DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider txstargazer3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#554 9 years ago

Great looking layout. Eager to see the artwork, well done so far.

1 year later
#5519 7 years ago

I'm giving serious consideration to the Alien 35th Anniversary Edition. I think the large screen is an additional charge; are there other options to consider for the 35th?

#5521 7 years ago

Thanks MK6PIN! So at this point, I would make my deposit directly through Heighway rather than with Melissa at Cointaker, right?

2 months later
#6734 7 years ago

I'm eager to see the Alien game too. Heighway knows there is a lot riding on this title and I have to believe they are going all out to get it right. If they do, they secure their immediate future and give themselves a chance to go back and polish Full Throttle a bit. If they get it right, I will be in for Alien!

#6736 7 years ago

I'm very seriously considering Alien LE for my next NIB after GB LE. I know that putting down a deposit before that "secret" first gameplay video comes out will be important in order to lock in an LE spot. I have two questions that I would please like some Pinside wisdom on.

Is early 2017 a realistic estimate for delivery if ordered now? (I have no problem waiting for quality.)

Should I order from Cointaker or right from Heighway?

Thanks; please feel free to PM me if you prefer.

#6759 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

We can stop all this nonsense now....I remember seeing it in the theatre....

I was 28.

#6767 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Would like to support the company direct but I think it might make more sense as an American to buy from Cointaker. Never bought a NIB, and haven't even seen gameplay can't believe I thinking of putting down a deposit!

I just ordered an LE today from Melissa at CoinTaker and couldn't be happier. She is great to deal with and I agree that we need to support the folks who are here to support our pinball needs. It's a win-win.

#6791 7 years ago

It seems Alien will likely have slowdowns because you have Fox approving everything every step of the way. Fox needs to protect their franchise, while Heighway needs to get the pin out to customers. I can wait for quality.

#6793 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

The good news is we are close......time will fly, and expo upon us.....most of the wait behind us, and there were cool improvements made during the wait ( mainly that screen!!!).....can't wait to see/ play this damn thing!!!

Absolutely! I'm moving to Chicago next month, so you KNOW that I will be at Expo this year to see what Andrew has for us.

#6808 7 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

No kidding!!!! Did everyone upgrade their lcd screen? Right now....i have not.

I told Melissa that I want the one with the 27" screen.

#6819 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I have the large screen on my FT. It's totally unneeded for gameplay, but it's awesome. I'm hopeful about its future potential as well.

I remember being very impressed when playing the large screen Full Throttle at the Texas Pinball Festival. It is great for the other players who aren't shooting and for newbies to figure out what the rules are.

#6830 7 years ago

I wonder if there will be many who opt for the LE but not the 27". Anyone here doing that? I'm going for the 27" on my LE.

#6890 7 years ago

I had placed an order for an Alien LE with Melissa, but this morning I changed it. I ordered the Full Throttle LE with the big screen and black cabinet AND the Alien LE conversion kit. Next week I should know my FT LE game number and she said the FT LE delivery will be in 2-3 weeks. Gonna be a long 3 weeks!

#6898 7 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Not everyone loves the pf art for Aliens....however I love artwork on the pf. Matter of fact, I love it so much.....im taking it out behind the local arcade.....and getting it pregnant....

Be safe - wear a Cliffy!

#6902 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

gb le and then alien le for me. god bless america!!!

And Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales!

#6908 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

My thoughts exactly. Its a dark theme, so lets keep it that way.

I think the dark and moody look of Alien and the colorful and loud Full Throttle make a great pairing for Heighway's first two games. The contrast is essential to entice pinheads to buy both games (which is at the core of the conversion kit concept). It worked for me!

#6911 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Dude, you got GB and Hobbit...won't be THAT long of a wait.

PM sent.

#6912 7 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Hope not, I'd love a dark ass Bladerunner follow up next.

I'd be in for that!

2 weeks later
#7005 7 years ago

I thought I read that the US reveal of the game would be at Expo in Chicago. True?

#7007 7 years ago

Thanks! I just moved to Chicago (today) and will definitely be at Expo. I ordered the Alien conversion kit with the beacons and fiber optic ramps. Melissa from CoinTaker says my Full Throttle LE should be here in another two weeks or so.

#7010 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Welcome to Chicagoland!

Thanks Razorbak! We are returning to our home town after 28 years on the road with various airlines. Feels great to be back home.

#7036 7 years ago

At last year's Texas Pinball Festival I met Andrew and Melissa and was very impressed with both of them. Over the three days of the TPF, my wife and I played Full Throttle more than any other game at the show.

Because I loved the GB theme, I ordered a GB LE. But when the playfield issues arose, I got a refund and ordered a Full Throttle LE from Melissa at CoinTaker, fully paid for it and put a deposit on the Alien conversion kit with beacons and fibre optics.

That is the level of faith I have in these folks. My FT LE will be here in 2-3 weeks - gloss black cabinet and black glass magazine/trim and 27" screen. Should look good with Alien too!

#7076 7 years ago

Exciting news! Thank you.

How are things going on the FOX approvals?

3 weeks later
#7385 7 years ago

I have an all-black Full Throttle LE on order. It should be here in a week or 10 days. It ought to look good with the Alien module too.

#7435 7 years ago

The timing on Super Pricing couldn't be worse from Stern's perspective. Just as they make the belated jump from dots to LCD and just as they increase their prices, they are plagued by QC issues. They are facing a hideous cost to address their playfield issues, and fixing them will impact new game production capacity as factory and labor assets are diverted to repopulating returned playfields.

