zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toucanf16.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25803 4 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Mini-Beacons are real nice and added to my game.
BIG-Beacons are also nice and added to my game

This beacons are from former DDR manufacturer and are normally on trucks.

What's the source for the mini beacons?

2 weeks later
#25842 4 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

I also want mini beacons!!!!!!!!!!
Pls Santa !

Me too! Can someone please remind me where to get the mini beacons. Are they plug and play?

#25847 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Now, a last improvement for a best optical result of all stainless steel parts in the ALIEN - Electro-polishing.
I expect the parts back by the end of the year.

I wanna see before and after pics!

7 months later
#27414 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Amazon. Rather cheap and simple to install.
amazon.com link »

Beacons are out of stock. Anyone have an alternate source?

#27421 3 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I watched on Youtube a guy that was making a mod for the hypersleep chambers. His prototype looked really good, but he was having a hard time figuring out how to get the chamber door to lift with the lock button. I thought the mod looked good as it is and I would really like to purchase one from him and he stated on his comments page to check Pinside, but for the life of me I can't find him or his mod. I left him a message on his Youtube channel.
Anybody know about this one?

Look at post 26536. Is this what you’re talking about?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/531

#27460 3 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Good evening everyone. I'm joining the club tomorrow and I wanted to thank you all for maintaining such a vibrant community. I've been reading through all of the ups and downs of this story and to be honest if it wasnt for the support of this thread I would have been too scared to bring such an exotic pin into my collection.
I'm curious if anyone knows of someone who would do service calls in nor cal on an Alien(s) pin if I ever needed one. Chris the pinball pirate said he would be willing to try to help with any issues but I could tell he was a little apprehensive. He told me basically that unlike nearly every other pin in the world, this one might be beyond his abilities especially due to lack of support and parts. Let me know if anyone knows anyone or has any advice or input for me. I pick up the machine in 12.5 hours and I am so excited i probably wont sleep
Thanks

Post pics when you get it home!

#27483 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

Ive added the spaceship in this corner.[quoted image]

I just purchased an Eaglemoss Alien SULACO U.S.S. model (I think that’s the same model you posted earlier). How did you mount the model? Please post some closeup pics. Thx.
https://shop.eaglemoss.com/us/hero-collector/alien-and-predator/u-s-s-sulaco

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 weeks later
#27590 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Another long day at work. For me, the one area NOT to skimp is the power supply. The Delta 12v on Alien is 12amps!!! Way underpowered and caused my game to hard rest quite often actually. One pop of the hood exposed that one.
https://www.meanwell.com/webapp/product/search.aspx?prod=HRP-450 The "-12" version gives you 37.5 amps @12vdc. Should be considered a minimum upgrade. Around $140.00
If you're going to add mods, remember (almost) everything on this game runs at 12v , and LED strips (biggest culprit), can pull quite a bit of current.
This one is in my game: https://www.meanwell.com/webapp/product/search.aspx?prod=HRPG-1000 . around $219.00
Around 68 amps@12v, has very good A/C inrush current handling, variable speed fan, and now makes me unafraid of PS issues, period. Have not had 1 reset since installing.
Overkill for some, peace of mind for me. People spend $300.00 for 3d printed toys. A good power supply is worth the investment, imho.
Hope that helps......[quoted image]

I'm not near my games (8000 miles away). Does anyone know if the same MeanWell PS will work in a Full Throttle? Thanks

1 week later
#27609 3 years ago

Double dope!

#27621 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I read about a cool Alien iPhone case and thought others here might like it.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/619967354/iphone-x66s78-the-alien-bones-case[quoted image]

Need one for an 11Max

#27623 3 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

how am I supposed to cram that in my front pocket?

Don’t, m just set an a desk and freak everyone out with it!

2 weeks later
#27657 3 years ago
Quoted from dpeck3:

Hey guys. All of my spare parts are now sold. One person took them all. I promised one of you an I/O board and I am holding to that. Just waiting on your payment. You know who you are. If anything falls through, I’ll let you know. Thanks again!

PM send, I’m the guy you’re holding I/o boards for.

2 weeks later
#27707 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Just want to show these beacons sent from Taiwan.
They should fit perfect as spare or to upgrade a standard machine.
I validated them with the installed beacon on my LE and they are same, except of the white housing, but this can be changed easily.
Where to get them? I have posted the EBAY-Address some pages earlier in this topic.
An interesting option is, that these beacons are available with yellow, red, blue or green glass.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I didn’t see them from Taiwan, but here’s one from mainland China.

ebay.com link: 12V 110V Red Rotating Beacon Warning Caution Light Lamp Spiral Fixed Select

#27711 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Lamp from China is the same, but has a red glass.
There's a distributor that sells red, blue, green and yellow.
Try this: ebay.com link

Thanks!
Anyone have blue backbox beacons? I have the original Yellow, but may get blue. Thoughts?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,999 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toucanf16.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=toucanf16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.