pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toasterman04.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

4 weeks later
#12481 7 years ago

Ya but look at Aerosmith pros are shipping and les were behind.... and that was stern.... have faith in Andrew!!!

#12515 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

He's quoting something that Andrew used to say, but doesn't say much anymore

Ya it's the "$10k by Christmas" for alien!!!

#12518 7 years ago

Ya I also paid in full and and trying to avoid the rumours..... I am also trying to avoid contacting my distributor every week asking for updates. I was thinking about contacting heighway but also thought that was going too far.... this day and age people expect things at a snap of the fingers... I am ridiculously excited but gotta hone in my inner child and be patient

#12602 7 years ago

Ya it has been a quite last couple days

#12612 7 years ago

Ya I am going with no news is good news...but man even I am getting a little antsy.... and I am usually calm

#12622 7 years ago

Go to bed nervous.... walk up calm.... game on.... can't wait for alien....

#12623 7 years ago

I will make a personal effort not to go into this thread for the rest of the weekend ..... it does nothing but reil me up..... take a deep breath... let Andrew work 20 hours a day, never sleep, be a nervous wreck; and ship out out an amazing polished game when it's ready...

1 week later
#12919 6 years ago

Ya I also wan wondering this.... if all pieces are in and ready for full production.... why hasn't it been released to the masses that they are runnin at full capacity.... I mean you never would expect this from a company like stern.... but heighway had made the effort since day one to keep their customers informed at every step.... and now it feels like crickets ..... any day now we should expect to see Andrew release pictures and or videos of 20-50 SE's shipping out.

#12945 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Just pulled the audits from my machine and thought some of you may find this data interesting, especially the drains as many people seem to complain about the left outlane.
"13 LEFT DRAINS 1763
14 RIGHT DRAINS 1020
15 CENTER DRAINS 4820"

Cool Man thanks for sharing

1 week later
#13536 6 years ago

I am also waiting for my alien to ship. And to be honest have contimplated jumping ship, (too much Pinside will do that to a guy). But I finally got to play on at YEGPIN today .... and all I can say is !! This game just like everyone says is fricken amazing. Pictures DO NOT do it justice! It plays so smooth and the shots feel so good to shoot and I won't even go into the amazing modes I got to experience. I feel foolish for even considering jumping ship.... this thing will stay in my collection forever!!! I cannot wait to get mine!

#13691 6 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Boom!!!! ( As The Pinball Amigos Say, lol) I just got the word (and photos)
My Alien pinball has been shipped today!
Very excited to add this to my collection.
Andrew and Morgan have been a pleasure to work with and have always responded quickly.
Can't wait to get flipping on this next week!
Thanks again to Heighway Pinball!
I will be a return customer for sure for game #3

Is this game another "beta testing game" that you worked out a deal with Andrew personally... knowing there are issues? Or is this part of the first run of machines for the masses?

#13696 6 years ago

Yes I also was expecting an update from heighway stated that he Zeno mechs are in and production has begun... I know they have been more quite for some time, but instances such if this would usually be posted

#13765 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

I too crapped on the ramps many pages ago and got lots of thumbs down. I just accept that's the way they are supposed to look and if the majority likes them I'll get used to them.

ya they look unfinished to me... and i dont like the unused "brackets" just sitting on the top of the ramps. But it in no way makes me question buying this beauty of a game. I know that enough people dont like them one of the many modders will make something cool and we will all just throw money at them

#13858 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

mylay strip at kickout.
mylar donut around xeno mag on pf
mylar at ball drops
all good

what a ball drop??

#13859 6 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

what a ball drop??

ohhh i figured it out..... just had to put my pinhead hat on....

#13865 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

+10, yes, please others do consider doing this.
If concerned about the visual of the display, then cut the mylar to a picture frame.
Even a hair of raised or lower on the window can cause edge wear fast.
(If you run your hand over and its perfectly smooth, you could be OK)

I am definitely in for protecting my game, and will mylar all other areas mentioned... but covering the whole playfield screen seems a little over the top... I mean i will if there is known issues with that part of the game... but i really do think it would interfere with the clarity of the screen.
has anyone that has an aliens or a full throttle not done it and regret it? or done it and no regretted it?

#13872 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I think early adopters would be doing everyone a HUGE service by starting a new thread for...
ALIEN: RECOMMENDED TWEAKS, ADJUSTMENTS & UPGRADES
These helpful hints/photos are going to get buried in this thread, and I think it would be awesome to have all these tweaks listed in one thread.
Thanks in advance

this is pinside.... you have to sift throu any thread..

#13873 6 years ago

ok I know i will to excited to remember what to check, so thanks to all the posts on here, i made a check list for myself. and i will follow before i play a game.

