DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tsskinne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

2 years later
#11622 7 years ago

Curious if anyone knows, if you buy the standard without backbox lcd, can the lcd screen later be added as an upgrade?

1 week later
#11864 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i am asking about the plastic over the playfield monitor. kinda hooe it can be teplaced and not like the lower playfield glass on the early acdc that got clouded.

I assumed, which is always dangerous, that it would be like the windows on cftbl, congo, black hole, haunted house, tbl, and just replaceable if needed.

#11866 7 years ago
Quoted from pindan3:

just jumped to the last thread........will this game be in Dallas?

I believe so.

1 week later
#12136 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I am going to continue be a broken record here but any update on LE artwork and status?! So happy everything is moving forward and games are shipping but kind of feel locked in a box here with an LE and haven't even been able to see the game :wall:yet!

Andrew posted a few days ago they are still waiting on Fox approval. They will share everything once it is approved.

#12316 7 years ago

I also wonder ....IMG_0560 (resized).JPGIMG_0560 (resized).JPG

#12325 7 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

The clear chipping around the window is kind of concerning. Did the team notice this or have anything to say about it? Did it look like it was caused only because the display was misleveled?

Yeah screen was re-leveled, it's similar to what I've seen happen on some Congo and CFTBL games as well. Very small and hard to see because it's in a dark spot but for now I'm going to Mylar it and call it good. I'm not the type to get bent out of shape about little cosmetics. Andrew pointed it out showed me how to adjust that level of screen, really easy as it's just four screws, and I'm sure if worse case scenario it does start to bother me I'm guessing Andrew would help me get a replacement.

This one will be going on location in Springfield, MO for a few weeks until I can get down there to pick it up. I left straight from TPF to go to Florida for my spring break and will pick it up here in April then it will be on location in Lafayette, IN so anyone wanting to get some time on it you have some options.

#12353 7 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

So did either of you get the face huggers for the slings? I know there was only one pair between the three games. Who got game three? I'd have taken it because I just happen to have a spare piece of glass and a FEW scratches might not have bothered me or maybe polished out. Congrats to both of you!

Yes I believe they all had face huggers now. Game three was being kept by Cointaker on account of the broken glass being in the cabinet and the playfield of it being scratched. I assume they will ship that back to heighway and get a new playfield kit for the cabinet but I have no idea really other than I was told they were keeping it. I think it may be to take to other shows as well once they get it fixed up.

2 weeks later
#12693 7 years ago

Be one streaming later today on twitch. Thisflippinpodcast on twitch.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#12702 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

You people really don't follow along...he bought it and brought it home from TPF.

Yes it had to catch a ride to Missouri with friends since I flew out to TPF and I've finally had a day off to go get it. 18 hour trip. Down to about an hour to go.

#12713 7 years ago

Did some middle do the night streaming on code .94, unfortunately no large display function yet as I left my keys about 1000 miles away so waiting for them to be shipped. One game that was good and you can see a lot. A lot of bad games where you can't see much.

#12727 7 years ago
Quoted from redundor:

Man that sucks. At least there's not anything super important in the back box

Yeah keys are in the mail already and then I'll get big display going. Luckily was still able to connect speakers. Really diggin it so far. Finally got all the multiballs today.

#12739 7 years ago

Not sure who is in charge of that stream, but you may want to export it to youtube as well so it can be accessed past the couple of weeks that twitch saves them.

#12763 7 years ago

My game took an interesting journey home from TPF as it stopped for a two week location stay in Springfield Missouri. While there the game was down for a few days as a result of an issue with an LED strip causing a short. Annoying that the game was down especially with me not there to look at it myself, but with help from both Helmut and Andrew troubleshooting the game along with the help of my friends who run the location they were eventually able to track down the problem and resolve it. While working on this issue Andrew was up personally answering text messages until 2 AM his local time to get the situation fixed, to me that is pretty damn impressive customer service.

