pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1016 8 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

A question about and a thoughtful ambition for the Dual Yellow Beacon Topper...
Looking so forward to the day I get to see and especially hear the sounds of the Alien 35th Anniversary Limited Edition Pin in action.
I always thought the Topper With Yellow Beacons would absolutely Command a room or establishment or home basement full of games as the Beacons are randomly spinning and stopping - simply in the attract mode.
Dualing Beacons.jpg
But you know that's me just assuming the Beacons will be designed to revolve. I've just always assumed they would revolve to create formidable tension in certain modes of beastly chaos. Imagine the beloved Klaxon Alarm unique to the Alien Movie is whaling while a T-Minus Count down is droning and reducing, your desperately trying to hit a target or series of shots to 'survive/kill/escape' while the dual Yellow Beacons are throwing a doomsday revolving flash of panic all over the room surroundings.
Truly the potential for an outstanding experience, but you know I never read anywhere that the Beacons will actually have any kind of Revolving movement capability.
Can anyone tell me if the Yellow Beacons will revolve like the one on the loader in the gif below?
Example of a revolving light.gif
Or will they simply be steady on/off lights under a plastic dome?
I think I read that the Topper Beacons might be an optional accessory that can be added to the standard non LE Pin.
Will the Beacons use modern tech? Halogen... LED ... incandescent bulb/s? Will they be of a largish size? ...please not little 3 inch domes I pray. They should be BIG and cast a far reaching light... after all they are being called "Beacons" right?
I guess if planned and designed early enough the beacons might have the capability to have it both ways!!!!
Imagine the effect of a revolving strobe light in a dark room? Muahahaha! This would be nuts on a Pinball Machine! And I totally want this Pin to have that additional feature capability now.
...and what if the Revolving Beacons had the capability to gradually slow and then reverse and... Ok I'll stop dreaming. But you get the idea... this could be a Highly Interactive Game Topper/Changer. And Heighway has always spoken of pushing Pinball Tech forward... and if this Beacon Topper has a bit of technical sophistication and is integrated in game play to take advantage of that sophistication ... WOW!
For those planning on owning this Pin someday... would you want Revolving Beacons or Fixed on and off Blinkys? Not matter? Revolving Strobe effect? Revolving speed increases as T-Minus count down gets closer to Zero? Run them independently of one another? ...Meaning one starts flashing when you get in a little trouble, then it starts revolving solid when your in a lot of trouble, then it starts to strobe while its revolving when your in big doo doo, then the other side starts escalating through these stages as your situation continues to intensify until both sides are going nuts and your screaming for your mommy.
I Know - I'm dreaming again.

I am two months behind on this thread, so sorry for the way back bump if this is discuss further later on, but I think this is an awesome idea. I'm curious what aurich thinks if he has not already commented later.

2 weeks later
#1046 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Andrew is insanely busy right now, just juggling a lot. I don't want to speak for him, just noting that he hasn't had much time lately, because he's working on so much. I imagine as soon as he can free himself he'll post an update on Full Throttle.

Is there an updated timeline of some kind on Alien? Such an exciting theme, pinball could use some good news.

#1049 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm not comfortable giving any kind of update, that's really Andrew's role, but there's lots of work being done.

Coming from you that is all I need to know. Glad things are progressing!!! I'm getting excited about this game.

1 week later
#1069 8 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Regarding timelines, we want working prototypes by the end of August and finished games by October. Production should therefore start September/October with the first games being shipped by the end of October

Gosh, that is good news. I think this game could really rock some sales.

#1074 8 years ago

This has probably been addressed elsewhere, but what board set is Heighway using?

#1083 8 years ago

Yea, Stern has not coded well for spinners recently for sure. In family guy the spinner was huge, other than that I can't think of any where they were hugely coded for.

4 weeks later
#1145 8 years ago

To me, it is a bit of a race right now on what my next NIB pin will be. The contenders:

Alien
Game of Thrones (only if LCD display)
The Hobbit

Whichever of these games go into production first will get me to open up my wallet.

I can't wait to see the art package on Alien with aurich. It is going to be awesome.

#1152 8 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

No Lebowski on your shortlist Tiger?
Awesome prospect anyway with that list, .

I'm actually taking a wait and see approach on Lebowski. I'm more into fantasy and sci fi themes but I'm certainly going to give Lebowski a shot.

Alien is such a great theme and the coloration scheme for the art is going to look unique (dark green and yello is going to be hot).

#1198 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

PF and LCD art isn't even approved yet? This is quite a way from being ready is the way it sounds..

At least we know they aren't going the JPop rout...do the art first and then try and fit the mechs he can't get to work around the art.

1 month later
#1770 8 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Transparency to me goes beyond showing actual progress (where ever possible) and includes maintaining an updated project schedule with a target goal for actual production. Dates may very well slip but at least people can gauge how well a project is being managed and whether risks are mounting. Again, this should be the "nature of the beast" IMO for any manufacture that requires pre-order dollars to operate. Just an opinion. I'm certainly not attacking this game itself and I also understand everyone's enthusiasm for a title they're very excited about and I do think that's great.