Under Playfield
Check all connections
Check tightness of all screw (flipper mechs and screen)
Check levelness of the screen
Check levelness of the Magnet
Check EOS switches – make sure they are open and set properly

MYLAR
on the airlock scoop
also on mother in front of the invert ramp
and an bit in the shooter lane
around the magnet
ball drops
full playfield screen ( or mylar a frame around the screen if you choose not the whole thing)

Playfield
Check Right orbit guide for proper operation (end could be stuck out – causing the ball to hit it when fed from left orbit)
Replace plastic washers with proper metal washers
Check guide on chest burster shot

Software
Ensure code is up to date

Set Pitch
Game pitch to 6.8 Degrees

Play the fricken thing!!

#13882 6 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

There is a cliffy that has been designed for the scoop now.

From cliffy protectors? Or from heighway?

#13895 6 years ago

I have an old piece of mylar i have been cutting up over the years... can someone tell me the size of the screen, so i know if i have enough..

#13943 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Any voltage/color $15each shipped
ebay.com link » Rotating Beacon Warning Light Lamp Spiral Fixed Abs 12vdc 220vac Lte 1101

Ordered!!! Thanks libtech!!! Look forward to the update on how they work and how to hook em up

#13976 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Do either of you know the voltage going to the flashers? Did I miss it?

Lol I am just impulsive like many other pinsiders... lol.... I'm really just banking on someone figuring it out eventually and posting...

#13977 6 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

I think it would be prudent at this time for either Andrew or Cointaker to chime in. People are getting antsy and other's are bailing out to buy other pins. Not good. Just a very simple update stating, "we're building X machines daily and shipping out the same". Right now, if one was to place an order, there is NO IDEA on when to expect it. Not good business form, IMO.

Ya I haven't heard anything about my game from nitro in Canada either.... it sucks... but what can you do... im still in for this game but I will NEVER do this again.... if I can't get a game within the week I won't prepay.... but that said; I can't wait!!!

#14003 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Sorry you see it that way, as i stated before, i posted so that people would know what they are getting into. If they are comfortable with the delays, more power to them, but I feel you should have all the facts if you want to get in on a preorder.
I was actually responding to someones post regarding the business, and i stated it was my opinion/thoughts.
I have stated before that I do like Alien and I do want Heighway to ship games. So that whole conspiracy theory that people are buying in and then backing out to try and tank the company is just f'n ridiculous. I would sure hope people have better things to do with their time.
I'm sorry, but you cannot tell me a single person thinks 30+ days for a refund is acceptable, what other transaction or purchase have you ever made in your life where that was ok. The obvious dodging of people asking for refunds and clearly not having the money to refund, if that isn't alarming to people, then i guess it is what it is. Not to mention the publicly available financial status of the company. Whatever.
There are a number of other people in the same boat as me, but they aren't posting. As i said before, my inbox got flooded with stories and messages regarding a lot of things once i posted that i asked for a refund. However, most of them are not posting, and i'm starting to see why they don't bother. If you say anything bad about Heighway, you get attacked. Fun.
Life is short, i have better things to do with my time than argue with asshats on PinSide regarding Heighway. I've tried to make information available for people thinking about getting in. I'm done with this thread. I'll post when/if i get my refund, but other than that, I'm moving on.
I wish Andrew/Heighway the best of luck and I do sincerely hope people actually get their games regardless of whether i agree or disagree with how the business is run. I really do.

I hope you get your refund soon.
That is my biggest hate on Pinside is the constant bickering. I just wanna talk pinball man!!!

#14017 6 years ago
Quoted from Dano:

I saw it last night and I give it a 6.5

out of 6 ???

#14021 6 years ago

EEEEEEEEEEEEE....... NOT GETTING GOOD REVIEWS......

#14024 6 years ago

sounds like you lost power to all coils... is the coin door open? that sometimes kills power to all high powered coils for safety....

Quoted from lamihh:

Thanks!
Now I tried to play. When I shoot the ball into the airlock scoop the ball stays in there. No mode starts. Ball doesn't come out. Flipper buttons, start button and everything not working
What to do???