Since I was finally able to bring the game back to my house I have had one stuck ball and everything else has been minor issues like switches not always registering (unfortunately when I picked the game up in Missouri I left the keys so I haven't been able to get into the game and adjust anything, they should be arriving today though). I'd say I put probably about 100 games on it this weekend alone and I have been very impressed and happy with it. Modes can be tough, but not impossible, multiballs are varied but don't dominate the game, and most importantly to me is its simply fun. I streamed the game and it is posted to youtube, but if anyone has questions about it I'm willing to try to help answer them as best as possible from what I have at home.

#12766 7 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

I watched your first stream, that one game you had (200m i think) was great, it was cool to see all the modes and effects/etc.

Thanks, I'm getting the hang of it. I do like that its possible to have those games but they certainly aren't occurring every time. I can see all tournament players making sure they shoot each ramp 4 times before starting all the modes to constantly double scoring as they are relatively easy shots and have safe returns. Right now I'm still trying to just see all of the game before I worry about maximizing score.

#12768 7 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Yeah, that double scoring was sweet. SO that's what was it was shooting the ramps 4x/each? Missed that part I guess.

Yes left ramp spells drop, 1 letter for each shot, right ramp spells ship, again 1 letter for each shot, when both are spelled I think it is 20 seconds or so of double scoring. It can also be a mystery award from the muthur saucer on the far left, and it can be one of the weapon "power-ups" (not really sure what to call those).

#12770 7 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Thanks for the video! That was the first time I've seen the Self Destruct mode. I'm sure it's not fully coded yet, but I thought the insert/GI lightshow to simulate the yellow rotating beacons was a pretty cool effect. I can only imagine how cool that mode will look with the actual beacon toppers in a dark room
I just love what I'm seeing so far. The gameplay & ruleset is already solid, and the total package will only get better as the lighting, sound & presentation improves with further code updates. Looking forward to seeing what presentation they come up with for the Alien tongue grab & strobe lighting effect And the how the fibre optic lighting is integrated!
Keep up the good work Andrew

Didn't even notice it myself while playing, I will have to go back and check it out.

EDIT: Just went and saw what you were talking about, looked very cool, funny what you don't notice when trying to just hit the balls.

#12772 7 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

At what time in the video does that happen please?

Should be linked right as the mode is starting in that video.

#12794 7 years ago

I think the displays have done a good job of informing on what shots to hit. The only mode that I have struggled with is Find Jonesy but that wasn't because of the display, the display makes it clear to shoot the orange insert, the problem is the orange insert is only lit very briefly and then disappears. I thought this was maybe a code issue but it was explained to me that it is supposed to simulate the cat hiding in the shadows and darting about so the orange lights and then fades. The mode is best played by cradling up and waiting for the orange shot to be lit and then hitting it, and it is not a good mode to stack a multiball with...as I was advised by Heighway staff.

On my machine I have had no problems with my up-post directing the balls into the pops for Queens Nest, but getting actions out of the pops has been my issue, I haven't had the chance yet to go in and adjust the switches on those but I will as soon as my keys arrive. I do suggest attempting to control the ball coming out of the scoop so you can take a second to read the display, and then locate the inserts for the shots you want/need to hit for the modes, it is really clear compared to a lot of other newer games like WoZ and GB (both games I also enjoy, but can be difficult for new people to figure out)....my girlfriend who is very new to pinball was able to figure out Alien much easier than the other two games according to her.

#12810 7 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

There isn't currently a consistent color for "bad" shots, but it's not because we didn't think about that. I could but won't prattle on forever about all the considerations that went into it, but the combination of "making the lights represent the entities from the movie" (e.g. I thought the "cat" shots in Find Jonesy should be orange) and "making the lights distinguishable, especially when stacking of features is considered" (e.g. multiball Jackpot shots are generally red) made things challenging. This still might get revisited in the future. I personally find it easier just to focus on what the color is for the "good" shots, since anything that's not that color is something I want to avoid during those modes.