Pinchili: you have made your point about pre-orders and transparency. You are welcome to stay in the thread and continue discussing Alien, but move on off pre-orders and transparency. Thank you.

1 month later
#2276 8 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

I keep coming back to this thread hoping for some kind of details on the machine but it's basically just a 46 page OT chat thread at this point.

Me too. I think most feel there will be news at expo. I'm ready for news.

#2279 8 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

We need someone to start a new locked thread with just alien updates and edit when updates are shown and re lock it.

I agree. I'll check with the other mods and see if we have a volunteer to build the initial post with the current news (that takes some time...).

#2285 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Like the idea, as long as there is another " club" or " enthusiast" thread to allow discussion.

Of course there would be. We love enthusiast threads and love it when people chat with each other and are happy here. A news only locked update thread would not impede any other thread you guys have now or will have in the future.

It would just be a quick summary page for those that don't want to dig out the news updates. Yes, it could be done here just by seeing all the posts made by the Heighway.

3 months later
#4529 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Correct not blocked, drained. I guess if you don't say nice things you just get drained now.
EDIT: I was able to "un-drain" it... I am back!! But, I will try to behave this time...

I accidentally drain a thread about once a month on my cell phone just scrolling around... It happens.

3 months later
#5914 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

he left to go work on Elvira 3 and a few other projects he is trying to get Stern to mak

First I've heard of Elvira 3. That's great news! Tis the era of 80's themed machines!

As for Alien, it will be done when it is done. Could Andrew have been more accurate with projected dates? Sure. Does missing the projections he gave automatically mean there was malice? No.

Full throttle is a really fun game. I like the shot geometrics on it. I'm sure Alien will be cool too.

#6182 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If the two of us can move on can I please ask that thread do too?

Glad to hear it.

This sub topic of Chris and Aurich that has appeared and the further discussion of same will now be deemed off topic discussion moving forward and moderated. Please ask no further questions on the subject herein unless you want to do it via pm or email to Chris or Aurich.

Chris and Aurich have moved past the issue. Everyone else needs to drop it as well. Thank you.

(Thank you for your work on this Ted.)

1 year later
#14055 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Lets talk reality:
1. There is inherent risk with buying ANY new game
2. There is greater inherent risk with buying from any newer manufacturer.
3. That risk goes down once we see then produce more than 1 game and start ramping up production of their second title (which appears to be a block buster with very few concerns from the vast majority of actual people that play it and it is getting pretty great reviews from owners and player)
4. That risk is ONLY $1000 for anyone to hold a slot in line. If they choose to put in more than the initial deposit, then that is on them. If you cant afford to take a 1k risk to get a game earlier, then DONT do it! Seriously, just wait it out on the sidelines and buy when stock is available.
5. Constant bashing, hate, and nagging is not going to help you or anyone else.
6. Pre-production games went out, changes were made, and now full production units appear to be going out.
7. While slow to ramp up, production appears to be increasing. Guessing around 30 have been delivered already and sounds like more going out each week now. Seems to me like a steady and planned increasing in prodution? Sounds like a good idea also when building a complex machine...
8. Things are heading in the right direction despite the constant trolling by you. Your fear mongering and trolling wont help anyone but your own desire to be spotlighted.

Your points 1-7 are all certainly well made.

I don't think anyone agrees with the second half of your point 8 though - Ted is not trolling this thread. Ted is a rather giant optimist on pretty much everything. He played the game at Allentown and had some concerns based on his observations while there, no big deal.

#14134 6 years ago

Guys, we want everyone to tone down the rhetoric in this thread a notch or two. Blanket negativity just for the sake of negativity needs to stop. Personal attacks need to stop, even if they are somewhat passive and not a direct rules violation.

#14229 6 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

Lastly, you have every right to "obstruct" a refund request, or drag it out as long as you can. Is it good business? No, but they clearly even stated it when they sent the email saying refunds would take up to 60 days as production has started. Either way, they have the right to drag it out as long as possible under PayPal, or whoever the payment processors rules are.

Surely you are confusing having the "ability" with having the "right". As a vender you are not supposed to frivolously resist credit card chargebacks and you certainly can't lie during the review obstruct anything. (I'm assuming PayPal is the same way).

People have the ability to lie under oath in a deposition, this doesn't mean they have the right to do it.

#14327 6 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

More With The Backglass

Looks very nice! Congrats! I like the thin head, looks like it would make it easier to load up and move in an SUV.

#14447 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

but how many games has Heighway built? Total Full Throttles & Aliens combined? Im guessing it's less than 300.

I've heard the number 76 for Full Throttle thrown around by several people, but I'm not sure of the source. Under 100 Full Throttles in any event.

Funny enough I have two friends that one because 7 or 8 of them were sold at TPF back in 2016 so there are a lot near me. It's a fun game with unique geometries and a cool layout. The theme isn't my cup of tea, but it's a cool game.

#14456 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

They had at least 2 batches of 60 games from my understanding. I got a game in the second batch so I would think 120 at least.