#14105 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I played a brand new pro alien this past weekend and here are my thoughts
the good
- the build of the cabinet and backbox are very nice. I'm not too keen on the playfield glass set up (it's damn heavy) but on the plus side, doesn't take a ton of space in front of the game to remove
- I wasn't a fan of the backbox until I actually saw it. it really is a nice design and a leap forward from the wooden and metal backboxes of the stern and jjp games
- the quality of both the 25" backbox display and the one under the playfield is fantastic. the coders have done an excellent job of integrating the films' footage and game modes
- I love the fact that both the outer side panels and interior [blades] light up
the indifferent
- code version on the machine that I played was 0.97 and had some issues (like scoring getting all messed up with a 4-player game
(granted, this will be addressed with future code updates, it's kind of disappointing that this far after the game being showcased at expo last year, that they are still having issues of this nature. additionally, with a 4-player game, multi-ball modes would start randomly at the beginning of ball one for player no. 4
- the drop out flipper mechanisms are an interesting change from what we're used to. it will be very interesting further down the road, just how available (and how expensive) replacement parts are
the bad
- the scalloped edge on the left ramp was very sharp to the touch (just an FYI for all you new and potential owners) where the cut ended near the top before the loop back
- the metal ramp was filthy with residue from the welds. initially, I thought that it was an effect of an old weather starship that they were trying to achieve, but it was quickly pointed [to me] that on the ramp, the pattern of the ramp's filth matched that of the welds
- the same goes for all of the lamp boards underneath the playfield. apparently, heighway hasn't heard of running the boards through a wash cycle after applying all of the components. fingerprints and flux residue covered every one of the strangely cut boards.
- the ball kick out cut-out of the apron is too large and causes the ball to get "hung" to the left of the shooter lane almost 50% or more of the time. we had to fashion a make-shift plastic shim to close up the hole to prevent this from happening
the ugly
- half of the rubber rings were dry rotted straight out of the box and needed to be replaced. (just how long ago were the rings purchased and have they not been stored properly?
- changing out the rubber rings led to accidentally breaking one of the acrylic (not PETG) playfield protectors while trying to free it from the posts. acrylic was NOT a good choice
- the game that we received did not include the xenomorph head [at all]. we were told that it would ship at a later time, but only after inquiring (and we were not given a date at which it would ship
looking above, one might get the feeling that I do not like the game. that's far from the truth. even with all of its shortcomings, we had a lot of fun playing it for about 4+ hours, but truth be told, I really have the feeling that machines are only being shipped to placate the people who paid in full and have been waiting too long.
it's quite obvious that the game still needs some major tweaks (straight out of the box no less) which shouldn't be the case for something that you're paying north of $7K for
just my .02

Well thanks for you thoughts.... I appreciate it! I too am feeling nervous about getting my game with their being all these known issues.... but that god damn title, "ALIEN"...... man I can't wait!!!!!

#14175 6 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

The way to get one there is to get one of the distributors to bring one, so invite Nitro or Cointaker.

Lol.... I don't think you can just invite them to set up shop. To my understanding Vendors would need to pay to be at events... and they would need to ensure they would make enough moola to make it viable...

#14248 6 years ago

My concern and constant consideration for possibly pulling out and buying another stern is they may make alien and I might get my game.... but if they are struggling now what happens if they don't get to game 3 and the company folds... what are owners supposed to do for support? I would be routing this game and if I need parts down the road... it's a heavy risk. With a new stern honestly you can sleep comfortably knowing parts will always be available.

#14251 6 years ago

My post wasn't meant to be about future games...it was my concern of future availablty of parts and service....

#14253 6 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I know. My response was about with the success of the Alien title, being what it's expected to be, you shouldn't have to worry about parts availability. So much has been "over engineered" on the Heighway platform with modularity in mind that fixes should be easy. And Alien production is probably going to go on for such a long long time that availability of parts shouldn't be an issue.

Ohhhh ok ... back on then.... man this jumping on and off the ole band wagon is tiring!!!!

#14626 6 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

is there a problem with Heighway? Are they having financial problems?

That is today's speculation

#14673 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Maybe Heighway is forging an alliance with JJP and with one fell swoop they will crush the competition and restore order to the pinball marketplace?!

Nope!!!!

#14755 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

f Heighway doesn't have a definitive (non-PR B.S.) answer as to the lack of communication and clear direction of the company by Tuesday, I'd say F-it, this company is now at DP levels and do whatever you have to get your money back or your game sitting 2 steps away from the final

I feel this is where I am at.... a decent answer needs to come now.... or I will invest other places ...... total anahilation is my thoughts

#14760 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Don't you need to get a refund back before you invest in other places?

No.... I told by wise people before me to go with a distributor instead of direct... money is safe... I just really really want the title, but waiting this long and then probably another 6 months to work out the kinks .... I think I am better off to invest my money elsewhere..

4 months later
#17146 6 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

mainly operators

Why would operators want hire money tied up in a kit sitting on the floor..... buy two full games want swap them out between locations sure.... but you would have to be a pretty big operator to leave money sitting on your floor....

#17159 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I sure hope you're not calling/emailing Cointaker everyday.

Lol sounds like every hour... coin taker probably air freighted a pin just for him to stop the calls

1 week later
#17478 6 years ago

congratulations to all who are getting thier games.... you are all way more patient than I was....

#17536 6 years ago

COngrats dude so happy for you!!!! I remember the goosebumps the first time I played this game.... it will be in my collection some day...

3 weeks later
#18484 6 years ago

Hey guys, if anyone wants to do beacon lights I ordered a set when I had the game on order and they are sitting in my shop. I will sell them for $20 Canadian for the two. Plus shipping. Let me know if interested.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toasterman04.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=toasterman04 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.