We never subtract from your actual score.
Beyond that: Depends on the mode. There are three modes that have "bad" shots: Acid Burn, Find Jonesy, and Bug Hunt. Acid Burn features a hurry countdown; shooting a "bad" shot fast-forwards the countdown, which means fewer points for the remaining good shots, and could cause you to time out the mode sooner if the hurry value gets to its minimum. Find Jonesy is a different model, it's a game of finding the cat via "warmer/colder" ... shooting the good (cat) shots moves you "warmer", shooting the bad (Alien) shots moves you "colder". If you get "warm enough", you catch Jonesy and win; if you get "too cold", the Alien gets ya and you lose the mode. Scoring in this mode is based on shot efficiency; you'll score the most by hitting only cat shots. In Bug Hunt, "bad shots" only come into play in the second part of the mode (the Marines vs Aliens firefight) ... here, shot values are multiplied by the number of Marines that are still alive, but Marines get killed when you make bad shots. (And I watched that scene several times with a notebook in hand to make sure they get killed in the same order in the game as in the movie. )
As you might guess, these modes aren't your best choices for stacking with multiballs (although I'd be willing to take Bug Hunt into a multiball and hope multiball firepower wins out before the Aliens ravage the good guys). On the other hand, these modes have some of the best points-per-shot potential in the game for those who can shoot accurately.

Just played a lot more tonight and had a friend over as well. Keep liking it more and more.

#12837 7 years ago

I just look at it like this, Full Throttle is 2 years old, in technology terms two years of computer technology improvements is incredibly drastic. And the cost is similar to many mods, I would expect Heighway's 3rd game, if it is 2 years from now to also have a new computer and possibly need upgraded. I think that is the reality of a computer based system even if it is offered as interchangeable. This also seems better to me that they do continue the upgraded technology on the computer side so you don't end up with a pin2k type scenario down the road in the future....if that were the case I would stock up on at least a spare or two of the units in whatever heighway game you have.

I agree its not great, but its reality and to me the added $200+/- is well worth the enjoyment of the game.

#12863 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Has anyone heard if David Thiel got his game? I recall him posting that he would be working on tweaking a bunch of sounds once he got his game.

I don't know that he has his game but he did contact me about my stream of game and said he is using it to help him with sounds.

#12910 7 years ago

Had mine at PATZ this weekend. 350+ plays over two days. Only issue was I had to adjust the playfield LCD screen level a few times. I need to get lock washers to better hold the screws in place and keep it level. Otherwise had two balls not recognized as drains in troughs. Opened coin door popped ball into shoot lane and play continued. I believe people were genuinely impressed with the gameplay and the quality of the build and it received lots of compliments. Andrew heard it was there and texted me at what would have been roughly 4-5 AM in his time zone if I'm doing math right to make sure the show had gone well and the game had held up okay. It sat next to my Congo and both were played pretty much non stop with a congo having one stuck ball as well.

I'm sure when Andrew has information to share he will. I believe those of you waiting will be happy when your games arrrive.

Only other issue was my rear leg levelers lowering themselves because I didn't put nuts on them. Got some new levelers at the show and now alien should be going on location in Lafayette when I get back in town.

Any questions about the actual game let me know happy to help.

#12912 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Can you bring it to Dixon Ca May 18 for PAGG? Pretty please with suger on top.

If someone wants to pay for transport plus my time off work sure. Otherwise it's in lafayette IN feel free to visit.

#12936 7 years ago

Yeah that glass w/frame is very heavy, but feels good on the machine, and I love not having a lockbar that can move like on most other machines.

#12943 7 years ago

Just pulled the audits from my machine and thought some of you may find this data interesting, especially the drains as many people seem to complain about the left outlane.

"13 LEFT DRAINS 1763
14 RIGHT DRAINS 1020
15 CENTER DRAINS 4820"

#12946 7 years ago

Yeah but center drains are by far the most and that is with a center post even. I honestly don't feel the left side is that bad when you consider that probably close to 1/4 - 1/3 of those you get a hypersleep virtual ball save, and once you start to learn to use that upper left flipper for defense of the outlane you barely notice how wide it is.

