pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timberone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11445 7 years ago

I see there are options on the LE for blue or green armor. Which one do you guys prefer? Would you opt for the backbox monitor?

#11486 7 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Not sure how anyone could say that with any degree of certainty. Based on Alien & Full Throttle, I think the odds are highly probable that Dave Sanders is going to continue to design fun games that I want to purchase. And the thought of paying for just the playfield vs an entire new cabinet sounds incredibly appealing to many, either for cost savings or due to limited gameroom space. So I'll probably play it safe & give myself the option with a black or chrome trim, which looks awesome BTW.

Thanks for the opinions on color, i think black would be the safe bet but if chrome was available, i would go for that... someting for HP to think about!

Quoted from Hazoff:

I think a Predator pin should be done soon, based on 1 and 2 like Alien/s that would look very nice next to my Alien LE, Predator LE.

I thought preditor was dead?

Quoted from Perspex:

Heighway securing another monster, insta-purchase franchise like Bladerunner would be incredible...here's hoping!

A new star wars would be the motherload!

1 week later
#11820 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Martin Ayub, of Pinball News fame, visited our factory today. Our media producer, Russell Speak, asked Martin for his impressions of our new game, Alien Pinball
» YouTube video

Thanks for the tour, very interesting! I have not been following HP for more than a couple months, so kind of courious why it seems like this is a complete brand new startup company. If HP has been already producing FT games for several years, seems like the production line would be already established and a bit more polished by now. Have they jst expanded or moved to a new facility or just looking toward the future? Just curious.

2 weeks later
#12308 7 years ago

I just noticed how HP have recesses the legs into the cabinet. Great idea! Nicer than the curved bent leg wearing the paint off the cabinet corner or just using a plastic spacer as a solution.

1 month later
#13150 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Heighway for sure needs to get shipping before the next Star Wars pin is announced. I predict a lot of peeps will jump on which ever pin they can buy, and take delivery of, first. HP better hope it's not SW. Many peeps can only afford one NIB pin this year and a SW in hand will beat the promise of an Alien coming soon, for many.

Who is producing a star wars?

#13171 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Hasbro?
amazon.com link »

Sweet! I can have it be tomorrow! Looks like easy set up also.

#13172 6 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

The video was recorded at the very end of the day on Alien Day. 30 minutes past our normal factory closing time.
We took the risk of recording the video before approval because LA is 8 hours behind us.
The approval came in around 11pm local time - at which point we posted the video. Only just on Alien Day in the UK, but still early on Alien Day for the States

I keep wondering where are all the workers in such a large complex in the videos. There have been a couple cool videos seeing things in production, different assembly lines, that is always reassuring to see (and interesting)

#13344 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Would it be possible to put a smaller screen in and keep the LE artwork? Then when the machine is in attract mode (?) the art would fill in on the screen. Maybe quivering, etc.....Just a thought....

I like this idea. As cool as everything is, i really dont like the speakers cut into the backglass like it is. Doesnt look finished, like an afterthought. The only thing so far i dont like.

2 weeks later
#13893 6 years ago

Andrew, any new youtube videos showing the factory planned? It would be great to see the assembly lines again and how things have changed since the last vid (hopefully). I enjoyed seeing the equipment and factory a couple months ago. Pretty much why i ordered a LE. It is really interesting to me and likely the community seeing the progress.

1 week later
#14561 6 years ago

This thread has gone from interesting, to comical, to pathetic. Andrew should not respond to ignorance. It doesnt matter if you ride a bike to work, someone is going to criticize that too.

#14690 6 years ago

Where are you guys finding these Stern Starwars rumors? I am getting ready to fill in the hole where the Alien is supposed to go eventually with a game and would like to know more about a star wars pin.

#14700 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Welcome, and you've come to the right place to learn all about SW.

Really? Im not the one that keeps bringing it up SW. Found the SW site, finally, SW is very disappointing. Lets get back to more important things... is that monitor commercial grade, how about those silver screws....

#14889 6 years ago

Time to move on.

1 week later
#15166 6 years ago

Im out. So dissapointing.

#15220 6 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

Super sad that I had to cancel out of the pre-order via paypal methods due to the lack of communication. I think this will be my last time of pre-ordering pinball games for the foreseeable future. Bummer.