All of this is casting serious doubt on the wisdom of currently ordering what should have been two great titles - GB and BM66. This is a window of opportunity for Heighway, Spooky, JJP and others. Andrew could not ask for a better climate for launching Alien(s).

#7441 7 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Have they shot the promo?

I don't think they want to risk that until they know that FOX won't mandate any changes.

3 weeks later
#8002 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I just talked to them yesterday. They don't even know the prices yet because of the newly introduced options. They told me I could reserve one after expo if I still wanted. They didn't seem at all concerned about LEs not being available through them.

Are you saying CoinTaker won't be carrying Alien LE?

#8110 7 years ago

I just got back from the Twin Peaks Alien rollout and the pin is outstanding! Getting a chance to shoot this pin was amazing, even it its unfinished state. This is going to be a huge success for Heighway!

#8144 7 years ago

Sorry the photos aren't very good but maybe better than nothing?

IMG_0525 (resized).JPGIMG_0525 (resized).JPG

IMG_0527 (resized).JPGIMG_0527 (resized).JPG

#8145 7 years ago

A few more...

IMG_0528 (resized).JPGIMG_0528 (resized).JPG

IMG_0530 (resized).JPGIMG_0530 (resized).JPG

IMG_0529 (resized).JPGIMG_0529 (resized).JPG

IMG_0531 (resized).JPGIMG_0531 (resized).JPG

IMG_0533 (resized).JPGIMG_0533 (resized).JPG

IMG_0532 (resized).JPGIMG_0532 (resized).JPG

IMG_0534 (resized).JPGIMG_0534 (resized).JPG

IMG_0535 (resized).JPGIMG_0535 (resized).JPG

#8156 7 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

Maybe, Depends on what kind If a 2" Alien ran up to you on the street, would you be frightened? Maybe I am being a bit harsh in my criticism and I probably should reserve judgment before seeing better pics/video. The scale of the airlock toy next to that of the Alien head just makes it seem out of place to me.

It doesn't seem that way in person. Many pins have various scales in use on the same playfield.

#8407 7 years ago

I got to meet Aurich at the Heighway presentation yesterday. I was very impressed - he is a great guy and he and the rest of the HP team really inspired my increased confidence in Full T and Alien. Thanks for taking the time to chat Aurich!

1 week later
#8739 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Thanks.
So Alien LE with the LCD in the head is $8700.00 not including shipping.
These prices are....unfortunate.

I agree with bigdaddy07, call Melissa at CoinTaker. You will be glad you did.

1 week later
#9089 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Feel bad for bad mouthing Cointaker when I finally got in touch with Melissa and learned they were/are having email server issues. Should be fixed soon and Melissa was helpful as always, just some dumb tech problems. If you're not ordering direct and in the US Cointaker has been great so far, give them your business/money!

Another strong recommendation for CoinTaker, Chris and Melissa. My FTh LE was delivered last week and I am very happy with the game and Cointaker's performance.

1 week later
#9237 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

It's because the emails have to travel over the ocean.

USA emails get there quicker thanks to the prevailing westerly winds, but the UK emails fight headwinds on the way back. Maybe westbound emailing via the polar route would be better.

It seems Andrew has made a good effort to be more communicative lately. I played it at Expo and Alien looks like a real winner.

1 week later
#9296 7 years ago

Thanks Andrew, what a great video! I'm having a great time with my Full Throttle LE. Will you be including some Alien modules in the first or second quarter production of the new year for those of us with Full Throttle games or will they come after full game production?

#9356 7 years ago

The article is from 2014, so the situation may have changed somewhat since then.

3 weeks later
#9561 7 years ago

For those of us with a Full Throttle, has Andrew released the price for the Alien drop-in playfield? I remember the early estimates of 60% of the full game price and I have looked at the page for upgrades Beacons, etc) but I haven't seen a firm price for the Alien module yet.

1 week later
#9645 7 years ago

I played this at Expo and loved it. It continues to improve with each new video released and is destined to be a huge seller. I have a Full Throttle LE and am eager to receive my Alien kit. I plan to add the topper, extra lighting, etc.

Andrew, there is a lot riding on this game - as you well know. I realize that there must be huge financial pressure to get the revenue flowing, but continue to be true to your vision. You are on the brink of making this the very best game you can.

1 month later
#10367 7 years ago

My LE is HP-FT-0310.

3 weeks later
#11133 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I'm not in on the pre-order yet. But intend to do so. Have most of you ordered direct or via or Coin Taker? Which do you recommend. Please PM me if you can offer any advice... This would be my first NIB.

I have had a great experience with Melissa at CoinTaker. I bought my Full Throttle LE through her and she has been fantastic. I also have my Alien module ordered through her. Highly recommended.

1 month later
#12569 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

We already drive the fibre lighting anyway, with hardware and software used on Full Throttle.

The fibre lighting on my Full Throttle LE is absolutely beautiful with great transitions between the various colors. This is a very impressive feature.

1 year later
#20712 6 years ago

Kudos to Melissa and CT for handling this in a businesslike and ethical manner. They can issue refunds because they have properly held those funds aside rather than send them to Heighway. That is the right way to do business.

#20717 6 years ago

If you ordered through CoinTaker, just give them a call and request it.

4 weeks later
#22144 5 years ago

Even the Rolling Stones couldn't save a very bad pin. Mick on a stick anyone?

3 weeks later
#22351 5 years ago

Follow your heart, not your wallet. Just be aware that once it is gone, it is irretrievable.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider txstargazer3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=txstargazer3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.