#12949 7 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Great point. Shots exiting LT orbit, better hold that LT flipper button down

Just looked closer and there is data and my estimate was pretty close.

76 REVIVE LEFT 276
77 REVIVE RIGHT 315

TOTAL = 591 out of 1763

33.52% of the left drains have received a "revive", virtual ball save, making the left and right drains nearly equal in their impact on your game

#13091 7 years ago

Yeah it is pretty bright in person, there are two modes where the GI does go out for atmosphere, and I could see that being hard to play in a dark location, but the shots you need to hit are still lit very well. Overall not an issue to me.

#13164 6 years ago

Andrew- Thanks for the update. I ship c-containers from time to time. From pick-up to delivery globally can take anywhere from 30-45 days to clear customs. Im sure the cointakers will be here soon.
You can throw it on a plane from 700-1000 extra, will still take a week to clear.
Biggest flaw or problem ive seen was selling the 3 machines out of TPF.
Those 3 should have gone on tour rather than get sold. This would have been really good advertising for the pin. Many shows ob eest coast next 3-4 months, and no Aliens will be present......well, there is a remake making these shows.

To be fair the game I took from TPF was on location within 2 days, stayed there for two weeks, was brought home for 4 days, then went to a three day show, it has now been back in my home since Monday, and will be going out on location within the next week. I've also put roughly 6-8 hours of gameplay online at this point of the machine.

Heighway had nothing to do with the sale of the TPF games, those were purchased by Cointaker, and sold by Cointaker, and they only sold two, one left the show with them. I'm not sure what they did with the game after the show, but I imagined at the time it may be used at other shows.

#13245 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Why don't they give latest code to people who have one of the 5 that shipped? So they can Beta test and show fans new stuff. Tommy from Flippin' Podcast has been asking for code and does hour long videos on YouTube to show off the game. I say give him the latest software! Geez
» YouTube video

Haha thanks, I'm sure they will when it's good and ready, game is a lot of fun. I adjusted my upper roll overs last night and they seem to be working better. Will stream it a bit tomorrow.

#13270 6 years ago

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/04/26/aliens-dead-orbit-1-review

Just something cool I saw that I thought some of you Alien fans may enjoy.

#13312 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

That's great that they caught these issues and can fix them before shipping more games.
When will shipping start back up?

Not that there has been anything major, but certainly lots of little issues with the game I have at home already, I would say everyone is better off with some patience and letting Heighway sort out a lot of these issues at the factory. They have been extremely communicative with me about every issue as they have arisen, but again much easier if it comes to you with these issues solved.

#13351 6 years ago
Quoted from whatchapopo:

when you play your alien with the 2 screens, which one look at you?

Playfield completely after about 20 games, but the backbox is nice for multiplayer games.

#13359 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

I got the 27" LCD mostly to preserve/help the games resale value if I ever sell it. I also got it to impress my fellow pinheads. Neither of which are good enough reasons in my book, so I also ordered the full backglass. I plan to watch the big screen as much as I can but believe that ultimately I'll end up watching the PF screen the most. If that proves to be the case I'll remove the 27" LCD, store it safely, and install Aurichs awesome backglass!

You can just install the backglass and not turn the monitor on, saves you the trouble of uninstalling it.