Perhaps my numbers are just what came into North America then, I really don't know...all second hand stuff, but the 76 number has been tossed around by many.

#14499 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Re: pending news
I bet its a cash infusion from an investor. What could they announce about the game that would require waiting so much? Certainly not more editions to order

Agreed. It's the only thing it logically could be, it isn't going to be something about the CT container shipping or anything like that. It would be phenomenal news if he is bringing in an equity partner and has all the details ironed out and what not.

Let's hope the discussions pan out and what not, I've seen a lot of cash infusion type deals (if that is indeed what this is) fall apart at the last minute due to security concerns and last minute re-trading asks).

#14554 6 years ago
Quoted from wizard1974:

I have the game, well currently it's at my mates hoping it's gonna land here today, I have played it , it's epic...

Congrats on getting your game. Looks great!

#14874 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm going to ask the mods to please lock this thread, it's time to move on.
You'll want to take your discussion here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebirth-of-heighway-pinball

We have noted your request and reasoning for same in the report. With the weekend we likely won't have a decision till Monday/Tuesday - time zones and holidays and what not.

#14877 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Exactly.
And that is probably why they want this one locked.
There is a ton of information in this thread that people should be allowed to continue to quote, and yes, that includes posts where people's credibility may be at issue.

That's a good point.

The initial feel from the mods online with me right now (which is certainly not many at this time) is we allow the new thread to live but leave this one open as well. If people want to migrate to the new thread great, if not then that's fine we will not force them and this thread continues.

#14899 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

pretty sure that standard practice is that an OP (in this case Andrew) can request a thread closed at any time and the mods team does so.

This is not correct. While we do frequently accept requests to close threads by a thread's OP, the OP is not the owner of a thread. We often reject requests to close threads by the OP, especially when the topic is an issue that impacts the community or the community finds useful.

To pick on my longhorn buddy - as an example - Iceman (as OP) requested the JPop thread closed at one point. His request was rejected and the thread is still open. I can think of a few other examples with big threads like this one where similar requests were denied.

Im trying to think of an example where we have closed a giant thread like this one at an OP's request and I can't think of any off hand.

#14958 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

To those that can't understand the business sense, come'on, think sensibly. This is the way the Private Equity investment firms are able to make money:
Take a business that has difficulty due to business process and such. Turn it around. Profit.
NOT: Take a business is operating efficiently, pay market value, contribute nothing in terms of process improvement. Make marginal return.
The value (opportunity) is in turning around the business, the modular IP, and the Alien license. While there is risk of the investors losing money. There is also huge possibility of significant returns. Simple case of risk and return. It's not a dumb play by investors in any way.

I'm not so sure about that. The PE deals I've closed were about buying into the revenue stream (even if the investment was masquerading as a loan). They also all retained the prior owner / management in some (usually substanital or meaningful) way.

I've never seen a PE come in on deal that was not generating revenue. Im not saying they don't do it, I've just never seen it.

#15031 6 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Andrew has asked me to remove my concept Alien artwork from this thread. After 24 hours, I can't edit my post to remove the image, so please, everyone....look at the image below...."you will forget you ever saw the Alien LE concept artwork"...

I can remove it for you. What post number is it? (I'm on my phone and can't navigate easily).

3 months later
#16998 6 years ago

Pinside staff comment:

We have looked into the matter and do not see anything that leads us to believe greenhornet is a duplicate, in fact, our investigation leads us to believe he is not a duplicate. His posting style likewise does not emulate any usual duplicate account suspect.

If anyone has hard data to show or suggest (other than the third person comment above) he's a duplicate please give it to us in a private MF thread, otherwise we view the matter as closed and instruct everyone to go back on topic.

Thank you all for your attention.

#17003 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Have you hooked him up to an oscilloscope? We need hard science on this.

Haha! Robin doesn't give us access to fun stuff like that.

Seriously guys, everyone move along from the greenhornet and let the thread go back on topic. Have a good evening you all.

1 week later
#17149 6 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Why would operators want hire money tied up in a kit sitting on the floor..... buy two full games want swap them out between locations sure.... but you would have to be a pretty big operator to leave money sitting on your floor....

Operators use to destroy games with sledge hammers once they stopped earning so they could accelerate the depreciation on them. The original kits (pin2k) were designed to save them money and make it to where they wouldn't need to take a sledge hammer to an old game.

1 week later
#17620 6 years ago

Special thanks to SunKing for bringing the Aliens game to HAAG this weekend. Very cool to see this game at our Houston show, it was enjoyed by everyone.

1 week later
#18296 6 years ago

jeffspinballpalace : your personal opinion has been heard. You are reaching broken record status. Please move along from this issue without further debate.

#18365 6 years ago
Quoted from packards34:

MODERATORS , doesn't Andrews new account breach the community rules of having duplicate accounts?

While we normally do not respond to questions such as this outside a mod feedback thread, I’ll make an exception in this case. Any comments to my answer must exclusively be in a mod feedback thread and not in this thread.

Answer: normally yes, but he made a request before opening the new account and his request was approved. That matter is closed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,799 (OBO)
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.