC but those boards never go bad although out of stock right now.
Anything else guys?

I'm happy for you man. Try to keep this one around, its a true collector and as you know a blast to play.

3 months later
#24572 4 years ago

Alien LE #3

Reporting in.

20180621_003705 (resized).jpg20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#24679 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ball stuck ![quoted image]

My wife managed to do that once.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmancat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=wolfmancat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.