#13367 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

ALIEN TWEAKS
I've been getting lots of questions from current/new/potential owners about the tweaks I've done to get Alien playing top notch. I've decided to go ahead and put a list here for everyone.
DISCLAIMER: My game is one of the very early production games from TPF, so your game may/may not need everything described below.
1) Playfield LCD - You MUST make sure the LCD is level in the playfield, as you risk playfield chipping on that edge if it is not. The issue I had was despite making the adjustment (just four screws holding the LCD), it would not hold it's position. After 20 or so plays, I'd lift the playfield, and one of the LCD mounting screws would have fallen out into the bottom of the cabinet. The easy fix was to use small lock-washers between the playfield and the LCD mounting bracket. My LCD has been level and stable since.
2) Pops and slings - As with any new machine, you will want to gap the leaf switches for the pops and slings.
3) Airlock scoop - This is a very important shot in the game, as it starts all of the modes. Mine was firing SDTM more than 50% of the time - not fun. There are several ways to adjust a scoop. I loosened the mounting screws and tried to 'twist' slightly - but there really wasn't much room to adjust, so I went overkill - removed the mech and used a drill to slightly enlarge the mounting holes. That gave it enough play to adjust the trajectory of the ball.
4) Shooter lane ball kickout - About 10% of the time, my game had some trouble getting the ball into the shooter lane. I found that the lane protector (mounted on the shooter lane with two screws) was slightly overhanging the ball trough launch. I didn't want to try re-mounting it farther back fearing I could mess up the shooter lane. Instead, I removed the protector and tested that indeed it was the issue. I then took a dremel and ground it down just a bit to remove the little bit that was overhanging. Re-mounted it, and haven't had an issue since.
5) Upper rt flipper - was not returning to rest position 100%. I installed a slightly stronger spring - fixed.
6) Playfield switches - My top rollover lanes were not registering. This was because one of the PCP's was not mounted completely flush to the playfield. The proximity switches that are under the playfield need to be completely inside their mounting holes. Tightened everything up - easy fix.
7) Ramp feeds to inlanes - I made a tweak to almost completely eliminate the frustrating 'ball hopping out' when it should feed cleanly from the ramp to the in-lane. ...getting a little long here, so will save that little nugget for another post.
Xeno mech - currently disabled...waiting on new Xeno board.
Hope that helps some of y'all~!

I can second most of these adjustments on my game. Issues I'm still having is an overly sensitive switch at one of the three facehugger shots but I haven't been able to determine which one yet. I've had no shooter lane or upper right flipper issues, and only a handful of balls have gone down the middle from my scoop so I haven't adjusted yet.

My stand up targets to the left and right of the scoop were wired backwards, instead of undoing the wiring I simply undid the screws under the playfield and swapped them, and to be honest it took me 200+ games to realize these weren't registering correctly before I even noticed the issues.

LCD leveling has been my biggest issue as well. I also added lock washers and it has been much better although I did have one screw come out again yesterday. I have decided that I am going to add loctite to the screws the next time I have to adjust them in order for them to hold better. I've also had a lot of trouble getting the screen to be completely level almost to the point where I'm not actually convinced the screen itself is level as I get the corners to be perfect and then in the middle area it will be slightly higher than the playfield. I did mylar my edge of the screen as a precaution.

My only other issue is my right inlane sensor not always registering a switch hit. I'm planning to undo that board from the bottom of the playfield and attempt and adjustment on it this week, but to be honesty the right ramp is so easy to hit that I typically just do a pass over and shoot it again if it didn't register the first time.

#13426 6 years ago

Well if anyone wants to watch some Alien gameplay I'll be streaming in about an hour, my school just released early due to flooding in the area so I've got some spare time.

#13644 6 years ago

I got through the Alien mini-wizard mode Self-Destruct, (at least I'm pretty sure I completed it), on Saturday morning while streaming and I made a highlight of it. Finished the game with 245 million my second best so far. Anyway figured some of you may be interested in seeing it and the awesome light show for the mode, others may want to wait.

SPOILER ALERT Don't watch if you don't want to see one of the mini wizard modes.

#13662 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I thought there were 3 sub wizard? 1 for Alien, 1 for Aliens, 1 for all the multiballs?

All out War is the main wizard mode, have to do all 4 multiballs, and then also all 4 modes for both films, and both mini wizard modes to get to it. I haven't seen it yet.

#13667 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Thanks for posting! Even though you got it in the scoop at the end, I think you timed out though, because it didn't show the Alien getting blasted out the airlock. Looks intense though, and sure to score some big points. Going to be great in a dark room with the beacons & the music blasting!

Doh.....I fail, my apologies.