Here is what needs to happen.
1- The investor group needs to refund everyone who has a deposit regardless if asked for or not. If this group is so successful in business, that should not be a problem
2- Get the game finished! Pay off bad debts and clear up any outstanding suppliers.
3- Get the production line rolling, for real this time,
4- Re-release the game! This will create new enthusiasm for the game
5- Start selling the game for a profit and keep the momentum going.

I think everyone is just disgusted with the whole game and company at the neverending excuses this point.

It is a fact that most companies fail within the first few years. The reason is they dont have the resources to operate at a loss for the first few years. Deposits and funds for current sales are used to pay old debts and interest, no money to pay current costs. The company will eventually reach a point when there is too much debt and its suppliers cut them off. Without materials and employees, the company is dead, regarless of their love for the industry. The point of this is, do not use deposits to pay bad debts. Figure out a way to pay a portion of debts from the actual sale and profit of each machine. It will take a while, but the company will eventually be debt free and start making money.

2 weeks later
#15435 6 years ago

Got my Paypal refund last week. Bought a SWLE today. ETA July!

The Alien threads have been entertaining, but time to play some pinball now.

1 month later
#15966 6 years ago

Just use that new garden hose, it will wash that glass right out

Sorry, that sucks to wait that long and get one broken.

#16009 6 years ago

You have to charge that much when you only pump out 3 machines a year

1 month later
#16727 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Since you Alien guys are asleep, I'll post the latest from Facebook for you:
First larger batch of 25 built. Some still need to go through QC. Then a container will be off to the US and single ones to other places.

The photo caption says "production line". Really? I see 1 guy working on the line and the rest are walking around. Maybe its lunchtime. Andrew posted a lot of photos like this and i never saw more than 3-5 employees. It always looked like after hours... maybe it was, but judging from the production numbers, not likely. I hope they get things figured out but machines dont build themselves.

#16739 6 years ago

How did you guys pay for deposit? I put deposit down last winter with paypal for a LE. Got my refund within about 3 weeks from paypal claim.

#16753 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

I sent a $1500 deposit by way of Paypal Oct 21st 2014.
I asked for a refund on June 12th 2017.
I asked again on Aug 22nd.
I asked again on Sept 18th.
Still waiting.

Did you file a paypal claim?

#16758 6 years ago

OK, not sure what the PP cutoff is, but I got my refund nearly 6 months. Maybe thats the cutoff. Very happy to get a refund and move on. I always knew it was a risk, of course, and had to consider the deposit as "gone" and I would be happy to get the machine but plesently surprised to get the PP refund. Hopefully others get refunds soon.

#16759 6 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

They could lop a grand or two off here in the UK by going direct to be more competitive, and if they want some sales. Or they will be struck selling a few hundred worldwide then tell me where is the profit in that? One or two hundred grand, that's nothing...

They should have left pricing where it was. If a business is losing money, which is no doubt they are, they cant just raise prices to cover their losses. The problem is poor management and lack of budgeting. They need to correct that first, regain their reputation, get some forward momentum, fix their stalled game builds, then start thinking of a price increase maybe years down the road once they prove themselves as a legitimate contender. Volume in sales will create a profit as will proof of quality.

#16774 6 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

They absolutely can and should raise prices if they are losing money. They should lose money on every sale to do what, earn good will? Sorry man, that doesn't very much sense. Just like they have the right to charge whatever they want, you have the right to not buy their product. I would rather a company raise prices then close up shop, as long as they kept the same price for the early orders that are prepaid.

Well, HP can do as they like with pricing, but the fact of it is, it typically takes start up companies a few years before they ever see a profit. One could say that HP is not a start up company, but at this point they lack consumer confidence and are at the same point or below a start up company. If raising prices was the answer, then a company should never have any financial difficulties... bad year-raise the price, poor management- raise the price. Most new companies fail because they lack staying power. What they need is to get some momentum with sales and regain consumer confidence. The only way this is going to happen is to get games into the homes of buyers.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to see HP succeed. More pin mfg, means more titles, more selections and more entertainment. I just think the ultimatum to its buyers and the price increase was a bad move. Time will tell.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
9,799 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timberone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=timberone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.