#13671 6 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Been wanting an alien, sold a couple pins to have cash on hand. Played it at allentown and have to say I wasn't all that impressed. Imo the playfield lo9ked abused, and the ramps looked unfinished to me. With that being said....I'm hardly ever impressed with games at a pinball show. Lighting,sound, and atmosphere are HUGE aspects of wether or not I take a shine to a game. The fact that I couldn't experience any of these at the show negatively affect my first impression of the game. I'm sure all that will change if and when I'm able to buy one to put it in my gameroom cuz it's still tops on my want list.

Pretty sure if that was Cointaker's it may be the one from TPF that had glass break on it before.

#13719 6 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

Can anybody confirm if the cabinets for Alien are made of particleboard or of real plywood?

Real plywood, solidly built.

#13732 6 years ago

I have a timer on airlock screen for some modes but not others. I assume some aren't timed.

Doh get me that .97 code!

#13737 6 years ago

Pretty sure the ramps are designed that way to go with the theme of the game honestly, but not positive.

I'm still on .94 code.

#13857 6 years ago

Are all the new games out there running .97 code?

#13926 6 years ago

Dammit now I gotta order some too. Don't want to be the only beaconless Alien

#13929 6 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

There's only 4 ratings now, i'm really interested by this pinball, saw all the videos on YT but i don't know if i pull the trigger and buy one, a few more ratings from fresh Alien's owners will be greatly appreciated.
I'm a afraid about the flow of this machine, it's seems a bit weird on videos. Also i don't like the flow of the ball in the right inlane after the ramp, it seems very slow and "jerky", is it normal? Maybe a little adjustment can repair this?
Also just one more question, they remove the third LCD screen? On some videos there's a lcd screen next to the Xenomorph head, but on Heighway website there's an Alien in a box.
Thanks

Alien in a box is old, third screen is on all games now.

#13935 6 years ago

Just realized I had my upper left flipper eos installed incorrectly from the factory. Everyone may want to check those switches out. Not sure if it impacted game at all but can't hurt to look.

#13937 6 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

The game code does not currently use the upper flipper EOS switches (both left and right). If they're not working correctly, it won't affect anything.

Good to know. Thank you.

#13953 6 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Standard version is available and ready to be shipped? What do you think of the game Alien's owners? Does the flow is good?

Loving mine.

#14022 6 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Can anybody directly help me please? Want to play the game but I need to adjust the PF screen. Don't know how to do it. Somebody wrote something about the foam being used but I cannot find it.
HELP you Alien owner ! For god's sake!

Four Phillips head screw under the playfield on corners of LCD frame. Easy to adjust. Hard to adjust it just right. I had to add lock washers to the screws to get it to hold.

#14032 6 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Have the same phenomenon when the ball goes out through the main flipper fingers. Nothing happens. As in the test menus everything is working my friend says it's gotta do with the software. Mine says software date 11.05.2017 V0.9

You may have a short causing loss of power at 70v. Open game, remove balls, lift playfield, close coin door. Check the 70v fuse section and see if they are lit as bright as the 12 v section. If not, at least on my game I had a short in the side panel LED strip. They are connected on the lower left area of bottom of driver board. Disconnected it and it was fine. But check those leds under the fuses first with coin door shut to get a better idea. Also just check what type of switch is in the scoop and see if it's connected properly or something just came off. But having nothing work tells me it's more than that switch.

#14123 6 years ago

I think the ramps are intended to look how they do on the games that have shipped. I think they look great and match the theme. I also thing they are made of a much thicker metal than many other companies have used on metal ramps and they feel really solid to shoot.

#14204 6 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

No games this week again. No tracking number either. Would love to give more info, if I had anything to report.

Ummmmmm that's not a good sign at all.

#14579 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Not sure how long it's been this way but Cointaker has removed the option to purchase an Alien:
http://cointaker.com/t/aliens

All I can say is as a customer who purchased from Cointaker they haven't responded to or helped with any of my requests for over a month now since they requested pictures of something specific from my game so not surprised they have stopped selling.

#14598 6 years ago

"NOTICE;
Regarding the Alien pinball machine by Heighway Pinball company. We were originally proud to announce when we came to an agreement as a dealer of this incredible looking pinball machine and other future games from this company. We've met with the owner and talk to him many times. The company truly does have a great passion for putting out great games. But since our initial connection and investment with Heighway Pinball the company has struggled to finish producing games and also providing customer service on their previous game, "Full Throttle". Other issues not disclosed also have arose so we have decided to break ties and we are no longer a product dealer/distributor for Heighway Pinball company products at this time. This does not mean we might not revisit getting back together with them in the future but they first must get production, manual/schematic documentation and customer service in a much better place first. We need that support for ourselves and to help supply our customers. They have a unique product there so communication and documentation service and repair is vital
I wish them the best of luck in their growth and production. We hear there is a new announcement coming for some restructuring of their company and hopefully that will go smoothly as well.
Thank you
Troy North and Top Score Gamerooms LLC"

#14677 6 years ago

Yeah you know with other space themed pinball machines being officially announced it may be a great time to let us now wtf is going on.....

#14682 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

That might be why we have heard nothing today, if Stern had knocked SW out of the park it could have potentially over shadowed any good news/announcement Heighway made. Waiting made sense and now that SW has clearly disappointed or at least left a lot of people underwhelmed now would be the perfect time for Heighway to make their announcement. Strike while the iron is hot as they say here in the UK.

I hope you're right, bottom line is I just want the parts to fix my game or at least communication from the company explaining to me why I'm not getting any service for my game.

#14703 6 years ago

430 pm on a Thursday afternoon in Wales..
Andrew had morning coffee, were past High Tea, the day is coming to an end at factory.
Andrew, time to sit down at computer and answer some emails. Ship some Full Throttle parts to guys that really need them.
Or, higher someone to do these jobs!

Don't forget the Alien parts!

#14705 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Yup still waiting on my Xeno head and switches still havent shipped, however Helmut does respond to emails which is good.

I'm going on month three of waiting on switches, mechs, led strips.....good luck.

#14722 6 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

I am trying to bail. I am hearing too much "no replies" "can't get parts" and figured it was time to jump. Or at least try to.

I don't know anything concrete but I was reached out to by Heighway staff today and told things will be okay, and my issues with my machine are being dealt with asap. I went from panic mode to simply not happy but less worried mode. Certainly don't feel good about the whole situation as it sits, but I will still say the game is very fun and very good. Which makes it hard to not root for. I'm sure that doesn't elect a ton of concern, but it was the best news I've gotten from them in weeks.

#14734 6 years ago
Quoted from Dano:

Since everyone is pulling theories out of their butts I'm going to say that Heighway hired a gaggle of oompa loompas to help build machines. I'm hoping the goodie bag has everlasting gobstoppers in it!

Cute that you think there are goodie bags

#14903 6 years ago

If anyone wants to try playing Alien come to Indiana. It's on location now.

IMG_1510 (resized).JPGIMG_1510 (resized).JPG

IMG_1511 (resized).JPGIMG_1511 (resized).JPG

#14907 6 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

64 credits. You had a high roller playing I see.

I put them on so people can learn the game for a bit.

#14909 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Is the xeno head working?

Not completely. I have it turned off. Tongue comes out more frequent than it's intended. I've been told I'm getting the updated mech but with the way things are going I'm not counting on anything.

#14911 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

If anything, things are looking up. Yes there will be further delays, but getting your parts someday is way better than never.

Hope your right but I'm not feeling as confident. I just picture the old jpop bailout that didn't go so well. It seems to me so many people are asking for money back that they may be in trouble regardless. I truly hope I'm wrong as the game is very fun, but the amount of issues I'm experiencing on my machine aren't making me any more confident in it.

#14917 6 years ago

Yep it's mine and it should be Indiana not Tennessee.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-alien-1#post-3802023

Open to trade for Ruby Red WoZ with 2.0 boards price is just pinside suggestion. Open to offers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tsskinne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=tsskinne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.